Ladislav, do Russian women prefer big white men?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Winston wrote: If I am wrong about the majority of what I describe, then explain why. Where's your proof?
Where's your proof that i'm wrong and you're right? Like I said you made your own observations based on your own beliefs and made a generalization based on that. Even Rock is saying that not all Taiwanese men fit into this broad based stereotype.
If most TW guys I see act gay and nerdy, which we all know, and you challenge it, then what is your claim? That most TW guys are not that way?
What if I said that I thought you were gay and nerdy just from first impressions? What would you say about that and how would you react? How do you know these guys are what you say they are without knowing them?
I see what I see. It's not confirmation bias. It's there.
It is definitely confirmation bias when you pull a few examples of people you know to be that way from personal experience and then classify all or most of group _X_ as one way and then disregard the examples of people who don't fit into your categorization.
On what logical basis do you say that I'm wrong? And where is your proof? Where is your proof that most TW are open, sociable, cool, hip, etc?
Try going out in Taiwan more..to cafes, clubs, etc.. there are lots of open, sociable, and hip people.
You saying that someone who tells someone to "f**k off" is nerdy. That's bullshit dude. And you know it. No one ever says that but you. Nerds don't have the guts to do that. Even Hollywood admits that.
One of the traits is also social awkwardness and immaturity. Being generally uncouth can definitely be considered nerdy. Also, I wasn't aware that Hollywood is some ironclad scientific proof of sociological behavior now. :lol:
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Repatriate wrote:
Rock wrote:
3. Another approach: Winston and others, what do you think of this Asian guys approach? I think he's Thai American but he looks like at least part of his ancestry originally came from East Asia. Sure, he's borrowing heavily (copying) from another culture. But perhaps he has a social life of abundance in the States in spite of not being particularly good looking. What do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w87ERgj6RG8

http://www.youtube.com/user/TimothyDeLaGhetto2
:lol:

I grew up with a lot of asian guys who dressed and acted like that. They usually raced expensive import cars and had hot girlfriends. So yeah it does work but you have to entrench yourself in that sort of subculture and it's just not for everyone. For instance imagining Winston walking around with a doo-rag and slinging gangster rhymes would be unspeakably hilarious. :lol:
When Winston was in Russia, he looked like a tame and innocent nice guy. But more recently, he's put on weight and cut his hair short so he appears very different. If he dressed in the right way, learned to chew beetle nut, and perhaps boned-up on 'street Taiwanese', he might fit right in with the local Chiayi taxi drivers and other assorted blue-color types hanging around downtown, lol.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Rock wrote:
Repatriate wrote:
Rock wrote:
3. Another approach: Winston and others, what do you think of this Asian guys approach? I think he's Thai American but he looks like at least part of his ancestry originally came from East Asia. Sure, he's borrowing heavily (copying) from another culture. But perhaps he has a social life of abundance in the States in spite of not being particularly good looking. What do you think?

I grew up with a lot of asian guys who dressed and acted like that. They usually raced expensive import cars and had hot girlfriends. So yeah it does work but you have to entrench yourself in that sort of subculture and it's just not for everyone. For instance imagining Winston walking around with a doo-rag and slinging gangster rhymes would be unspeakably hilarious. :lol:
When Winston was in Russia, he looked like a tame and innocent nice guy. But more recently, he's put on weight and cut his hair short so he appears very different. If he dressed in the right way, learned to chew beetle nut, and perhaps boned-up on 'street Taiwanese', he might fit right in with the local Chiayi taxi drivers and other assorted blue-color types hanging around downtown, lol.
I've seen older Thai men (and Chinese men) who make me feel jealous because of the amount of hot tail they have hanging off their necks. It's not really about money either a lot of the women in these particular societies are attracted to guys who have perceived social status even if they aren't attractive or necessarily rich. For instance there's a Thai cop who lives in my condo..he's not rich or affluent just a blue collar dude but his girlfriend is absolutely smoking hot. I've seen this sort of thing quite a bit in Thailand.

