Ask Winston Q&A: Post questions for Winston here

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Ask Winston: Post questions for Winston here

Post by Winston »

starchild5 wrote:I agree about the soul vibe of the country very much. Happened to me in Philippines and Germany/Europe travel. In few hours to days, i found out Philippines was for me and Germany/Europe not. A country can indeed reject or accept you. Different countries have different soul vibes.
Yes but also keep in mind that just because a country's soul group accepts you or welcomes you, doesn't mean you belong there forever. Sometimes, the welcome is just temporary, such as a few months or a year. Then after that, you seem to have worn out your welcome, as if people seem tired of you. Even new people you meet seem to be "tired of you" as if they know you've been there too long. One carries a certain vibe when they're new that others can pick up on. Also, it could also be that once your karma or lessons in a country run out, you are meant to go elsewhere to continue on your journey, so the universe may give you signs that it's time to go somewhere else as well.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

USA_luxury_prison
Freshman Poster

Post by USA_luxury_prison »

Winston wrote:Hi USA luxury prison,
Yes I'm sure he will. If he misses it, I'll just let him know where to find your question. You can address a question to him in one of your intro threads too, where I think you posted some similar questions. Or post in one of the topics in the Work Overseas board. For now, you can use the podcast thread.

I can't tell you what your right path is, because no man can know another man's destiny, no matter how wise or arrogant he is. I'm not one of those know-it-all types who likes to tell others what to do with their life about every little thing. Wise people try to stay humble, so the universe reveals more to them. Arrogant ones are the ones that look foolish in the end.

But yeah I understand you feel. Most of us do I'm sure. Your soul doesn't fit into America and all it's artificiality, toxicity and meaninglessness. Life in America seems meaningless and pointless. You work hard for NOTHING essentially. There's no love or connection or true friendship, and nothing to live for except making money and consumerism. In short, you aren't validated, and neither are your feelings, emotions and soul. That's definitely not a good feeling. And the social environment feels lonely and isolating. People are paranoid and avoid others and keep their distance from others. None of this is natural but you are told that it's normal, thus what America tells you and what you feel are at odds with each other. It's constant INNER CONFLICT in America, over and over and over again. You know what I mean? It all makes your soul sick. So as you say in your username, the US is a "luxury prison" alright.

So I guess your destiny may be to live abroad too, it seems. Have you seen my Happier Abroad checklist? Does most of it apply to you?

http://www.happierabroad.com/checklist.htm

Also you could definitely use our ebook "Expatriation Apocalypse" that I told you about. It's only a few dollars and will answer a lot of your questions. The author wrote a blog post introducing it too.

http://blog.happierabroad.com/2015/07/3 ... -read.html

Hope all this helps.
Ok, thanks. I will post a question on that podcast thread for him then.

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. I guess deep down inside each person knows what he/she truly wants and if he/she wants it badly enough then he/she will find a way to get it.

Yeah, I definitely know what you mean. No wonder so many people are stressed out but feel they have no other choice but to man up and tough it out. Your site is a life saver and gives us hope that there is an alternative to living here in this hellhole. Thanks for creating this site, all I need to do now is act before its too late.

I feel like my destiny really is to live abroad even though I don't have any relatives abroad. And yeah most of the things on your checklist apply to me. Especially this one: "You do not "live to work" like most Americans but "work to live" and are not a workaholic. You live to enjoy life, and to have adventures and rich experiences." But isn't working to make ends meet the same everywhere even abroad? I mean without a job you can't put food on the table. Or do people abroad work much less than in the US? Could you elaborate on working in the US vs working abroad and the differences between them if you don't mind?

And yeah, I will definitely buy that ebook.

Thanks so much. Hope you don't get tired of so many questions by so many people.lol
"America is fun"

~USA_luxury_prison
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

USA_luxury_prison wrote:
Winston wrote:Hi USA luxury prison,
Yes I'm sure he will. If he misses it, I'll just let him know where to find your question. You can address a question to him in one of your intro threads too, where I think you posted some similar questions. Or post in one of the topics in the Work Overseas board. For now, you can use the podcast thread.

I can't tell you what your right path is, because no man can know another man's destiny, no matter how wise or arrogant he is. I'm not one of those know-it-all types who likes to tell others what to do with their life about every little thing. Wise people try to stay humble, so the universe reveals more to them. Arrogant ones are the ones that look foolish in the end.

But yeah I understand you feel. Most of us do I'm sure. Your soul doesn't fit into America and all it's artificiality, toxicity and meaninglessness. Life in America seems meaningless and pointless. You work hard for NOTHING essentially. There's no love or connection or true friendship, and nothing to live for except making money and consumerism. In short, you aren't validated, and neither are your feelings, emotions and soul. That's definitely not a good feeling. And the social environment feels lonely and isolating. People are paranoid and avoid others and keep their distance from others. None of this is natural but you are told that it's normal, thus what America tells you and what you feel are at odds with each other. It's constant INNER CONFLICT in America, over and over and over again. You know what I mean? It all makes your soul sick. So as you say in your username, the US is a "luxury prison" alright.

