The Main Reason Why I Am Leaving The USA

What's your story? Discussions your reasons for going abroad.
T1985
Freshman Poster

Living abroadop

Post by T1985 »

I am African and have lived in the states for most of my life. I am going to say something that may shock people or others may find offensive. I do, however, believe that it will explain why Americans are the way they are. After much observation and reading, I realized that the US is different from other places is because they lack culture. If we look at the history of the US, most of the people who emigrated here during the building of the country were not the aristocrats or the top of the society. They resented the social class systems that were based on family name and lineage and came here to start a new social order based on social mobility. If many of you have noticed, Americans resent social protocol unlike their European counterparts. That is why I think the Americans lack the ability to socially engage with others. They lack the necessary proper tools to do so and I think lack the social sophistication of their European counterparts.
Truthville
Freshman Poster

I Agree!

Post by Truthville »

Mr. T1985,

You are correct! America and Americans by definition have no "High"culture. Though we have had and still do have the "American" version of the European upper-class "name" familes (Rockefeller, Du Pont, Morgan, Vanderbilt), America is still a relatively new country when compared to France, Italy, UK etc. The history just isn't there.

America and Americans have culture, it's just pretty much low-brow stuff or borrowed "high" culture from other countries. These countries, in turn, seem to be adopting our "low brow" culture. Interesting!

You are also correct when you state that the idea of "social mobility" is the social order. Back in the old countries, peasants couldn't rise above their birth. In America, not only is it possible, it's expected. Money is the great equalizer here, not names or lineage for the most part.

I have to take issue with your last statement about the inability to interact with others. Americans don't really "lack" the necessary tools to do so, they just choose not to. In America, "social sophistication means snobbery. To a people for whom "equality" is one of the foundations of their country, to defer to someone because of some social "pecking" order or title just feels WRONG. Americans are raised to think that ability of the living person is the thing that commands respect, not the actions of one's long dead ancestor.

Here is a blunt way of putting it in my own case. I WOULD NEVER and I mean NEVER bow to any Queen or King in whatever country I happen to be in. Show proper respect? Yes! Show humility? Yes! Be polite? Yes! The most I would do is perhaps nod my head IF I felt pressured. But bow? NEVER!

TruthVille
Think Different
Junior Poster

Re: I Agree!

Post by Think Different »

Truthville wrote:
Here is a blunt way of putting it in my own case. I WOULD NEVER and I mean NEVER bow to any Queen or King in whatever country I happen to be in. Show proper respect? Yes! Show humility? Yes! Be polite? Yes! The most I would do is perhaps nod my head IF I felt pressured. But bow? NEVER!

TruthVille
To bad our President doesn't feel the same way. He bows to every tinpot dictator he meets, including the Saudi king, from where 17 of the 19 terrorists of 9/11 came. Of course he didn't extend the same "courtesy" to Netanyahu; maybe he had a sore back that day.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: I Agree!

Post by ladislav »

Of course he didn't extend the same "courtesy" to Netanyahu; maybe he had a sore back that day.
Netanyahu has no oil money and he takes money from the US. Saudis put money in the US. So, they deserve a bow.
US money goes to Saudi as payment for oil, then it returns back to the US, and some of it goes to Israel. Nice!
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

skeptic wrote:Please, don't tell me that having a job is not as important abroad as it is here. Everyone's got to make a living.
I will tell you that. Having a job and making a living are mutually exclusive. I likely couldn't survive, or at least maintain a lifestyle I am comfortable with without a job in America. Out here, I have been traveling abroad for over 2 years with no job and living very well, sometimes living the high life. It's not perfect, of course, but life is far far better than it ever was in America. And I mean all life. It's not just about dating.

You ask that if the OP thinks there is no routine in Peru. Have you ever considered that maybe the routine in Peru is just more fun than what he had in the US? I've been in countries where people work for a few bucks a day and yet their "routine" includes lots of singing, dancing, time with friends, travel around their own country, beaches, swimming, and numerous fun events, all of which can be had for next to nothing.

