My issues with A Foreign Affair dating site

Discussion for marriage-minded members seeking foreign brides for marriage and serious long-term relationships.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: My issues with A Foreign Affair dating site

Post by publicduende »

Voyager1 wrote:Image

I looked the photo and these are not even real red roses. These are the cheapest flowers available. Also the box of chocolates is very cheap here in Ukraine. I've seen it in the supermarkets and it's the cheapest one. In other words the guy will spend $100-$150 for such a service and they will buy the cheapest in everything. What a scam.
...which makes me think that everything, at least off Eastern Europe, is a way to scam Western men hundreds of dollars, occasionally investing a few bucks. A good ROI, if you ask me :)

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

I did find the box of chocolates she's holding
http://ko.zakupka.com/p/69345287-konfet ... chnyy-285g

It sells for 90.61UAH here in Ukraine (a little under $4). The flowers I estimate are not more than $5-$10. AFA probably charged anywhere from $100-$150 for the service. Not a bad "ROI" if you ask me.

You should not be buying anyone chocolates, flowers, anything until you have met them in person and you are well into the relationship and when you do make sure that you personally purchase these things yourself and present them to her in person. Otherwise you are just providing a healthy return on investment for these companies and you might never see her or 5 other guys might be sending her 'flowers'.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

I am reading scam reports about AFA like this one:
https://a-foreign-affair.pissedconsumer ... 45181.html

The common theme in the comments is that the letter writing might be a scam but you should go on a tour because the tours are real and you will meet real women but why should I trust a company this is dishonest in one area to be honest in another?

The above report is a clear case where a guy was scammed out of $230 paying for correspondence with someone who was not the same person in the photos and could quite possibly have been a male translator.

My question is why didn't John Adams just refund the money? Why is he so dishonest? In one other report I read about him he was trying to charge $250 for the girl's real contact info. Well this guy in the above report came up $20 shy but just paid for fake correspondence.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

Excerpt from https://a-foreign-affair.pissedconsumer ... 45181.html

John Adams, the public face of AFA can smile and cajole as much as he pleases when promoting his seedy looking romance tour videos, but as far as I am concerned, due to my recent experience and a few others that I had overlooked in the past, he is nothing but a pus-filled-maggot who runs a criminal enterprise that steals from his countrymen.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

Voyager, are there really men that pay money just to write a letter to a woman, and in a country where hey don't speak your language??? And worse, pay money to send flowers and chocolates to a woman they never met? Sounds really desperate and asking to be ripped off. As they say, there is one born every minute. Why not say something like I will send money if you send a pic of this woman hiding my pic and sitting on her couch in a blue dress or something? Smething not posed. Anyone can post any pic on the internet, but if they can't return a pic with a simple suggestion then it is a fake or they don't have that person's consent. How do you know you are not paying to write to a man that is using someone else's pic?

To pay like $250 to write a letter? Shit, give me that for each letter and I will write to you behind a woman's pic and utter 'true love' :lol: But don't send flowers or choclates. Send me bike kit :lol:

Some pimp must be laughing at stupid americans that fall for that. In fact, what is the difference between a pimp and someone running such a business, peddling flesh?
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

Krad - you're made to feel as if she's going to be your wife so of course you would want to shower her with flowers, gifts, chocolates, ANYTHING, right?

Just go on the tour John Adams says. Just go on the tour.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

Voyager1 wrote:Krad - you're made to feel as if she's going to be your wife so of course you would want to shower her with flowers, gifts, chocolates, ANYTHING, right?

Just go on the tour John Adams says. Just go on the tour.
Oi vey, just sign here and you can have this shiksa, at only 10% interest. . In fine print: per day. The lay by plan is you miss 1 payment and you forfeit the item and all previous payments.
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Re:

Post by Devil Dog »

Winston wrote:Back in 2002, I arranged two introductions in their St. Petersburg office. When both ladies failed to show and stood me up, AFA refunded my money. No problem.
Winston, you should have emailed a link to your 'Fast Kicks and Punches' video. No way they would have no-showed you after that display of alpha manliness.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Re: Re:

Post by Voyager1 »

Winston wrote:Back in 2002, I arranged two introductions in their St. Petersburg office. When both ladies failed to show and stood me up, AFA refunded my money. No problem.
Winston, did you have any prior correspondence with these 2 supposed girls or did you just walk into the office, look through a catalogue and say I want to meet that one and that one? Then they called the girls and said they were unavailable to meet? What?

