Prague for Asian-American Men?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the European Countries.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Repatriate wrote:
Winston wrote:
thekingdom wrote:The Baltic countries were all GREAT from a female standpoint. I felt like a rock star at times.

On the other hand, I had to put up with skinhead encounters, being attacked for no reason by a Russian guy, and getting stared down on a semi-regular basis by some very angry, jealous local guys. But this is over time. Short-term visitors may be totally oblivious to this underbelly.
First, you do realize that even though some countries have women who are very friendly to Asians socially, it doesn't mean that they will sleep with Asians or be attracted to them, don't you? I mean you realize the difference between social friendliness/openness vs. physical attraction and mating, don't you? They aren't the same thing. I have experienced many of the former without the latter.
Just because you get put into the "friend zone" doesn't mean that applies to all asians. Kingdom said he's tall and decent looking. His experiences are probably different because of this alone.
Are you saying I'm not decent looking? lol. Just cause you think so doesn't mean others agree with you. Many have said that I am good looking, both males and females. What gives your opinion more weight than others? You have no feedback ratings, references, or track record. You are simply an unknown who acts like he knows a lot. I cannot logically give your opinion any more weight than others since you are an unknown.

Can we see photos of you in different settings? Or do you live in fear like a typical Asian and wish to remain anonymous? lol

How come I don't live in fear like you and other conformists who look down on nonconformists? Does that mean I'm braver and stronger than you? lol I could argue that case if I wanted to, but I won't. lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

thekingdom wrote:
You're right of course. Friendliness and spreading their legs for you are two different things. German women were friendlier to me on average. But French girls spread their legs for me far more often.

But I can assure you that these women -- students, professionals, MILFs, and everything in between -- were spreading their legs for me. Many were open to a lot more than that as well. But again, this was over time. I wasn't in these places living out of a hostel & a backpack and just passing through.

I'm saying the longer you stay in one place, the more likely you run into people who hate you and want to instigate something.
But how come many say French girls are stuck up and snobby? How did you meet them? By just casually chatting them up? Are they that flirtatious?

They still like Asian men? The movie "The Lover" was long ago.

When I ask French people if Asians would do well there, they usually say they don't know.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
thekingdom
Freshman Poster

Post by thekingdom »

:lol:

I was younger then and no longer have the energy or patience for such a grand effort. Hence, Eastern Europe.
Last edited by thekingdom on October 10th, 2010, 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston, a guy's success at picking women in a given place is influenced by many factors above and beyond his apparent race or nationality. Not all Asians will have the same experience. When a girl says she doesn't like Chinese or Asian men, she probably has an unflattering mental image of what a typical one looks like. For example, you say Russian women are generally not romantically attracted to men who are smaller and not masculine, probably they way they imagine typical Chinese. But if they saw, for an extreme example, Yi Jianlian of the Washington Wizards, do you think they would complain about him being too small or effeminate? Tony Leung in "Lover" was a pretty decent looking guy in his youth too.

In my gym, there are some pretty macho looking Chinese guys who often work the free weights. One young guy I saw there today was dressed like a basket ball player with a headband, had a masculine face, slim, well muscled, and stood about 185 cm tall. I reckon a guy like that could do pretty well in much of Europe if he was proactive and had some game.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Winston wrote:
Are you saying I'm not decent looking? lol. Just cause you think so doesn't mean others agree with you. Many have said that I am good looking, both males and females. What gives your opinion more weight than others? You have no feedback ratings, references, or track record. You are simply an unknown who acts like he knows a lot. I cannot logically give your opinion any more weight than others since you are an unknown.
Winston I always get a chuckle at your replies because they end up so knee jerk defensive. You always seem to read the worst in everything everyone says if it's even slightly assumed to be critical to you or your viewpoints.
You don't have to give my opinions any "more weight than others" since it is my opinion and this is a forum where people express such anecdotal experiences and observational opinions on a daily basis.

I was just pointing out he appears to be a better than average looking guy and his experiences may differ from others in eastern europe..particularly yours.
Can we see photos of you in different settings? Or do you live in fear like a typical Asian and wish to remain anonymous? lol
Yeah actually you got me there. I don't like having archived historical material on my personal life on the internet. I don't have a facebook account either. I don't "live in fear" otherwise I wouldn't be overseas heh.
How come I don't live in fear like you and other conformists who look down on nonconformists? Does that mean I'm braver and stronger than you? lol I could argue that case if I wanted to, but I won't. lol
Just because people argue your points it doesn't make them conformists and you a non conformist. I think it's been pointed out several times now that your views are actually fairly conformist..right down to your very typical racial stereotypes.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

_swincor wrote:
Winston wrote: Many have said that I am good looking, both males and females.

Most likely, they were just being polite. As a general rule, friends and acquaintances won't say offensive things to your face.
No. There is a difference between someone saying something to be polite and when they really mean it. I can tell. The difference between authenticity and fakeness is obvious.

Some have meant it.

You are only seeing what you want to see. Just cause you think I'm not decent looking doesn't mean others do too. You don't speak for everyone.

Show us your picture. Probably you aren't that great looking. That's why you need to put me down, so you can have that pseudo feeling of putting someone below you on the hierarchy, which is what a bully does.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock,
True, but you forget that you can't believe everything you hear too. Most guys BS. Only a few always tell the truth. You keep forgetting that for some reason. The stories even on this forum, are anecdotal accounts and may or may not be true.

I've caught guys lying a number of times before.

Jeff (aka WorldTraveler) said that I am one of two guys he knows that he trusts to always tell it like it is.

Repatriate,
I do not hold stereotypes. I merely observe people and things accurately and honestly. You are the one obsessed with political correctness.

