Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Dream Connections by Mark Davis - Is it a Scam or Honest?

Discussion for marriage-minded members seeking foreign brides for marriage and serious long-term relationships.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: Dream Connections and Mark Davis - Uncensored Discussion

Postby gsjackson » August 3rd, 2017, 5:03 pm

LFL wrote:
Winston wrote:You mentioned there is much misinformation on both sides. What is some of the misinformation on Mark's side? Can you be specific or elaborate?

Sure.

Obviously, we know certain testimonials are couples that met before Dream Connections, yet DC takes credit.

Two more are "screening" and that DC simply uses local marriage agencies to provide women for the socials.

The screening has been mentioned plenty on this site, and much of the cult still swears by DC claims, but I can add my own personal experience to the contrary. During my DC tour, I asked multiple women how they ended up at the event. The answer was that their agency had called them that morning. They had never met Anna Davis, Mark Davis or anyone else at Dream Connections until they arrived at the event. So, obviously this refutes the claim that these women are screened and also that Dream Connections has an exclusive database.

DC acknowledges that it's human nature that not all women show up for both days. But, when this happens, how can an event organizer still fill the room so the promotional photos and video show a room full of women ? The answer is that they use local agencies to make last minute calls for unscreened women. Ask any DC client if they remember a delay to the start of their event, especially the Sunday when more women have to be called. Of course, DC does not say which girls were not screened, because they claim all have been screened. Not only that, but Mark's coaching is that you don't have to screen the women and you can let your guard down. Well, that's a disgusting combination, in my eyes. The priority is on the full room of women for promotion and future events instead of the experience and protection of the current clients. I know multiple men from my event who were duped by a woman they met on the tour, and I know for sure that at least one of these women was one of the unscreened, last-minute girls.

Also, there are websites of the local marriage agencies which post their successful couples, the marriages. Sure enough, they are the same couples DC claims.

All of this sounds like grounds for a successful countersuit against Mr. Deep Pockets for fraud, if he sends his lawyers after you. Seen in that context, his litigiousness might result in a judgment or two leaving him with considerably shallower pockets.
gsjackson
Experienced Poster

Postby LFL » August 3rd, 2017, 7:17 pm

Winston wrote:You mentioned there is much misinformation on both sides. What is some of the misinformation on Mark's side? Can you be specific or elaborate?

My previous response left out the other side of the "both sides".

There was a claim earlier in this thread that 2000 men have been on a DC tour. That's just crazy. Dream Connections runs 5 tours a year in Ukraine, and before May 2014 they did not split the men into more than one group because they didn't have more than about 12. So, only in the last three years the tours have been in the upper teens to low twenties. That's about 100 guys a year. I remember a video where Mark took credit for multiple thousands of dates, which is likely where this crazy claim came from. It's very likely true that several thousand dates have been organized, easily. It's not unusual for a guy to have at least 8 to 10 dates during the tour. It's hard for me to guess how many dates the bottom end of this spectrum is for the least successful guys.

I have seen in this thread skepticism about the testimonials given by the guys during the week. These are 100% legit, they are not paid, the guys are voluntarily doing it. Keep in mind though, they are in the middle of a very exciting week where they are under the impression that multitudes of women are interested in them. It isn't until later, after the tour, and after the testimonials have been recorded, that reality sets in.

These are just a couple of things off the top of my head that I remember from this thread that were, ironically, unfairly critical or false on the flipside.
LFL
Freshman Poster

Postby Jinmichigan75 » August 14th, 2017, 4:07 am

I have appreciated this conversation. I like to hear more from LFL on how you started your process to find your wife. Did she speak any english?
Jinmichigan75
Freshman Poster

Postby LFL » August 15th, 2017, 2:12 pm

Jinmichigan75 wrote:I have appreciated this conversation. I like to hear more from LFL on how you started your process to find your wife. Did she speak any english?

