Taiwan is Boring, Repressed, Loveless, etc.

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Repatriate wrote:
Winston wrote:
I've put up 7 videos so far and a huge photo collage and 9 photojournals that prove all my claims. You haven't proven shit! My God. How can you f***ing say that? God you are a f***ing idiot. I SWEAR!
Ah yes the legendary photo collage the ones where you go into the go gos in the Phillipines and snap off dozens of shots..or the ones in Russia where you pulled girls off to the side and took pics with them? So what. I'm familiar with your backstory about those trips and what happened in Russia at least. You got bounced around and scammed from one slapper to the next. That's not impressive Winston that's just kind of sad.

I'm talking about meeting normal girls, having a regular social life, and getting them in the sack. Not entertaining scam princesses and getting involved in marriage agencies.
You said that I've proven nothing. But the fact is, I've proven that foreign women are more approachable and that the dating scene is better in many overseas countries. My fans agree. I have the material to prove it. And it has inspired many people the last few years.

So your statement that I have proven nothing is wrong. Kindly correct it.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Repatriate,
If TW is so great, why aren't you living here with a hot girl or wife or enjoying the "dating paradise" here? lol

What's your excuse? lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Winston wrote: You said that I've proven nothing. But the fact is, I've proven that foreign women are more approachable and that the dating scene is better in many overseas countries. My fans agree. I have the material to prove it. And it has inspired many people the last few years.

So your statement that I have proven nothing is wrong. Kindly correct it.
You have a photo collage with some random women on the street side. Congratulations. I don't think anyone had any real doubts about women being more approachable elsewhere to begin with. I think people are just attracted to eccentricity and interesting travel misadventures. If there is one thing I will give you credit for Winston is that your posts and stories of your experiences are frequently entertaining. Entertaining enough to attract an orbit of mild attention but I think you frequently overrate your own worldly experience.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote: Rock, when you say that "Taiwan is a dating paradise for the right people" that is vague and cryptic. That's like saying that "Amway is a good business opportunity for some people." It doesn't define whether it's a good opportunity in general or not (and by all honest accounts, it is NOT). Just because some people get rich in Amway does not make it a good business opportunity in general for most people. I still have not seen any proof that Taiwan is an "open friendly easy to meet girls type of culture" in GENERAL other than in words.

If something is real, it can be demonstrated without excuses. Otherwise, red flag.

As Billy Joel said, "Honesty is such a lonely word. Everyone is so untrue..."
Dude, please, give me more credit than that. If you go through my many posts on this topic, you will see I've provided numerous examples or case studies (over 10) of actual guys I have know and their dating experience in Taiwan. These are real people, not figments of my imagination. Now I am even prepared to show you photos from one of those guys. How much truer can I get? Do you wanna shadow a white playboy for an extended period?

So from the dozens to hundreds of guys I've observed over the years, some have bombed, some have done OK, and some have done phenomenally. Many ended up marrying locals too. To a partial extent, I can attribute the different results to aggressiveness, looks, personality, or language skills. But many times, I was still surprised. So I can't spell it out 100%. But I have stated before (not at all cryptically) that the guys who might get the largest handicap here are probably well below 40, regular looking or somewhat better (height, face, and body type), and white or maybe black. As for ABCs, I have too few direct observational data points to comment from my own experience. But from what I'm told, ABCs who fall within a certain spec ranges or types can do very well too. You seem to have a short memory about posts here. When you evaluate a poster and what he or she says, please do so in the full context of all posts. Don't just cherry pick or take things out of full context.

Finally, please don't obsess over the words to a Billy Joel song or project your subjective feelings and experiences or even those of others who agree with you onto the bigger picture. Your experience, their experiences, and my experience is just a small fragment. Your friend who says the rest of us are full of shit is just voicing one more opinion.

In my case, I have absolutely no incentive to convince you. I am not trying to sell you something or scam you. I am just sharing my experience with, showing you Taiwan from my eyes, experiences, etc. Participating in this forum is just a quasi social experience and means to exchange views, compare notes, and learn from others who have interest or experience living outside their home country.