So I guess your destiny may be to live abroad too, it seems. Have you seen my Happier Abroad checklist? Does most of it apply to you?

http://www.happierabroad.com/checklist.htm

Also you could definitely use our ebook "Expatriation Apocalypse" that I told you about. It's only a few dollars and will answer a lot of your questions. The author wrote a blog post introducing it too.

http://blog.happierabroad.com/2015/07/3 ... -read.html

Hope all this helps.
Ok, thanks. I will post a question on that podcast thread for him then.

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. I guess deep down inside each person knows what he/she truly wants and if he/she wants it badly enough then he/she will find a way to get it.

Yeah, I definitely know what you mean. No wonder so many people are stressed out but feel they have no other choice but to man up and tough it out. Your site is a life saver and gives us hope that there is an alternative to living here in this hellhole. Thanks for creating this site, all I need to do now is act before its too late.

I feel like my destiny really is to live abroad even though I don't have any relatives abroad. And yeah most of the things on your checklist apply to me. Especially this one: "You do not "live to work" like most Americans but "work to live" and are not a workaholic. You live to enjoy life, and to have adventures and rich experiences." But isn't working to make ends meet the same everywhere even abroad? I mean without a job you can't put food on the table. Or do people abroad work much less than in the US? Could you elaborate on working in the US vs working abroad and the differences between them if you don't mind?

And yeah, I will definitely buy that ebook.

Thanks so much. Hope you don't get tired of so many questions by so many people.lol
Yes of course people work to make a living everywhere and to make ends meet. But the difference is that in America, work is considered the sole purpose of your life. It's meant to fulfill your soul. Without it, you have no function and are considered a loser. You are seen as incomplete without a job. A job is you and you are your job. You don't own yourself,nor do you define yourself. Your job owns you and defines you. This goes beyond making ends meet or working to pay bills and eat. You see what I mean? It's a culture and mentality and attitude towards work.

When Americans lose their job, they act like its the end of the world. See the movie "Up In The Air" with George Clooney, where he fires people and watch them self-destruct and lose it. That's what I mean. Or the movie "About Schmidt" with Jack Nicholson, where Nicholson retires from his company and then is bored as hell because he has nothing to do and no one to socialize with outside of work. His life has no meaning or purpose without his job and company.

America isn't the only workaholic country. China and Japan have workaholic cultures like that too. Thus if you don't "live to work" you may not fit into those cultures either, at least not long term as a resident.

Yes many countries have a lower cost of living. So you can earn and work less yet still pay the bills. For example, Rock's darling country of Taiwan, he says, is almost a first world country with a low cost of living, at least in the cosmopolitan capitol city of Taipei. Or take Thailand for example. It also has a low cost of living along with good infrastructure and good quality of goods and services. In these countries, you could work less as long as you have a decent job or business.

Asia is more of a workaholic culture though. Europe is not. Europeans really know how to enjoy life and have fun. They work to live, not live to work. So their mentality would be more similar to yours and mine. It's important to be in a culture and people that fit your mentality and wavelength, because in those cultures, you will feel more VALIDATED, which is important for your mental health and self-esteem. I'm sure you know that when you're with people that you CLICK with, you feel a lot better about yourself. You've experienced that right? It also gives you more energy and zest for life.

To compare US vs. Abroad is too broad. We gotta compare specific countries to be more exact. But you get the picture.

When you get Ghost's book, can you help him out by posting a review of it on Amazon.com? If so, that would be great.

Let me know if you have any more questions. Btw, i love your avatars. They reflect the HA theme very well. Where did you get them?

Have you always felt like you didn't fit in the US? Or is it a recent thing? Some things you feel early on in life, but you can't express or are afraid to, for fear of being seen as a loser, especially if no one else around you does.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
USA_luxury_prison
Freshman Poster

Winston wrote: Yes of course people work to make a living everywhere and to make ends meet. But the difference is that in America, work is considered the sole purpose of your life. It's meant to fulfill your soul. Without it, you have no function and are considered a loser. You are seen as incomplete without a job. A job is you and you are your job. You don't own yourself,nor do you define yourself. Your job owns you and defines you. This goes beyond making ends meet or working to pay bills and eat. You see what I mean? It's a culture and mentality and attitude towards work.

When Americans lose their job, they act like its the end of the world. See the movie "Up In The Air" with George Clooney, where he fires people and watch them self-destruct and lose it. That's what I mean. Or the movie "About Schmidt" with Jack Nicholson, where Nicholson retires from his company and then is bored as hell because he has nothing to do and no one to socialize with outside of work. His life has no meaning or purpose without his job and company.