After the Dream Connections tour, I learned that no matter what anybody says, you have to screen for yourself. Not only screening out women who aren't serious, or with intentions other than marriage, but you have to address the important issues head on. If children are involved, whether existing or future, are your parenting beliefs in line ? Does she have an active social life and you are a homebody ? Etc... This is not going to an event, falling in love, and living happily ever after. There are so many things that only come up later that can AND SHOULD affect your decision to continue the relationship. So, knowing this, I decided that it was not efficient to travel across the world to meet people for the first time, but it was much smarter to communicate online, do my screening before the significant investment of time, money, and emotion, and then arrange to meet in person. Of course, I don't suggest using any paid-website because this introduces an incentive which is not in line with your goal of finding a spouse. When you communicate on Viber or some other app (unless they ask for money), then you are narrowing down the women to those that might be more serious and also, you're not wasting $$$. Your investment into the process is the same as theirs and then you can judge their level of interest and sincerity.

When I first began to communicate with my wife, we spent many hours each day on Viber. She never asked for money. It was only about getting to know each other and what was important to us. Her english was very limited. She did not study English in school. We used whatever translator apps necessary.

I hope that gets you thinking about what's really involved in this process, because I think most don't realize the "down the road" issues until after mistakes are made, sometimes costly mistakes.
LFL
Freshman Poster

Postby geotek3 » August 15th, 2017, 10:47 pm

LFL wrote:
Jinmichigan75 wrote:I have appreciated this conversation. I like to hear more from LFL on how you started your process to find your wife. Did she speak any english?

After the Dream Connections tour, I learned that no matter what anybody says, you have to screen for yourself. Not only screening out women who aren't serious, or with intentions other than marriage, but you have to address the important issues head on. If children are involved, whether existing or future, are your parenting beliefs in line ? Does she have an active social life and you are a homebody ? Etc... This is not going to an event, falling in love, and living happily ever after. There are so many things that only come up later that can AND SHOULD affect your decision to continue the relationship. So, knowing this, I decided that it was not efficient to travel across the world to meet people for the first time, but it was much smarter to communicate online, do my screening before the significant investment of time, money, and emotion, and then arrange to meet in person. Of course, I don't suggest using any paid-website because this introduces an incentive which is not in line with your goal of finding a spouse. When you communicate on Viber or some other app (unless they ask for money), then you are narrowing down the women to those that might be more serious and also, you're not wasting $$$. Your investment into the process is the same as theirs and then you can judge their level of interest and sincerity.

When I first began to communicate with my wife, we spent many hours each day on Viber. She never asked for money. It was only about getting to know each other and what was important to us. Her english was very limited. She did not study English in school. We used whatever translator apps necessary.

I hope that gets you thinking about what's really involved in this process, because I think most don't realize the "down the road" issues until after mistakes are made, sometimes costly mistakes.

There are also translation services that can translate letters, but are not PPL, as both parties are free to communicate outside of the service. This can be useful when communicating with a women who wants to have deep conversations that translator apps can't handle. It's still much cheaper than a DC tour.
geotek3
Freshman Poster

Postby Jinmichigan75 » August 16th, 2017, 4:01 am

LFL wrote:

Thank you for the information. I think you make some really great points. I call it doing the math before you fall in love. Chemistry as mark says isn't everything. It can get a relationship going, but if the underlying math isn't right, things will fall apart in weeks or months.
Jinmichigan75
Freshman Poster

Postby Jinmichigan75 » August 16th, 2017, 4:04 am

What are some of those services if you happen to know off the top of your head? This is getting me excited, because I can now see how this can work unlike the very low percentage of marriages resulting from a DC tour.
Jinmichigan75
Freshman Poster

Postby Winston » August 25th, 2017, 10:19 am

LFL wrote:I know multiple men from my event who were duped by a woman they met on the tour, and I know for sure that at least one of these women was one of the unscreened, last-minute girls.

Thanks for your insights into the inner workings of DC tours LFL. Now you mentioned that several men on your tour were duped by women they met on the DC tour. Can you explain how exactly? Did they scam them or ask them for money? If so, wouldn't Mark just claim that was normal for the ladies to ask for money to get the men to show how much they love them by supporting them? (That's what he told Steve Neese I think) How were they deceptive?

