Thinking of starting a YouTube channel about China and Asia.

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Thinking of starting a YouTube channel about China and Asia.

Post by zboy1 »

What do you guys think? Is it a viable idea? I won't be doing this as a primary source of income, but moreso as a hobby.

I know right now, Serpentza and Laowhy are the most popular YouTubers in terms of China videos, but I think having someone of American Asian background would bring a new perspective to this area.

I like Serpentza and Laowhy's videos, btw. But seeing their experiences in dealing with the haters, trolls and, sometimes, the Chinese government, I think it might not be worth it, especially with payments for YouTube videos down by a lot and people criticizing them for making non-politically correct comments about China and Chinese people.

I'm not politically correct, myself, so I would really have to censor what I say in the videos. (Which is something I'm loathe to do).

Some of the topics would also include, besides the usual traveling, culture and food videos, controversial topics like race, politics, feminism and conspiracies. But I think that might result in me receiving some unwarranted attention from various groups. I'm not sure I want to do that. ...

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Man With a Plan
Freshman Poster

Re: Thinking of starting a YouTube channel about China and A

Post by Man With a Plan »

zboy1 wrote:Some of the topics would also include, besides the usual traveling, culture and food videos, controversial topics like race, politics, feminism and conspiracies. But I think that might result in me receiving some unwarranted attention from various groups. I'm not sure I want to do that. ...
I'm all for free speech, but I'm also a practical sort. I don't see the sense in discussing those issues, especially from a foreigner context. You are only Asian by ethnic make-up, and therefore not too qualified to speak on those issues as they related to your eastern-born compatriots. It's just my take on it though.
BACK IN IT! || Happier Abroad Discord Server now open!

Knowledge Seeker | Sleeping Revolutionary | Lone Wolf
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Zboy you could start by making the HA report :lol: based on that progress I don't know if you'll get to making YT videos.
Joking aside, it must be something really different, I've wanted to make some videos with a go-pro and a drone in certain locations, but sometimes it's like every shot has been taken already. I also think it's easy to underestimate how much time it takes to make, edit, and post on youtube consistently.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

zboy1 wrote:What do you guys think? Is it a viable idea? I won't be doing this as a primary source of income, but moreso as a hobby.

I know right now, Serpentza and Laowhy are the most popular YouTubers in terms of China videos, but I think having someone of American Asian background would bring a new perspective to this area.

I like Serpentza and Laowhy's videos, btw. But seeing their experiences in dealing with the haters, trolls and, sometimes, the Chinese government, I think it might not be worth it, especially with payments for YouTube videos down by a lot and people criticizing them for making non-politically correct comments about China and Chinese people.

I'm not politically correct, myself, so I would really have to censor what I say in the videos. (Which is something I'm loathe to do).

Some of the topics would also include, besides the usual traveling, culture and food videos, controversial topics like race, politics, feminism and conspiracies. But I think that might result in me receiving some unwarranted attention from various groups. I'm not sure I want to do that. ...
Serpentza (South African) and Laowhy are the White Virus that is invading Asia.

They want to impose their western retarded values into China. All their Politically Incorrect Videos are bashing China and how great the western world is.

When Winston has Conclusively proved How China is way more free than USA.

36 Freedoms in China That America Doesn't Have! Must See!

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=33192&p=277873#p277873

They are Silly. The censorship in China is on your face like in certain areas you cannot film and fly your stupid drones. In America, the spying and censorship is everywhere right inside your smartphones backdoor to CIA.

Every government spies on its people...In China, its in your face while US has the biggest Spy network in the world.

Notice how cool and calm Chinese Cops behave with Serpentza, lets see how much freedom he has while dealing with American cops before been smashed his face to the ground and shot in the head. :lol: :lol:

-------------------

You should start your channel Debunking how wrong these two guys are on many points and how China is more free than America in many ways etc...if you go the mainstream route..its already been captured by these two guys and then we have China Uncensored, another CIA program channe l to bash Chinese and their freedom.

