New personalized Expat Relocation Service! (by Johnny1975)

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Winston
Site Admin

New personalized Expat Relocation Service! (by Johnny1975)

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
Check this out. Johnny1975 is now running an expat relocation service to help you find your ideal personalized HA location. You fill out a questionnaire and submit it to him and based on your needs and criteria, he finds your ideal HA location for a 97 dollar fee. Here are the details on his website below.

http://lierelocate.weebly.com/

His video promo about it.

Also if you have a website or blog, you can join his affiliate program here:

https://lierelocateaffiliates.weebly.com

What do you guys think? If you have any questions, you can post them here or PM them to @Johnny1975 directly.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Re: New online service to find your personalized HA location! (by Johnny1975)

Post by xiongmao »

A nice idea, but will anyone pay for this?

Also the URL is a bit wierd - LIE RELOCATE.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Not worth the money, better do some internet research by yourself.
There is plenty information available and totally for free.
Nailer
Freshman Poster

Post by Nailer »

Starting price is way to high for anyone to be interested in something totally unproven.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Yohan wrote:
January 2nd, 2018, 8:50 am
Not worth the money, better do some internet research by yourself.
There is plenty information available and totally for free.
That's a legitimate point of view. However not everyone would feel the same. Personally I would pay for such a service depending on the price, and I'd be very curious to know what the result would be, but I'd probably give it some thought first, because I can do the research myself. Then again, that's the point. I don't mind doing the research, hence my willingness to do this, but I think there are people who either aren't very good at research, or don't have the time, or simply can't be bothered. It's like a plumber being good at plumbing and being willing to do the work, as opposed to the person who hires him. The plumber makes what is in his mind easy-ish money, because he's doing something that he's good at.

As for the price, well, $97 is quite a lot of money, but then again, it comes back to the question of value. I think even $297 would be a reasonable enough price for some.

I'm aware that the URL is not ideal. LIE relocate. But it was either that or locationindependentexpatrelocate. I wanted to keep it short and snappy. But really I don't think it's a problem. I'm not going to worry about it.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

I kind of like the video and the concept of making other cities look enticing with photos, but I think you can do even better in that regard. I'm currently traveling through Spain -- Madrid, Seville, Granada, Cordoba and Valencia -- and some of the cityscapes I'm getting here with a little smart phone are amazing. I think cityscape photos taken at night can make the place appear even more inviting. Spain is a motherlode for such photos, but no need to travel. Stock photo services are available for just about any place.

Hard to say about the price point. Seems high, but you are going for a demographic well-heeled enough to consider relocating.
LFL
Freshman Poster

Post by LFL »

Nailer wrote:
January 2nd, 2018, 8:58 am
Starting price is way to high for anyone to be interested in something totally unproven.
Basically this. What are your credentials in this area ? It's one thing to put up a website to sell a product that does a certain thing, which is easy to understand the value. But a service is different. How does anyone know it's not some 8 year old who is just spitting out locations ? It seems the only way to validate whether the result is useful is to ... do research themselves to compare ?
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

The first thing I noticed was the URL with "weebly" present. If you're selling a product/service, you should be able to afford a personal domain which costs next to nothing and not be cutting corners by using someone else's for free. Because of this, your service could come across as unprofessional, cheap and tacky.

It's a decent idea though but you need to take into account the hefty price tag and that somebody else could steal your brainchild and charge far less for this service.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Johnny1975,
I agree with the posters here that your website URL should be shorter and not something with the word "lie" in it. Is that supposed to be reverse psychology? Generally the most serious and successful websites have only one or two words in their domain name, so that it's easy to remember. If I were you, I'd simplify my domain name to something short and catchy. And not have too many words in your title either, like "location independent expat relocate". It's too many words to remember. Successful sites and businesses always use short catchy phrases and titles and slogans. You should consider that.

Also I agree that you should get your own domain name and not use weebly. You can get a domain name for free at zettahost.com I heard. Or one for really cheap on Bluehost. But make sure your domain name is short and easy to remember.

Btw, in your guinea pig thread, didn't you do some sample reports for some members here? If so, you can provide some sample reports maybe? I mean your thread here:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36467
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

No Winston, you can't get the domain name for free at Zettahost. What you can get is the hosting for free if your traffic is not too much and you don't require too much disk space. You can purchase a .com domain from Zettahost for $16/yr.

If you require a lot of disk space and anticipate high traffic then Zettahost has hosting plans starting at $24/yr for unlimited space and traffic.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ok then well 16 dollars a year is pretty much the same as free. So there's no reason not to have your own domain name if you're running an online business or service. What's the link to zettahost again? Post it here so he can consider the offer.

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

It should go without saying that this whole idea is stupid.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Cornfed wrote:
January 3rd, 2018, 8:50 pm
I'm a moron.
Yes, you are.
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

Winston wrote:
January 3rd, 2018, 11:30 am
I agree with the posters here that your website URL should be shorter and not something with the word "lie" in it. Is that supposed to be reverse psychology? Generally the most serious and successful websites have only one or two words in their domain name, so that it's easy to remember. If I were you, I'd simplify my domain name to something short and catchy. And not have too many words in your title either, like "location independent expat relocate". It's too many words to remember. Successful sites and businesses always use short catchy phrases and titles and slogans. You should consider that.
I agree with Winston here. The guy needs to consider a better name for his business.

Location Independent Expat Relocate

It sounds like some government bureaucratic agency and the acronym is L.I.E.R.

Wow! Not very good. Choose something short and catchy. I am not going to brainstorm here with you but someone in this business should be able to come up with something. For example, Mark Davis' company was initially European Dream Connections, but then someone criticised him because it sounded too similar to an existing company at the time "European Connections" so he shorted it to Dream Connections.
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

I "brainstormed" and came up with some ideas for his business name:

Expat Relocate
Expat Relocator
Expat Relocation Services, Inc.
Relocate Me
Expat Transfer
Expat Expedition

Wow! That last one sounds good. Johnny you need to think outside the box in order to come up with a name that sounds good for your business. If you use any of these you should let me use the service for free (one time) and I will give you feedback of your service.