Do Nonconformist Asians have it the hardest?

For Asian Americans to discuss Asian American issues and topics.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Do Nonconformist Asians have it the hardest?

Post by Winston »

momopi wrote:
Winston wrote: Plus most cultures will not consider you attractive or treat you good, unless you are an Asian female, so you will be among the lowest in terms of desirability in looks. Being an Asian female vs. male makes all the difference in how you are treated.
Sucks huh?
Non-conformist Asian women can simply choose to marry non-Asian husbands. See Chinese author "San Mao" for example:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanmao_(author)
http://capiconf.uvic.ca/viewabstract.php?id=98&cf=3

"San Mao’s travel accounts of foreign cultures and life experiences gathered through her living and studying abroad provided post-Mao China with a taste of multiculturalism, and suggested the possibility of not only an expanded consciousness of the world, but a transformation of the way people think about the world and the possibility of being part of it." -- Hongwei Lu
That's usually what they do. The more open minded/Western minded Asian women tend to go for White guys, while the closed homogenous Asian women go for their own kind. That leaves ABC's unwanted by either group, unless they have Chinese souls and character and act Chinese, which some ABC's do (e.g. pro tennis player Michael Chang, who says he is Chinese deep down and not American).
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Winston wrote:That leaves ABC's unwanted by either group, unless they have Chinese souls and character and act Chinese..
Heh from my experiences this is definitely not the case.

:lol: :wink:

It takes a knowledge of social skills adaptable to the place you're in but it doesn't mean you have to act Taiwanese either. Understanding Chinese and being just foreign enough to intrigue women and yet good enough to take home to parents is a huge advantage.
Last edited by Repatriate on October 5th, 2010, 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I got an idea.

I've put together a list of quotes about me being the most freethinking/unique Asian people have ever met, which includes quotes from Ladislav, Larry Elterman, Steve Hoca, and others. I plan to print out copies of it to carry around. Then when other Asians approach me and act like I am a conformist/follower like them simply cause I'm Asian, I can show them a copy of this list of quotes.

I've created a PDF of the list here, printable into a single page.

http://www.happierabroad.com/FreethinkingAsian.pdf

I can also show this list to skinheads in Europe who want to attack me, or to train conductors who try to scam me (like one did in Poland) cause they assume that I'm a submissive Japanese tourist who yields and is afraid of conflict, to try to show them that I'm different from the rest and an intellectual.

Would that gain their respect do you think? lol

How would a racist skinhead react to this list I wonder? What would they make about the quotes about me being a "white man trapped in an asian body" I wonder? lol I'm curious.

Maybe I should post the list on Neo Nazi forums and see what they say? lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Winston wrote: Then when other Asians approach me and act like I am a conformist/follower like them simply cause I'm Asian, I can show them a copy of this list of quotes.

Great idea Winston i'm sure the girls will be wetting their panties over this technique.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Repatriate wrote:
Winston wrote:That leaves ABC's unwanted by either group, unless they have Chinese souls and character and act Chinese..
Heh from my experiences this is definitely not the case.

:lol: :wink:

It takes a knowledge of social skills adaptable to the place you're in but it doesn't mean you have to act Taiwanese either. Understanding Chinese and being just foreign enough to intrigue women and yet good enough to take home to parents is a huge advantage.
Knowledge isn't enough. I can read a book about Chinese social skills (which is an oxymoron because there aren't really any social skills there, not in the American definition of the word, just polite etiquette, in fact, Chinese women usually have no social skills at all, they just bond in cliques) but that won't matter. If you are not compatible VIBRATIONALLY with them, you won't connect, not in the long run.

I had some Chinese friends in college. They can be nice. But if you aren't at their vibration, you aren't going to share any kindred spirit with them, definitely not mentally.

Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Winston wrote: How would a racist skinhead react to this list I wonder? What would they make about the quotes about me being a "white man trapped in an asian body" I wonder? lol I'm curious.
Handing a random street thug your internet manifesto/magna carta probably wouldn't end well.
Maybe I should post the list on Neo Nazi forums and see what they say? lol
:?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Repatriate wrote:
Winston wrote: Then when other Asians approach me and act like I am a conformist/follower like them simply cause I'm Asian, I can show them a copy of this list of quotes.