Asking for money can be interpreted a number of ways, it doesn't prove that a lady is a scammer or insincere. Some people from the third world are just beggars and leechers and freeloaders, and they aren't ashamed of it, so they may ask, subtlely, for money or help. Or drop hints or use subtle manipulation to ask for a man's generosity. I've seen it many times and it's annoying and shameless.

Also, were these women from the local agencies that Mark used to fill up the vacant spots at the last minute?

Thanks.
Check out my video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Also see my HA Grand Ebook and Join Our Dating Sites to support us!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Updates on Mark Davis and Dream Connections

Postby Winston » August 25th, 2017, 10:50 am

Voyager1 wrote:His claim of no divorces is suspicious because the average divorce rate is 50% and maybe higher for foreign marriages.

Mark do you keep in regular contact with all your clients and all of them say they are still married? If that's true then that's astounding.

Mark says on video that DC couples have a zero percent divorce rate.

Check out my video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby LFL » August 25th, 2017, 2:46 pm

Winston wrote:
LFL wrote:I know multiple men from my event who were duped by a woman they met on the tour, and I know for sure that at least one of these women was one of the unscreened, last-minute girls.

Thanks for your insights into the inner workings of DC tours LFL. Now you mentioned that several men on your tour were duped by women they met on the DC tour. Can you explain how exactly? Did they scam them or ask them for money? If so, wouldn't Mark just claim that was normal for the ladies to ask for money to get the men to show how much they love them by supporting them? (That's what he told Steve Neese I think) How were they deceptive?

Asking for money can be interpreted a number of ways, it doesn't prove that a lady is a scammer or insincere. Some people from the third world are just beggars and leechers and freeloaders, and they aren't ashamed of it, so they may ask, subtlely, for money or help. Or drop hints or use subtle manipulation to ask for a man's generosity. I've seen it many times and it's annoying and shameless.

Also, were these women from the local agencies that Mark used to fill up the vacant spots at the last minute?

Thanks.

One guy "began a relationship" with someone who had a boyfriend. This lady was one of the last minute replacements. The sad irony is that according to Mark, he would consider this a success story, since this man thought he started a relationship on the tour. Without getting too deep into details of this man's personal story, he provided her money for several months to help her living expenses, and gifts for her son. He used vacation time from work to visit her, take her on trips, etc. Her friends, who had also attended DC events played along, knowing this lady had an existing relationship. I'm sure they all enjoyed themselves at his expense.

Another man who Mark considered a success story was led to believe a woman he met on the tour was much more interested in him than she really was. This woman also had a child and this man also bought gifts and provided support for them. It wasn't until months later that it was discovered she did not have interest in him. I do not remember meeting this woman, so I can't say whether she was a last minute replacement. She was not one of the ones specifically pointed out to me by the girl that told me she came last minute from the same agency as numerous other girls (that she pointed out).

One of these last minute replacements was actually a translator using the event to drum up business. She had no interest in marriage, certainly not moving across the world. She wanted to meet potential clients. This particular girl was not a DC translator, but I also know it is common for translators to attend these events for this reason, even if they are in a committed relationship with no intention of beginning a new relationship. DC translators have attended AFA tours for this reason also.

I can add one more "DC screened woman" that I met during my tour. I know someone who dated her and since I met her also, we talked. This man who dated her told me that she very aggressively implied interest in him and it wasn't long before she asked for money for rent. He denied her request. Interestingly, he did it politely, simply pointing out that it was much too early in the relationship for that, and he never heard from her again. It was quite clear she had one thing in mind. This woman continued to attend DC events, even though he notified DC about what happened. Of course, she then becomes part of another "success story" of a relationship began on a DC tour. This later man went so far as to become engaged, file the paperwork for the K1, incur the costs of all that, etc. Only at the very end, she backed out. Who knows how much time, emotion, money and energy this man put into this relationship, only to be heart-broken, and DC had already been told about this woman. The sad part is that unless this man reads this site and recognizes this story, he may not even know the back story. He probably thinks his relationship fell apart for innocent and honest reasons.