And remember, in Taiwan I have done business, managed a small firm, worked at both local companies with Chinese language environment and foreign companies, met and dealt with thousands of people from various backgrounds including the very top, visited high end KTV clubs, spent a lot of time enjoying the local and foreign style clubs and night life, been to weddings, funerals, and lots of birthday parties, dated and had several serious girlfriends, payed lots of local tax, driven all over with my own car, biked, motorcycled, camped, seen fights, invested in local equity and bond markets, rented over 10 apartments, condos, or houses, had medical operations and general anesthesia, experienced deadly earthquakes, etc. I've lived here and seen lots of life from various angels as a completely independent foreign person - no family, relatives, or sponsoring institution. In other words, I have a large data sample of observations to draw conclusions from the point of view of a laowai.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:
Rock wrote:
Winston wrote: Perhaps Taiwan is a very closed place for some, maybe even most, but not all, at least as far as casual dating goes. I can promise you that. My former French tenant and his foreign classmate buddies from Zhen Da either pulled scores of young attractive girls during there semester here or settled with a local girlfriend. Some did both. I have a lot of photos from him which I can show you when we meet. What did these guys have in common? They were young, average to very good looking, and white (or in 1 case black).

When I interviewed my tenant, a very laid back and soft spoken type (not at all a braggart), he claimed that of all the countries he's stayed for extended periods (France, UK, US, Brazil, Thailand, Hong Kong, Taiwan and a couple others I think) Taiwan was by far the easiest place for him to pull girls in. Whenever he put the cologne on, I knew that he was going out to the clubs and that many hours later, he would be bringing someone back. He usually did.

Many of the local girls at his uni were keen on dating him or the other exchange students too. I personally saw this play out.

According to him, girls in France (Marseilles and esp. Paris) are very complicated, and in his case, often played games over weeks that lead to nothing more than cock-teasing. He ended up with one girl friend for a few years and never got to date much outside of that relationship.

Even Brazil was a lot tougher for him, especially Rio. With his brother's help for translation (his bro is a corporate sponsored Rio expat), he only managed to score in the north part of the country. In Rio, he got nothing more than Salsa dancing in Lapa.

So, looks, age, height, race, etc. probably do affect a guy's experience in Taipei to some extent. If not, how do you explain the huge differences in experiences here by different guys?
But I'm not talking about FOR some people. I'm talking about CLOSED CULTURALLY SPEAKING IN GENERAL. Even if you were invisible, not handsome or ugly, you can still notice a lot of things about people just from watching them over time. And some things will be obvious, such as how approachable people are, while others not obvious yet.

In person you can pick up a lot of vibes easily too.

I have no explanation for your examples. All I know is what I see. And you were wrong that I am basing my observations off stereotypes. I base my observations on DIRECT EXPERIENCE and insight, not stereotypes.

I am surprised you don't know me better than that.

Thus, when we meet and you show me how open TW youngsters are, I will observe and draw OBJECTIVE observations.

That's all I can do.

But I can promise to be open, fun and sociable, which is my natural self.

But as I said, it's a two way street. If the other side doesn't reciprocate, there's not much we can do.

The patterns are real and exist. Even Momopi, an expert in Asian culture, admitted in this thread that TW are wary of strangers. He also told me that TW people prefer to have conversations about practical things, not abstract things. That is not stereotyping. That is a general pattern about them that one can easily conclude upon experience.

You wouldn't dispute that right?

Again, it IS part of the inherent culture in East Asia (oriental cultures) to be closed in demeanor. That is common knowledge. So why do you deny it? Isn't that strange? Other people who are honest do not dispute this. So why do you?

Patterns exist. Cultural differences exist. That is a fact. And most people conform to their culture, not defy it. Thus, most people will act in accordance WITH their culture, not against it. Agreed?
I don't dispute what you say. But I don't think it matters too much for average younger white guys looking to boost their dating life. In fact, if the local guys are as boring as you make them out to be, that might make the foreigners seem all the more interesting.