It's something that I don't fully grasp yet but it's the asian version of the elder "bad boy" at play here. I think if Winston understood the nuances of Taiwanese culture he could try to fit into that social circle.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Repatriate wrote:
Rock wrote:
Repatriate wrote:
Rock wrote:

I've seen older Thai men (and Chinese men) who make me feel jealous because of the amount of hot tail they have hanging off their necks. It's not really about money either a lot of the women in these particular societies are attracted to guys who have perceived social status even if they aren't attractive or necessarily rich. For instance there's a Thai cop who lives in my condo..he's not rich or affluent just a blue collar dude but his girlfriend is absolutely smoking hot. I've seen this sort of thing quite a bit in Thailand.

It's something that I don't fully grasp yet but it's the asian version of the elder "bad boy" at play here. I think if Winston understood the nuances of Taiwanese culture he could try to fit into that social circle.
I'm sorry, but that's a big stretch. You're asking a fish to fly here. His mind is very closed about some things. He is not flexible when it comes to East Asia. Japan, Korea, and Taiwan are full of left brain nerds who can't think outta the box. That's the only thinking you will find in Winston's box.

I'm not sure if I envy those types in Taiwan anyway. A lot of them don't seem to do as well as their Thai counterparts, at least with women, as far as I've seen. I see that dynamic occasionally but not so much. I do envy the rich younger guys though, lol.

Also, does anyone realize that Taiwan is in many ways very different than Japan? For example, I've rented apartments in over 15 locations in northern Taiwan. The only kind of discrimination I've ever noticed is sexual (some landlords prefer to rent to females as per their adds). And the deposits requested are usually just 1 month.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Rock wrote: Also, does anyone realize that Taiwan is in many ways very different than Japan? For example, I've rented apartments in over 15 locations in northern Taiwan. The only kind of discrimination I've ever noticed is sexual (some landlords prefer to rent to females as per their adds). And the deposits requested are usually just 1 month.
The only thing Taiwanese landlords care about is that you pay your rent on time and that you aren't a hassle "mah fan" to deal with. The reason they prefer females is for much of the same reasons..women are viewed as less likely to make a mess or break things plus they don't like the thought of it being turned into a party house or brothel.

Japanese landlords view their property as part of the community..ie, they don't want to lose face by renting to foreigners. They are also very anal about cleanliness and perceived foreigner's bad habits. Plus there's plain old hardcore Japanese xenophobia.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Rock wrote: I'm sorry, but that's a big stretch. You're asking a fish to fly here. His mind is very closed about some things. He is not flexible when it comes to East Asia. Japan, Korea, and Taiwan are full of left brain nerds who can't think outta the box. That's the only thinking you will find in Winston's box.
Obviously i've never met Winston before but I suspect that a lot of the alienation he feels in Taiwanese society might not be so much due to his extroverted personality but the types of comments he makes. Being overly critical and making grandiose statements about how much more "open" you are than other people around you is a sure fire way to repulse people especially if it's a different culture. I know ABCs in particular have this rep of being complainers and acting snotty overseas in Asia...and he may just be playing into certain perceptions in a very bad way. It's similar to how some people perceive white western expats.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

To answer to the original question- I really do not know. My years of living in Russia ended in 1978. I can only guess the following- biologically they would prefer tall guys who look kind of like their father. Which means- Russian look. They would also prefer someone who speaks the language. Few would actively seek out foreigners or Asians. However, I am sure that an Asian guy could do well and find a woman there because of a severe lack of men. But he would have to:

1) speak Russian

2)work his way into their society.

3) stay out of Moscow and St Pete.

An Asian tourist who does not speak the language and is sports dating would just gather cute chaff.

I guess Western style racism is making inroads into Russia. It did not use to be that way. Apartment-wise. And the term 'white' was not used at all. A person was either a Russian or not.