Great idea Winston i'm sure the girls will be wetting their panties over this technique.
Maybe not. But Chinese guys might admire me for it. Or might not. Who knows. But the Europeans may find it fascinating.

Like minds appreciate others like themselves.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Repatriate wrote:
Winston wrote:
So you admit then that Chinese are a basically closed people, in culture, personality, etc.?
...but this isn't the 19th century Winston and i'm pointing out that their observations are accurate for that time period especially since Chinese in general were going through a serious cultural malaise.
I thought you tried to argue that most Chinese youngsters were open, sociable and hip and easy to meet, like in Latin America/Russia?
I never argued most Chinese youngsters were open or anything like Latin America/Russia as those are different regions of the world. I said that Chinese (esp. Taiwanese) don't fit into your narrow perceptions and are much more diversified in personality and activities than you seem to believe. Just because I argue against your absolute definition doesn't mean I believe in another absolute. I think people exist in gray areas culturally/socially and frequently change according to the ebb and flow of their own whims.
Or were you playing devil's advocate when you insinuated that?
I think you're putting up straw men.
Even if that's so, the bottom line is that they are CLOSED in general.

That's a fact. It's not an absolute, it's merely an overwhelming truth that Chinese themselves admit to.

What is the basis of your denial? Why do you not acknowledge such a basic fact?

You admitted in the other thread by ryanx that the Chinese are very homogenous, so you did admit that they are closed in another sense.

I mean face it, oriental Chinese do not walk up to you and talk casually and in a relaxed manner without inhibition, definitely not women. You know that. We all know that. So why do you have a psychological block against admitting it?

Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Winston wrote:
Repatriate wrote:

Maybe not. But Chinese guys might admire me for it. Or might not. Who knows. But the Europeans may find it fascinating.

Believe me if someone like you came up to me and handed me a sheaf of papers with a solemn look on their face I would be greatly entertained by it.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Repatriate wrote:
Winston wrote:
Repatriate wrote:

Believe me if someone like you came up to me and handed me a sheaf of papers with a solemn look on their face I would be greatly entertained by it.
Huh? You? What do you mean? We weren't talking about you.

Why would I have a solemn look on my face? I don't have that look. Ladislav can tell you that.

If I hand that out, I would give a brief explanation of it first. I wouldn't hand it out quietly.

I already hand out my website pamphlet to people I meet. I've handed out many copies.
http://www.happierabroad.com/Pamphlet.pdf

The point is, if skinheads hate Asians and stereotype them all, they MIGHT be amused if they found out that I was truly unique and one of a kind and that many said so too. After all, if they do, they cannot lump me into the same group with all other Asians.

I had a Greek friend in college who hated Chinese and said that they were like dirty mice. He even hated Chinese food. But he hung out with me cause he said I was different from the rest and an intellectual with a lot of freethought. His name was Dimitri Pistikos. (Hope he googles his name and finds this post. lol)

So you see, people who hate Chinese people have liked me before when they found out I was different.

Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Winston wrote: Even if that's so, the bottom line is that they are CLOSED in general.
Define closed. Here i'll go ahead and dispel a few illusions..can closed minds make films like this?
http://www.criticker.com/film/Devils_on_the_Doorstep

http://www.criticker.com/film/In_the_Mood_for_Love/

or how about..

