Discuss and talk about any general topic.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

Last edited by MattHanson1990 on March 29th, 2017, 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: I see myself expatting in Germany or E. Europe

Post by droid »

Whatever you do, you have to settle down somewhere for an extended period Matt. I think you didn't give Mexico enough time, but this move could be great for you.
But don't forget improving on your shape and your social skills, to maximize your results. Did you take any public speaking classes at college? I took a couple of those courses and they helped a lot with loosening up.

Like I said before, I'm glad you skip Colombia, too many single moms and they're also getting rotten fast, and it's more of a 'hardball' game than Mexico.
German girls are nice and polite, at least on the short stints i had there. They will hear you out.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
celery2010
Freshman Poster

Post by celery2010 »

Even in small towns, germany isn't exactly cheap, like EE or asia. It is cheaper than other EU countries, but i think TX near the border could possibly be cheaper.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

I understand east German cities like Leipzig are still rather cheap but kind of desolate/inactive. Good thing is Matt leans towards a relationship, so he just needs to find one nice chick.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

I agree with Droid, five months is nothing, it took me TWO YEARS to gel with China and now I love it. Adapting to an alien culture takes time and there will be plenty of days where you are tearing your hair out, go to Germany by all means if you have always wanted to live there but don't go there for women because you aren't going to stand out at all in Germany. No-one is going to give you a second look over there - and don't think being American has any bonus points in Europe because it doesn't.

If you do end up in Germany, learn German at a university, go to the gym, play your flute in the park, get out and about - I think you should go to the Philippines if women are your number one aim and you want to take advantage of being white and American. If women are not a concern for now and you just want to explore Europe then yup - go to Germany, though I suggest Slovenia as a very nice alternative.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

celery2010 wrote:Even in small towns, germany isn't exactly cheap, like EE or asia. It is cheaper than other EU countries, but i think TX near the border could possibly be cheaper.
Actually, you're wrong. I used to live in the Rio Grande Valley in southern Texas, and it's not cheap. They jack up the prices due to tourism at the border. I used to live in El Paso too. Not much
more expensive, but it's expensive enough were Oklahoma is significantly cheaper than western and southern Texas. They have to import a lot of goods to southern Texas. Did you know that a small bag
of blueberries out-of-season costs $4.30 USD in the RGV??? McAllen has the most expensive cab system in Texas from my experiences. To take a cab down the street, literally costs 10 bucks STARTING. Not even Manhattan
is that bad so I think.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

droid wrote:Whatever you do, you have to settle down somewhere for an extended period Matt. I think you didn't give Mexico enough time, but this move could be great for you.
But don't forget improving on your shape and your social skills, to maximize your results. Did you take any public speaking classes at college? I took a couple of those courses and they helped a lot with loosening up.

Like I said before, I'm glad you skip Colombia, too many single moms and they're also getting rotten fast, and it's more of a 'hardball' game than Mexico.
German girls are nice and polite, at least on the short stints i had there. They will hear you out.
Do you think it's due to the over zealousness of US/Canadian men wanting Anglo-looking in-shape women so much that already they have spoiled these women in Colombia? Do you have proof?
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

I'm heading to Eastern Europe, myself. I don't get the shit that goes on in Germany & it seems WAY too easy to get arrested there (like America, surprise surprise). So much pandering to "migrants" & there's a tendency toward being, well... like the cliches (about schedules & such). Not something that would work out easily for me.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

Just touched down in the U.S. of Gay four hours ago, as always in LPTX. Passport is still valid to travel to Mexico despite the cover has wear and tear. Tomorrow, headed to Tucson Arizona, then to Phoenix, and then to LANM for Thanksgiving.

Anyways, I'll be in America temporarily as always because my dollars go much further in Me-hee-co, especially since the dollar is now at least 20 pesos.

While going through Cd. Juarez by transborde bus, I realized that it's Mexico City that really drains me. Guanajuato had its flaws, but Mexico City was by far the most chaotic place in Mexico that I've been to. Things were done much more inefficiently. And when you tried to hail a cab onthe street, often times the driver doesn't stop to pick you up, even when there aren't any passengers. Go figure.

