Latvia: Shortage of Men, Surplus of Women

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
wuxi
Freshman Poster

Latvia: Shortage of Men, Surplus of Women

Post by wuxi »

I thought this was interesting.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11493157
ssjparris
Junior Poster

Post by ssjparris »

you know what that means wuxi. hubba hubba. time for me and you to fly on over there. i love this comment from one of the ladies there.

"....There's nothing wrong with that... but just for the good balance you would want to have some more men to flirt or chat with. It's just more interesting," she laughs.

They actually enjoy flirting with men in public. This of course is a very good sign. i was even told that women there in eastern europe might end up being two to three women to one man in marriage. who knows. would really love that.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

The lonely ladies are in the 30-40 category. Same as in many other countries.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ssjparris
Junior Poster

Post by ssjparris »

Yeah i noticed that just recently from the article. there are more men between the ages 18-30 but WAY MORE WOMEN from 30-40. i am suprised these ladies look like they are all 18 when really they are in there 30's or more.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

The women there are almost all skinny and good looking.

I wonder why AFA doesn't hold have any romance tours to there?

They were very approachable when I was there. I should put up some clips on YouTube to show you. Well I already have a few. Here is a girl I met on the street and invited in for coffee. Her name was Laima, and I forget where the clip begins, so you'll just have to watch all of it.

Also look at how open and relaxed girls in Russia are with strangers. Unbelievable!

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
wuxi
Freshman Poster

Post by wuxi »

As a point of interest, half of the Latvian population is ethnicly russian. If your interested in russian women Latvia might be a worthwhile destination.
ssjparris
Junior Poster

Post by ssjparris »

OMG. HUBBA HUBBA ( boy i love using that phrase ). yes they are super duper hot women. I can tell they are very, very approachable. look at how relaxed they are around the men in the background. you just don't see relaxation here in usa around men from women. anyways, the latvian girls are just amazing looking.

nice thick thighs yum yum. :P

they sure do outnumber the men. its like two guys in the background picture.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

I have seen agencies that advertise "Latvian" women. To Americans these are Latvians, but in reality they are ethnic Russians who were sent there by Stalin to replace the indigenous population. Few if any ethnic Latvians like to deal with outsiders. Balts are basically off brand Scandinavians.

I lived in Latvia as a kid.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

ladislav wrote:I have seen agencies that advertise "Latvian" women. To Americans these are Latvians, but in reality they are ethnic Russians who were sent there by Stalin to replace the indigenous population. Few if any ethnic Latvians like to deal with outsiders. Balts are basically off brand Scandinavians.

When you say "Off-Brand" is that sort of like getting discount designer jeans? lol

Lativa is also on the US Visa Waiver Program list, which means no INS issue if you or her want to visit each other for one thing. For another you can completely side-step the INS. I should say not completely side step it, just that she could come here on a Visa free visit and you marry her here. She might have to go back for 180 days or something but I don't think a German lady friend I know did that, she just married him here, went back to tie up some loose ends back in Germany and then came back to be here permanently.

Maybe AFA doesn't go here because its apart of the EU and they are selling the dream of women who are locked behind Government policy that prevent wider access by Western Men. Its easier than ever to get into Ukraine but its still difficult to get a woman back to America. But I think that's mostly the economic status of Ukraine more than anything else.

AFA tours don't even go to Russia anymore since demand has gone way down. If men want to go to Eastern Europe, everybody is going to Ukraine. Eduard would argue that the chances of getting a woman that wasn't impacted by the MOB market in Ukraine is becoming less and less likely, which is why he likes using Russia.

I think all Slavic women are bit interchangeable. Some have slightly different ethnic mixes but the culture is nearly the same especially if they speak Russia by default.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

djfourmoney wrote:
ladislav wrote:I have seen agencies that advertise "Latvian" women. To Americans these are Latvians, but in reality they are ethnic Russians who were sent there by Stalin to replace the indigenous population. Few if any ethnic Latvians like to deal with outsiders. Balts are basically off brand Scandinavians.

When you say "Off-Brand" is that sort of like getting discount designer jeans? lol

Lativa is also on the US Visa Waiver Program list, which means no INS issue if you or her want to visit each other for one thing. For another you can completely side-step the INS. I should say not completely side step it, just that she could come here on a Visa free visit and you marry her here. She might have to go back for 180 days or something but I don't think a German lady friend I know did that, she just married him here, went back to tie up some loose ends back in Germany and then came back to be here permanently.