http://www.criticker.com/film/Happy_Together

Those are relatively mainstream I can name even more abstract examples of film, music, or even tv that sort of break your perceptions of what "Chinese" people typically are.
That's a fact. It's not an absolute, it's merely an overwhelming truth that Chinese themselves admit to.
Are the Chinese a hivemind? If so where can I tap into this subconscious since I am also ethnically Chinese. I wish I could be privy to stuff like this. Maybe there's a newsletter..
What is the basis of your denial? Why do you not acknowledge such a basic fact?
It's no more a fact than me saying that all Japanese are polite or all Americans are fat. It's a broad categorization that doesn't take into account any variations even though you claim you're some kind of aberration..a unique snowflake if you will. Somehow you're the exception am I right? That's just extreme egotism speaking.
You admitted in the other thread by ryanx that the Chinese are very homogenous, so you did admit that they are closed in another sense.
Homogenous only in the modern definition. Han Chinese identity is relatively new (past 200 years or so) and consists of all sorts of language distinctions and cultural variations. It's like saying Americans are all alike..when within America there's minorities, religious differences, sub groups, blended natives, etc..
I mean face it, oriental Chinese do not walk up to you and talk casually and in a relaxed manner without inhibition, definitely not women.
Now you're making me feel like Don Juan because such a thing has happened to me before. I guess i'm a unique snowflake!
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Winston wrote: The point is, if skinheads hate Asians and stereotype them all, they MIGHT be amused if they found out that I was truly unique and one of a kind and that many said so too. After all, if they do, they cannot lump me into the same group with all other Asians.
I think they'll be amused alright but not for the reasons you think.
I had a Greek friend in college who hated Chinese and said that they were like dirty mice. He even hated Chinese food. But he hung out with me cause he said I was different from the rest and an intellectual with a lot of freethought. His name was Dimitri Pistikos. (Hope he googles his name and finds this post. lol)
Winston you realize the whole concept of "you're one of the good ones" is not actually a compliment but a backhanded insult of sorts? It's generalizing your race/ethnicity and then giving you a backhanded compliment. Southerners used to say the same thing to blacks all the time in the antebellum south when they qualified themselves with the master's standards of approval.. ie. "You're a good house nigger not like the field niggers"
So you see, people who hate Chinese people have liked me before when they found out I was different.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Repatriate wrote:
Winston wrote: Even if that's so, the bottom line is that they are CLOSED in general.
Define closed. Here i'll go ahead and dispel a few illusions..can closed minds make films like this?
http://www.criticker.com/film/Devils_on_the_Doorstep

http://www.criticker.com/film/In_the_Mood_for_Love/

or how about..

http://www.criticker.com/film/Happy_Together

Those are relatively mainstream I can name even more abstract examples of film, music, or even tv that sort of break your perceptions of what "Chinese" people typically are.
My God. Are you dumb? We are talking about the MAINSTREAM MAJORITY, not one film director. I'm surprised you didn't bring up Ang Lee.

You are acting like a politically correct automaton. You are basically saying that one exception debunks a general rule. It does not. Where is your mind?

Are the Chinese a hivemind? If so where can I tap into this subconscious since I am also ethnically Chinese. I wish I could be privy to stuff like this. Maybe there's a newsletter..
Yes. They admit to it. Families tell me that they all think alike and agree. My uncle's family said that to me literally. They also said to me "You are one of us" indicating that I am part of their hive mind too.

Do you deny that 99 percent of Chinese are followers? If you do, then you've lost it and I can't help you anymore.

You are denying the obvious again and thus wasting my time since you are playing games and not having a serious discussion.
It's no more a fact than me saying that all Japanese are polite or all Americans are fat. It's a broad categorization that doesn't take into account any variations even though you claim you're some kind of aberration..a unique snowflake if you will. Somehow you're the exception am I right? That's just extreme egotism speaking.
Are you deaf? I didn't say all, I said IN GENERAL. Look above at my post again. My God. Why are you so dumb?!
Homogenous only in the modern definition. Han Chinese identity is relatively new (past 200 years or so) and consists of all sorts of language distinctions and cultural variations. It's like saying Americans are all alike..when within America there's minorities, religious differences, sub groups, blended natives, etc..
They are alike in that they are followers and conformists. At least 99.99 percent are. Minimum. Doesn't mean they all have the same DNA and fingerprints. My God. Why don't you get the difference? Are you being dense? If so, you're wasting my time with this devil's advocate shit.
I mean face it, oriental Chinese do not walk up to you and talk casually and in a relaxed manner without inhibition, definitely not women.
Now you're making me feel like Don Juan because such a thing has happened to me before. I guess i'm a unique snowflake!
Yeah right. BS deniar. I'll bet money against it. You have no proof and no track record of integrity and accuracy. You deny obvious things too. Not a good sign.