Russia traditionally accepted Asians and they intermarried with the Slavs. But they had to integrate. Russia demands assimilation. Now, a swaggering tourist with money may attract admiration because he is an American, Brit,etc, but little real love or friendship.

It is not nice to be liked or disliked just because one is a foreigner.

Having said all of the above, we need to take a long hard look at our reflection in the mirror and then think what woman would be more suitable from the point of view of simple procreational physiology. Do you think a relatively small Asian guy is suitable for a big-boned Slav woman? Be honest. There is a variety of looks and heights among Slavs but if you were a Slavic woman choosing a breeder and a provider, what would be your most natural choice? What about the future of a child culture-wise? What do you think a Slav woman sees when she looks at you from the point of view of securing her future and the self-realization through having a family?

Most women would like someone from either the same tribe, a step up from them so that they would improve their species and make sure offsprings would have a good life or from a stronger tribe. Because Russia has suffered some spectacular upheavals, her women would often marry Chinese, Koreans, etc when the latter were " the stronger tribe". They would not marry native Siberians or Vietnamese. These were the weaker tribe.

Because dating, love and sex are all about one thing- progressive procreation. Making new and better people.

How do we measure up as far as the female desire to find a lifelong partner, baby maker and provider? Because most women in Asia/E. Europe see men as a means to building a secure future by utilizing the power of a man. What can we offer? For example, I am in Mindanao now and local hill tribe girls who are very cute, do no like intermarrying with non tribal Filipinos but would marry a white guy in a heartbeat. No matter how old, ugly, fat, bald, etc. He will make stronger, taller kids and provide better for the family. And they are right, darn it!

We are now living in a different age with international travel, money migrating across borders easily, great intellectual development and sublimation of natural desires to more enlightened ones. But if we followed our basic instincts, we guys would like smaller, sweeter girls with big breasts who are kind a cute and cuddly so that they could take care of the hubby and the kids and make us look and feel macho.

The girls like guys with money precisely so that they could have a well provided family. We want beauty and sex, they want big-ness, material provision for family and strength.

Many will not admit it because it contradicts our spiritual teachings and all the modern theories of equality and all, but how do we suppress our basic criteria which we have had for millions of years?

See what I mean?
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
thekingdom
Freshman Poster

Post by thekingdom »

I haven't really found "getting" Russian women to be an issue.

Last edited by thekingdom on October 10th, 2010, 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Repatriate wrote:
Rock wrote: I'm sorry, but that's a big stretch. You're asking a fish to fly here. His mind is very closed about some things. He is not flexible when it comes to East Asia. Japan, Korea, and Taiwan are full of left brain nerds who can't think outta the box. That's the only thinking you will find in Winston's box.
Obviously i've never met Winston before but I suspect that a lot of the alienation he feels in Taiwanese society might not be so much due to his extroverted personality but the types of comments he makes. Being overly critical and making grandiose statements about how much more "open" you are than other people around you is a sure fire way to repulse people especially if it's a different culture. I know ABCs in particular have this rep of being complainers and acting snotty overseas in Asia...and he may just be playing into certain perceptions in a very bad way. It's similar to how some people perceive white western expats.
That makes no sense. If no one talks to me or engages me in Taiwan, how would they know what type of comments that I make about me being open, etc.? There is no initiation of contact, thus what you say is inapplicable.

That should be common sense. God, you are deluded aren't you?

You sound like those American women who say that you can't get girls because of your bad attitude, when the attitude had nothing to do with it. Steve Hoca talks about this too and how ridiculous it was. Repatriate, you are acting no smarter than them.

If the problem is me, how come I don't have that problem everywhere else? You forget that.