As far as the money question goes, a man has to judge the relationship as objectively as possible. You really can't judge based on "she never asked for money", so I know she's a good girl. People skilled in deception make you think their ideas are your ideas, and they especially are the ones to know how important it is to not "ask" for money.

I'd be interested to know what Mark told Steve Neese, but that's up to Steve to say. I don't think Mark has said it quite how you worded it in the quoted post, but probably more along the lines of if you're in a committed relationship, especially if you are engaged, then it's normal to help financially, which I agree with. If you are engaged, then you must already trust her. If you have doubts about her sincerity where it is a question in your mind about money, then you should NOT be engaged. My suggestion is that if you're engaged, and in the visa process, then perhaps it would be best for her to quit her job, you support her, and she can use the extra free time by spending as much time with family as possible and also doing whatever preparation for her new life is necessary, perhaps language learning.

Anyways, I hope that's helpful and answers your questions.
LFL
Freshman Poster

Re: Updates on Mark Davis and Dream Connections

Postby Winston » August 25th, 2017, 9:09 pm

LFL,
Well here is what Steve Neese said about it earlier in this thread, many pages back.

viewtopic.php?p=277886#p277886

steve55 wrote:Some things have come up lately, especially last night. She asked me for money to help support her while we are apart. My heart dropped into my stomach when I heard that. It's not about the money of course, it's about what it might mean in the sense that is my support ability the main driver in her attraction with me?

Anyways, I spoke to Mark about the asking for money thing and he said not to worry, that this is considered quite normal for a Ukraine girl to do once a guy gets serious with a girl with expectations of a potential marriage in the future. He said it shows the parents and family that this man will take care of her. But I never saw any videos or writings on the subject stating this. Was 100% unprepared to hear her ask me that. And Although from time to time, I've heard guys have foreign fiances in many countries ask or hint for some financial support, I have never encountered it in any of my past relationships that were at the serious stage of filing a k-1. None of my filipinas did that despite they may have needed it. Is this thing different in the Ukraine as compared to other countries? Totally bewildered and caught off guard with this one.

Lastly, when I met her, she said she only smokes a little from time to time. I told her I couldn't handle someone who smokes regularly . As I smoke 1-2 cigarettes a week (extremely light), I didn't mind so much when she told me that . In fact, I kind of think it's sexy when a girl smokes. But she has smoked 2 cigarettes each and every night with me. It's hard to imagine she somehow doesn't smoke at all during the day too. It's possible I suppose , but she smokes enough to smell cigarettish much of the time. So this is a bit of a concern also. Well, each day learning a little more about my partner, and some issues starting to occur that were not so well known at first .

As you can see, at first Mark told Steve that it was normal for your Ukrainian fiancee to ask for money and support. But later on in this thread, Steve reported that Mark changed his mind and said it was due to an error in the translation app, so it was all a misunderstanding, which implies that she never really asked him for money. Yeah right. That seems like a desperate cover up and cop out by Mark to try to protect the "scam free" image of his tours. Seems pretty obvious, especially since he flip flopped like that. I highly doubt if a woman asking for money can be misinterpreted. It's a pretty obvious statement. When someone is asking for something, it's pretty apparent and simple usually. Not something that can be misconstrued. But of course, it's not in Mark's interest to admit to such a thing.

To Steve Neese:

If you are reading this, can you update us on what happened with Victoria?

Also keep in mind that one action that is a red flag isn't necessarily a deal breaker, and needs to be seen in conjunction with all her other actions too. Ask yourself these questions:

1. Does she treat you with respect? Is she considerate of you and your needs? Do her little actions and behaviors, even trivial ones, reflect an attitude of consideration for your needs and well being?

2. Does she wipe your mouth with a napkin during dinner? Or wipe your forehead if it's sweating from heat and humidity? If so, then that shows some genuine affection and a caring attitude and is a good sign.

3. If you refuse her financial support and tell her that your relationship needs to deepen first, does she become cold and disinterested afterward? Or is she still warm and affectionate? If she loses interest after that, then that's a majorly big bad sign.

