Davao and Panabo City area?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
thedude2010
Freshman Poster

Davao and Panabo City area?

Post by thedude2010 »

I will be visiting Davao/Panabo to meet a lady I have been talking to for a while. I was wondering if anyone has experience in this area. I was looking for someone with first hand experience. I know about all the warnings and things I have read them.

This is only my second time traveling abroad I was wondering how you handle visa, temporary visitor visa, tourist visa, w.e. I would like to stay for three or four weeks if I can find a decent internet connection for work, and if things go very well maybe longer.

Back to Davao/Panabo… Anything I MUST see, or do while in the area?
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Western citizens get a free 3 week visa on arrival. What to see? Try Mount Apo and also Samal ( Paradise Island). I recommend you stay at the Galleria Hotel- very nice and quite cheap. If it is still there. For other tourist attractions, just stop by any local travel agent and ask him for a local tour. They usually have pretty good packages. Visas can be extended by any major travel agency and it costs some $70-100. You get an additional 39 days.

Davao is quite safe and clean. But a bit too boring. Very conservative and the people look dour and shy. Many lonely men walking around. I don't like it actually. But if you have a lady lined up, you are ahead of the game.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
thedude2010
Freshman Poster

Post by thedude2010 »

Thanks for the reply! I will definitely check out Mount Apo and Samal while I am in the area. Thanks for the heads up on the hotel, and visa.

Who knows if things don’t work out between us I can always head back to the air port to checkout Cebu, or Manila I guess. I am determined to have a good time, and see some sights no matter what.