Dismal statistics on Russian women relationships

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Never been to Russia but everything I reading and hearing is that Russia is the pits. And it seems like most posters on this forum would point out the Philippines as being the best.

If Russia has so much scammers and the women are two face....what's good about them than?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

chanta76 wrote:Never been to Russia but everything I reading and hearing is that Russia is the pits. And it seems like most posters on this forum would point out the Philippines as being the best.

If Russia has so much scammers and the women are two face....what's good about them than?
Well they are fun, open, approachable, easy to chat up, like to meet people, etc. And they are tall and beautiful too. They also know history well and speak multiple languages, especially German.

Our former moderator here Brad Sharp is happily married to one.

So anything is possible. It's just that the odds are difficult.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
tom
Junior Poster

Post by tom »

Russian women seem to like sleeping, resting and doing nothing more than most other things. Fact (75%)
I did actually see this kind of behavior in Ukraine when I stayed there. Not all girls of coarse but much more than here in the USA. I remember thinking to myself what a looser. Just so abnormally lazy, never seen anything quite like that before.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

This is an interesting thread. However, in my 3 years of living in Azerbaijan and Armenia, I can tell you that the Russian woman is a different animal than women of other former Soviet nationalities.

Another factor is that the women above 30 were VASTLY different than the women below 30. There was a huge, abrupt generational shift among the women, and the younger girls are steeped in the nihilism of mass media and they are easier to deal with.

I personally reject Russian women, but not Armenians, Uzbeks, Azeris,
Georgians, etc.

If I were to consider a Russian woman, she would have to be a minority like Ingush, Tatar, Bashkir, North Ossetian, etc.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

If I were to consider a Russian woman, she would have to be a minority like Ingush, Tatar, Bashkir, North Ossetian, etc.
Who are not Russian ethnically and never will be. And they are Muslim, as well. There is also a difference between a person who goes and lives in Russia and who tries to fit in through normal channels as in "get in line", learn the language and work your way into art circles, colleges, normal families in the provinces and the one who is looking on English language sites where scams are concentrated in high numbers.

Those who try and play by the Russian rules and go about the whole thing the way Russian men do , rarely have any extraordinary problems.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

tom wrote:Russian women seem to like sleeping, resting and doing nothing more than most other things. Fact (75%)
I did actually see this kind of behavior in Ukraine when I stayed there. Not all girls of coarse but much more than here in the USA. I remember thinking to myself what a looser. Just so abnormally lazy, never seen anything quite like that before.
Ukrainians are not Russians ( just like the Irish are not English) unless you met ethnic Russians living there. But you are right in one thing- the work ethics there are not what they are in the Germanic or Confucian worlds.
The girls that I know there, though work like dogs at their jobs as waitresses or bookkeepers, etc.

Maybe they had been working so hard that they wanted to rest? Many have to work several jobs as well as study and they wanted to relax when you saw them?
MatureDJ
Junior Poster

Post by MatureDJ »

ladislav wrote:Add to this the fact that most Western men who go there:
1) Know virtually no language or culture of the place.
2) Do not know how to deal with Russian women the Russian way
3) Do not know how to find a good girl within her natural environment the way Russian men do and do not try to do it.
4) Cannot travel in local circles of intelligentsia because they do not know how to get into that society.
Ladislav. what is the Russian way of dealing with Russian women? What is the way to find a good girl in her natural environment? How to get into the local circle of intelligentsia? (I will be teaching English, and perhaps other subjects {in English}, BTW.)
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

chanta76 wrote:Never been to Russia but everything I reading and hearing is that Russia is the pits. And it seems like most posters on this forum would point out the Philippines as being the best.

Someone needs to post stats of Russian women- American men marriage divorce rates in the states and RW-RM divorce rates in Russia. I think regardless, Russian women dont make good long term mates.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Winston wrote:Ladislav,
Regardless of any cultural differences or understanding, the fact is that a huge percentage of Russian girls scam, lie, cheat, steal, drug men's drinks, and do evil things when they feel like it. Even when it comes to online scammers alone, the vast majority of them come from Russia. What does culture have to do with that? Those are pure evil criminal acts, plain and simple. In this case, it's black and white. They are acts of evil. Not misunderstandings.

