Condom use in the Philippines?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
sephardic-male
Freshman Poster

Condom use in the Philippines?

Post by sephardic-male »

Are condoms and birth control legal in this Catholic dominated country?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

sephardic-male
Freshman Poster

Post by sephardic-male »

don't worry i found the answer

Philippines
Some years ago, former Manila mayor Lito Atienza banned the sale of condoms in the city's convenience stores The Philippines, being a dominantly Roman Catholic nation, has its religious leaders taking the same stand that the religion has – against their use (see above). Despite this, condoms are sold in other convenience stores in other parts of the country and that 73% of its citizens use them, and a condom company even has family planning services advertised on local television.[19] The ban on condom sales in the Metro Manila area has since been lifted, and condoms are currently available for over-the-counter purchase in some drug stores in the Manila area.

http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedi ... hilippines
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

You can buy condoms anywhere, however the statistic that 73% of the locals use them is a lie. I don't think many people use them as there are many unwanted pregnancies here and single mothers. They are pretty much optional when having sex with someone here. If the guy doesn't want to wear one he doesn't have to. The woman here do not or cannot say no. I've never been forced to wear one and most guys I know that live here don't use them either. I think guys here just get used to not using them and don't care about the STD's that can result as you can just get over the counter medication without a prescription here so its not like you have to do the walk of shame into the local medical clinic or doctors office like you have to do in a western country.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Condoms are available in most drugstores in the Philippines that I've seen. Even in supermarkets. Birth control pills are available too. The Philippines isn't that strict. But divorce and abortion are illegal.

In my experience, about half the girls in the Philippines ask you to use condoms and the other half doesn't mind if you don't. But even among the half that does, only about half of them are ardent about it. Some of the ones that ask you to use a condom will let you do it without a condom but tell you not to "cum inside" them. But of course, even if you cum inside them anyway, they just accept it. If you can't perform with a condom, sometimes if you offer an extra thousand pesos, she will agree to do it without a condom.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
gmm567
Freshman Poster

Post by gmm567 »

Mr s how often are you picking up stds?
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Well, when I went crazy with sexual liberation from getting away from the states where I got almost no sex, and also Korea where I worked briefly, same scenario, when I arrived in the Philippines I banged every which way and that; often inebriated to the point of not caring about whatever ramifications happened after a tryst with a girl I picked up from the bar or where ever. I got complacent not using condoms as the girls don't care if you use one or not, and of course it feels better. Also a major influencing factor is the over the counter medicines you can buy here. If I caught something I could just self diagnose myself and buy the medicine I needed without seeing a doctor and not having to do the whole "walk of shame" bit.

So that was a few years ago and there was really no regularity. It was more luck of the draw, like russian roulette. Basically my word of advice is that anytime you choose to have sex with a bar girl or a freelancer asking for money, there will be a higher probability that she will have a STD, factoring in the amount of men she has sex with and lack of STD education regarding known symptoms. The girls literally have no clue about STD's and many will not get them fixed if they do have them unless it is really affecting them. Men know when they catch one within a few days usually, woman can go weeks or months without showing major symptoms.

Anyways, considering the amount of girls I have slept with here I would say somewhere between 5-10% had a STD and I caught it. They might actually have had a higher rate, but when I am thinking straight I cleanse myself immediately after having sex with an antiseptic now so I am assuming this eliminates the problem. Almost EVERY TIME I caught something it was because I did not wash my dick after having sex. :!: :!: :oops:

So the lesson learned is buy a small bottle of hydrogen peroxide and after having sex with a chick, cleanse yourself thoroughly with it and for the most part you will be fine. I've also developed skills since living here which enable me to intuitively sense and perceive girls who are sick, so I haven't had any problems in a while.

At the moment I am somewhat celibate for personal reasons, mainly economic and spiritual, so I haven't been rolling the dice as of late.

The tropical heat here seems to make one more susceptible to catching these kinds of things as well, thats why keeping oneself clean is really important if you are going to mess around with whores here.

Also I think ones own personal health plays a role in regards to catching various illnesses. I'm relatively healthy and don't get sick very often so I'm sure that helps.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
gmm567
Freshman Poster

Post by gmm567 »

Ah I see....You can get hepititas B and it isn't curable. There is a vacine for to prevent it, but you're best using condems. The long term consequences are liver damage.

Lonely planet says that 20% of people in SE asia have it. God you wouldn't believe the amount of diseases that are in these 3rd world countries. Lonely planet lists several pages of them.

Did you guys get vacinations for typhus, and all the other shit?
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

I haven't had any vaccinations since being shot with a bunch of air guns while in Navy boot camp, circa 93. I don't know what I got there, but haven't really had any major illnesses. I did catch the TB virus while in the Navy, I think I picked it up when I was messing around with the girls in Thailand while our ship was docked there for R & R. I had to take some kind of medicine to kill the virus for 6 months.

