Doctor House: How I Stopped Worrying and Learned to Love the West

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Doctor House: How I Stopped Worrying and Learned to Love the West

Post by MrMan »

HouseMD wrote:
January 11th, 2018, 3:58 am
Oh I'm quite the pharma skeptic myself. I have a real hate for the new blood pressure guidelines and really push to keep my patients on as few medications as possible. I'm also pretty well versed in alternative medicine, but I only use the stuff that is well studied and works- melatonin, St. John's Wort, lavender, valerian root etc. I avoid pain killers like the plague, as their use is more an effect of the American mentality that we should never feel pain or suffer than they are a thing people need (chronic pain is highly cultural). Sleeping meds are another one I'm very reluctant to toss out to people. I could talk for hours about my issues and agreements with medicine though, I won't bore you here.
Is melatonin just for jet lag and people who can't sleep?

You say you are against pain killers. Which ones? Is taking Tylenol or Ibuprofin a bad thing?

I got a minor injury on my shin, and some vericose veins developed in the area. The nurse practicioner treating me, a guy btw, back when I was a poor grad student said if I was prone to vericose veins, baby aspirin might be a good thing for me. My blood pressure is always on the low side of normal whenever I get it checked. What do you think about baby aspirin either for people with cardiovascular problems, or just people of a certain age in general? Is it close enough ot a natural substance to not be a big deal?

Btw, what are the new blood pressure guidelines?
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Sometimes people really should keep some things to themselves. There's no need for a man to go around bragging. There's also no need for explicit details of bedroom activity. There's also no need for men to make new threads to announce their departure.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Adama wrote:
January 11th, 2018, 6:12 pm
Sometimes people really should keep some things to themselves. There's no need for a man to go around bragging. There's also no need for explicit details of bedroom activity. There's also no need for men to make new threads to announce their departure.
I'm trying to offer hope. Three only thing that makes it feel like bragging is your own insecurities.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

HouseMD wrote:
January 11th, 2018, 6:23 pm
Adama wrote:
I'm trying to offer hope. Three only thing that makes it feel like bragging is your own insecurities.
Personally I find much of your commentary to be vile. You think you are having some awesome life, but in reality you are only testifying against yourself.

And perhaps a man who has said that he is leaving should actually leave.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Adama wrote:
January 11th, 2018, 6:28 pm
HouseMD wrote:
Adama wrote:
Personally I find much of your commentary to be vile. You think you are having some awesome life, but in reality you are only testifying against yourself.

If I don't sin, what did Jesus die for?

And I'm just saying my goodbyes. Usually you're on ignore, but I'm looking at your posts so I can say my farewell properly
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

HouseMD wrote:
January 11th, 2018, 6:32 pm
Adama wrote:
HouseMD wrote:
Adama wrote:

And I'm just saying my goodbyes. Usually you're on ignore, but I'm looking at your posts so I can say my farewell properly
First, I'd be careful. Lots of people who believe their sins are covered have actually believed in vain. And also, lots of people who continue in sin will die early for that sin.

Sin brings people to death and destruction. Covered or not, there's still punishment.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Adama wrote:
January 11th, 2018, 6:35 pm
HouseMD wrote:
January 11th, 2018, 6:32 pm
Adama wrote:
HouseMD wrote:
Adama wrote:

First, I'd be careful. Lots of people who believe their sins are covered have actually believed in vain. And also, lots of people who continue in sin will die early for that sin.

Sin brings people to death and destruction. Covered or not, there's still punishment.
All men die, I'm trying to live until that day. And destruction, well, that's a wonderful way to go.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Personally I don't care what you do. All I ever said was, there's no reason to go around telling other men about it. Neither is there a reason to even mention it. Some people should keep their bedroom activity to themselves. This comes across as bragging. We do not need to know what you do with women.

And also, we all know the things that are possible to do with women in the bedroom. This is not hope in any form.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Adama wrote:
January 11th, 2018, 6:43 pm
Personally I don't care what you do. All I ever said was, there's no reason to go around telling other men about it. Neither is there a reason to even mention it. Some people should keep their bedroom activity to themselves. This comes across as bragging. We do not need to know what you do with women.

And also, we all know the things that are possible to do with women in the bedroom. This is not hope in any form.
I'd never look at it that way, you clearly have an eye for envy and jealousy.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

HouseMD wrote:
January 11th, 2018, 6:47 pm
Adama wrote:
January 11th, 2018, 6:43 pm

I'd never look at it that way, you clearly have an eye for envy and jealousy.
A man should keep details to himself.