So what do cultural differences and misunderstanding have to do with any of that?
Whether or not they do this to their own men is irrelevant. What counts is whether they practice behavior at all. If this is common place and ubiquitous, then I would say that we have a good idea what those women are all about there.

The other question is, do we take each Russian woman as an individual or do we just accept that most of them are going to act like scammers?

It sounds to me like anyone looking for a white woman would be better off looking elsewhere than to try to overcome all of this. Better to search where there are lots of diamonds rather than trying to sift through turds looking for tootsie roll.

I have personally read the opinions of Russian brides in America, England and Sweden posted on those Foreign bride sites. When one man from Sweden had written that his wife brought over a "relative" that he later found out wasnt a relative but a BF, and that she was having sex with him and making all kinds of threats towards him, the Russian women on the forum came out in typical American feminist style and said, 'Did you think she would be satisfied with less simply because she is from Russia? You are poorer than your neighbors there...' As if this man were getting the treatment he derserved for bringing this woman to a better life in the west, but since he wasnt making as much money as the average Swede, he ought to sit back and take it.

There are other stories about what the RW in the USA think of American men. Typical losers. I have never read this kind of shit from any other nationality. You'd be better off marrying a French or Spaniard woman than marrying the typical parasite feminist in waiting known as the Russian woman.
Enishi
Freshman Poster

Post by Enishi »

My Russian lady friend mentioned recently that the stereotype of Russian women using European and American men for money or a green card unfortunately does have a lot of truth to it. Scammers abound there.

Many of the women who do this are apparently quite heartless and have no sense of guilty whatsoever. It's not even looked down upon all that much in Russia, possibly due to the hardships Russians have had to cope with in the past.

She mentioned that meeting someone online who is looking to immigrate via marriage is a horrible idea. Your chances are much better off if you travel to Russia for long periods, learn the language, make friends, and in the early stage don't always state that you're American. Even then, you will need to be careful of scammers.

You will however have an advantage in some respects as t foreign men tend to be nicer than local Russian men, and the girls notice and appreciate this. :)
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

Eduard wrote:Scamming foreigners is a full time job for only a few thousand people (both women and men) in a country of 150,000,000 people. And more than 90% of scam comes from Ukraine which is another country all together. There are all kinds of women in Russia, just like in the US or any other large country and you can find yourself in a relationship with an angel or with the worst bitch that will chew you up and spit you out and you won't even know what happened to you. Women are usually great at acting and having a language barrier and a cultural ignorance standing in the way, this becomes a gamble for any Western man. Some get lucky and wind up with a wondeful, beautiful woman, others have to go through one of the worst nightmares of their life. Having a native Russian (like myself) who speaks the language and knows Russian women very well on your side, as your wingman can greatly improve a Western man's odds in avoiding the bad ones and finding a true gem. And there are plenty of them in Russia if you know where to look, how to talk to them, how to court them and how not to make a complete ass out of yourself. If you are realistic about yourself, realistic about the type of woman you can attract and have somebody like me on your side, chances are you will find a beautiful soulmate that will make you one happy sun of a gun!