Anyway, Taiwan is an excellent platform for them. Its very easy, safe, and user friendly. When they go out to the clubs or universities, and meet interested girls, they automatically get access to the social circles and sometimes even families of these girls. If they go to school here, they will also probably meet a lot of other foreign students from various countries. Within a few weeks, they can build quite a network, have a busy cellphone, and many social options, esp. on week-ends.

BTW, you really wanna generalize about Taiwan and you talk about knowing what you see. But its a different country to different people. If young white guys who were lonely back home get a prolific and genuine dating life and social experience here, do you think they care if it is closed culturally speaking? How much experience do you really have here anyway? What have you done, who do you know, and how much time? Have your really lived here as an independent adult?

There are 2 sides to every coin. The culture here also makes for a very safe, developed, prosperous, and user friendly country and capital city. Compare it to Russia on those terms. You must know, you are very fortunate to have never been seriously attacked by those skin heads.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Repatriate,
If you bothered to check my biography instead of thinking biased prejudiced things about me, you'd see that I have a LOT more interests than just "aliens and psychics". (btw, I hardly write anything about UFO's so I don't know where you get that)

But since you are too lazy to do your homework before opening your big fat mouth, let me just copy and paste my interests for you:
I enjoy writing, acting, theatre, meeting people, traveling, European culture/travel, photography, tennis, billiards, ping pong, swimming, martial arts, hiking, coin-collecting, chess, scrabble, history, History Channel, Travel Channel, PBS, British comedy, museums, science-fiction, cooking, cultural events, 80's pop music, watching Twilight Zone reruns, vegetarian food, metaphysics, exploring mysticism, New Age spirituality, philosophy, paranormal phenomena, and just living life to the fullest. I enjoy all styles of music except country, rap, and heavy metal. I am a vegetarian and my favorite foods are Chinese, Italian, and Vegetarian cuisine.
I have a lot more interests by the way. I just don't remember to write them down.

See how prejudiced you are against me? You said you have nothing against me. But you obvious have a strong bias and you falsely label me too.

Btw, look at me and look at you. I show my pictures, give out my full name, produce content, put myself out there, tell my whole personal life, including the ugly details, etc.

I really put myself out there. And I have many character references too, as well as a track record of integrity, reliability and consistency for many years.

I have all that.

In contrast, look at you. You won't give out your name, show your photo, NOTHING. You are just words behind a keyboard that argues every little thing.

Who do you think people would rather trust and believe? Someone they can see and name and put himself out there? Or some anonymous dude who blathers bullshit like you?

Why should anyone assign any credibility to you at all? You are no better than a random person online.

You know, there's a saying, "Never argue with a fool. People might not know the difference."

Well I think this debate is descending to that, and of course, YOU are the fool obviously.

So I'm going to bow out, or else that truism might start to take effect here.

Oh and btw, in case you didn't know 2+2=4. Do you need me to prove that? lol

Since you lack so much common knowledge, I had to check. I'm sure you will take that as a huge compliment to your knowledge and understanding.

PS - Hive mind basically means follow the group, family, culture or crowd. Example, TW people use MSN to chat, so other TW follow suit. In the PH people use Yahoo Messenger to chat, so everyone there follows suit. People follow each other. That's the way in Asia. Even children know this. But you don't?! Sheesh. Btw, 2+2=4. You wanna argue with that too?!

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:You all talk about age as a factor. Age was even a big factor mentioned in Steve Hoca's interview with Larry Elterman and Mark Davis too.

However, that seems like a copout to me, and my friend Jeff agreed, after I talked to him about it the other night.

Age does not change whether girls are more open or approachable or not. When I was 17, people in TW did not make eye contact with me or were more open simply cause I was younger. When I was 21 - 23 years old, I spent two years approaching girls in my college at Cal State Hayward. Everyday after class I would spend two hours hoping to randomly meet a wonderful girl that would date me, since the TV/Movies I saw told me it was VERY easy and could happen any time. So I believed the media and culture that told me that meeting girls was easy. And everyday after class, I would spend two hours looking to meet girls on campus but getting nowhere. It was good exercise cause I walked a lot around the whole campus. But I didn't get shit. Everyone just wanted to go to classes and then leave. They MINDED THEIR OWN BUSINESS and expected me to do the same.