Does God write explicitly about certain activity in the Bible? He says, Adam "knew" Eve. He doesn't even go into detail.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

gsjackson wrote:
January 11th, 2018, 1:37 am
I predict House will be back when it's universally acknowledged that the earth is flat and you are the last globalist hold out. We'll brandish his credentials and intellectual honesty as we drag you kicking and screaming into the light. Give it a couple years.
Nice lol
Yeah, once I'm put on that rack i will have no option but to "confess". It would be more exemplary though if you guys manage to throw me over the "edge".
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

HouseMD wrote:and I'll no doubt have foreign exploits in the future (looking to Japan next, I hear I'm huge there in more ways than one) but for now, America is pretty wonderful.
And don't lose your humility doc, that's what we love about you. We wouldn't want you to become self-aggrandizing do we.
Remember also we have to meet with Winston in Taiwan and Seoul, so you can display how those women flock at you by the mere power of your sleep.

But seriously, +1 for traveling.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

droid wrote:
January 11th, 2018, 9:23 pm
HouseMD wrote:and I'll no doubt have foreign exploits in the future (looking to Japan next, I hear I'm huge there in more ways than one) but for now, America is pretty wonderful.
And don't lose your humility doc, that's what we love about you. We wouldn't want you to become self-aggrandizing do we.
Remember also we have to meet with Winston in Taiwan and Seoul, so you can display how those women flock at you by the mere power of your sleep.

But seriously, +1 for traveling.
I worry Winston would wreck my game, but I'll gladly meet for drinks or whatever if I'm around at some point. I'm going to be traveling with a few companions so booking it off to Taiwan isn't in the cards this trip
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

gsjackson wrote:
HouseMD wrote:
January 10th, 2018, 6:59 pm
fschmidt wrote:
January 10th, 2018, 6:53 pm
A more appropriate title might be "How I Stopped Worrying and Learned to Love Satan".
Your words call me evil, but your heart knows it's sour grapes disguised as self-righteousness.
I think you greatly overestimate the universality of the appeal of what until quite recently were regarded as sexual perversions. Threesomes, anal sex, etc. certainly existed before, but they were not something anyone expressed a desire for when I was growing up. They essentially became a thing just two or three decades ago with some gdamned movie or another, Porky's or some such. Just routine Hollywood cultural dissolution, and certainly of a piece with the cultural pathologies that produced a fear of genuine one-on-one, face-to-face intimacy between one man and one woman. They went hand in hand, and it was easy to see them feed off of each other as the years passed.

Never did anything for me. Any woman I was interested in who expressed an interest in such proclivities would be out the door. Total deal breaker, even more than tattoos, mainly because I know she is a slave to the pop culture and has avoidance issues when it comes to real intimacy.

Bon voyage if this is your last hurrah -- droid is sometimes right in his predictions of return. I appreciate all the free medical advice you've passed along here. I don't always agree with the official story (and am scared shitless by the current uber-pharma regime), but it's always good to know and sometimes right.

Droid -- I predict House will be back when it's universally acknowledged that the earth is flat and you are the last globalist hold out. We'll brandish his credentials and intellectual honesty as we drag you kicking and screaming into the light. Give it a couple years.

"Cultural pathologies" and women who are "a slave to pop culture". Well, that rules out the vast majority of American women then...some twenty years ago, what really struck me about the Italian girls I met from a rural area of Italy was how they would look me right in the eye when they talked to me...Of course, I now know that so many girls have very good reason for not wanting to look you in the eye.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

gsjackson wrote:
HouseMD wrote:
January 10th, 2018, 6:59 pm
fschmidt wrote:
January 10th, 2018, 6:53 pm
A more appropriate title might be "How I Stopped Worrying and Learned to Love Satan".
Your words call me evil, but your heart knows it's sour grapes disguised as self-righteousness.
I think you greatly overestimate the universality of the appeal of what until quite recently were regarded as sexual perversions. Threesomes, anal sex, etc. certainly existed before, but they were not something anyone expressed a desire for when I was growing up. They essentially became a thing just two or three decades ago with some gdamned movie or another, Porky's or some such. Just routine Hollywood cultural dissolution, and certainly of a piece with the cultural pathologies that produced a fear of genuine one-on-one, face-to-face intimacy between one man and one woman. They went hand in hand, and it was easy to see them feed off of each other as the years passed.

Never did anything for me. Any woman I was interested in who expressed an interest in such proclivities would be out the door. Total deal breaker, even more than tattoos, mainly because I know she is a slave to the pop culture and has avoidance issues when it comes to real intimacy.

Bon voyage if this is your last hurrah -- droid is sometimes right in his predictions of return. I appreciate all the free medical advice you've passed along here. I don't always agree with the official story (and am scared shitless by the current uber-pharma regime), but it's always good to know and sometimes right.

Droid -- I predict House will be back when it's universally acknowledged that the earth is flat and you are the last globalist hold out. We'll brandish his credentials and intellectual honesty as we drag you kicking and screaming into the light. Give it a couple years.

"Cultural pathologies" and women who are "a slave to pop culture". Well, that rules out the vast majority of American women then...some twenty years ago, what really struck me about the Italian girls I met from a rural area of Italy was how they would look me right in the eye when they talked to me...Of course, I now know that so many girls have very good reason for not wanting to look you in the eye.