Divorce rate in Russia is so high, IMO, because there are too many choices of women and men know that if he decides to move on, the next woman/women are already waiting around the corner. The situation is drastically different in Russia compared to the US and most European countries when it comes to women. Over there women really try to hold on to their man and in many cases put up with their man having another woman or two on the side, because the alternative is being single and possibly just be "the other woman" herself dating a married guy.
For instance, I am a decent looking 50 yo guy. here in the US, in Florida where I live, I'd be lucky to meet a decent looking woman 36 and up once or twice a year. The rest of the time I'd have to dealwith overweight, unattractive women in their late 40s and 50s.
When in Russia, I can pretty much have a date for every day of the week if I choose to, with women who are 90% more attractive, and are age 25 to 35. It's that much easier. The fact that I am a native Russian speaker definitely helps, but somehow the fact that I speak English fluently doesn't make any difference here in the US :roll:
I lived in the Ukraine for 7 months with my girlfriend. Also visited there in 3 different years from 2004 - 2007. First I agree with your posts and your site but just have a few questions. Why do you think that 90% the scamming is coming from Ukraine and not Russia? I went to Ukraine because Visa requirements were more lax than Russia. I had heard that Russia was even more wealthy than Ukraine so it would be harder to find a girl/woman. I found the girls very eager in 2004 and loosing interest by 2007, my guess is there were more opportunities there for jobs. How is it now in 2010?
-
Why do the Russian men have so many options for multiple women? You said that causes the high divorce rate.
-
I saw your website and think you have a great idea on how to meet a Russian woman. I agree that many girls on regular dating sites are serial daters or scammers. The sites and the socials work for them with a different group of guys coming through every few months. Are girls more eager now than in 2007, or same, or less?
-
I have never been to Russia and would like to go Russia and travel and see the sights. I would like to meet a girl that would like to show me around and even travel to other cities too. Is there a problem with a Russian girl traveling to cities that are not her own. Or do I need to bring a Ukrainian girl if I want to see multiple cities?
-
Is there an advantage of me using one of those Russian sites you mentioned for my purposes? How can I get one that speaks English. Can I put an ad out there in English? Are there Anglofiles on those sites that would like to meet a Western man? My "tour guides" in Ukraine I met on the street or meto. I always pretended I had just gotten there and wanted to see the sights and I think they were eager to go practice their English. Of my 2 tour guides in Kiev one wanted to get more involved.
-
I loved the women, the food, and the culture!
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Beautiful Girls Just Waiting For You.....GET REAL!!!

Post by WorldTraveler »

Eduard wrote:
ladislav wrote:
Regardless of any cultural differences or understanding, the fact is that a huge percentage of Russian girls scam, lie, cheat, steal, drug men's drinks, and do evil things when they feel like it.
Do they do those things to Russian guys?
If a 45 year old Russian guys starts chasing pretty 18 year old girls around he is likely to get the same treatment. If he wants to play he should expect to get played. Normally people (both males and females) engaging in this kind of behavior both understand that they are trying to take advantage of what they have to offer to each other. He wants a young pretty girl in his bed and she has shopping needs that need to be satisfied. Ideally an experienced man over 35 should know that there are hardly any girls age 18 to 24 who are ready for marriage, or a lifetime committement, particularly to a foreigner.
If a man is truly interested in finding a good sincere Russian woman he should 1. look in the mirror and assess who he is and what he is bringing to the table. 2. set his expectations according to #1.
3. Look for women who are 25 yo and older keeping an age gap within reason, 5 to 15 years max. In rare cases things may work out if an age gap is larger but a man needs to be in great shape physically and be an outstanding individual to attract a young beautiful female and to have her fall in love with him. The mailorder bride days are pretty much over. No women in Russia are looking "to get out", so if a man is a looser in his own Western country he is not going to impress any woman in Russia either.
There is still a shortage of marriage minded, available, single Russian men, so Russian women will still give a good Western man a chance if they find him attractive and interesting. And even an average looking Western guy has a hell of a lot better chance to find a good Russian wife as long as he has realistic expectations and not looking for 20 year old babes to fall in love with him.

I had just posted this quote that almost matches your quote on this site, in the area where Winston was posting pictures of model quality women you can date. It interesting to see that you and I have the same idea. I see it takes a Russian to get it or a Westerner who has spent over a year in FSU. I agree 100% with what you said above. The Russian dating sites are creating the scam and the Westerners just want to believe a fantasy.

Here is my original post:

Beautiful Girls Just Waiting For You.....GET REAL!!!
Winston, thanks for showing me pictures of all the "DESPERATE" girls of Russia. I can tell these girls cannot find a rich man or an oligarth to date in their country. This is great eye candy, but Emailing and sending these girls flowers or presents is just a waste of time and money.
-
My first GF in Ukraine could be added to this parade of girls' pictures. She is now married to a RICH YOUNG guy in Spain. She doesn't speak Spanish and he doesn't speak Russian or English. She has been spending the last year traveling all over the world with him. She sends me pictures of herself in her bikini. I think she's a nice girl. On my last date with her she spent over 3/4 hour touching up her makeup before we went out to dance. At the disco she spent more time dancing with her reflection in the mirror than with me. Honestly she's a nice girl. She never asked for money or asked me to take her to anywhere expensive.
-
Some of you may think I'm bitter or hate Russian women. Exactly the opposite, I met many wonderful girls. I'm just telling you guys GET REAL!!!!! Beautiful girls are not desperate and looking for old ugly or loser guys. Date realistically or just plan to give away your money for nothing. Happy Dating!!!!