How was age a factor in that? IT WASN'T. It's a BS copout excuse. Unapproachable women are unapproachable regardless of your age.
Dude, the US doesn't count. The whole point of my arguments has been about younger guys getting a good handicap in Taiwan. We all know by now that the US is a dating hell for many average or even decent looking young guys. Overseas, its a different story.

How can you imagine that an average 24 year old guy is not going to have a big advantage over his counterpart who appears to be in his late 30s? I've seen how girls react to different guys and been privy to their conversations. If its a mixed age club (wider age ranges for men), and the older guy approaches, the girl will sometimes say to her group something like "scare me to death, so old" or just plain out rudely ignore the guy. Later, the same girl may be very friendly and available to the attractive younger guy. I've seen similar types of scenario play out many in mixed age clubs. In young clubs, the older guy will just look completely out of place. He's not likely to get any attention there either.

In Taiwan's club scene, looks and age have a great deal of impact on your results. And I bet its similar in most other if not all Asian countries. If you think differently, that suggests you probably have not clubbed much outside of P4P. I mean, have you even been out clubbing in Taipei more than a handful of times???
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Winston wrote:Repatriate,

I enjoy writing, acting, theatre, meeting people, traveling, European culture/travel, photography, tennis, billiards, ping pong, swimming, martial arts, hiking, coin-collecting, chess, scrabble, history, History Channel, Travel Channel, PBS, British comedy, museums, science-fiction, cooking, cultural events, 80's pop music, watching Twilight Zone reruns, vegetarian food, metaphysics, exploring mysticism, New Age spirituality, philosophy, paranormal phenomena, and just living life to the fullest. I enjoy all styles of music except country, rap, and heavy metal. I am a vegetarian and my favorite foods are Chinese, Italian, and Vegetarian cuisine.
I'm pretty sure most people could fill out a huge paragraph of passing and dabbled interests too. That doesn't really mean much nor is it a sign of how intellectual you are.

Btw, look at me and look at you. I show my pictures, give out my full name, produce content, put myself out there, tell my whole personal life, including the ugly details, etc.

I really put myself out there. And I have many character references too, as well as a track record of integrity, reliability and consistency for many years.

I have all that.

In contrast, look at you. You won't give out your name, show your photo, NOTHING. You are just words behind a keyboard that argues every little thing.
Winston this is the age of the internet some people just don't like having full archived historical records on search especially if they have actual careers which require employment checks. I know you're a "freelance" type of guy with uh..situational employment but some people just don't have that luxury.
Why should anyone assign any credibility to you at all? You are no better than a random person online.
Every person on the internet is random and a stranger unless you know them in person and have spent time to get a grasp on their actual personality. A name and a face don't mean squat.
PS - Hive mind basically means follow the group, family, culture or crowd. Example, TW people use MSN to chat, so other TW follow suit. In the PH people use Yahoo Messenger to chat, so everyone there follows suit. People follow each other. That's the way in Asia. Even children know this. But you don't?! Sheesh. Btw, 2+2=4. You wanna argue with that too?!
When people use similar technology and programs to communicate that's not exactly having a "hive mind" most countries have certain programs which are more popular than others even in the U.S. and you should know that as well.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock wrote:
Winston wrote: Rock, when you say that "Taiwan is a dating paradise for the right people" that is vague and cryptic. That's like saying that "Amway is a good business opportunity for some people." It doesn't define whether it's a good opportunity in general or not (and by all honest accounts, it is NOT). Just because some people get rich in Amway does not make it a good business opportunity in general for most people. I still have not seen any proof that Taiwan is an "open friendly easy to meet girls type of culture" in GENERAL other than in words.

