Date in Asia - My experiences

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
mentor
Freshman Poster

Re: Date in Asia - My experiences

Post by mentor »

I 've been in several online dating sites.
Though the quality of many girls is questioned, I can tell for sure that I never ever found the mass quantity of girls that Dateinasia have, and also they are willing to communicate, regardless of the final results of this communication.

I am checking other dating sites, not only asian ones, and now I find them like being empty!

Of course, it is about the quality and not the quantity, but I got the feeling that in this huge pile of girls, there should be good ones too.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

jacobicurious
Freshman Poster

Post by jacobicurious »

Here are some more:

Bi curious dating sites: http://www.bicuriousdating.us/

Couples dating sites: http://www.bi-couple.org/

Bisexual dating sites: http://www.bi-pride.com/

BBW dating sites: http://www.bbwsdatingsite.com/
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

This new site button/advertising, oyoy.com (dating again), inside Dia,
what is all about?
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

Now I think I need an expert advice, from someone with deep knowledge in filipinas and online dating:
She always tell me that her English is not good.
Keep this.
But, I see that her English is not that bad! She is ok, comparing with others which have awful English.

My problem?
She reads my messages, but she usually responds me after hours! Sometimes she responds instantly, but sometimes she reads, but her answer is late.
Also her answers are always short phrases.

When I asked her to tell me why she reads and not responding or responding after hours, she told me that she is not confident with her english, so she is afraid of mistakes, but she miss me, she like me etc.

Believe it or not, this girl told me she had no relationship in her life...

But this tactic of responding after hours, and with just minimal phrases,
seems strange to me...

I told her that I am not judgemental and please elaborate in our discussion and I find her English decent,
but she keeps in the same pattern...

What do you think?
Lorenzo
Freshman Poster

Post by Lorenzo »

mentor wrote:My problem?
She reads my messages, but she usually responds me after hours! Sometimes she responds instantly, but sometimes she reads, but her answer is late.

When I asked her to tell me why she reads and not responding or responding after hours, she told me that she is not confident with her english, so she is afraid of mistakes, but she miss me, she like me etc.
...or she is too busy chatting with and writing to the other guys.

I once made a fake profile to test out the honesty and sincerity of a certain Thai girl online before we intended to meet. Busted her!
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

Lorenzo wrote:

I once made a fake profile to test out the honesty and sincerity of a certain Thai girl online before we intended to meet. Busted her!
Yes, I get your logic.

It is not that it is online and not responding, so then I would suppose she is chatting with others.
I see that she read my message five hours ago, and she responds after ten hours.
Of course I do not know what she did in the meanwhile.
She is careful to visit my profile before logging out, so that it is recorder that she was online 5 hours ago, and she visited my profile 5 hours ago. So, someone would tell that I was her only/last visit on site.
But, what's the point of reading someone's message, just to answer him after many hours?
She tells it is about her english...but I doubt about it.
So this is why I am asking here for opinions.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

Lorenzo wrote:

What is the problem chatting to others when you are not involved with her? Don't you correspond with many girls? After all dating is a process of meeting a variety and eventually narrowing down your choice to one. You don't owe all your attention to 1 person when you only know them via internet. They are not your wife.

Unless of course she is writing you are the one and only.

All this checking when they log in, log in and not on your profile, is like a childish game. They are free people and can talk to who they want. Perhaps if they take their time they are serious about you and want to put some thought into the reply. Sometimes it is best to think before replying. Especially if the culture is different. I would not read so much in to it.
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

Kradmelder, I just asked for opinions here. Interpretation of a specific attitude.
I did not asked her to talk only with me, as we are not couple.
I said that I find it weird to know that she saw my question now, and she responded after 5 hours.

Yes, you maybe right, some questions need thorough answers, and so there should be thoughts and time before replying.
But when I ask her to clarify me what is her hair color because I can't tell for sure from the photos, and she reads my message now, and she replies for such question after 5 hours,
then forgive me, but I am into thoughts myself.

Yes, I can accept a delay, for difficult topics I ask.
She needs her time.
And she tells that her poor engish is the reason. But I find her english good! And sometimes I ask so simple things! And still response after hours.
So, does she need hours to find the right english expression to tell me about her hair color?
Something weird happens, I can't explain, I can't believe the 'poor english' explanation, and I am here to ask for opinions.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

mentor wrote:Kradmelder, I just asked for opinions here. Interpretation of a specific attitude.
I did not asked her to talk only with me, as we are not couple.
I said that I find it weird to know that she saw my question now, and she responded after 5 hours.

Yes, you maybe right, some questions need thorough answers, and so there should be thoughts and time before replying.
But when I ask her to clarify me what is her hair color because I can't tell for sure from the photos, and she reads my message now, and she replies for such question after 5 hours,
then forgive me, but I am into thoughts myself.