I think anywhere one lives in the world will have some kind of dangers too it. You can't get overly paranoid about it, or you'll never enjoy the other experiences life has to offer outside of typical western countries. But if you're really worried, I suppose you could get whatever shots are recommended before going to that particular 3rd world country.
gmm567
Freshman Poster

Post by gmm567 »

Yeah, TB is common in asia.

I would definitely get some vaccinations before I go. TB has been virtually wiped out in most 1 st world countries.

Diseases are one of the disadvantages of living there, but you can get vaccines here that will deal with whatever problems you may find.

Hey, thanks for the information.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Condom use in the Philippines?

Post by Winston »

I don't understand how guys use condoms. They take away feeling and turn off my hormones. I'd have to be really horny to use them. I was able to use them in Thailand because the girls there have amazing foreplay skills, well some of them do anyway. But in the Philippines very few girls have good foreplay skills, so condoms just make it worse and make it much harder to get hard and stay hard. At least for me. I don't know how guys are able to use them.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re:

Post by publicduende »

Mr S wrote:Well, when I went crazy with sexual liberation from getting away from the states where I got almost no sex, and also Korea where I worked briefly, same scenario, when I arrived in the Philippines I banged every which way and that; often inebriated to the point of not caring about whatever ramifications happened after a tryst with a girl I picked up from the bar or where ever. I got complacent not using condoms as the girls don't care if you use one or not, and of course it feels better. Also a major influencing factor is the over the counter medicines you can buy here. If I caught something I could just self diagnose myself and buy the medicine I needed without seeing a doctor and not having to do the whole "walk of shame" bit.

So that was a few years ago and there was really no regularity. It was more luck of the draw, like russian roulette. Basically my word of advice is that anytime you choose to have sex with a bar girl or a freelancer asking for money, there will be a higher probability that she will have a STD, factoring in the amount of men she has sex with and lack of STD education regarding known symptoms. The girls literally have no clue about STD's and many will not get them fixed if they do have them unless it is really affecting them. Men know when they catch one within a few days usually, woman can go weeks or months without showing major symptoms.

Anyways, considering the amount of girls I have slept with here I would say somewhere between 5-10% had a STD and I caught it. They might actually have had a higher rate, but when I am thinking straight I cleanse myself immediately after having sex with an antiseptic now so I am assuming this eliminates the problem. Almost EVERY TIME I caught something it was because I did not wash my dick after having sex. :!: :!: :oops:

So the lesson learned is buy a small bottle of hydrogen peroxide and after having sex with a chick, cleanse yourself thoroughly with it and for the most part you will be fine. I've also developed skills since living here which enable me to intuitively sense and perceive girls who are sick, so I haven't had any problems in a while.

At the moment I am somewhat celibate for personal reasons, mainly economic and spiritual, so I haven't been rolling the dice as of late.

The tropical heat here seems to make one more susceptible to catching these kinds of things as well, thats why keeping oneself clean is really important if you are going to mess around with whores here.

Also I think ones own personal health plays a role in regards to catching various illnesses. I'm relatively healthy and don't get sick very often so I'm sure that helps.
How many years ago were you in the Philippines? The most common diseases among girls are chlamydia and gonorrhoea, which can be both cured with 2 antibiotics, neither of which can be bought over the counter. One of them (ceftriaxone) is actually a shot and a pretty painful one if doc doesn't have the grace to mix it with lidocaine before injecting.

The real scare nowadays is HSV (herpes), which cannot be cured. I spoke to a urologist friend and she said the number of registered cases are about 5% of the population, but since it's so easy to keep it for years (or forever) without any symptoms, and since everybody seems to be so promiscuous nowadays, the real number of infections is easily 10 times higher...50%! Ykes, that's as high as American or British population

I asked for more details and she told me there's a silver lining. The strand usually found here in the Philippines is a relatively mild one. It usually involves a single outbreak on infection, 90% of cases in women, and then it occurs no more, so far the patient has a healthy immune system. This obviously does not help with spreading the virus, whether unbeknownst to the host or out of a false sense of security.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Unfortunately I'm still in PI and nothing much has changed in regards to obtaining medication, however it' more about location. Mindanao is more strict than Luzon or Visayas regions in relation to purchasing medication without a prescription. I know in CDO it's impossible, you can't even buy aspirin, it's ridiculous. I think it's not as bad in Davao but I learned my lesson when I tried to buy my asthma inhaler and they wouldn't let me even when I showed them my used one. So I always buy what drugs I may need in Manila before going to other cities, however like I said I haven't had any issues in Cebu when I needed something.