America isn't the only workaholic country. China and Japan have workaholic cultures like that too. Thus if you don't "live to work" you may not fit into those cultures either, at least not long term as a resident.
Ok, all of that makes a lot of sense. No wonder I felt like something was missing and kept feeling insecure/pressured to look for work when I took 1-2 yrs off from college/work. It felt almost like a kind of whole community type of vibe saying "We're all working, why aren't you?" You know what I'm trying to say? It's a weird feeling. Almost as if there's no time to take a break from work, relax and enjoy life. I'm still not working and unfortunately am in the process of becoming a wage slave again.

I haven't seen those movies but now that you mention them I'm going to go ahead and watch them. That's crazy btw. It's almost like everyone in the U.S is programmed to work/go to school with no time to do nothing.
Yes many countries have a lower cost of living. So you can earn and work less yet still pay the bills. For example, Rock's darling country of Taiwan, he says, is almost a first world country with a low cost of living, at least in the cosmopolitan capitol city of Taipei. Or take Thailand for example. It also has a low cost of living along with good infrastructure and good quality of goods and services. In these countries, you could work less as long as you have a decent job or business.

Asia is more of a workaholic culture though. Europe is not. Europeans really know how to enjoy life and have fun. They work to live, not live to work. So their mentality would be more similar to yours and mine. It's important to be in a culture and people that fit your mentality and wavelength, because in those cultures, you will feel more VALIDATED, which is important for your mental health and self-esteem. I'm sure you know that when you're with people that you CLICK with, you feel a lot better about yourself. You've experienced that right? It also gives you more energy and zest for life.
That's good to know, I think I read something similar on one of your articles on here.

I think that's why I have my eyes set on traveling to Europe someday. I definitely know what you mean about clicking with people. It's almost like you're on the same energy level or wavelength as you say.
To compare US vs. Abroad is too broad. We gotta compare specific countries to be more exact. But you get the picture.

Could you compare the life of an average American vs an average Eastern European?
When you get Ghost's book, can you help him out by posting a review of it on Amazon.com? If so, that would be great.
I sure will, as a matter of fact I already got it(2 days after ordering it). I need to read it first though and then I'll review it.
Let me know if you have any more questions. Btw, i love your avatars. They reflect the HA theme very well. Where did you get them?
Ok, I will. I got my current avatar off google images.lol
Have you always felt like you didn't fit in the US? Or is it a recent thing? Some things you feel early on in life, but you can't express or are afraid to, for fear of being seen as a loser, especially if no one else around you does.
To be honest, I always knew something wasn't right since the beginning of elementary school. Not that I had a hard time adjusting to school, as a matter of fact I always got good grades. I just always hated the fact that I felt like I was forced to learn stuff I didn't want to learn and not only that but I always felt like teachers/principals and school staff were trying to change who I was. Does that make sense? It's almost like I was being forced to act/be someone I wasn't with all the school rules/policies and the trouble that comes with breaking those. Now that I've read many of your posts & articles it's all starting to make sense. It's true that school prepares us to become robotic slaves. I really love this article that you wrote> http://www.waltgoodridge.com/archives/w ... ticle.html

^A real eye opener yet disturbing to know once one gets done reading it because its the truth. And to be honest with you I'm a #4 all the way and its really hard to find your place out there(here in America). I've gone from job to job wondering where I fit in and can't seem to find it. But this site is a lifesaver.
"America is fun"

~USA_luxury_prison
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

USA_luxury_prison wrote:
Winston wrote: Yes of course people work to make a living everywhere and to make ends meet. But the difference is that in America, work is considered the sole purpose of your life. It's meant to fulfill your soul. Without it, you have no function and are considered a loser. You are seen as incomplete without a job. A job is you and you are your job. You don't own yourself,nor do you define yourself. Your job owns you and defines you. This goes beyond making ends meet or working to pay bills and eat. You see what I mean? It's a culture and mentality and attitude towards work.

Ok, all of that makes a lot of sense. No wonder I felt like something was missing and kept feeling insecure/pressured to look for work when I took 1-2 yrs off from college/work. It felt almost like a kind of whole community type of vibe saying "We're all working, why aren't you?" You know what I'm trying to say? It's a weird feeling. Almost as if there's no time to take a break from work, relax and enjoy life. I'm still not working and unfortunately am in the process of becoming a wage slave again.

