Korean students forced to date

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Korean students forced to date

Post by Cornfed »

Instead of ending the scourge of feminism, Korean universities have come up with a retarded scheme to combat low birthrates by forcing students to date each other, as if this is going to have any effect when your females are all sluts married to the government.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/88 ... riage-rate
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Korean students forced to date

Post by Yohan »

Such stupid ideas are coming up also in Japan, but a lot of men don't care - they don't have enough money even for themselves, and not to talk about how to please (=pay) a South Korean woman, who is often very materialistic orientated. South Korea is the no. 1 importer of foreign women, it's not the fault of the men in South Korea if the social dating scene is broken.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Problem with South Korea and Japan is that it's combination of lack of economics that makes it harder to find a decent job and cost of raising of family which is why the men in those countries delay or don't get married. At the same time the women in those countries are becoming allot more feminist and spoiled.

And also there are more men in those countries. Just like China there was a generation of parents that prefer sons and would abort female fetuses. From what I know there are 10% more Korean men in South Korea...

the social loser are the ones that marry international from poor countries like the Philippines. You rarely hear about Korean men marrying a white girl but it does happen with occasionally Russian girls but it's rare.

Bottom line is that dating is hard over there for the local men. For expats it depends. If your young and good looking because of being different you might have some advantage but it's not gimme.

Korean women are becoming more and more independent and pickier.
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

'Forcing' youth to enter relationships, or giving benefits / incentives for starting families, is pointless when the greater culture of developed NE Asia and Singapore is so geared towards careerism and so-called self-improvement / actualization. Add high living costs into the mix, starting a family simply becomes less viable. This is especially the case in Japan and South Korea where men are expected to make all of the income.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

'Forcing' youth to enter relationships, or giving benefits / incentives for starting families, is pointless when the greater culture of developed NE Asia and Singapore is so geared towards careerism and so-called self-improvement / actualization. Add high living costs into the mix, starting a family simply becomes less viable. This is especially the case in Japan and South Korea where men are expected to make all of the income.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

If the governments of these states truly want a resurgence of romance and family values, they need to make the lives of their youth much easier. Of course they wouldn't do that because it would mean decreased 'productivity' and less slaves for the socioeconomic elite.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Bao3niang wrote:
January 3rd, 2018, 6:05 pm
If the governments of these states truly want a resurgence of romance and family values, they need to make the lives of their youth much easier.
No, they just need to take females’ so-called rights away. No welfare except through a husband, no college, no work beyond minimum wage, no abortions or birth control etc. and no voting and participating in public affairs which facilitate the rest. Then the marriage and birth rate would skyrocket.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Cornfed wrote:
January 3rd, 2018, 6:18 pm
Bao3niang wrote:
January 3rd, 2018, 6:05 pm
If the governments of these states truly want a resurgence of romance and family values, they need to make the lives of their youth much easier.
No, they just need to take females’ so-called rights away. No welfare except through a husband, no college, no work beyond minimum wage, no abortions or birth control etc. and no voting and participating in public affairs which facilitate the rest. Then the marriage and birth rate would skyrocket.
I don't necessarily agree with the full list, but you did forget: NO smartphones.

But it's more than feminism. Koreans are just complete social imbeciles, incapable of talking to or even looking at strangers unless forced to. And they seem completely asexual as well (everything on their shows is a lie) thus the birth rate.
While in the west sluts get pregnant all the time and don't even know who the fathers are, Korean ultra conservatism is laudable, to a point. They seem to think pregnancy happens by holding hands lol.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

chanta76 wrote:
December 27th, 2017, 10:18 pm
Problem with South Korea and Japan is that it's combination of lack of economics that makes it harder to find a decent job and cost of raising of family which is why the men in those countries delay or don't get married. At the same time the women in those countries are becoming allot more feminist and spoiled.

And also there are more men in those countries. Just like China there was a generation of parents that prefer sons and would abort female fetuses. From what I know there are 10% more Korean men in South Korea...
This is not really correct.
South Korea has about 52 million people.

In South Korea there are - up to the age of 65 - only about 1.5 million more men than women.

Age of 65+ there are more than 1 million women than men, because women live much longer than men and there is still a difference because of the Korean War 1950 - 1953.

-----

In Japan the ratio men:women is almost 1:1, however there are many more men in rural areas and many more women in the cities.
In Japan there are some small villages in remote areas known where the men are all Japanese, but the wives are 90 percent foreign from China, Korea, Vietnam....

-----

Unlike China and India, to my knowledge Japan and Korea as its former colony never had any policy about giving preference to a son resulting in killing a daughter after birth.

'Useless' female children were given away, either sold to a brothel or in case of debt given to the landlord as maids etc. instead of payment or something like that.

