The Korean Superboy "Doo Ho Choi"

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Guhji
Freshman Poster

The Korean Superboy "Doo Ho Choi"

Post by Guhji »

Future UFC FW champion. This kid has dynamite in his right hand, and has the Kpop good looks to become a world star. Asian McGregor. First real test will be this Saturday against Cub Swanson. Should be a real treat for fight fans.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

chanta76
Experienced Poster

Re: The Korean Superboy "Doo Ho Choi"

Post by chanta76 »

Is this the next Asian hope? For whatever reason there hasn't been a dominate Asian fighter in MMA. I can see this kid beat Swanson but I don't see him as the next Asian hope.
Guhji
Freshman Poster

Post by Guhji »

This kid's right cross is complementary to McGregor's left cross. He touches people and they are put to sleep. He and Conor are the two most exciting fighters in the UFC. Mark my words, Doo Ho Choi is going to be a world superstar.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

guhji,

You in Korea? Saw the fight. Sorry to say the Korea kid is good but not a superstar. His more of contender but not a champion. I don't know what's wrong with Asian fighters but they fight with their face. ALL OF THEM. I think it's heart thing or to prove their toughness but Asian fighters stand up is woeful. I took boxing and my trainer told me always to move your head after every punch.

The Korean kid should join a USA MMA club or Russian training MMA . They have better training. I lived in South Korea back in mid 2000 and trained in one of those amateur MMA clubs. There are boxing gyms in South Korea and I went to couple of them and did work out there. Compare to a US club like kingway boxing gym here in NYC ..USA has better trainers.

Plus I PM you. appreciate if you can respond.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Also have to add the Korean kid got hit too much. He has decent chin but chin don't last . His 25 years old maybe he can learn more defense . His standup was too stand up. His head was all up and not enough movement. It's mostly his heart..that tough Korean heart you see. Asian fighters are like that. You see that in soccer. I think behind every stereotype there some truth. On the average Asian men are less athletic compared to less say European or African men but make it up with heart. I see that in MMA and in soccer.
Guhji
Freshman Poster

Post by Guhji »

Chanta, you were right about the Choi kid. You're also right that the Korean fighters don't fight so intelligently. I though Choi was different, but obviously he's still got a ways ahead of him. Probably will never be a champion, but put on quite a show nonetheless. I think he has a really bright future ahead of him.

BTW, I sent you a PM. Apologies for the tardy response.