Most people will tell you that I'm very open and sociable. Example:

http://www.couchsurfing.org/people/wwu777
From ESOTERIX
Redmond, United States
Jul 19, 2006 Met in person

Winston - an Engaging personality! Met Winston at a social event, and was won over by his open, friendly nature, and ability to converse on a deeper plane than most. He is a really fun guy to be around - there is never a dull moment with Winston! He is a prolific and articulate writer, and his homepage is a site for sore eyes :)
He is equally comfy talking to someone 1-1 as well as regaling groups of people with his world-wide adventures. Winston is definitely someone I'd love to be friends with, and hope to run into again.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock wrote:
Repatriate wrote:
Rock wrote:

??????

Just because I have a belly doesn't mean that I look like the taxi drivers. Their eyes, expression and aura look different than me totally. They are more primitive, instinctual driven, routine like, non-intellectual, etc. I do not have that look on my face. I am much more conscious and aware.

Your don't have much insight with people. It's not one of your strengths. Insightful people usually say that I look like an artist or journalist. They sense from my face that I am a writer, communicator and thinker. One girl in Russia I met on a train even told me that I must be a writer, just from looking at my facial expressions while I talk.

Amazing how intuitive some are.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I'm not sure if I envy those types in Taiwan anyway. A lot of them don't seem to do as well as their Thai counterparts, at least with women, as far as I've seen. I see that dynamic occasionally but not so much. I do envy the rich younger guys though, lol.

Also, does anyone realize that Taiwan is in many ways very different than Japan? For example, I've rented apartments in over 15 locations in northern Taiwan. The only kind of discrimination I've ever noticed is sexual (some landlords prefer to rent to females as per their adds). And the deposits requested are usually just 1 month.
??????

Illogical. How is me fitting into Taiwan like asking a fish to fly? Taiwan is all about CONTRACTION, FEAR and REPRESSION. All those things CONTRACT a being, not expand it! You got things REVERSED. You are essentially saying that a fish has to contract itself in order to fly. That makes no sense.

I am not closed. How can I be? I smile and say hi to people, but they say nothing back to me. How is that being closed?

Ok let's say I "open my mind" by your standards. What can I do to become popular in Taiwan? How can I get even ONE in 10,000 girls in the streets of Taipei to talk to me and make eye contact and even just "hang out"?

If it was as easy as you say, you could show me or tell me. But you haven't.

How about I start approaching TW people and talking to them and when they get standoffish, I'll start saying "Well I thought you were open and friendly cause Rock said you were?" Then I film it and put in YouTube, to show you that you are wrong? Suppose I did that. What would your reaction be?

Sure I can make polite conversation with people. But if it doesn't lead anywhere, don't blame me.

Anyway, you have no valid basis for saying I'm closed minded. I'm open to anything but you've given me NOTHING. No demo. No advice that works. No evidence of any kind. So how am I not being open? You haven't produced.

How come I have no problem producing all my claims? I even introduced Filipinas to several guys. That's what sets me apart from others, cause I do and demonstrate what I say.

As Billy Joel sang "Honesty is such a lonely word. Everyone is so untrue..."

Do you still deny that TW people do not make eye contact and do not talk to Asian strangers? My dad doesn't deny it, and TW do not deny it, so why do you?

Do you still hold the belief that Taiwanese are just as open and relaxed with strangers as Russians are? If Ladislav heard that he would roll over laughing. Were you actually serious about it??? I can't believe you were serious.

Finally, if the problem is me and I'm such a closed person with a closed mind, how do you explain this?

http://www.couchsurfing.org/people/wwu777

From ESOTERIX
Redmond, United States
Jul 19, 2006 Met in person

Winston - an Engaging personality! Met Winston at a social event, and was won over by his open, friendly nature, and ability to converse on a deeper plane than most. He is a really fun guy to be around - there is never a dull moment with Winston! He is a prolific and articulate writer, and his homepage is a site for sore eyes :)
He is equally comfy talking to someone 1-1 as well as regaling groups of people with his world-wide adventures. Winston is definitely someone I'd love to be friends with, and hope to run into again.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

ladislav wrote: The girls like guys with money precisely so that they could have a well provided family. We want beauty and sex, they want big-ness, material provision for family and strength.
Actually, many Filipinas tell me that they don't like big guys cause big guys squash them during sex. lol

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:
Rock wrote:
Repatriate wrote:
Rock wrote:

??????