It doesn't matter who you are. We are talking IN GENERAL. Do you understand what that means? Sheesh. Arguing with you is lowering myself. You don't acknowledge basic words and definitions and argue with straw mans and misportray what I say. That's annoying and I've exposed it. You are being in a sense dishonest when you do that. This means you are either dumb or deceitful. One of them is true about you.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Repatriate wrote:
Winston wrote: The point is, if skinheads hate Asians and stereotype them all, they MIGHT be amused if they found out that I was truly unique and one of a kind and that many said so too. After all, if they do, they cannot lump me into the same group with all other Asians.
I think they'll be amused alright but not for the reasons you think.
Winston you realize the whole concept of "you're one of the good ones" is not actually a compliment but a backhanded insult of sorts? It's generalizing your race/ethnicity and then giving you a backhanded compliment. Southerners used to say the same thing to blacks all the time in the antebellum south when they qualified themselves with the master's standards of approval.. ie. "You're a good house nigger not like the field niggers"
I don't get your point. You are twisting things again here. How is that an insult? It may be an insult to Chinese people but not to me personally. I told you what he said. He didn't like Chinese people but he liked me cause I was different. Now how does that become an "insult"? You aren't making sense.

He said what he said. Why are YOU twisting it into an insult? For what logical reason? How come you are not logical?

He didn't say I was one of the good ones. He said I was different and unique. How do black slaves acting good by the white masters standards compare to this? That is a nonsensical comparison.

God you can't even hold a rational intelligent conversation.

You act like a NY street kid who BSes and acts arrogant without a valid reason. Really messed up and dysfunctional.

I can say that Chinese women are wild and expressive too. Does that make it true?

Anyone who denies obvious things like 2+2=4 is not worth my time.

Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Winston wrote: My God. Are you dumb? We are talking about the MAINSTREAM MAJORITY, not one film director. I'm surprised you didn't bring up Ang Lee.
Winston you disappoint me I thought we could keep this insult free. :(

Define mainstream do you have personally have your finger on the pulse of 1.3+ billion people

Btw those films are kind of mainstream..released by a major studio and viewed by millions internationally tet pretty contrary to the universal attributes which you assign to all Chinese.
You are acting like a politically correct automaton. You are basically saying that one exception debunks a general rule. It does not. Where is your mind?
That's not one exception nor is it one director. You're the one drawing absolutes here i'm just giving you examples (mainstream ones at that) where culture and people are generally not what they seem.
Yes. They admit to it. Families tell me that they all think alike and agree. My uncle's family said that to me literally. They also said to me "You are one of us" indicating that I am part of their hive mind too.
Families aren't going to air their dirty laundry out to you Winston either way.

..wait so you actually believe there's a hive mind?
Do you deny that 99 percent of Chinese are followers? If you do, then you've lost it and I can't help you anymore.
Yes, I do deny that.
You are denying the obvious again and thus wasting my time since you are playing games and not having a serious discussion.
I see a pattern here. You make a few suppositions and categorical generalizations calling them fact. Someone disagrees and calls you out on it. You get upset and start name calling. You leave.
Are you deaf? I didn't say all, I said IN GENERAL. Look above at my post again. My God. Why are you so dumb?!
Golly! :lol:When you magically qualify your broad statements with "general" it doesn't suddenly make it true. People are a bit more complex than that but I guess we're just all automatons except for you..of course.
They are alike in that they are followers and conformists. At least 99.99 percent are. Minimum. Doesn't mean they all have the same DNA and fingerprints. My God. Why don't you get the difference? Are you being dense? If so, you're wasting my time with this devil's advocate shit.
99.99%! How can I argue against such air tight assertions like this.
Yeah right. BS deniar. I'll bet money against it. You have no proof and no track record of integrity and accuracy. You deny obvious things too. Not a good sign.
You know I have a certain degree of pity for you Winston because I think you really do believe these things and you find it hard to believe that Chinese people can and do interact like normal human beings. You have completely shut yourself off from thinking otherwise. Just because you personally have a poor track record with Chinese women doesn't mean everyone else does. For f**k's sake Winston how did Chinese get up to 1.3 billion people anyways?
It doesn't matter who you are. We are talking IN GENERAL. Do you understand what that means? Sheesh. Arguing with you is lowering myself. You don't acknowledge basic words and definitions and argue with straw mans and misportray what I say. That's annoying and I've exposed it. You are being in a sense dishonest when you do that. This means you are either dumb or deceitful. One of them is true about you.

I'm actually not being dishonest at all. Your perceptions are actually as closed as they come. You refuse to view anyone else outside your narrow boundary as being capable of anything except what you define them as. You're a closed feedback loop. You take in information, process it according to your logic around and around. When someone disrupts that little logic loop you throw a fit because you've built up this egotistical realm inside your head where you're the most enlightened person around.