--------------------

You will not have many white followers because they been programmed as how China really is, but many Conspiracy guys will follow you which are more and more now a days online.

Youtube revenue is zero and its not coming back. You have to find other ways to create money online.

Go for it...I would be your first subs..It will bring fresh perspective to what China is from a Asian American than White retards hating China..sure they put in good videos on China but it eventually plays into maintaining the status quo.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

^ great post starchild, and great suggestion for the videos.

Youtube revenue is zero and its not coming back.

Interesting
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

I think the one thing that is crucial to learn from Serpentza is to be honest and to tell the truth if you are going to partake in this kind of project.

That he told so many lies to embellish himself, he trained doctors, he was British etc etc - came back to bite him later, now, I am sure he didn't expect his channel to become as massive as it became, so - if you are going to do this, think big, dream big and become, but be honest from the outset, if Serpentza had told the truth about himself at the beginning - he wouldn't have caught up on the unnecessary flak he copped later.

Serpentza is crafty and he is bright, but none of it is luck, he works hard to improve his videos, to innovate and make alliances with other Chinese expat Vbloggers - he is building an empire, or at least an alliance as himself as the face of it. He's polished, charming, good looking - he has all the ingredients for him to made it, despite being an illegal ESL teacher without a degree from South Africa.

What else he has done is ruthlessly targeted a viewing demographic - he has targeted white, American males for his audience - beer, bikes and girls - which is very entertaining indeed, if you marry that with subtle slights against the host culture (without it becoming too hostile) and indirectly compare it to host country of the viewer, then you have got a very appreciative audience, he screwed that down like a champion when he went to America and then continued to make positive comparisons between there and China.

So, if you want to make a channel like his, decide who your viewing audience is going to be and make videos around that demographic and exclusively cater to them. Serpentza has made a ton of videos on bike trips across China, beer, girls, food (mostly barbecue, meat dishes, hot pot - the sort of food red blooded Americans like...).

Going to war with Serpentza - like our resident space jew hunter has suggested - is madness, like Troy Nguyen has recently found out, not a good idea, and I am a big fan of Troy and he is right in a lot of ways, but Serpentza has a MASSIVE fan base of white American males who will go to war for him, best off sending your channel out to see if it can float on the waves before getting it torpedoed for absolutely no reason.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

The Chinese expat channel I really enjoy is Austin Guidry, he makes good videos. Another one I tune to is Loser Laowai.

Serpentza and Laowhy are by far the most polished, the most focused towards a certain demographic - there isn't one, as far as I know, that has been headed by a person of Asian ethnicity - so, there is plenty of room for you to make a mark, how good is your Chinese? I am only asking because all the most successful vbloggers in China speak decent to excellent Chinese.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

zboy1,

I think it's great idea to make a youtube blog from an Asian American perspective. I think it's different view points compare to white or black person perspective. Granted your immediate audience would be fellow Asian American guys I think.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Thing about being "politically incorrect" is that it's been hijacked by clickbait authors. Anything to embellish and make controversial for more clicks. FB has a huge problem with clickbait spam. When discussing controversial topics you have to take precautions to not make it look like another clickbait.

If I were to make YT videos, I would use "<insert topic> in 60 seconds (or 3 mins or whatever)".

Like "Best Peking duck, Beijing, in 5 minutes" for a 5 min video introducing 5 duck restaurants. Short and straight to the point. More complex topics can have longer video.

Why short videos? To cater to the attention deficit generation with attention span shorter than a goldfish.

When I used to do video editing and presentation at work, I used Camtasia. It makes great pro consumer looking videos and upload/export directly to YouTube.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

droid wrote:^ great post starchild, and great suggestion for the videos.

Youtube revenue is zero and its not coming back.

Interesting
Yeah...Its not coming back. That's the advantage of being a Conspiracy Theorist who believe in Jews as Aliens. :)

Humanity was getting too free and independent, especially White Race, whose skills are needed to run the jew machine. If you start doing things you love and get paid for it, who would work for the jews. :shock: :shock:
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

momopi wrote:Thing about being "politically incorrect" is that it's been hijacked by clickbait authors. Anything to embellish and make controversial for more clicks. FB has a huge problem with clickbait spam. When discussing controversial topics you have to take precautions to not make it look like another clickbait.