You know, I was afraid to step out of my comfort zone for years even though I had read this site and other sites about travel and life abroad. When the writer's strike hit LA, I had little left to lose by trying it. With very little cash in my pocket, nothing like the recommended $10,000 - $40,000 you here for most expats, I jumped on a plane. It's been an amazing adventure ever since.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Travel Dude wrote:
Winston wrote:Can you tell us more about what Peru was like? Was it easy to meet people? How did you meet girls there? What about the culture and the food? Was it full of long sandy beaches and parties?
Is it easy to meet women or I should say nice women in Peru? The answer is yes and no. For some reason, I had more of a difficult time in meeting women in the captial, Lima. When I left the captial and headed for the northern part of the country, everything changed. First, the people were super kind and the ladies were very friendly with me. For me, there were two different countries, the captial and the rest of Peru. As you can see, I prefer the cities in the north and the tropical regions (Chiclayo, Piura and Tarapoto). Also, the cost of living in Piura is about half of the captial but remember Lima is much cheaper than the USA.

The most beautiful white sand beaches I ever saw in my life (I have been to 50+ beaches worldwide) is in northern Peru, specifically the beaches of Punta Sal. Many of the beaches in the very north are QUIET. Punta Sal and Mancora beaches are not built up like the beaches in Mexico or Manta Ecuador. The only problem are the bumpy dirt roads that take you to the beaches. The fact that they do not have large wide highways taking tons of foreigners to the beaches makes them more private.

Peru also has the best food in Latin America second only to Mexico. Dinner at a basic restaurent will cost you around 8 soles ($2.75).
For the record, Trujillo women were sh_t scared of me when I tried to approach them in the street. I felt like I was back in NYC again because they would ignore me when I tried to approach them on the street. That was so friggin weird!

Another thing: the best food in South America is Brazilian, papi. Why do you think Brazilian women are so well put together!?!?! Like Andressa Soares!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgSi6Bdh ... re=related
Peruvian is very good only if it's in the "selva" Tarapoto food is the best Peruvian food. Yurimuayguas too.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

E_Irizarry wrote:
Travel Dude wrote:
Winston wrote:Can you tell us more about what Peru was like? Was it easy to meet people? How did you meet girls there? What about the culture and the food? Was it full of long sandy beaches and parties?
Is it easy to meet women or I should say nice women in Peru? The answer is yes and no. For some reason, I had more of a difficult time in meeting women in the captial, Lima. When I left the captial and headed for the northern part of the country, everything changed. First, the people were super kind and the ladies were very friendly with me. For me, there were two different countries, the captial and the rest of Peru. As you can see, I prefer the cities in the north and the tropical regions (Chiclayo, Piura and Tarapoto). Also, the cost of living in Piura is about half of the captial but remember Lima is much cheaper than the USA.

The most beautiful white sand beaches I ever saw in my life (I have been to 50+ beaches worldwide) is in northern Peru, specifically the beaches of Punta Sal. Many of the beaches in the very north are QUIET. Punta Sal and Mancora beaches are not built up like the beaches in Mexico or Manta Ecuador. The only problem are the bumpy dirt roads that take you to the beaches. The fact that they do not have large wide highways taking tons of foreigners to the beaches makes them more private.

Peru also has the best food in Latin America second only to Mexico. Dinner at a basic restaurent will cost you around 8 soles ($2.75).
For the record, Trujillo women were sh_t scared of me when I tried to approach them in the street. I felt like I was back in NYC again because they would ignore me when I tried to approach them on the street. That was so friggin weird!

Another thing: the best food in South America is Brazilian, papi. Why do you think Brazilian women are so well put together!?!?! Like Andressa Soares!!
Peruvian is very good only if it's in the "selva" Tarapoto food is the best Peruvian food. Yurimuayguas too.
So you like the signature Brasileira body type too? Can you find many such specimens anywhere in Peru and if so, which part?
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Rock wrote:
E_Irizarry wrote:
Travel Dude wrote:

So you like the signature Brasileira body type too? Can you find many such specimens anywhere in Peru and if so, which part?
Like?!?!?! I love the Brasileira signature female body type. LOL!!!! Piura has African-Spaniard influence and in the selva like Tarapoto, the women are thicker than Limeña women. So try Chiclayo, Piura, and the selva (e.g. Tarapoto) for the hottest Peruvian women.