I haven't seen those movies but now that you mention them I'm going to go ahead and watch them. That's crazy btw. It's almost like everyone in the U.S is programmed to work/go to school with no time to do nothing.
Yes, Americans are essentially controlled zombies that are programmed to "live to work". The culture contains deep contradictions too. For example, work is not meant to be fun and fulfilling, or else you wouldn't have to pay for it. Yet American culture says that work is the meaning of life and will fill your soul. So it is telling you to seek joy in something that isn't that joyful. Such contradictions create schisms in your mind and soul which lead to mental illness, because the mind has trouble reconciling so many contradictions, so it gets bruised and "f***ed up" That's why you see so many F ups and degenerates in the US.

Could you compare the life of an average American vs an average Eastern European?
Well I haven't been close with an Eastern European. And I am not one either. So I can't tell you what the life of an average Eastern European is like. But supposedly, Eastern Europe is economically depressed and more poor. So the people may suffer poverty and small wages, which lead to some misery and alcoholism among its men.

All I can tell you is that it's easier to approach girls in Eastern Europe and that they are more friendly and approachable and feminine and humble. Not as bitchy or entitled as American women. But Eastern European men will tell you varying things. Some agree with me, but others think American are easier to get than Eastern Euro women are. Everyone's experience is different I guess.
I sure will, as a matter of fact I already got it(2 days after ordering it). I need to read it first though and then I'll review it.
I'm sure you will like it. It's very informative and easy to read. Have you read some of it yet?
To be honest, I always knew something wasn't right since the beginning of elementary school. Not that I had a hard time adjusting to school, as a matter of fact I always got good grades. I just always hated the fact that I felt like I was forced to learn stuff I didn't want to learn and not only that but I always felt like teachers/principals and school staff were trying to change who I was. Does that make sense? It's almost like I was being forced to act/be someone I wasn't with all the school rules/policies and the trouble that comes with breaking those. Now that I've read many of your posts & articles it's all starting to make sense. It's true that school prepares us to become robotic slaves. I really love this article that you wrote> http://www.waltgoodridge.com/archives/w ... ticle.html

^A real eye opener yet disturbing to know once one gets done reading it because its the truth. And to be honest with you I'm a #4 all the way and its really hard to find your place out there(here in America). I've gone from job to job wondering where I fit in and can't seem to find it. But this site is a lifesaver.
Yeah school in the US, public school at least, is meant to be oppressive and prison-like. It's run exactly like a prison. This site can't solve everyone's problems in the US, but at least it lets you know that you aren't insane and that the problem isn't always you, but tends to be with the sick insane society you are in. See some of Erich Fromm's books as well, which I posted about in another thread. He explains very well the sick unnatural Western society as well with its false beliefs that leads to misery and emptiness ultimately.

http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/view ... 23&t=30918

livefreeordie
Freshman Poster

Re: Ask Winston Q&A: Post questions for Winston here

Post by livefreeordie »

What are your thoughts on having a fun holiday in the philippines, where to go, what to do?

Have you met any filipinas that you have had longer term relationships with, or would consider?

What are some efficient ways you have come across in meeting them vs just online dating?

Being someone who likes quieter natural areas like myself, what are such areas in the philippines that you like, out of say polluted and dirtier places like metro manila?

Being more of an expert on russians vs filipinas, which would you recommend for Australian young 30s entreprenial man to pursue for longer term prospects?

Have you noticed Filipinas getting more westernized/feminized/less loyal lately?

What do you think of Duterte the new president and how he will influence prospects in Philippines?

Do you think Philippines is good area for passion-focused business/enteprise, if so, what and where?

If you are a nature lover, but still want some amenities and infrastructure like wifi and shopping, where in philippines most ideally would you live, travel to?

What archetypes of men do you think work really well in philippines e.g. artist, bad boy, business men etc

Can you imagine having a playboy lifestyle in philippines, especially when the women seem to be so against 'infidelity'?

What do you think of longer term health problems/risks from living there? e.g. parasites, malaria, water borne diseases etc

Where in philippines do you think is closest to 'having it all' e.g. Single women, nature, business opportunities, infrastructure

What is faster more efficient route for visas rather than visiting offices once per month?

Would you consider buying a campervan/car/van and travelling around, being mobile for a while?

Are there methods for foreigners to eventually own guns or own them through their partners/wives for self protection or sports shooting?

Any shortcuts to getting citizenship you have heard of?

Anything else of relevance you think would be useful

Cheers!!!
USA_luxury_prison
Freshman Poster

Winston wrote: Yes, Americans are essentially controlled zombies that are programmed to "live to work". The culture contains deep contradictions too. For example, work is not meant to be fun and fulfilling, or else you wouldn't have to pay for it. Yet American culture says that work is the meaning of life and will fill your soul. So it is telling you to seek joy in something that isn't that joyful. Such contradictions create schisms in your mind and soul which lead to mental illness, because the mind has trouble reconciling so many contradictions, so it gets bruised and "f***ed up" That's why you see so many F ups and degenerates in the US.
Sorry, for taking too long to respond back, I moved away to another city (tourist location) 3 hours away to try out a different environment. That's kind of crazy and messed up. I've noticed many F ups and degenerates everywhere I've been in the US. It's kind of sad to see so many screw ups, too bad most don't know its the culture we live in.
Well I haven't been close with an Eastern European. And I am not one either. So I can't tell you what the life of an average Eastern European is like. But supposedly, Eastern Europe is economically depressed and more poor. So the people may suffer poverty and small wages, which lead to some misery and alcoholism among its men.