If something is real, it can be demonstrated without excuses. Otherwise, red flag.

Dude, please, give me more credit than that. If you go through my many posts on this topic, you will see I've provided numerous examples or case studies (over 10) of actual guys I have know and their dating experience in Taiwan. These are real people, not figments of my imagination. Now I am even prepared to show you photos from one of those guys. How much truer can I get? Do you wanna shadow a white playboy for an extended period?

So from the dozens to hundreds of guys I've observed over the years, some have bombed, some have done OK, and some have done phenomenally. Many ended up marrying locals too. To a partial extent, I can attribute the different results to aggressiveness, looks, personality, or language skills. But many times, I was still surprised. So I can't spell it out 100%. But I have stated before (not at all cryptically) that the guys who might get the largest handicap here are probably well below 40, regular looking or somewhat better (height, face, and body type), and white or maybe black. As for ABCs, I have too few direct observational data points to comment from my own experience. But from what I'm told, ABCs who fall within a certain spec ranges or types can do very well too. You seem to have a short memory about posts here. When you evaluate a poster and what he or she says, please do so in the full context of all posts. Don't just cherry pick or take things out of full context.

Finally, please don't obsess over the words to a Billy Joel song or project your subjective feelings and experiences or even those of others who agree with you onto the bigger picture. Your experience, their experiences, and my experience is just a small fragment. Your friend who says the rest of us are full of shit is just voicing one more opinion.

In my case, I have absolutely no incentive to convince you. I am not trying to sell you something or scam you. I am just sharing my experience with, showing you Taiwan from my eyes, experiences, etc. Participating in this forum is just a quasi social experience and means to exchange views, compare notes, and learn from others who have interest or experience living outside their home country.

And remember, in Taiwan I have done business, managed a small firm, worked at both local companies with Chinese language environment and foreign companies, met and dealt with thousands of people from various backgrounds including the very top, visited high end KTV clubs, spent a lot of time enjoying the local and foreign style clubs and night life, been to weddings, funerals, and lots of birthday parties, dated and had several serious girlfriends, payed lots of local tax, driven all over with my own car, biked, motorcycled, camped, seen fights, invested in local equity and bond markets, rented over 10 apartments, condos, or houses, had medical operations and general anesthesia, experienced deadly earthquakes, etc. I've lived here and seen lots of life from various angels as a completely independent foreign person - no family, relatives, or sponsoring institution. In other words, I have a large data sample of observations to draw conclusions from the point of view of a laowai.
If all that is true, then why can't you hand me any numbers of real people to call or introduce me to any females to correspond with?

I am able to do that for others. Why can't you? I even connected Steve Hoca to talk to a very attractive Filipina to show him how different they were. You can even ask him about it. I did it. I gave him proof that Filipinas are different. He talked to her several times and noticed the difference between American and foreign women.

I PRODUCED. Steve can attest to that. You can ask him. In fact, he mentioned this in the interview with Steve N.

So why can't you? When I ask you to produce, you say stuff like "I lost all my girl contact numbers cause my girlfriend threw them all away." etc. But if you really wanted to, you could have hid all your contact info in places in your computer in disguised/hidden files, if you wanted to.

So the fact is, you can't introduce me to one single person here. I CAN, and I DID it for Steve Hoca and others. I PRODUCED.

You say you have lots of connections and experiences here. But you don't produce for some reason. I could though.

Do you see why Jeff has so much respect for me now? I've EARNED it.

Also, if you know so much about TW, then why did you not know that the culture was closed in general? It took you forever to admit it. But a good observer would notice that on the first day in TW. Either your insight skills are terrible, or you are on another dimension/wavelength that doesn't see the obvious, or you do not read people well except in practical terms.

Finally, sure any nice person can make polite friends and be invited to some party here. But that's not the same as having a girl really like you. You can be in a group of people at a college, and everyone can be friendly, but you still have to behave in a goody two shoes manner, and if you don't fit in, it's just going to be a polite social experience where you just "go through the motions". It's not going to be a passionate experience of human connection.