As far as being an expat in Mexico, I can only see myself expatting in the small to medium sized cities. Guanajuato is very slow paced and cost of living is cheap. I don't think I will ever be going to Mexico City anymore; that place is just too chaotic for me.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

MattHanson1990 wrote:Just touched down in the U.S. of Gay four hours ago, as always in LPTX. Passport is still valid to travel to Mexico despite the cover has wear and tear. Tomorrow, headed to Tucson Arizona, then to Phoenix, and then to LANM for Thanksgiving.

Anyways, I'll be in America temporarily as always because my dollars go much further in Me-hee-co, especially since the dollar is now at least 20 pesos.

While going through Cd. Juarez by transborde bus, I realized that it's Mexico City that really drains me. Guanajuato had its flaws, but Mexico City was by far the most chaotic place in Mexico that I've been to. Things were done much more inefficiently. And when you tried to hail a cab onthe street, often times the driver doesn't stop to pick you up, even when there aren't any passengers. Go figure.

As far as being an expat in Mexico, I can only see myself expatting in the small to medium sized cities. Guanajuato is very slow paced and cost of living is cheap. I don't think I will ever be going to Mexico City anymore; that place is just too chaotic for me.
How much time did you spend w Erwin? Did you learn a lot from him?

It sounds like you are used to more quiet less densely populated areas. That means if you ever come to Asia, you will need to avoid first tier cities, at least in the poorer countries.

If you are interested in Germany, perhaps you could correspond w Eurobrat about Berlin. I think it's supposed to be one of the cheapest large cities to live in W. Europe and it sound diverse with many possibilities.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

Rock wrote:
MattHanson1990 wrote:Just touched down in the U.S. of Gay four hours ago, as always in LPTX. Passport is still valid to travel to Mexico despite the cover has wear and tear. Tomorrow, headed to Tucson Arizona, then to Phoenix, and then to LANM for Thanksgiving.

How much time did you spend w Erwin? Did you learn a lot from him?

It sounds like you are used to more quiet less densely populated areas. That means if you ever come to Asia, you will need to avoid first tier cities, at least in the poorer countries.

If you are interested in Germany, perhaps you could correspond w Eurobrat about Berlin. I think it's supposed to be one of the cheapest large cities to live in W. Europe and it sound diverse with many possibilities.
The longest I spent with Tapatio was a week and a half. And he did teach me things such as eating utensil etiquette being practiced differently in Latin America than in the U.S. He's also guy who I noticed prefers to live in a first world country because he likes efficiency and is more business oriented than I am, despite I have a big passive income. Most of his way of thinking is from the fact that he lived in America most of his life although he's a Mexican national.

But there were a few things I didn't like about him. One, he constantly told me how Winston was a loser who lives in a shack, pays for prostitutes to have sex with him, and calls that success; he even said Winston is a con artist. Another day he told me feminism is good for society. In other words, he's blue pill and a mangina in many ways. And another day he said that the problem is always me and never the environment I'm in.

He gets many things right, but in other ways he doesn't.
Guhji
Freshman Poster

Post by Guhji »

Does Winston really live in a shack? Wow, he really IS a loser.
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

The irony in Tap buying a used mamasan KTV prostitute yet criticizing others who rent one hourly is rather strange. On the other hand it's not surprising he supports feminism. Tap after all was a bastard offspring. His sleazy dad cut and run when he was young resulting in a single mother home. So it's only natural that bastard sleazy predisposed offspring would survive by cheating the natural order with welfare instead of starvation. If I remember correctly he left this forum for a dumb reason. I believe he accidentally deleted his own post and thought it was a conspiracy to silence him. This is why it's better to keep high technology out of the hands of indians, they think everything is hocus pocus.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

Guhji wrote:Does Winston really live in a shack? Wow, he really IS a loser.
I personally thought that Winston grew tired of living in Angeles City and therefore he left the place.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Guhji wrote:Does Winston really live in a shack? Wow, he really IS a loser.
I thought Winston said he was living in a hostel, maybe not. :roll:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

Return to “General Discussions”