The worst Peruvian women are in Cuzco. They have indigenous flat-ass features. Yucks! Limeña women (from Lima) have a watered-down Americanized flare to them so I'd say "no thank you" to them.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

Travel Dude
Freshman Poster

Post by Travel Dude »

Peruvian is very good only if it's in the "selva" Tarapoto food is the best Peruvian food. Yurimuayguas too.[/quote]

As I have said in past threads, you can find hotter looking women in Brazil or Colombia than in Peru. To find very friendly ladies, you have to travel far to the north of Peru (Trujillo is the first major city north of Lima and is just like Lima when it comes to the women.).

I don't know who you act when you approached women in Trujillo. If you come off as aggressive, the ladies will run away. I never liked the women in Trujillo or Lima. You need to visit Piura or Tarapoto near the jungle. You will have a better time with the ladies.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Travel Dude wrote:For the record, Trujillo women were sh_t scared of me when I tried to approach them in the street. I felt like I was back in NYC again because they would ignore me when I tried to approach them on the street. That was so friggin weird!

As I have said in past threads, you can find hotter looking women in Brazil or Colombia than in Peru. To find very friendly ladies, you have to travel far to the north of Peru (Trujillo is the first major city north of Lima and is just like Lima when it comes to the women.).

I don't know who you act when you approached women in Trujillo. If you come off as aggressive, the ladies will run away. I never liked the women in Trujillo or Lima. You need to visit Piura or Tarapoto near the jungle. You will have a better time with the ladies.
If trying to initiate a basic conversation was considered aggressive in their eyes, then they are on that b.s. that some NYC women are on just as well and that's sad. Trujillo had the trashiest chongos/casas de puta in all of Peru. Very unprofessional and the women were sloppily built. Not even toned para nada. All had beer belly cortisol-induced stressed bellies. Yucks.

I was told in Spanish by one guy that it was because those Trujillo women thought I was an African pimp trying to pimp them. I was like, “Ay cono?? Lo tomabas en serio??�

Besides, my friend, I have been to la selva and ate the best food in all of Peru. Got some "ass" out there too (female ass of course no homo LOL). Los bocaditos are the bomb diggity!

- E. Irizarry (2009)

- E. Irizarry (2012)

GoingAwol
Junior Poster

Re: The Main Reason Why I Am Leaving The USA

Post by GoingAwol »

Skeptic,
You seem to think that there is value in the consensus of the crowd (I.E. a country is better because more people want to live there). Quantity is not the same thing as quality. McDonald's is one of the most popular and common restaurants in the world, but their food is complete shit. it's so bad that I haven't eaten food from there in over a decade, and I don't miss it! Yet, you seem to think the fact that more people want to live in the US instead of Russia says something about the quality of the people in those countries. It doesn't.

By the way, I'm a graduate student and I have studied Russian for five years. I have interacted with a lot of Russians over the past few years, and I can definitely say that I have a much easier time developing friendships with Russian people than I do with American people. Honestly, I have a hard time believing you when you say you can't tell a difference between Americans and people in your home country.
OTB
Freshman Poster

Re: The Main Reason Why I Am Leaving The USA

Post by OTB »

I feel you brother! However, I really enjoy living in CA. There's a lot to do that I enjoy. The weather allows me to be outdoors more often but the BIG problem is....you know! The females!! They are so horrendous they make me want to pack up and leave like right now. Like a buddy of mine said a couple years...you just don't want to be around them. But besides that I do find the US to be boring. Quite bland compared to the rest of the world. I want to meet more women and I can't do that here. I spend a lot of time alone which I'm ok with. However, I feel like I'm forced to spend a lot of time alone because my frequency doesn't vibe with this culture. It be would nice to spend time with a girl and do different things. Enjoy the company of a female. But that's not happening until I get the heck out of here. I've been trying to get out of here for the last 10 years. It's time to leave the US. I just turned 40 and I want to start a new chapter in my life. When in Bangkok back in Nov. of 2019 I didn't want to leave. I felt right at home. This culture is toxic and I want out of here permanently.