All I can tell you is that it's easier to approach girls in Eastern Europe and that they are more friendly and approachable and feminine and humble. Not as bitchy or entitled as American women. But Eastern European men will tell you varying things. Some agree with me, but others think American are easier to get than Eastern Euro women are. Everyone's experience is different I guess.
Ok, that's where I was planning on traveling to because I thought the cost of living is cheaper but I guess it's not a good place to live in if it's economically depressed. I guess going there for the women is still a positive. Do you think it's still better living there compared to here in the US?
I'm sure you will like it. It's very informative and easy to read. Have you read some of it yet?
I've read the first chapter I think and it really is a good book to get one started to leave this country.
Yeah school in the US, public school at least, is meant to be oppressive and prison-like. It's run exactly like a prison. This site can't solve everyone's problems in the US, but at least it lets you know that you aren't insane and that the problem isn't always you, but tends to be with the sick insane society you are in. See some of Erich Fromm's books as well, which I posted about in another thread. He explains very well the sick unnatural Western society as well with its false beliefs that leads to misery and emptiness ultimately.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30918
I know, I've noticed that it's just like a prison being in there. As far back as elementary I still remember how things were set up. Everything is tightly scheduled and controlled, even recess (free time to go outside). Even during lunch time, everyone has to get in line and wait their turn to get something to eat, not many meal options to choose from either. It's crazy now that I think about it and compare everything to what you say in this website. Its all true and depressing. It's almost like we're all programmed to live a certain way here in the US. Do you think that's why so many people lose hope and stop caring about their physical health and self-esteem? I mean there's so many people that are out of shape and seem to not care what other's think. They don't even dress in clothes that match or fit them.
"America is fun"

~USA_luxury_prison
Novel
Freshman Poster

Post by Novel »

Hello Winston. How are you?! Hey I'm having trouble using the 'search feature". I type in a topic to search for and it more times than other keeps saying that my words are too common???

I'm trying to find a topic on best ways to meet Chinese Women. A little bit about me...

I'm a Black American. Sick and tired of seeking women here. I'm a nice guy. A patient guy. But I'm not a push over. I simply show complete respect to you until you give me a legit and logical reason to second guess you. There-in, most American women play constant games. And they feel like I should play their games and accept their bad habits, bad behaviors and bad mindsets without thought. Maybe I tolerated more in the past but that was before I knew I could seek options else where. Meaning, outside American soil.

Ok being new to seriously trying to find happiness abroad, I've been focusing on China. That is my country of interest. That is my preferred woman of interest. I've been using Chinese focused dating sites. And the results have been pretty lousy. I know dating sites are a terrible method, but I don't know of any other way to find and meet Chinese single women. I'm not looking for the hottest most smokin' Chinese women! Attractiveness level is relative. Meaning, I'm simply looking for: A cute, good-hearted, genuine woman who likes to laugh and have some fun. And I've seen MANY of them in YouTube videos with expats experiencing China. I always point, HER and HER and HER... that's what I want. She's what I've been searching for!

If you could give me some much needed advice on how else to and where to connect with Chinese women, I would GREATLY appreciate it. Some examples, should I stop using and paying for dating sites and invest in PenPal type sites? Or am I better off finding my way to China? I am determined to find my happiness. Ok, looking forward to hearing back from you. Thank you Winston!
TheLight954
Freshman Poster

Post by TheLight954 »

When are you going to complete the "Stupid Things People Believe In Just Because They Are Told To" in the articles section? It has been there for almost a year now, but it still says "Upcoming" in front of it.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

livefreeordie wrote:
July 3rd, 2016, 4:40 am
What are your thoughts on having a fun holiday in the philippines, where to go, what to do?

Have you met any filipinas that you have had longer term relationships with, or would consider?

What are some efficient ways you have come across in meeting them vs just online dating?

Being someone who likes quieter natural areas like myself, what are such areas in the philippines that you like, out of say polluted and dirtier places like metro manila?

Being more of an expert on russians vs filipinas, which would you recommend for Australian young 30s entreprenial man to pursue for longer term prospects?

Have you noticed Filipinas getting more westernized/feminized/less loyal lately?

What do you think of Duterte the new president and how he will influence prospects in Philippines?

Do you think Philippines is good area for passion-focused business/enteprise, if so, what and where?