4. Is she a pure taker, or does she try to be a giver too? If she is totally self-absorbed and only cares about receiving things from others, and believes she doesn't need to give or do anything in return, and she acts like you live to serve her while she doesn't need to do anything for you, then she has a HORRIBLE personality and attitude. I've hate women like that and have met them unfortunately. They are terrible and without conscience or honor. All they do is take advantage of others and don't care nothing about you. Nothing good comes from such women.

5. Does she argue a lot about little things? Does she have a bad temper or an easygoing attitude? Ideally you don't want an argumentative woman who makes a fuss and needs to have everything go her way. You want an easygoing wife who will adapt to you and not sweat the small stuff. Women who sweat the small stuff are small minded and petty and will spell trouble in the future and are very detrimental to a man's peace of mind.

6. Does she enjoy drama? Does she thrive on conflict? Is she able to enjoy peace? If you don't argue after a while, does she start a senseless fight or argument because she needs drama to feel alive? If so, she is bad news. Ideally you want a wife who enjoys PEACE and does not thrive on conflict or drama.

7. Does she change her mind a lot and flip flop a lot? Does she contradict herself a lot, especially about frivolous things? If so, that's a bad sign of mental instability and of a fragmented personality too. That will be detrimental to your peace of mind too, and perhaps your sanity as well. So you definitely don't want that.

Also, if she hates peace and quiet and feels bored and restless a lot, then that's bad news too. Women who cannot stand peace and quiet tend to be shallow, artificial, small minded and overly extroverted. A woman who gets bored easily is unstable emotionally and empty inside and hence not someone you want to trust to be a good wife or partner.

All these things are important questions and issues to keep in mind. Hope this helps you evaluate whether a potential suitor will be a good wife and mate or not.

Winston
Site Admin

Postby snede » August 26th, 2017, 12:47 am

Having just gotten back from a DC tour last month, I'm actually happy that I went. It is extraordinarily well organized, which let me focus on the girls and just enjoying being there. I met more single women in two days than I've met here in the US in the last ten years. Not a lot of matches between who I was attracted to and who was attracted to me, but I am older and I am making my last attempt at having a family, something that will not happen in a Western country. Wound up meeting one woman I was interested in, but that has since fallen apart.
Will I try again? Probably, I may be able to afford a trip in November. Do I have high hopes? Not really, while age differences are less important in Ukraine, they do still matter.
Also, one of the guys I know had a woman ask for money on a date. The translator immediately reported it and that woman was gone. So, while Mark will recommend paying for English lessons, or even 10-20 Hryvnia to pay for a taxi home for the ladies, he does not recommend just giving them money.
I get that some people here want to vilify Dream Connections, but I'm certainly not one of them.
snede
Freshman Poster

Postby Winston » August 26th, 2017, 8:08 am

snede wrote:Having just gotten back from a DC tour last month, I'm actually happy that I went. It is extraordinarily well organized, which let me focus on the girls and just enjoying being there. I met more single women in two days than I've met here in the US in the last ten years. Not a lot of matches between who I was attracted to and who was attracted to me, but I am older and I am making my last attempt at having a family, something that will not happen in a Western country. Wound up meeting one woman I was interested in, but that has since fallen apart.
Will I try again? Probably, I may be able to afford a trip in November. Do I have high hopes? Not really, while age differences are less important in Ukraine, they do still matter.
Also, one of the guys I know had a woman ask for money on a date. The translator immediately reported it and that woman was gone. So, while Mark will recommend paying for English lessons, or even 10-20 Hryvnia to pay for a taxi home for the ladies, he does not recommend just giving them money.
I get that some people here want to vilify Dream Connections, but I'm certainly not one of them.

Glad you had fun there and enjoyed it. Sounds like you have the single person's dilemma too, which is that the women you want don't want you, and the ones that want you are not the ones that you want. It's a type of Murphy's Law that we all hope to try to break someday. But it's very common.

How were the quality of the women you met during the speed dating events? Were the events rushed or relaxed?

Also, will you be appearing in any of Mark's testimonial videos? How was your interaction with Mark? Was he kind, helpful and patient with you?