You have no case so you are throwing my own words back at me. That is a cheap shot and what someone does when they have no valid arguments.

Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Winston wrote: You are only seeing what you want to see. Just cause you think I'm not decent looking doesn't mean others do too. You don't speak for everyone.
What if someone said that generally speaking you're not really good looking. How would you interpret such a comment?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Thekingdom,
Why did you choose that screen name? It sounds like something Christian or Medieval. lol

I have an idea.

Maybe if I ever run into skinheads in Europe again, I can show them a copy of this list of quotes about me being different from the rest?

http://www.happierabroad.com/FreethinkingAsian.pdf

I have met people who hate Chinese but like me cause they thought I was far more interesting and different from the others, who are nothing like me.

Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Winston wrote:
Maybe if I ever run into skinheads in Europe again, I can show them a copy of this list of quotes about me being different from the rest?

I have met people who hate Chinese but like me cause they thought I was far more interesting and different from the others, who are nothing like me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwAnEj2Y ... re=related

How about the guys in the last 3 minutes of that Russian skinhead video. Would you go up to them with your quotes Winston? Also, i'm curious what scenario do you imagine would occur once you handed over your quotes?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Repatriate wrote:
Winston wrote: You are only seeing what you want to see. Just cause you think I'm not decent looking doesn't mean others do too. You don't speak for everyone.
What if someone said that generally speaking you're not really good looking. How would you interpret such a comment?
I would interpret it as his/her opinion. And that's that. Everyone has a right to their opinion.

So what's your point?

Dr. Wayne Dyer said in his lectures that other people's opinions don't matter and that you shouldn't worry about them cause you can't control them, and plus other people's opinions do NOT define you. All you are obligated to is to be true to yourself. He is far wiser than you in that sense.

Btw, keep in mind that half of people, esp women, do not look like their photos. Photos distort a lot of people, even hot women look different in photos. Many have said that I look better in real life than in photos.

But I'm not lying when I tell you that many girls have said that I'm good looking, and some were serious about it.

I don't know why you have a problem with that Repatriate. You seem to have a dysfunctional need to bring me down, perhaps due to your "bully syndrome" which makes you feel better by bringing others down. It's a morbid thing.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Repatriate wrote:
Winston wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwAnEj2Y ... re=related

How about the guys in the last 3 minutes of that Russian skinhead video. Would you go up to them with your quotes Winston? Also, i'm curious what scenario do you imagine would occur once you handed over your quotes?
No I would not go up to them. I'd avoid them if I could.

What would occur? I don't know. Either they'd be impressed or they would laugh and be amused. Or they'd just rip it up and not be able to comprehend it. Who knows. Anything can happen. But I would not take any unnecessary risks. It's better than challenging them to a fight, esp if they outnumber me.

It's unlikely that they would be impressed though, cause they are not intellectual, philosophical or spiritual people, and so would not appreciate that. Only someone similar to me appreciates what I do.

Why don't you post my list of quotes in an Aryan forum and see what happens, if you're curious?

Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Winston wrote: I would interpret it as his/her opinion. And that's that. Everyone has a right to their opinion.

So what's your point?
So when you talk about how Chinese or other people "generally" are and hold it as incontrovertible fact aren't you actually just making an opinion and thus the views could be subject to different interpretation and experiences and also your own errors in judgment?
But I'm not lying when I tell you that many girls have said that I'm good looking, and some were serious about it.
I don't think anyone is arguing that you have been told this before but unless you are psychic it could be just general flattery.
I don't know why you have a problem with that Repatriate. You seem to have a dysfunctional need to bring me down, perhaps due to your "bully syndrome" which makes you feel better by bringing others down. It's a morbid thing.
I'm not a bully.. i'm just trying to get a grasp of your world view here.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Winston wrote: It's unlikely that they would be impressed though, cause they are not intellectual, philosophical or spiritual people, and so would not appreciate that. Only someone similar to me appreciates what I do.
Do YOU think you would find a set of skinheads on a street somewhere that would actually be fairly philosophical and peruse your quotes and engage in a question and answer session to see what you're about? How would you identify enlightened skinheads versus the potentially dangerous skinheads (like in the video) ? What methods would you use.
Why don't you post my list of quotes in an Aryan forum and see what happens, if you're curious?
I don't visit white power forums.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Prague for Asian-American Men?

Post by Adama »

thekingdom wrote:I've read a lot of reports about the environment in Prague -- specifically, that due to the large numbers of Vietnamese migrants/factory workers/shopkeepers, Asians invoke a negative image in general in the minds of the local Czechs.

Additionally, I've come across random Internet postings from Asian-American tourists/residents who have confirmed that they were treated "badly" by local Czechs, including stares, glares, insults, and bad service (beyond that which a white foreigner would receive).

I was wondering what Prague is actually like to live in?

I'm more interested in the first impression that someone like myself, a tall, Asian-American male in his 30s; who dresses fashionably; has a professional job; and practices mixed martial arts; would have on Czech/Slovakian women residing in Prague. Apathy? Neutral? Active disinterest? Curiousity? Active interest?

I also realize that the MAJORITY of Czech women are going to be happy with Czech men and not interested in a relationship with a foreign man, especially one of a different "color". But I'm curious how prevalent the "minority" of interested women in Prague might be towards a reasonably attractive, Westernized, financially stable, Asian-American man.

Any thoughts or observations would be appreciated.

I should just add as a note that I have traveled extensively throughout Europe and know for a FACT that certain countries are GREAT for Asian men while others are NOT GREAT. Just trying to figure out where Prague fits into the equation.

Thanks.
Did you ever state which countries the people were mean to you in? I'm scanning and I missed it.