If I were to make YT videos, I would use "<insert topic> in 60 seconds (or 3 mins or whatever)".

Like "Best Peking duck, Beijing, in 5 minutes" for a 5 min video introducing 5 duck restaurants. Short and straight to the point. More complex topics can have longer video.

Why short videos? To cater to the attention deficit generation with attention span shorter than a goldfish.

When I used to do video editing and presentation at work, I used Camtasia. It makes great pro consumer looking videos and upload/export directly to YouTube.
Great point, Momopi. Even Laowhy and Serpentza have been accused of this since their new channel and partnership occurred...Lately, they've been producing a lot of click bait topics, subtlety bashing China. I get it, China does piss me off, too, sometimes, but it seems one sided lately....

I would bash China, too, but I would balance it out and tell people that America has problems, too, and that there are definitely good things about staying in Asia.
bookshelf
Freshman Poster

Re: Thinking of starting a YouTube channel about China and Asia.

Post by bookshelf »

We are talking with SerpentZA (Winston Sterzel) – China's first vlogger and an inside and out stunning person. He has been keeping up steady video creation going back to 2006 in China, riding the separated Chinese web enough to keep his supporters cheerful and developing his fan base. We get him on the Global From Asia TV show (and sound web recording) to share his voyage making a top Youtube Channel. We had a great time run-ins with Chinese shopping center security and needed to move our account position – keeping this guerrilla-style shooting on the Chinese lanes at a transport stop! On the off chance that you need to hear our first web recording with Winston, look at scene 78 of Global From Asia web recording.

On the off chance that you haven't discovered his channel (hard to accept) at that point look at it here –and consider supporting his Patreon too to keep this astonishing substance coming.

Much obliged to you Winston for going ahead the show today! We had you on our digital recording back in scene 78 *please affirm this is a right number* and it has been a famous show to be sure. There you shared about your prior China business days and encounters with joining forces with Chinese.

https://www.hifigadget.com/best-bookshe ... nder-1000/
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

bookshelf wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 10:37 pm
We are talking with SerpentZA (Winston Sterzel) – China's first vlogger and an inside and out stunning person. He has been keeping up steady video creation going back to 2006 in China, riding the separated Chinese web enough to keep his supporters cheerful and developing his fan base. We get him on the Global From Asia TV show (and sound web recording) to share his voyage making a top Youtube Channel. We had a great time run-ins with Chinese shopping center security and needed to move our account position – keeping this guerrilla-style shooting on the Chinese lanes at a transport stop! On the off chance that you need to hear our first web recording with Winston, look at scene 78 of Global From Asia web recording.

On the off chance that you haven't discovered his channel (hard to accept) at that point look at it here –and consider supporting his Patreon too to keep this astonishing substance coming.

Much obliged to you Winston for going ahead the show today! We had you on our digital recording back in scene 78 *please affirm this is a right number* and it has been a famous show to be sure. There you shared about your prior China business days and encounters with joining forces with Chinese.

https://www.hifigadget.com/best-bookshe ... nder-1000/
What do you mean? When did you ever interview me? Whats scene 78? Are you sure you didn't mix me up with someone else? Can you show me the link or video to an interview I did with you?

Are you referring to Winston Serpentza or Winston Wu? Lol

Also what is the relevance of your link above? It seems like a webpage selling products only. Not related to anything in this thread.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Carnio
Freshman Poster

Post by Carnio »

Last edited by Carnio on October 27th, 2019, 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Man With a Plan
Freshman Poster

Post by Man With a Plan »

Imagine believing that China is freer than the USA simply because you get no female attention in the latter country. Pathetic.
BACK IN IT! || Happier Abroad Discord Server now open!

Knowledge Seeker | Sleeping Revolutionary | Lone Wolf