If you are a nature lover, but still want some amenities and infrastructure like wifi and shopping, where in philippines most ideally would you live, travel to?

What archetypes of men do you think work really well in philippines e.g. artist, bad boy, business men etc

Can you imagine having a playboy lifestyle in philippines, especially when the women seem to be so against 'infidelity'?

What do you think of longer term health problems/risks from living there? e.g. parasites, malaria, water borne diseases etc

Where in philippines do you think is closest to 'having it all' e.g. Single women, nature, business opportunities, infrastructure

What is faster more efficient route for visas rather than visiting offices once per month?

Would you consider buying a campervan/car/van and travelling around, being mobile for a while?

Are there methods for foreigners to eventually own guns or own them through their partners/wives for self protection or sports shooting?

Cheers!!!
Wow that's the most questions anyone's ever asked me in one post. Geez. Let me try to answer line by line below.

Begin:

A: I've only been to a few areas. The hot spots for vacation are Boracay and Palawan. Bohol is nice too supposedly. That's if you are with people. If you are looking for girls that's another matter.

A: Yes. The mother of my son and I have been together for a long time. We kind of have an open relationship though. I have met many fun girls but not many of serious relationship quality. That's because I spent most of my time in Angeles City which is a go go bar area.

A: I do cold approach and meet online sometimes, but it's sporadic. Both can have good results or not depending on your luck and who you attract.

A: I don't know many places in the Philippines out in nature. You should Google "best places in the Philippines". However, the Philippines is not well developed and nature areas will be primitive and not well maintained at all.

A: Depends on what you want. Filipinas are more low maintenance and easy to please. More simple and sweet. But lower IQ and not intellectual. Russians are smarter and more educated, but more demanding and higher maintenance. However, if you get a good girl that likes you then that's a different matter. The good girls aren't as easy to attract though and they tend to be taken early on by good quality guys.

A: Yes. But most Filipinas are poor so they cannot afford to be too spoiled. They still have to remain sweet and simple. But their cost of living has gone up and so they do need a little more than before. I wouldn't say they are feminist though, they definitely aren't masculine or independent. But middle class Filipinas are a different matter, they can be very snobby, especially if they are good looking.

A: I don't know. I don't follow politics.

A: It can be. If you find a nice spot to do work on a laptop. But not in Angeles City or Manila. Too many distractions and noise there. The problem is that the weather is always very hot and humid year round, so it's kind of hard to concentrate on something intellectual like writing a book or article or being creative. That's why the most creative people come from cold weather climates, such as Mozart, Beethoven, etc. Colder climates allow you to think and focus more deeply. Hot humid climates make it harder for you to concentrate and you always feel like chilling out, not working. And most hotels do not have good enough aircon to keep out all the heat and humidity.

A: The wifi in the Philippines is unstable and lower quality than the rest of Asia. It is unstable and can go down a lot. In the city it's better though. The nature areas are not well developed unless it is in a commercialized area like Boracay. You can research Palawan and Boracay. Best to be near a decent sized town if you can so you can have some conveniences too.

A: Usually the sweet romantic guy or playboy is best. The girls are flirty and like to have fun and are not serious or uptight. So playboy types will love the vibe. It fits them well. Sweet romantic types may like it too, because the girls are sweet too. Guys who like simple living and simple people without stress or judgment will like it. But you gotta be adaptable. Perfectionist type of guys or demanding type of guys will find it very frustrating because Philippines is very non-efficient, but laid back and lazy. Also if you don't like hot weather, it may not be for you long term.

A: Yes a playboy lifestyle is very good for Philippines, because even if you have a girlfriend, she will be more forgiving about it, compared to women in other Asian countries. Filipina girls are more forgiving of such things because in their culture they understand that men like variety and seducing different girls, because it's part of their nature, so they are more tolerant of it. Guys who cheat or have girls on the side have a "don't ask, don't tell" policy about it. It's tolerated as long as it's discreet and not made public or drawn attention to. Also, Angeles City is perfect for that, because it has many bars and nightlife, and offers many low cost options for p4p with bar girls and freelancers and girls that are in between. You gotta pay though, for the girls there are there to make money. But the freelancers can be had for as low as 20 dollars.

A: Yes in tropical humid climates, there is more bacteria and insects. So you have higher risk of getting something. And if you are in city areas, there is lots of pollution. So there is a risk there. The air is not as clean as in first world countries. There are no smog standards on vehicles. So your risk of getting health problems is higher than in drier or cooler climates. So if you live there, you should eat highly nutritious foods and use lots of good vitamins and supplements, as well as green superfoods like chlorella and spirulina, in order to combat all that.

A: I don't know of any place in the Philippines that has it all. Sorry. :P. There are many downsides and drawbacks there, too many for any one place to have it all. There may be good undiscovered areas though, but I don't know of them yet.