Maybe AFA doesn't go here because its apart of the EU and they are selling the dream of women who are locked behind Government policy that prevent wider access by Western Men. Its easier than ever to get into Ukraine but its still difficult to get a woman back to America. But I think that's mostly the economic status of Ukraine more than anything else.

AFA tours don't even go to Russia anymore since demand has gone way down. If men want to go to Eastern Europe, everybody is going to Ukraine. Eduard would argue that the chances of getting a woman that wasn't impacted by the MOB market in Ukraine is becoming less and less likely, which is why he likes using Russia.

I think all Slavic women are bit interchangeable. Some have slightly different ethnic mixes but the culture is nearly the same especially if they speak Russia by default.
That is a good point- the Balts are EU members so they can go to the US with no visa. However, make sure that the woman born in Latvia is a Latvian citizen and not a Russian citizen. The question is- how many of these Latvian citizens, whether pure Balts or Slavs are into US guys?

Off brand I mean- well they are very very much like Scandinavians but they are not known as such and people know little about them and do not take a Scandinavian vacation in the Baltics.

The Slavic women seems the "same" to American eyes, just like to them all Anglos are the same- Ozzie, Americans, Brits, etc.

Anglos would not see it that way, and they too would not see themselves as interchangeable.

The war in Yugoslavia in the 1990ies proved that while they look the same to you, they surely do not look the same to each other.

Also, have you noticed that there are almost no females from the Catholic part of Ukraine that advertise on dating sites? And it is a big part of the country. Them and the Orthodox Ukrainians have little in common. At least from their point of view.

And to a Japanese a Russian and a white Anglo American are 'the same'.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

ladislav wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:

That is a good point- the Balts are EU members so they can go to the US with no visa. However, make sure that the woman born in Latvia is a Latvian citizen and not a Russian citizen. The question is- how many of these Latvian citizens, whether pure Balts or Slavs are into US guys?

Off brand I mean- well they are very very much like Scandinavians but they are not known as such and people know little about them and do not take a Scandinavian vacation in the Baltics.

The Slavic women seems the "same" to American eyes, just like to them all Anglos are the same- Ozzie, Americans, Brits, etc.

Anglos would not see it that way, and they too would not see themselves as interchangeable.

The war in Yugoslavia in the 1990ies proved that while they look the same to you, they surely do not look the same to each other.

Also, have you noticed that there are almost no females from the Catholic part of Ukraine that advertise on dating sites? And it is a big part of the country. Them and the Orthodox Ukrainians have little in common. At least from their point of view.

And to a Japanese a Russian and a white Anglo American are 'the same'.
Great point and I understand where your coming from, I agree.

I'm not worried if Latvian women like American Men. Some have found US based web sites and put profiles up, so obviously some are interested. Most of the women I have seen are under 30 with a few over but not yet 40. If the news is correct about the man shortage (I hear its the same problem in Bulgaria as well) then there are some women that have likely noticed the shortage as well and are wondering if they should look beyond Latvia or even Scandinavia. You're right ethic Latvians usually have EU passports but ethic Russians do not. I saw something about the boarder crossing between Latvia and Russia and how its difficult even sisters have a time meeting each other. I think most of the women are going to from coastal cities Riga or Ventspils, at least all the profiles I found on a web site are from those cities.

I'm sure they are open to Western Men as long as you serious. I am serious and I would highly consider a woman from Latvia, less issues, just as attractive.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

From this photo here, it looks like there's a Latvian man shortage all right. lol

http://www.singledudetravel.com/2011/04 ... ga-latvia/

(I can't embed it cause the image URL is blocked.)
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
HungJoe
Freshman Poster

Post by HungJoe »

I don't think there is even one country in the world which has more young women than young men, unless perhaps temporarily during or after a major war.

When young Latvian women say "there is a lack of men" it means "there is a lack of good enough men because we are picky". (Well of course they have a right to be a little bit picky, but that's besides the point.)
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow look how friendly, feminine, innocent and UNAmericanized these Latvian girls are! They look so approachable without any of that "I'm too good for you" look that girls in America have. This is from a Latvian girl's Couchsurfing profile. I miss Latvia so much!

Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

These women may look 'approachable' but it doesn't mean they are desperate and easy to get in bed, they still have high standards