Just because I have a belly doesn't mean that I look like the taxi drivers. Their eyes, expression and aura look different than me totally. They are more primitive, instinctual driven, routine like, non-intellectual, etc. I do not have that look on my face. I am much more conscious and aware.

Your don't have much insight with people. It's not one of your strengths. Insightful people usually say that I look like an artist or journalist. They sense from my face that I am a writer, communicator and thinker. One girl in Russia I met on a train even told me that I must be a writer, just from looking at my facial expressions while I talk.

Amazing how intuitive some are.
Don't take it the wrong way or act defensive. I'm just saying that you currently have the right look if you were to cultivate the talk, body language, and mannerisms. Watch Sacha Baron Cohen being interviewed and then compare him to interviews with the 3 fictional characters he has created and acted-out in the past - Ali G, Borat, and Bruno. They really come across as 4 dramatically different people in appearance and personality.

Do you think you insightful with people Winston???
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Repatriate, Rock,

Question: Look at these quotes below about my personality. If I am "open, friendly, communicative, nice, personable, interesting, cheerful, understanding, a good fellow, etc." as these people who have MET ME claim, then WHY would I have trouble meeting Taiwanese people, unless THEY were the ones who were closed and anti-social??????? THINK ABOUT IT...

http://www.couchsurfing.com/people/wwu777

# "Winston is a good fellow. He is a talented writer and knows how to express himself well. I trust him." - Nathan, WA
# "Winston has a lot to share. He is a interesting person to have a conversation with. More you get to know him more he has to offer. Thank you for all your help. It's been my pleasure to spend time with you. I have only a humble bow to give you but it comes straight from heart." - Mikuu, Finland
# "he's a nice and cheerfull guy. you can trust him, it was good to meet him :)" - Dominik, Krakow, Poland
# "We met here, in Lithuania, and he was very friendly, understanding, intelligent...oh i can say just good words about him, not strict..... This person is very reliable." - Samantha, Klaipeda, Lithuania
# "Winston seemed a person having inner intrigue which makes the time spent with him very interesting." - Vita, Kaunas, Lithuania
# "This is a cool cat who likes to travel and is personable. Not a dull moment here." - Dan Kizziah, Yuma, AZ
# "We ate chinese and I drank a lot of beer. Very nice guy with many intelligent things to say. Would have him over again anytime." - Sarah Haley, Durango, Colorado

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock wrote: Don't take it the wrong way or act defensive. I'm just saying that you currently have the right look if you were to cultivate the talk, body language, and mannerisms. Watch Sacha Baron Cohen being interviewed and then compare him to interviews with the 3 fictional characters he has created and acted-out in the past - Ali G, Borat, and Bruno. They really come across as 4 dramatically different people in appearance and personality.

Do you think you insightful with people Winston???
Well I was just saying, I've met thousands of people in my life and you're the only one who thinks I look like a taxi driver.

Am I insightful with people? I would have to say YES. And MANY MANY people agree with that and claim it too. I will swear on the Bible on that. You can see some of their quotes about me being insightful even in my testimonials and quotes pages.

Insight is one of my prime strengths. Every good writer has great insight. Didn't you know?

But just cause I have good insight doesn't mean I'm infallible. I make mistakes and am wrong sometimes. But MOST of the time, my insights are correct.

Btw, one of the things I'm complimented on most is my insight. (not my dick size lol) So yes, it is definitely one of my biggest strengths and best traits.

You seriously haven't noticed???

But of course, usually only others with great insight themselves will recognize this same trait in others. A person with no insight for example, will not recognize or appreciate another person's great insight. Make sense?

Thus the saying, "It takes one to know one" applies.
Last edited by Winston on October 5th, 2010, 6:00 am, edited 2 times in total.