Yes, I can accept a delay, for difficult topics I ask.
She needs her time.
And she tells that her poor engish is the reason. But I find her english good! And sometimes I ask so simple things! And still response after hours.
So, does she need hours to find the right english expression to tell me about her hair color?
Something weird happens, I can't explain, I can't believe the 'poor english' explanation, and I am here to ask for opinions.
Hair colour? She is an asian so isn't it black? Are the pics that bad quality? That should be straight forward. Like I will send a pic.

Now my hair colour.....ummm...ah.....I will let you know in 10 hours......in case you cant tell on the pic. :lol:
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

The pics were good, but at some pics were dark brown, and others like lighter brown-blonde.
Not black.
So, it took her 5 hours to give me the answer... 'I have blonde hair'.

Also in other simple questions, she responded after hours.

The thought it crossed my mind it was that she possibly seeks advice on her answers from other person, but not because of english, but rather for giving the 'right' answer...
But even if this was true, I could suppose it happens in difficult questions. Not the simple ones.
She uses the reason of english at everything.

I like that in Dateinasia you can see when someone is online.
This cannot be done in skype, or badoo, etc.
So you can know if she reads your message.
I remember myself in skype discussions with some girls, wondering if they read my messages...no information at all.
So besides the disadvantages, Dia has still some good advantages.

So lets get back to my core question...what do you think?
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

mentor wrote:The pics were good, but at some pics were dark brown, and others like lighter brown-blonde.
Not black.
So, it took her 5 hours to give me the answer... 'I have blonde hair'.

Also in other simple questions, she responded after hours.

The thought it crossed my mind it was that she possibly seeks advice on her answers from other person, but not because of english, but rather for giving the 'right' answer...
But even if this was true, I could suppose it happens in difficult questions. Not the simple ones.
She uses the reason of english at everything.

I like that in Dateinasia you can see when someone is online.
This cannot be done in skype, or badoo, etc.
So you can know if she reads your message.
I remember myself in skype discussions with some girls, wondering if they read my messages...no information at all.
So besides the disadvantages, Dia has still some good advantages.

So lets get back to my core question...what do you think?
I think you are worrying too much. You hardly know her. If she is not interested it will fizzle out. If she is she will start asking you questions.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Not many Filipina's have the internet at home so she could be using an internet cafe to go online which restricts their time. If she is, perhaps she wants to do other things online and that's why she's not replying straight away. Either that, or she's got a bunch of other men she's messaging. Because it's DIA I'd point more towards the latter.

One thing I've learnt over the years concerning women whether it's in the Philippines or elsewhere is to move on to newer pastures if I was unsure about the situation and felt like I was being kept in limbo. A woman behaving vaguely is usually a negative sign IMO.
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

Zambales wrote:Not many Filipina's have the internet at home so she could be using an internet cafe to go online which restricts their time. If she is, perhaps she wants to do other things online and that's why she's not replying straight away. Either that, or she's got a bunch of other men she's messaging. Because it's DIA I'd point more towards the latter.

One thing I've learnt over the years concerning women whether it's in the Philippines or elsewhere is to move on to newer pastures if I was unsure about the situation and felt like I was being kept in limbo. A woman behaving vaguely is usually a negative sign IMO.
Thanks for the advice.
She connects from the mobile wifi of a neighbor, but till now she had no restrictions, at least for this text messaging through DiA.
So, it has net availability, it is not that she goes to cafe, with restrictions in hours etc.
If this was the case, I would explained it this way.

Till now, I had two categories of girls concerning their responses:
- the ones that respond immediately as long as they were connected
- the ones who respond every now and then, with very rare connectivity, and this phase was loose and fade away.

For a girl interested in me, being interested and reading a message now, but respond after many hours, for even simple topics (with the explanation of ....english), it is something I face for the first time, and I guess it is weird.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Some Asian women dye their hair a lighter color of brown or a kind of wine color. They call brown hair 'blonde' in Indonesia, translating an Indonesian word into English.
Lorenzo
Freshman Poster

Post by Lorenzo »

Kradmelder wrote:
Lorenzo wrote:

What is the problem chatting to others when you are not involved with her? Don't you correspond with many girls? After all dating is a process of meeting a variety and eventually narrowing down your choice to one. You don't owe all your attention to 1 person when you only know them via internet. They are not your wife.

Unless of course she is writing you are the one and only.

All this checking when they log in, log in and not on your profile, is like a childish game. They are free people and can talk to who they want. Perhaps if they take their time they are serious about you and want to put some thought into the reply. Sometimes it is best to think before replying. Especially if the culture is different. I would not read so much in to it.
Simple...she told me I was the one, there were no others, and told me she was not chatting with others and said she closed her profile...BS. I valued sincerity and honesty not just a lay.