Facebook Friendship Challenge

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Facebook Friendship Challenge

Post by Adama »

I have FB but I don't use it like most people do. I only go on there every so often.

It seems like now people are demanding proofs of your loyalty for friendship, or risk being removed as their friends. They have such nerve as to demand interaction, or else. Or they demand that you post something on your status to copy them, or else they will remove you as their friend.

The sad part is these are not women but grown men who are fathers. Jump through these hoops to prove your electronic loyalty to me, or face the end of our electronic friendship.

What kind of nerve do these people have? I wrote to him, saying, "People stopped reading my stuff long ago." I never demanded that they like my posts, or face defriendship.

Fostering narcissism. This is the second time this guy has done this, and he is the second one to do this that I have noticed. Maybe I should just ignore them completely. This is pathetic.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on October 28th, 2016, 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Re: Facebook Friendship Challenge

Post by Zambales »

But can a person you've never met before be classed as a friend? I would guess that a more accurate description would be an 'online acquaintance' - so this guy shouldn't be getting all pissy and serious about something that most other people would just shrug off.

I do think there's a large contingent of Fakebook users who are attention seekers though. I remember a few months ago, there was a fire near where I work and all these gimps from the surrounding offices came out with their phones videoing it. The actual flames weren't even visible and all you could see was a small plume of black smoke. Why bother?

I spent a month on the site some years ago before deleting my profile. I don't get the love for it. Found it pretentious, cheesy and boring. Would much rather visit forums where people write far more interesting stuff - and if I need to contact friends I'll use one of those devices to call, email or text. What are they called again? Oh yeah. A phone! :wink:
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

These are friends from High school.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on December 29th, 2017, 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

Adama wrote:These are friends from High school.
Nice group of friends you have there. Of course, birds of a feather flock together. Did they call you "reprobate" when they de-friended you?