Do you see the difference?

You can be around a lot of people in a party but leave with nothing.

Bottom line is that TW is not a place I can be myself, shed my inhibitions, etc. Maybe you don't need to shed your inhibitions. But I do.

I know TW enough to see how people are, their body language, their conservativism, obvious things about their mannerisms, etc. It doesn't take a rocket scientist.

Everything is made of energy. Quantum physics tells us that. This includes TW too. I am very attuned to energy. Maybe you aren't, so you don't evaluate things in terms of energy like I do. That's why I see a deeper level, and consider "vibrational compatibility" whereas you don't factor that into your reality.

Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Winston wrote:
Everything is made of energy. Quantum physics tells us that. This includes TW too. I am very attuned to energy. Maybe you aren't, so you don't evaluate things in terms of energy like I do. That's why I see a deeper level, and consider "vibrational compatibility" whereas you don't factor that into your reality.
If you were so attuned to people's auras and vibrational compatibility how did that Russian scam princess dupe you so easily?

Were your jedi powers inhibited that day or what?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock, listen to Steve Hoca talk about the beautiful 26 year old Filipina I introduced him to as a friend, in these two clips, and how it opened his eyes to the differences beyond the US matrix!

So you see, I PRODUCED! I'm all about action, not talk.

Honest sincere people give me credit for that. And you should too.

I still say that if you were as well connected here as you say, you would be able to introduce a few female chat friends to me. It doesn't make sense that you can't even do that.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Repatriate wrote:
Winston wrote:
If you were so attuned to people's auras and vibrational compatibility how did that Russian scam princess dupe you so easily?

Were your jedi powers inhibited that day or what?
I've already explained it you dipshit. I knew what she was long ago. But I was just going for the ride and trying to get as much sex as I could from it.

It was fun. You need to experience the bad girls first before you can appreciate the good ones.

I enjoyed looking at her face and having others gawk at her face around me too.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock wrote:
Winston wrote:You all talk about age as a factor. Age was even a big factor mentioned in Steve Hoca's interview with Larry Elterman and Mark Davis too.

However, that seems like a copout to me, and my friend Jeff agreed, after I talked to him about it the other night.

Age does not change whether girls are more open or approachable or not. When I was 17, people in TW did not make eye contact with me or were more open simply cause I was younger. When I was 21 - 23 years old, I spent two years approaching girls in my college at Cal State Hayward. Everyday after class I would spend two hours hoping to randomly meet a wonderful girl that would date me, since the TV/Movies I saw told me it was VERY easy and could happen any time. So I believed the media and culture that told me that meeting girls was easy. And everyday after class, I would spend two hours looking to meet girls on campus but getting nowhere. It was good exercise cause I walked a lot around the whole campus. But I didn't get shit. Everyone just wanted to go to classes and then leave. They MINDED THEIR OWN BUSINESS and expected me to do the same.

How was age a factor in that? IT WASN'T. It's a BS copout excuse. Unapproachable women are unapproachable regardless of your age.
Dude, the US doesn't count. The whole point of my arguments has been about younger guys getting a good handicap in Taiwan. We all know by now that the US is a dating hell for many average or even decent looking young guys. Overseas, its a different story.

How can you imagine that an average 24 year old guy is not going to have a big advantage over his counterpart who appears to be in his late 30s? I've seen how girls react to different guys and been privy to their conversations. If its a mixed age club (wider age ranges for men), and the older guy approaches, the girl will sometimes say to her group something like "scare me to death, so old" or just plain out rudely ignore the guy. Later, the same girl may be very friendly and available to the attractive younger guy. I've seen similar types of scenario play out many in mixed age clubs. In young clubs, the older guy will just look completely out of place. He's not likely to get any attention there either.

In Taiwan's club scene, looks and age have a great deal of impact on your results. And I bet its similar in most other if not all Asian countries. If you think differently, that suggests you probably have not clubbed much outside of P4P. I mean, have you even been out clubbing in Taipei more than a handful of times???
I was in Taiwan for a long period of time in 1990 and 2004. I don't notice that people were any more open due to my age.

