What percent of Chinese women are money-centered?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

What percent of Chinese women are money-centered?

Post by Falcon »

I just watched this YouTube video on money-grubbing, demanding Chinese women.
House, car, savings, high salary, and so on.

What percent of Chinese women are like this?
I have never dated Chinese women or dated in China, so would like to know from people like Winston, ethan_sg, and others about what it's actually like out there in the field.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf2--TJYuxc[/youtube]

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: What percent of Chinese women are money-centered?

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Almost all women over the age of 30 are money-centered, whether they admit it or not.

Many women under 30 are the same, but younger women are more driven by hedonistic impulses before they graduate into more pragmatic criteria like money.
Eric
Experienced Poster

Post by Eric »

Haha. All percent... I'd say that's a pretty good breakdown of it though, Contra.

I've decided for myself that there's not a lot I'm missing from Asian countries. Its just far too different for me, and I can't stand the Confucian rules that govern all behavior - particularly how the women act. The furthest east I go is mid east ...and maybe India, not Asia.
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

There's quite a divided opinion about Chinese woman. You have those who are fiercely pro-Chinese and reject the notion that Chinese woman are materialistic. Then, you have the China bashers who have had negative experiences with Chinese woman. I find most expats are divided on Chinese woman as well.

In my opinion, it's somewhere in between, with traditional and sweet Chinese girls mixed-in with truly horrible, Chinese woman. Abroad, especially in Asia, Chinese woman are seen as gold diggers and sluts.

Again, I think it's mixed, although Chinese woman are becomingly increasingly vain, arrogant, and bitchy. Outside of the big cities, though, you can find incredible woman--but you need to be able to speak fluent Chinese in order to find and talk with them. In fact, English speaking Chinese woman are usually horrible bets, whereas non-English speaking Chinese girls tend to be a bit better.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

There's quite a divided opinion about Chinese woman: You have those who are fiercely pro-Chinese and reject the notion that Chinese woman are materialistic. Then you have the China bashers who have had negative experiences with Chinese woman. I find most expats are divided on Chinese woman as well.

In my opinion, it's somewhere in between, with traditional and sweet Chinese girls mixed-in with truly horrible, Chinese woman. Abroad, especially in Asia, Chinese woman are seen as gold diggers and sluts.

Again, I think it's mixed, although Chinese woman are becomingly increasingly vain, arrogant, and bitchy. Outside of the big cities, though, you can find incredible woman--but you need to be able to speak fluent Chinese in order to find and talk with them. In fact, English speaking Chinese woman are usually horrible bets, whereas non-English speaking Chinese girls tend to be a bit better.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

zboy1 wrote:There's quite a divided opinion about Chinese woman: You have those who are fiercely pro-Chinese and reject the notion that Chinese woman are materialistic. Then you have the China bashers who have had negative experiences with Chinese woman. I find most expats are divided on Chinese woman as well.
I think, we have to talk about where these Chinese women are living, China mainland, or Taiwan, Malaysia, Japan or in Western countries,
in cities or in rural area, how parents treated them as children, how many are in the family and if they still keep contact to each other...

it is also about the foreign man, if he can communicate in Chinese, if he can live in her country etc... Religion also sometimes plays a role.

Often I get the impression that Chinese women prefer to meet Chinese men only, including overseas Chinese men.
Chinese women are not so much into Western men as you might expect.

Some Chinese women are just terrible, human garbage - but others are very nice and modest.

It is not possible to give a general guidance or advice, it depends in which country they are living, about their parents, their upbringing, their education and income, their job etc. There is no clear answer if Chinese women are money-centered or not. They are too different from each other to create any general rule how to judge them.

There is any Chinese woman existing - any type you can imagine.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Shoot ..all women care about money. This honestly a stupid question.
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

There are still plenty of good women in mainland China, who just want love and a simple life. However, due to feminism and globalization an increasing number of mainland Chinese women are becoming vain, materialistic, and narcissistic bitches. So far it's only a portion, and they tend to be concentrated in the tier one / 1.5 cities, but I'm worried that more will become this way as China's hell-bent on economic development and increasing its standing in the world rather than focusing on itself. FOBs in the West are already doomed to go down this destructive path, whether they intend to stay in the West or use their 'prestigious' Western degrees to increase their social standing in the mainland Chinese corporate world. Overall I'd say 75-80% of mainland Chinese women are still awesome.

If I were you I'd only marry a girl who does not ask for 'cai li' (marriage dowry), and her parents better not ask for it either. It's f***ing immoral and backwards, and to me it's the equivalent of human trafficking. In recent years it's become a method of acquiring wealth from the man and his family, so it's definitely a form of coercion and deceit. I don't want a marriage ceremony either. My ex Lu from Chongqing hated weddings too, though I don't know if she's been corrupted by the American princess culture since she's already been in the US for quite some time.

As for Chinese women from Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Singapore, they tend to be much more Westernized. The average age of marriage for females in developed NE Asia and Singapore is at around 30 or slightly under / over, showing that they prioritize career and feminist endeavours over love and family. And we know how it all works out.

So the thing is, portrayals of mainland Chinese women in Western media are highly exaggerated or untrue, just like Western media portrayals of many things about China. A growing number of mainland Chinese women are becoming corrupted, but there is still time to find a good wife in a country where half the population is female. As for the gender imbalance, it's exaggerated too and I don't think I or any decent guy will have the possibility of becoming a 'statistic'. So, there's still time. I'd be cautious if she mentions anything about going abroad. Find a Chinese girl who wants to stay in China, who's kind, simple, and down-to-earth. Rule of thumb, I'd steer clear of 9s and 10s and model types.

My recommendation for a non-Chinese foreigner, or even if you are ethnically Chinese but cannot speak Chinese too well, is to improve your Chinese language skills. You will have access to a better portion of women in China, as the ones who are English-speaking (though not always) tend to be more Westernized and liberal.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

虽然这个视频里的女人顶多代表10-20%中国女人的想法,但我觉得如果我碰到一个要求我工资存款要多少多少的贱货,那我觉得我也有资格要求她的工资不能低于我工资的80%。最好能养我,大方点。我谈不上特别帅,也没什么才华,也不浪漫,但至少有如今世界上难得的一颗善良的心。所以,就凭我性格和人品,这些用金钱买不到的东西,我觉得面对这种女人我也可以正大光明的“求包养”。明明自身条件不起眼,还有脸嚷嚷要这要那。给不了爱情就给我物质,爱情物质都给不了,那我只能说呵呵,别以为我们男的都是傻逼。
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!