Basically, as long as you know the drug name and the dosage you need they will sell it to you at Mercury or Watsons. They probably won't sell hard core pain meds but pretty much anything else they will sell you. I've always self diagnosed myself if I ever got sick and just researched online the proper medication and then just bought it myself. As long as you have a brain and can research there's little reason to have to use a doctor unless it's an actual physical injury that needs repair.

What I did to get rid of gonorrhea was just take azithromycin (Zithromx) 2 500mg pills at once and that clears up the symptoms. I've tried the other anti-bacterial drugs but they either took too long to work or weren't able to kill the strain that's in PI. I don't think I ever got Chlamydia, but if I did the Zithromax would have cleared it up.

Pretty much if you're banging whores in Asia in a regular basis you'll get herpes. It's more a matter of ones own immune system whether it lies dormant or reoccurs periodically.

Condoms will only work so much.... as you will eventually get something if your a regular whore banger, it's just part of the deal if you pursue this form of past time. Condoms break and also sex juices and the like rub on other parts of the skin and pretty much produce the same results as if they were on your wee-wee, I have personally experienced this problem. So strapping on one isn't going to protect you much, unless it's to not get the girl pregnant, but then again it better not break....

When I wrote this reply back in 2009, I was tailing off in this sort of past-time entertainment. I pretty much stopped doing the bar-girl thing around 2010/11 time frame for various reasons. Mainly the girls started changing their attitudes, physical appearance decreased while prices increased, had less time for extra curricular activities as I has to focus more of work and family stuff, realized banging whores and easy women is no different than being addicted to a drug like heroin, it's just a short-term high but no lasting real gratification. My spiritual awareness and sensitivity has increased and there's too much karmic energy exchanged of a negative nature when having just sensation-animalistic sex without some higher engagement with a female partner of a true loving nature. If its just lust and want it's no different then what any animal can reproduce. If one wants to truly be perceived as one with human qualities then one must use sex as a form of elevating their spiritual experience with someone completely compatible with you while exchanging true love, not something that is an act and just bought and paid for to satisfy animal body cravings.

I've moved on from simple sense sexual feelings and experiences. I'd rather remain celibate than sully my being again with others negative energies rubbing off onto me. It's taken a number of years to fully cleanse myself and I still don't think I'm completely off the karmic hook so to speak. We'll just have to see as I move forward with this life.

I have almost zero interest in Filipinas now so that makes my current predicament a bit easier to manage, however father time is continually ticking away...I am aware of this and dealing with it in my own way until the time has come that I can move onto a new chapter in my life. I'm only here cause I prefer my daughter going to school where she isn't indoctrinated and has to deal with excessive bullying and other idiotic students and political correctness crap. Personally though, I've had enough of this country and ready to move on. It's just been getting steadily worse since I've been here. (I''m talking about culture wise not infrastructure changes). Globalism and access to international social media content is currently destroying the previous tolerant Filipino culture and mutating it into some kind of intolerant hybrid monster that despises foreigners (especially Westerners).
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re:

Post by MrMan »

Winston wrote:Condoms are available in most drugstores in the Philippines that I've seen. Even in supermarkets. Birth control pills are available too. The Philippines isn't that strict. But divorce and abortion are illegal.

In my experience, about half the girls in the Philippines ask you to use condoms and the other half doesn't mind if you don't. But even among the half that does, only about half of them are ardent about it. Some of the ones that ask you to use a condom will let you do it without a condom but tell you not to "cum inside" them. But of course, even if you cum inside them anyway, they just accept it. If you can't perform with a condom, sometimes if you offer an extra thousand pesos, she will agree to do it without a condom.
Up until the last couple of lines, it looks like this is a post about fornicating with a woman in the Philippines. But at the end, we find out it's about prostitutes. I suspect prostitutes are not exactly representative of the overall population.

If you go around doing this sort of thing, you may have kids all over the place who don't know who their daddy is. It's really sad for a child to grow up without a father. That's not even touching on the issue of disease. Not all of them can be cured with antibiotics.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

MrMan,

I think guys are selfish just like feminist are selfish. Guys goes overseas to get what they want regardless of consequence. If they by chance get a girl pregnant so what ..I think maybe the same for STD's.

I'm curious to know what if someone gets HIV ..will they still play the field ?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

chanta76 wrote:I think guys are selfish just like feminist are selfish. Guys goes overseas to get what they want regardless of consequence. If they by chance get a girl pregnant so what
Whores have always been considered responsible for their own bastards. These days they have no excuse as they can easily use contraception or get themselves sterilized. Quit blaming men for the irresponsibility of whores.