A: Well you can go to travel agencies and have them extend your visa. But they charge more. They claim to only charge 300 pesos more, but that's often not true. They will try to trick you about the fees and try to charge you 1000 pesos or more than the official fees, and not tell you about it. So you gotta check the official immigration fees for visa extensions on the government website so you know exactly how much you are being overcharged by the travel agency, because otherwise they will try to deceive you. You can't trust anyone there until you know them. Lots of people in Philippines will try to overcharge you or rip you off. That's part of their culture and way, to take advantage of others or use deception to get more money out of you. That's simply their way. There's no immorality in lying to them. It's just a tactic they use to get what they want. They do not have strong Catholic morals even though they claim to be Catholic. They just do what they want without guilt or shame. They certainly do not have the shame that Japanese do when they do something wrong.

A: Not sure. But I doubt it. The roads out in nature are not well maintained unless they are major roads. I've only taken the bus between different cities, so I can't comment on that. I think you can drive a vehicle all over using ferry boats though. The islands there have a ferry system that goes to most islands I think.

A: I don't know. Some expats have guns. They may have applied to get a license for them. Or they got them through loopholes. The laws there are not strict in most areas, except in Davao where Duterte was mayor. There are ways to get around the laws. Most laws there are not written in stone, but are situational and on paper only. Whether they are enforced or not is another issue.

A: No I don't. I don't know of any expat who got citizenship there. You can get a permanent resident visa though, if you get married to a Filipina, or you invest a lot of money to start a business there, or you employ some Filipinos to work for you. Check the Philippines immigration website for more info on that.

A: Well just remember that the Philippines is not easy and not for everyone. It's fun there and the girls are sweet and the vibe is laid back and positive. But there are tons of negatives and drawbacks too, such as bad infrastructure, low quality food, low quality customer service, etc. So you have to put up with a lot of low quality poor conditions. In general, almost everything there is low quality and life there is not very comfortable. So if you are a soft person who needs first world comforts like soft cushions and convenience, you may suffer physically. To get something of decent quality you gotta pay a lot more. That's how third world countries are like. Things are either cheap and low quality, or decent quality but expensive. See my thread in this forum about the "pros and cons of the Philippines" for a long list of pros and cons of the Philippines.

Hope all this helps and you all find it useful.

Winston

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

USA_luxury_prison wrote:
July 20th, 2016, 6:22 pm
Winston wrote: Yes, Americans are essentially controlled zombies that are programmed to "live to work". The culture contains deep contradictions too. For example, work is not meant to be fun and fulfilling, or else you wouldn't have to pay for it. Yet American culture says that work is the meaning of life and will fill your soul. So it is telling you to seek joy in something that isn't that joyful. Such contradictions create schisms in your mind and soul which lead to mental illness, because the mind has trouble reconciling so many contradictions, so it gets bruised and "f***ed up" That's why you see so many F ups and degenerates in the US.
Sorry, for taking too long to respond back, I moved away to another city (tourist location) 3 hours away to try out a different environment. That's kind of crazy and messed up. I've noticed many F ups and degenerates everywhere I've been in the US. It's kind of sad to see so many screw ups, too bad most don't know its the culture we live in.
Where did you move to? Wanna tell us?

Ok, that's where I was planning on traveling to because I thought the cost of living is cheaper but I guess it's not a good place to live in if it's economically depressed. I guess going there for the women is still a positive. Do you think it's still better living there compared to here in the US?
Well if it's economically depressed it will just mean that you can't expect to get a good paying job there. Not that the vibe will be depressed. It certainly has a better vibe than America, because people there are so authentic and down to earth. To me that creates a positive vibe, because it matches my soul and personality, especially if you compare it to the vibe in California which is very toxic and fake and unfriendly. I don't want to generalize though and claim all of the US is the same. Different states and regions of the US also have different vibes. I'm just comparing with where I grew up in the SF Bay Area and the Pacific Northwest too, which are very antisocial.

Yes I think it's better than the US, however, my experience in Eastern Europe was only as a visitor. I can't say what it's like to live there long term. Better you ask an expat who has lived there long term about what it's like to live there. I can only comment from the standpoint as a tourist. As a tourist or traveler I got a good vibe in Eastern Europe. It has culture that I like and authentic people who are easy to talk to, not stuck up or antisocial or paranoid or closed. It's not like the US or Taiwan where you have to break into a clique to have friends or else everyone ignores you. Europe has a more positive warm social environment where talking to strangers is much more normal and natural. So in that sense, it feels more positive, because I don't like cultures where everyone ignores strangers. I feed off attention and like attention. So cold countries like USA or Taiwan or Japan aren't good for me, because in those countries people only socialize within cliques and ignore strangers and strangers do not talk to you unless they want something from you or its business related.
I've read the first chapter I think and it really is a good book to get one started to leave this country.
Thanks. So you read my ebook you mean?

