How can one NOT be politically incorrect?

Discuss issues related to politics, government and law.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

How can one NOT be politically incorrect?

Post by publicduende »

So below is one of the usual, truthful if irreverent articles from the usual suspect Zero Hedge.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-10-2 ... er-harvard

Perfectly factual...
According to CNN, Delta is once again on the hunt for new flight attendants, and has roughly 1,000 open positions for 2018, although this year the competition is virtually unprecedented: so far, Delta has received more than 125,000 applications for this hiring round, which all else equal would result in an acceptance ratio of 0.8%. Note, we said "virtually unprecedented" because this year ratio of applicants to open positions is identical to last year, when 150,000 people applied for 1,200 flight attendant jobs, resulting in an identical, 0.8% acceptance ratio.
Then the smart comparison...
Putting this entire farcical process, which among other things demonstrates the true state of the US job market, Harvard's acceptance rate for the class of 2021 was 5.2%. In other words, it is 6.5x times (round it up) easier to enter Harvard than to get a job at Delta. As an attendant. And there is your jobs supply-demand reality in one snapshot.
The final, visual, statement is so obvious I didn't even have to scroll down to know it would be there.

P.S. it is somewhat easier to get the desired job if one fits the following physical parameters.

I guess most social justice warriors, vetero-feminists and neo-liberals your side of the pond would be jumping off their chairs on a closure like the above. After all, the statistics do not mention the likelihood of a minimum wage job that has, traditionally, always and forever, predicated on the decent look of a female face and body wrapped in a shapely outfit, being predicated on looks and looks alone. Safety expert...yeah, at $25,000 a year. Be my guest.

Perhaps it's because I have been long detached from Western culture (which I see from the highly distorting lens of the Filipino culture) or it's because I certainly have never lived in the US but...this is really what your job market has come to? And how can one still feel upset or scandalised about a hint of sexism when it's not only needed, but obvious??

I think the feminazis should be casting their attention to the somewhat larger problem of quality jobs for chest-impaired women, rather than blaming the boobilicious ones for having an unfair advantage.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: How can one NOT be politically incorrect?

Post by gsjackson »

I dunno. I think this is just a glib little nod to the past. I've flown quite a bit, and the "flight attendants" on most U.S. flights for at least the last 15-20 years are anything but attractive, and many are male (different story if you fly Serbian Air or Ukrainian Air). Stewardesses, as they were once called, did tend to be lookers in days gone by, but from what I've seen those days are long gone in the U.S.

Rest assured, the revenge of the ugly women is a very vibrant and powerful theme in American life right now. It is being exacted.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

gsjackson wrote:I dunno. I think this is just a glib little nod to the past. I've flown quite a bit, and the "flight attendants" on most U.S. flights for at least the last 15-20 years are anything but attractive, and many are male (different story if you fly Serbian Air or Ukrainian Air). Stewardesses, as they were once called, did tend to be lookers in days gone by, but from what I've seen those days are long gone in the U.S.

Rest assured, the revenge of the ugly women is a very vibrant and powerful theme in American life right now. It is being exacted.
Stewardesses on airlines in the Anglosphere do indeed seem to be monstrously ugly in the main. I just don't see how this can be justified when everyone knows this is driving away business. I'm sure the Jews are somehow responsible.
Pz5
Freshman Poster

Post by Pz5 »

"According to CNN"

That phrase automatically means there will be some political agenda being pushed.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

I have only been on flights operated by US airlines on domestic (inter-city) routes. Seattle, Boston, routes like that. I do remember the stewardess on one flight - she wasn't too nasty but not a looker either. She was chubby and did sound slightly clueless.