I went to clubs in America and age made no difference to me.

In clubs, it's hard to see how old someone is too.

Most people also say I look much younger than my age.

Clubs have a weird vibe. It does not feel accepting or inclusive at all.

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:
Rock wrote:

If all that is true, then why can't you hand me any numbers of real people to call or introduce me to any females to correspond with?

I am able to do that for others. Why can't you? I even connected Steve Hoca to talk to a very attractive Filipina to show him how different they were. You can even ask him about it. I did it. I gave him proof that Filipinas are different. He talked to her several times and noticed the difference between American and foreign women.

I PRODUCED. Steve can attest to that. You can ask him. In fact, he mentioned this in the interview with Steve N.

So why can't you? When I ask you to produce, you say stuff like "I lost all my girl contact numbers cause my girlfriend threw them all away." etc. But if you really wanted to, you could have hid all your contact info in places in your computer in disguised/hidden files, if you wanted to.

So the fact is, you can't introduce me to one single person here. I CAN, and I DID it for Steve Hoca and others. I PRODUCED.

You say you have lots of connections and experiences here. But you don't produce for some reason. I could though.

Do you see why Jeff has so much respect for me now? I've EARNED it.

Also, if you know so much about TW, then why did you not know that the culture was closed in general? It took you forever to admit it. But a good observer would notice that on the first day in TW. Either your insight skills are terrible, or you are on another dimension/wavelength that doesn't see the obvious, or you do not read people well except in practical terms.

Finally, sure any nice person can make polite friends and be invited to some party here. But that's not the same as having a girl really like you. You can be in a group of people at a college, and everyone can be friendly, but you still have to behave in a goody two shoes manner, and if you don't fit in, it's just going to be a polite social experience where you just "go through the motions". It's not going to be a passionate experience of human connection.

Do you see the difference?

You can be around a lot of people in a party but leave with nothing.

Bottom line is that TW is not a place I can be myself, shed my inhibitions, etc. Maybe you don't need to shed your inhibitions. But I do.

I know TW enough to see how people are, their body language, their conservativism, obvious things about their mannerisms, etc. It doesn't take a rocket scientist.

I still have many contact addresses via email. It was only my physical numbers which were taken. So let me get this straight. You want me to hand you contacts from my past, girls who for the most part I haven't been in touch with for years? That would be pretty weird for me to contact them out of the blue and tell them about you and your issues and ask them whether or not they would mind you calling them? Why don't we just try to meet new people, fresh contacts?

I don't read people well except in practical terms??? Well then, I suppose you don't read people well except in impractical terms. So what use is that if they play you for a chump or don't give you the time of day? In real life, practical matters if you care at all about results or outcomes.

Since you have such a strong right brain, what are your special creative talents? Do you paint, write poetry, compose or play music, design buildings, understand many types of art, etc? In your posts, you often put yourself on some creative genius pedestal while being condescending towards others who don't see things from your perspective or agree with your views.
Last edited by Rock on October 7th, 2010, 1:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:
Rock wrote:

I was in Taiwan for a long period of time in 1990 and 2004. I don't notice that people were any more open due to my age.

I went to clubs in America and age made no difference to me.

In clubs, it's hard to see how old someone is too.

Most people also say I look much younger than my age.

Clubs have a weird vibe. It does not feel accepting or inclusive at all.
Re-read my post. What did I say about the US???

And you clearly haven't clubbed much in Taiwan. Older people are easy to spot unless they look unusually young for their age. Just go to Carnegies on a Wednesday night and you'll see what I mean. In 1990 and 2004, did you approach lots of girls (at least dozens)? Or were you just sitting around obsessing about bad vibes and negative energy?

If you really did put in a lot of quality work and always got shot-down, especially in 1990, I'd be surprised. As I've mentioned in another post today, I haven't known that many ABCs. But some of the ones I knew did very well.
Last edited by Rock on October 5th, 2010, 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.