Do you find it really hard being a loner?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Re:

Post by Adama »

Winston wrote: Maybe their own higher selves or guardian angels sabotage their relationships and believe they know whats best or because its not in alignment with their destiny.
There were many girls I was infatuated with and who seemed to want me. Some even said yes or seemed like they would say yes for sure. Then something beyond my control would happen which would send the girl running, and then it either turned her off completely or it revealed that she was a terrible person for me to stay away from.

For the most part, I don't think sexual relations and relationships can happen unless they are allowed to happen, and not by us. I don't even think the people have any choice in the matter. I think it is beyond their control. They just think they are the ones in control. They are not. At least for saints like me. I shouldn't speak for others who are not me, especially those who are not saints. But this is what I know is happening for me.

(I would never accuse any angel of any wrongdoing without proof, however. That's reprobate talk that God hates.)

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Re: Re:

Post by S_Parc »

Winston wrote:
S_Parc wrote: House, why do you always have to play some superiority game to Winston or anyone else? Seriously, are you really, such a special person?

In reality, Winnie was not meant for a meaningful relationship. He's way past that age, 28-38 (with a bit of a zone in that upper bracket), where a man can find a real match, for his personality type.

Once a guy is beyond that range, it's not very likely that a so-called *soul mate*, is in his horizon. Instead of accepting that and then, f*cking hoes, like Bosstone, who's honest with himself, Winnie insists upon lying and believing in the omnipresence of perfect relationships.
Thats not true. People of all ages can find their soulmate. Mark davis is older than me yet he found his soulmate. I found a soulmate last year in china with lisa. But for some unknown reason my soulmate relationships go south or turn 180 even though i went with the flow and did nothing wrong.

Maybe it was just an infatuation. If a woman truly loves you, she will not change her love for trivial reasons or spin things against you.

Some guys are unlucky like that. Or their soul may repel relationships because they are freethinkers and are on a mission of spiritual growth in life and cannot be bogged down by a relationship. Maybe their own higher selves or guardian angels sabotage their relationships and believe they know whats best or because its not in alignment with their destiny. Or there may be a curse or bad karma. Hard to say.

Also intellectual types tend to have the hardest time. See my video above.
First of all Winnie, there's no such thing as a *soulmate*, in reality it's a *personality-mate*. And while that term sounds very unromantic, that's the reality of the situation.

I've almost never seen an older guy ... find a soul, sorry personality-mate. In those situations, it's a type of father-daughter thing, guised by romantic love.

When I'd first joined this forum, some 6 years ago, I'd broken up with a Brazilian and was willing to accept, living a life alone. Since then, Mel and I had rekindled our original association and slowly, evolved into a BF/GF thing, and finally, a husband and wife couple. It took me by surprise but it happened.

I look around me and I don't find that to be common. Most ppl are full of sh.it and more or less, re-enact their dysfunctional behaviors from prior relationships, again and again. The fact that ppl still talk about soulmates, is the greatest joke of 'em all.

And if you'd read my Georgy Clooney thread, tons of women in New England are interested in me, just because Mel and I had settled down.

You can believe what you want but this is what I see ... you are no longer in your late 30s. You don't have the ability to adapt to different ppl and circumstances. If you weren't interested in commitment, during those late 30s, what's to change today? When a guy passes that point, all women become the same ... one p.ussy is no different than the other. Bosstone can tell you that, despite admiring Mel and myself as a couple, since he knows the real thing when he sees it. In place of posting stuff on forums like this, Bosstone is a highly successful computer consultant who pokes hoes and does a lot of great work. You'll never hear of him, lamenting about *lost love* and other nonsense on places like HA. He'd given in a try, a number of years ago and decided to throw in the towel and live his life, on his own terms.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Re: Do you find it really hard being a loner?

Post by Shemp »

Temprano26 wrote:Being a loner throughout life
Temprano26 wrote: When I go places alone people get suspicious of me for no reason other than their preconceived notions that they got from the media. People seem to be engineered to be afraid of strangers. It is sad that a lone man cannot go out and naturally connect with other human beings.
If you're truly a loner, like me, you don't much care what other people think, as long as they leave you alone and allow you to earn a living. Since you are obsessed by what other people think and want to connect with other people, you are clearly NOT a loner.
Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Post by Will N. Dowd »

I enjoy being a loner and introvert, because it has so many advantages. I can do anything, anytime I want without people telling me I shouldn't, or judging me. I love my freedom, no matter where I am.

My very cute young Pinay that has a sweet personality and puts out is always welcome at my place though.
gravity25x
Freshman Poster

Post by gravity25x »

The hardest part about being a loner is when other people ask you about it. They don't understand how you can be perfectly happy being alone so they make you feel weird by their reaction to your statement. Honestly overall it's pretty easy. I enjoy it. I just need a few good friends that I see every now and then and I'm fine. And really I think I'd be fine even without them, but I don't know.
CB8
Freshman Poster

Post by CB8 »

Yes, it's hard to be a loner. Loners often excel at things because, as others have mentioned, we spend time cultivating our skills and interests rather than wasting time prattling on about nothing. However, if you excel at anything, "the crowd" gets spiteful and you become their target. Then the cowards will try to use their numbers to try to intimidate you. Of course, this childish garbage is part of the reason we become loners in the first place.

While it's hard being a loner, it's also great being a loner. It's true freedom, once you get over caring about the followers' opinions. What I see in most groups of "friends" is a bunch of people policing each other and telling each other how to live. I don't need someone who has never done anything remarkable telling me "I can't" or shouldn't do something just because the herd doesn't do it. If you can't be around people who encourage you to be the best you then you're better off being alone.
gravity25x
Freshman Poster

Post by gravity25x »

CB8 wrote: What I see in most groups of "friends" is a bunch of people policing each other and telling each other how to live. I don't need someone who has never done anything remarkable telling me "I can't" or shouldn't do something just because the herd doesn't do it. If you can't be around people who encourage you to be the best you then you're better off being alone.
I agree with the part about policing each other. When I was young in America, it felt like no matter what I did, some American "friend" of mine would always pipe up about why I was wrong/dumb/less than them because of what I did. Of course, naturally they had nothing to say when I had my successes in life. Odd isn't it? Yes, this definitely is a big reason that I am such a loner.. I've started enjoying the company of people in places like Russia and Georgia though, even the ones that aren't trustworthy, or even actually good people, they are good to talk to and won't criticize you for just being yourself. I've learned from my experiences in the former USSR that I can actually enjoy the company of people, in fact I enjoy it very much, but it has to be good people, which apparently 99% of Americans are not. I have no problems finding sociable people to talk to in the former soviet union...

In America you're defined by what you're NOT, (a nerd, loser, weakling, etc etc), as opposed to what you ARE (strong, smart, rich, etc). I don't take credit for the insight, but I can't remember who on this forum said that...