-
viewtopic.php?t=7510
-
omlr4l
Freshman Poster

Post by omlr4l »

Well then, obviously you've never visited nor lived in Russia. It's a great place and I would love to live there rather than America any day, but I'm stuck in Texas for a while longer. As an American, you tend to have the stereotypes of Russia in your head. American news points out the problems with Russia rather than the positives. No Russia is not cold, they have seasons. Remember there is a South to Russia, it can get easily over 100 F. They are not all alcoholics that just drink vodka. Vodka however is the cheapest liquor there and is just common. You can buy some cheap vodka for maybe 4 to 5 dollars a liter if not less. Girls there are pretty, much smarter than the average American woman. They seem to be more mature, they've been through harder times and have seen more things. If a not open-minded American traveled to Russia they would say it's a shit hole. However, it also depends on where you go. They just don't have the luxuries Americans do. Air conditioning isn't too common, especially up north. Their public toilets are no more than a hole in the ground usually. You walk every where or take public transportation. It's cheap. Extremely cheap. About 30 cents for a bus. An hour long taxi ride would probably be around 20 to 30 bucks, it depends on; if you are Russian, if you speak fluent Russian, where you are at in Russia, and if you don't attempt to argue with them on the fare price. You can always talk them down, "No, that's too expensive. I'm going to that taxi over there, I'm not stupid." They will usually bump down the price. Customer service is horrible, especially if you are American because they don't want to deal with non-Russians. In all honesty, you just need to grow some balls, stand up for yourself (but don't start shit, especially with cops), and don't be such a stereotypical American. If you speak decent Russian already, that's an automatic boost for you. Russians don't believe Americans can learn any other language than English. Just be smart, don't walk around with your head down or better yet with your head too high. Adjust to Russian cultures and traditions, they won't have a problem with you. Maybe at first (Americans have some NASTY stereotypes), far worse than any Russian stereotype we have of them. Be open-minded. Don't be a stereotypical American. Plus, Russian girls are better. Russian guys can be assholes, but what American guy can't either? In America, you never have "best friends" that will do anything for you. I have best friends in Russia that would die for me if they had the chance. They value friendship more. Guys won't like American guys too much at first, because the girls LOVE American guys. Well at least the younger ones. Older women hate foreigners. If you happen to be African American, don't go to Russia. Except maybe Moscow, I don't know about St. Petersburg. Any where else is NOT a good idea. You don't see too many Russians who happen to like immigrants. Especially Middle-Easterners or Africans. It's just not the place for you guys, sorry. I hope this helps. If you have anymore questions send me an email at:
zdayton@mrsdirect.com
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

"Why do you think that 90% the scamming is coming from Ukraine and not Russia?"

Ukraine has an internet/scam law that states that it is not illegal if it does not break a law in Ukraine. Those scams don't exist in Ukraine, there is no black letter law, thus they can do it and it is simply not illegal there.

You will also find hackers, bots, trojans, mp3 sites, bullet proof hosting there as well.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Most problems stem from the following:

1) On the Russian side there are two problems:
a) Scammers gravitate to where they think money is. Americans attract them the way honey attracts flies.
b) Good girls who are considering marrying Americans underestimate the culture shock and have no idea of what life in America is like. They think it is all sunny, there is a lot of money, the people are super friendly and life is fun and easy.
When they arrive, a culture shock sets in. The people are very reserved. There is not much money. The husband seems cold and he does not understand her.
They get homesick, they do not have good friends as they had back home and they discover an enormous cultural gap between the Russian and the US culture.
On the American side there is basically one problem:
The American guy as a rule does not know anything about Russia except that
a) it is a Commie country whose people dream about emigrating to the US 24/7.
b) they all speak English are are just like Americans and there is no need to learn the language or to study the culture.
c) Russian women are tall and blond and falling all over Americans and would die to marry one. Thus he is doing them a favor by taking them out of that sh1thole and to the US.
Such relationships won't last long.