Friendships in America are a joke!

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Friendships in America are a joke!

Post by Adama »

jamesbond wrote:
BlueEverglades wrote:Wow I almost posted a thread like this. My best friend left me completely out of her life when I sent her a picture of my new improved teeth and overall change of looks. I noticed that she posted those typical "I prefer to be alone than be surrounded by fake people" posters in fb implying that I was a fake for wanting to look a little bit better. But she has changed hair color a million times before did whatever she wanted and not once has she ever been called fake by me or anyone. I kept losing friends after high school and now the count is zero without any real reason (no fights, no disagreements, nothing big) just plain old being left behind.

Being friends with men proved to be a fruitless endevour so I'm left to fend for myself alone.

I deeply resent the hermit culture in this f***ing lonely place.
Welcome back BlueEverglades, you haven't posted since July of 2016, I thought you moved to another country.

Yes the US is an isolating lonely place to live. You need to make your friends early in life (when your in school) and then you need to hold onto those friends for the rest of your life. It's difficult to make friends with people after you are out of school in America.

Perhaps taking some college courses might help or doing volunteer work.

When you put it in those terms though, there should be lots of people in the category of lacking friends. Because if you miss the boat at an early age, then you are in the lonely boat. So really there should be lots of people by themselves. All those people would have to do is find each other.

The real issue though is that many people are psychologically dangerous predators. They are just waiting to gossip about your failures, to delight in your troubles, and to boast about themselves in front of you to make you jealous but mostly in an attempt to make you feel like a loser.

And if you actually do have success when they don't or can't, they will ridicule you rather than uplift you.

There are many people who really do see life as the ultimate competition. They don't seek harmony or peace. They see it really as a darwinian survival of the fittest, and therefore evil is justified for them. Since it is all about survival of the fittest, well then if they are better than you, they must be fit. So many people will intentionally get close to you, just so they can delight in faking being your friend, while gathering information about (ammo against) you, and then go back to their "real friends" and laugh at you behind your back.

This is an evil sport that many people delight in.

And then if you make friends, chances are they have one friend in their group who may go on an information (smear) campaign against you behind your back, and those friends will be turned against you too.

Read the Psalms. King David talks about this at length. Proverbs mention these people. And Jeremiah also mentions them.

I pretty much gave up on male friendships years ago.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

BlueEverglades wrote:I kept losing friends after high school and now the count is zero without any real reason (no fights, no disagreements, nothing big) just plain old being left behind.

Being friends with men proved to be a fruitless endevour so I'm left to fend for myself alone.

There are a lot of people who feel the same way you do, making friends in America is very difficult (especially when you are out of school).

Welcome to the United Lonely States of America! :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Mercury
Junior Poster

Post by Mercury »

American waitresses and bartenders have dual personalities. At work, she may be sweet, pleasant, and friendly with you. But outside of work, she may be the most stuck up, standoffish, and anti social person you have ever encountered. Run into her at a grocery store or city event, and you could have a horrible, terrible experience sure to cause you to never, ever go eat at the restaurant or bar/tavern she works at ever again. Worse, she could be like a doll at your favorite bar, but then you run into her at a concert and she could bury her face into her boyfriend's shoulder when she sees you, and her boyfriend could even pull a gun on you and order you to run away.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

BlueEverglades wrote:I kept losing friends after high school and now the count is zero without any real reason (no fights, no disagreements, nothing big) just plain old being left behind.

America is one of the loneliest countries in the world. We do have a "hermit culture" in the United States, where people tend to stay home and not socialize with other people.

Once you are out of school, trying to make friends with people in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics. :shock:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

There's going to be the Millennial reign of Christ for 1,000 years where the saints will rule and reign with Him. Then God's going to create a new earth where there will be no evildoers and we will all be like the angels and sinless. There will be abundance of peace and joy. I figure it might be like being an innocent child all over again, with no cares or worries and lots of joy just by being there.

I don't even care about friends so much. I had men who were my friends who were trying to convince me that I was ugly, who made fun of me and twisted everything I said into something they could use to mock me, who made any mistake I made into a big deal to condemn me for. And when I had success with women, they were trying to convince me that I screwed up and did something wrong somehow. If I said a woman was flirting with me, they would say it was my imagination and faulty perception. Everything I said had to be contested or challenged, like everything was war.

I also had friends who knew nothing about certain topics, but when I declared my interest in it, all of a sudden they were expert enough on the topic to try to discourage me, saying I would fail. But they had no first hand experience, while I had first hand experience. These friends just trying to discourage me from finding good. Also had friends who just had to disagree with whatever I said, no matter how valid it was, just so they could feel important.

I also had friends who did their best to keep their attractive female friends from going for me, by telling them things like, "he's weird."

And if I said I liked or disliked a certain kind of woman, still other "friends" would then issue shame onto me, just like MGTOW claim women do to them.