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30918
I know, I've noticed that it's just like a prison being in there. As far back as elementary I still remember how things were set up. Everything is tightly scheduled and controlled, even recess (free time to go outside). Even during lunch time, everyone has to get in line and wait their turn to get something to eat, not many meal options to choose from either. It's crazy now that I think about it and compare everything to what you say in this website. Its all true and depressing. It's almost like we're all programmed to live a certain way here in the US. Do you think that's why so many people lose hope and stop caring about their physical health and self-esteem? I mean there's so many people that are out of shape and seem to not care what other's think. They don't even dress in clothes that match or fit them.
Yes probably. The US screws you up in many ways. People use food as an escape to relieve their emptiness and misery. Also the food is unhealthy and contain unknown chemicals and GMO's. Even foreign immigrants get fat in the US after a while. The US is an empty culture. There's nothing to do but work and you can't meet people because people don't talk to strangers unless it's for business. I don't fit into that. But some do.

However, the US has beautiful nature though and scenic beauty and landscapes and fresh air and open space. So I love road trips through nature and national parks there. But that's all. I don't like the mainstream culture or people or lifestyle or mentality.

Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Winston have you considered doing a podcast?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Novel wrote:
September 24th, 2016, 10:39 am
Hello Winston. How are you?! Hey I'm having trouble using the 'search feature". I type in a topic to search for and it more times than other keeps saying that my words are too common???

I'm trying to find a topic on best ways to meet Chinese Women. A little bit about me...

I'm a Black American. Sick and tired of seeking women here. I'm a nice guy. A patient guy. But I'm not a push over. I simply show complete respect to you until you give me a legit and logical reason to second guess you. There-in, most American women play constant games. And they feel like I should play their games and accept their bad habits, bad behaviors and bad mindsets without thought. Maybe I tolerated more in the past but that was before I knew I could seek options else where. Meaning, outside American soil.

Ok being new to seriously trying to find happiness abroad, I've been focusing on China. That is my country of interest. That is my preferred woman of interest. I've been using Chinese focused dating sites. And the results have been pretty lousy. I know dating sites are a terrible method, but I don't know of any other way to find and meet Chinese single women. I'm not looking for the hottest most smokin' Chinese women! Attractiveness level is relative. Meaning, I'm simply looking for: A cute, good-hearted, genuine woman who likes to laugh and have some fun. And I've seen MANY of them in YouTube videos with expats experiencing China. I always point, HER and HER and HER... that's what I want. She's what I've been searching for!

If you could give me some much needed advice on how else to and where to connect with Chinese women, I would GREATLY appreciate it. Some examples, should I stop using and paying for dating sites and invest in PenPal type sites? Or am I better off finding my way to China? I am determined to find my happiness. Ok, looking forward to hearing back from you. Thank you Winston!
Hello Novel. Sorry for the delay in answering your questions. Well the default forum search engine cannot process words that are too common. Did you try typing "Chinese women"? Or use the advanced search feature? You can also use the Google search box above too.

As to Chinese women, well we had a black member here before who was married to a Chinese wife and wrote a big informative guide to mainland Chinese women. You are read it here:

viewtopic.php?t=18786

As to dating sites, yeah they are useful. You gotta try different ones and see which works best for you. Different sites work well for different people. You can also use free big sites too like OKCupid and PlentyofFish. They have many mainland Chinese women who speak English and are seeking foreign men. And they are serious and answer their messages. I had some results from www.ChineseKisses.com too. Also get the WeChat app for your phone. Most Chinese women use it nowadays and it's the hottest chat app in China.

Good luck.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

TheLight954 wrote:
November 12th, 2017, 7:23 pm
When are you going to complete the "Stupid Things People Believe In Just Because They Are Told To" in the articles section? It has been there for almost a year now, but it still says "Upcoming" in front of it.
It's probably been up there for several years, not just one. Well I've written half of it. I just have no time to finish it. Too much on my plate. I guess in the future, I should not post any "coming soon" or "upcoming articles" or else it will leave guys like you waiting and hanging and asking. lol

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Johnny1975 wrote:
January 13th, 2018, 3:35 pm
Winston have you considered doing a podcast?
I do have a podcast. Remember? There is even a podcast link at the top in the navigation menu. Here is a forum thread where each of my podcasts are announced.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24147

However, I don't have the time to do more at this point. I wish, but there is way too much to do and not enough time to do everything. Plus I need to travel more too. Tons of plans are backed up and not even moving yet. I don't know how other people ever get anything done. Time management has always been a weakness of mine. Plus I don't see evidence that we have free will either. Half of scientists nowadays say free will is an illusion.