Well Mark told Steve once that if you are engaged, then it is normal to support the woman to show her that you are serious about her. But of course, any scammer can use that an a convenient excuse to get money from you and take advantage of such a cliche. However, Mark flip flopped and later claimed that it was a mistranslation on the translation app. (Yeah right) So I don't know if Mark really believes that or not.

What I don't get is why Mark and his screener doesn't just tell the ladies during the screening process to NEVER ask men for money? If he did that, it would weed out such women, you'd think.

Btw, if you want to try to find some Ukrainian or Russian women to correspond with to see if you can find a keeper, you can try my co-brand dating site here:

http://dating.happierabroad.com

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » August 26th, 2017, 8:13 am

Here's something interesting you all might not know:

Mark also takes credit for media appearances that are not his own, which is a form of misleading advertising. For example, he boasts on his site that he was on "The Today Show" on NBC with Matt Lauer. However, the fact is that while he was indeed on that show, he was brought there by AFA as a guest of theirs, to showcase his marriage to his wife Anna as a testimonial of the success of AFA. So he was on the show as an AFA testimonial, not due to any achievements by DC. In fact, DC didn't even exist yet when he was on that show. At the time, he was promoting AFA as one of their partners. And that's why, if you watch that show, you will see that AFA's president, John Adams, was on there with Mark, because John was the main guest, not Mark.

You can see all this for yourself by simply watching that interview on NBC's "The Today Show". Currently a copy of it is hosted on Vimeo here: https://vimeo.com/33095188 (Note: In case it ever gets taken down, do a search for it on YouTube or Google) However, in spite of this, Mark makes this misleading statement on his website:

http://www.dreamconnections.com/about-us

Since that first book was published in 2009 he and Anna have appeared on Dr. Phil, The TODAY Show, Women’s Entertainment Network, and conducted over 50 radio interviews.

As you can see, the above is worded in a way as to give the viewer the impression that Mark was invited on The Today Show due to his book. But in reality, he was there with John Adams, President of AFA, as his guest and testimonial. The things is, this kind of thing simply doesn't speak well of Mark's character.

Winston
Site Admin

Postby gsjackson » August 26th, 2017, 2:48 pm

Winston wrote:Here's something interesting you all might not know:

Mark also takes credit for media appearances that are not his own, which is a form of misleading advertising. For example, he boasts on his site that he was on "The Today Show" on NBC with Matt Lauer. However, the fact is that while he was indeed on that show, he was brought there by AFA as a guest of theirs, to showcase his marriage to his wife Anna as a testimonial of the success of AFA. So he was on the show as an AFA testimonial, not due to any achievements by DC. In fact, DC didn't even exist yet when he was on that show. At the time, he was promoting AFA as one of their partners. And that's why, if you watch that show, you will see that AFA's president, John Adams, was on there with Mark, because John was the main guest, not Mark.

You can see all this for yourself by simply watching that interview on NBC's "The Today Show". Currently a copy of it is hosted on Vimeo here: https://vimeo.com/33095188 (Note: In case it ever gets taken down, do a search for it on YouTube or Google) However, in spite of this, Mark makes this misleading statement on his website:

http://www.dreamconnections.com/about-us

Since that first book was published in 2009 he and Anna have appeared on Dr. Phil, The TODAY Show, Women’s Entertainment Network, and conducted over 50 radio interviews.

As you can see, the above is worded in a way as to give the viewer the impression that Mark was invited on The Today Show due to his book. But in reality, he was there with John Adams, President of AFA, as his guest and testimonial. The things is, this kind of thing simply doesn't speak well of Mark's character.

It's called the American character, and resume padding is not one of its more egregious features. I think I saw recently that around half of Americans out and out lie on their resumes. What Mark has written is tenuously related to the truth, and the broad point he is trying to make is that he has acquired a high profile in international dating, which is tenuously related to the truth. So, no biggie, IMO. One would be surprised to find such scrupulous attention to accuracy as you recommend in any American marketing.
gsjackson
Experienced Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Seeking Foreign Brides - Marriage Minded Only