Then consider that many people aren't really friends anyway. First many people are just surface level people, but besides that, they are just drinking buddies who get together to drink alcohol.
mattyman
Junior Poster

Post by mattyman »

To OP

Firstly, I don't know what your friendship with the girl in question was like but I will not defend such behaviour. To me, it sounds like this 'friend' wasn't really much of a true friend in the beginning. The anecdotes you're sharing sound more like 'acquaintance' rather than 'friend'. Did you even hang out with her?

Even if you had a thing for her that's OK, most girls should know how to deal with that. If that's the case the way she behaved is not the right way she should have behaved. I simply don't know the situation enough to pass more than hypothesis.
mattyman
Junior Poster

Post by mattyman »

On the second topic in this post, the real meat that caught my eye
In America, if you are feeling sad, depressed, or down in the dumps, you will be harshly scolded, alienated, deliberately avoided, slandered, and even threatened. I'm sure even some of you remember being even threatened in an American school with detention for crying because someone hurt you, your favorite class was cancelled due to an assembly, early dismissal, fire drill, etc, or even because you enjoy school and the school year is over. American culture literally kicks, steps on, and tramples all over people that are down and depressed, all while the rest of society walks around with their noses pointing a full 90 degrees straight up in the air. In America, people are expected to live as hermits and be happy and joyful about it. America is a hermit culture. They find out you are truly depressed and down in the dumps, they don't try and comfort you themselves, nor do they offer to hang out with you, go to the movies, introduce you to people, and such. Instead, they put you on toxic, harmful drugs that do more harm than good. Or they tell you to look to God/Jesus as if He were Santa Claus.
This lack of relating to people who are feeling lonely really is astonishing, and something I'm curious about. Even someone like me who goes out of their way to try and see the other person's viewpoint still gets;
[*]the odd accusation of playing the victim
[*]told I'm a bad, unlikeable, inept, unattractive (insert negativity) etc. person
[*]that I have no right to be feeling the way I'm feeling and should accept my lot.
People even slander or treaten? That's just beyond the joke. It's quite shocking the lack of empathy people have, it's even more shocking that such ultra right-wing views are even acceptable. When the topic of loneliness comes up, people get more right wing than HItler.

Anyway, loneliness is a difficult topic to bring-up. One must be extremely careful not to let too much anger and resentment leak out. It's normal to see other people and things as responsible for our unhappy situation. Sadly, most people are too inept to acknowledge these feelings, or relate to similar experiences when they've felt the same. Talking about loneliness, specifically criticizing the environment, some people react as if you openly insulted them. People tend to jump to conclusions rather than stepping back and listening.

Peace
CardsFan1
Freshman Poster

Post by CardsFan1 »

I lost TWO 20 year friendships with two guys over Facebook butthurt and drama. Both are snowflakes. I couldn't believe it. Americans are ALL about ego. If you point out their hypocrisy (as I did with my friends), you're BLOCKED. Done. Over.
cheesesweat
Freshman Poster

Post by cheesesweat »

In my experience white people are the fakest friends, lovers and family. Extremely fickle, and will dump the relationship/friendship in a heartbeat if there is even the slightest issue they have with you. American “friends” are extremely temporary, ESPECIALLY with WHITE PEOPLE.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

BlueEverglades wrote:
February 14th, 2017, 5:51 pm
Wow I almost posted a thread like this. My best friend left me completely out of her life when I sent her a picture of my new improved teeth and overall change of looks. I noticed that she posted those typical "I prefer to be alone than be surrounded by fake people" posters in fb implying that I was a fake for wanting to look a little bit better. But she has changed hair color a million times before did whatever she wanted and not once has she ever been called fake by me or anyone. I kept losing friends after high school and now the count is zero without any real reason (no fights, no disagreements, nothing big) just plain old being left behind.

I have noticed this too with my friends from school. After I graduated from college I kept in touch with my friends for a few years and then they eventually drifted away and I never heard from them again. This is both my male and female friends from college, we were all very close and then the friendships eventually disappeared.

kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Friend? What is that? That's another thing about white people. White people don't have friends. See the nature of white people is to conquer. If you look at history. Therefore, white men only want other white men who can conquer with them. So a friend to a white person is just someone who can help them conquer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

BlueEverglades wrote:
I kept losing friends after high school and now the count is zero without any real reason (no fights, no disagreements, nothing big) just plain old being left behind.

Welcome to the United Lonely States of America! :roll:

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

BlueEverglades wrote:
I kept losing friends after high school and now the count is zero without any real reason (no fights, no disagreements, nothing big) just plain old being left behind.

So apparently even some women in America have a hard time making friends. And yes, America has a 'hermit culture' where people hide in their houses and don't socialize with other people.

Whenever they do surveys on the loneliest countries in the world, the Anglo countries are always at the top. Places like the Philippines and Thailand are always ranked at the top as far as friendliness goes.

The rates of depression and suicide are always highest in western countries. Welcome to life in the modern day world.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

BlueEverglades wrote:

America does have a "hermit culture" people don't talk to their neighbors or talk to strangers. A great deal of people in the USA are on medication for depression.

The United States should be called, "The United Lonely States of America."

kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Got money, power, or status? You'll have tons of friends. If you're just some average Joe....then good luck.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.