When you say someone stood you up it implies that you had a prior agreement to meet.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Re:

Post by Winston »

Voyager1 wrote:
Winston, did you have any prior correspondence with these 2 supposed girls or did you just walk into the office, look through a catalogue and say I want to meet that one and that one? Then they called the girls and said they were unavailable to meet? What?

When you say someone stood you up it implies that you had a prior agreement to meet.
No I didn't have prior correspondence with them. I picked them out of a catalogue. A translator called them and arranged the dates.

Btw, AFA no longer has tours to Russia. I wonder why. Isn't Russia a hot market? There must have been some major obstacle that closed them down.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Citizen
Freshman Poster

Post by Citizen »

Guys give money or buy gifts because like most people in the West they don't understand how valuable Western money is and how worthless everyone else's money is.

My question about AFA is how did they get so many of those girls into lingerie and what happened after the photographer had a girl in lingerie on a bed or sofa.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

What's interesting about this page: http://www.loveme.com/information/fake-letters.html

is that it reads

"These days, many international dating sites encourage you to write letters or chat online. However, most of these letters are written by translators without any knowledge or input from the women you think you are corresponding with"

but isn't that exactly what John Adams is doing according to this report?

https://a-foreign-affair.pissedconsumer ... 45181.html
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

I keep hearing this theme in the comments, "The letter writing is a scam but the tours are legit. I met my wife there or I know someone who did."

But how can I trust a company that is dishonest in one area and 'legit' in another? I expect a company to be legit and above board in all areas. Basically I think AFA tours are cattle calls - invite a maximum amount of women for free food and drink (which is very cheap to do in countries AFA is operating) and see who shows up so of course from that crowd you are going to get some sincere women.

And they don't do any type of screening for scammers, pro-daters or gold diggers. Anyone can just show up to the socials even if they've been kicked out before. It really is disorganized and poorly run.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

Someone asked why is the letter writing fabricated? Because even a sincere girl can not upkeep correspondence with 10-20 guys. Plus she is really only going to want to correspond with someone she sees as a potential match for her. So the correspondence is fabricated by translators (working at local agencies or AFA headquarters in AZ?) to hook the guy into taking the tour where some sincere ladies might show up.

But really the faked correspondence is criminal because they are charging for it. If you feel you are a victim of this type of fraud by AFA or other company I encourage you to contact the FBI's internet crime complaint center here: https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Kradmelder wrote:Voyager, are there really men that pay money just to write a letter to a woman, and in a country where hey don't speak your language??? And worse, pay money to send flowers and chocolates to a woman they never met? Sounds really desperate and asking to be ripped off. As they say, there is one born every minute. Why not say something like I will send money if you send a pic of this woman hiding my pic and sitting on her couch in a blue dress or something? Smething not posed. Anyone can post any pic on the internet, but if they can't return a pic with a simple suggestion then it is a fake or they don't have that person's consent. How do you know you are not paying to write to a man that is using someone else's pic?

To pay like $250 to write a letter? Shit, give me that for each letter and I will write to you behind a woman's pic and utter 'true love' :lol: But don't send flowers or choclates. Send me bike kit :lol:

Some pimp must be laughing at stupid americans that fall for that. In fact, what is the difference between a pimp and someone running such a business, peddling flesh?
Spot on. These agencies tend to rely on the money-orientated vacuous suckers who are used to having everything in life served to them on a plate. What these guys fail to realise is that the people involved in this process are just as money-orientated as they are - and that includes the women.

If only they'd spent a decent amount of time on a standard dating site spending a fraction of the cost spunked on exorbitant agency fees; they may have come to the conclusion that meeting a genuine foreign woman is far from easy.