-----

However it is true that neither Japan nor South Korea are easy countries for a Western foreign man to look for a wife.
It is more the opposite, South Korean and Japanese man are often looking out for a foreign wife, usually from elsewhere in Asia.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Yohan,

Back in the 80's even up to the 90's they would abort female babies for preference for sons. Is it as bad as China ? No. But for the young generation there is 10% more men than females. In a way just like China this forces some Korean men to lose out. I have family telling me this in South Korea and read it from Korean news articles.

I hear that Japan has this too but since you lived there longer you might know better but overall in Asia they do prefer sons but it maybe changing with the next generation.

I don't know if I agree that South Korea or Japan is hard country for a foreign men to find a wife or girl friend. It's not as easy as the Philippines or even thialand.
But both South Korea and Japan has a sub culture of local Asian women that want foreign men but there is catch. It's prefer if your young looking and some what attractive . So yeah in those countires the older expats would not do well.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

chanta76 wrote:
January 4th, 2018, 3:52 pm
Yohan,

Back in the 80's even up to the 90's they would abort female babies for preference for sons. Is it as bad as China ? No. But for the young generation there is 10% more men than females. In a way just like China this forces some Korean men to lose out. I have family telling me this in South Korea and read it from Korean news articles.
In the school I taught in the girls classes were an average size of about 37. Boys classes were an average size of about 42. So if that is representative the percentage disparity would be roughly 13%.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Age structure: 0-14 years: 13.45% (male 3,535,137/female 3,315,510)
15-24 years: 13.08% (male 3,515,779/female 3,146,084)
25-54 years: 45.93% (male 12,008,399/female 11,379,261)
55-64 years: 14.01% (male 3,521,569/female 3,611,481)
65 years and over: 13.53% (male 2,918,156/female 3,972,796) (2016 est.)

@chanta76
You are right - the ration men:women is rather bad among younger adult people in South Korea. Up to 9 percent or so. Too many men.
It would be interesting to compare that with North Korea.

The ratio of men : women is indeed much better in Japan. I was not really so aware of that.

We never had such a situation in Japan as in China or India, but ratio of men : women in rural area : city is bad here.
Almost no young women outside of the large cities in Japan.

Here in Japan, there was never any policy about killing newborn girls, never heard something like that, never saw a reference about that.

Women were always considered as useful for doing simple work while keeping them otherwise uneducated, for example in factories, in the fields, as maids for cleaning, doing some work in restaurants, sewing, and so on. Of course also in prostitution, also for the military. Up to 1860 there were no public schools for girls in Japan. Less than 10 to 15 percent of all women at that time got some education in their home.

Only women of the upper class got some education by private teachers. Full education for women was starting about 1952 in Japan, forced more or less by the USA.

Legally seen, in the past minor-age daughters of any age, if their present was not useful or welcome any longer in their lower class family, could be given away for bounded labor to regulate debts, or even sold into brothels, or could be forced to marry some man or become a second wife etc.

-----

Nowadays the situation is legally different of course, but parents who do not want to take care of their children and want them gone and away from them do exist in Japan.

Now they are not sold any longer, but sent to children's homes. Presently there are about 30.000 children in Japanese homes, but the ratio boys : girls up to 18 y/o is indeed about 1 :1. About foreigners, yes, I was visiting such homes and about 20 percent of these abandoned children are 50/50 foreign or even clearly foreign/non-Japanese. - Some are from US soldiers in Japan, others are Chinese, Filipinas etc...
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

chanta76 wrote:
January 4th, 2018, 3:52 pm
Yohan,
I don't know if I agree that South Korea or Japan is hard country for a foreign men to find a wife or girl friend. It's not as easy as the Philippines or even Thailand.
But both South Korea and Japan has a sub culture of local Asian women that want foreign men but there is catch. It's prefer if your young looking and some what attractive . So yeah in those countries the older expats would not do well.
Such a relationship - young attractive white man + young Japanese/Korean girl - I think, will not last very long.
Such women are the typical partygirl etc. Stay with him a while and gone again...

Japan is not really a place inviting Western foreign men to live here. It's not about women as there are other issues to consider, like job and income, visa, language etc.

About myself, very few from Europe are living here with a Japanese family.

Most foreigners here are Asians - from Korea, China (incl. Taiwan), Philippines, Vietnam, and Brazilians of Japanese ancestry and some from USA, but they too are often Asian-Americans.
AkitaMan
Freshman Poster

Post by AkitaMan »

The article doesn't mention one crucial point: whether the course is mandatory. According to some article comments elsewhere, the course is optional. So a female professor started an optional course for students who want help with dating skills, and another university decided to offer a similar optional course. Nobody is being forced to date.