From New Age to Jesus Testimonies

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: From New Age to Jesus - Touching Testimonies

Post by Adama »

Winston wrote:
January 19th, 2018, 2:57 pm
Adama wrote:
January 18th, 2018, 4:06 pm
Winston wrote:
December 14th, 2017, 7:15 pm
I posted this to him in the comments section:

"Steven, very touching testimony. I'll share it with my forum. But how do you explain the testimonies of the reverse - where people convert from Christianity to New Age or other religions? They are also honest people in search of truth too. I have written such a testimony as well, which even Christians say is very touching. I invite you to read it and let me know what you think. Here's the link: http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/Christian_Story.htm "

I just read the first few huge paragraphs of your story again.

Why would you think it was your fault if someone refuses Christ? I think you took too much upon yourself. It isn't you doing the saving. It is God, but also, if they don't want it, it wouldn't be your fault. It is their fault for refusing the truth.

why would you blame yourself?

I also think you may not have been teaching the true gospel, which can't get anyone saved anyhow. Why do I think that? Because of a fundamental lack of understanding which I see.

Also, what does missing out on a cute girl at age 15 have to do with anything?

So these two events shaped your life? Along with friends departing?

I think you set your heart in the wrong place. It seems to me as if you set your heart on having an abundance of friends. Nothing wrong with having friends, but what do people have to do with your happiness? People are going to disappoint you. Read Jeremiah 9. TRUST YE NOT IN ANY BROTHER: FOR EVERY BROTHER WILL UTTERLY SUPPLANT, AND EVERY NEIGHBOR WILL WALK WITH SLANDERS.

This whole earth is full with bad people. That's their choice, not God's.

And also, it seems like nothing truly bad happened to you up to that point.
Because I felt like if I could be loving and holy and pure like Christ, then they would convert. So I wasn't living up to my full potential. It's not just about telling people about Jesus. You have to live like Christ and set an example. It was too high a standard to fulfill. So I felt inadequate and responsible for people going to hell. Especially my family.

Why would I lack understanding of the Christian gospel or be teaching the wrong one by Christian standards? Christianity is not rocket science. It's dumbed down for the average layman. You know the drill: "You are a sinner. You need a savior for your sins. Believe in Jesus and you will be saved." Etc. It's very simple and elementary. We've all heard it. What are you getting at? What's more complicated than that? The gospel is very simple and not complex at all. It's not a theological seminary.

Not quite, Winston. I have seen you on this forum post that salvation comes by "loving your brother as yourself", and that salvation is not by faith or belief, but through acts of love. And now you say that it is only by belief? Something is going on here, Winston.

I've also seen you dispute the faith alone / belief alone doctrine, stating that only the Book of John says it clearly, and that others of the four gospels do not emphasize belief.

But now you tell me you understand that all a man needs to do to be saved is believe? And now you say you were preaching that salvation is by faith alone? When you were contending against the faith alone doctrine on this very forum for years that I have read?

And yes, the salvation doctrine is simple and easy, because God wants everyone to have eternal life. It is not "dumbed down", which may be blasphemy in itself.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

These testimonies are from those who went from Atheism to New Age and then to Jesus. Wow a three step conversion. lol

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Adama,
Geez man. At least I'm not an atheist. Why don't you compliment that or applaud that? Geez. You are asking for too much. It's already great that I believe in God and acknowledge that Christianity has some real power to change lives and create answered prayers and miracles. That's more than you can say for most. Come on. Today most western men tend to be atheists. At least I'm not as dumb as them. Don't you appreciate that?

I think if someone believes in God and does good things and has decent morals, honor and integrity, that's enough. That's more than you can say for most modern Americans. If I were God I would be glad about that. It's plenty and reasonable.

But that's not enough for you. I gotta be a fundamentalist and believe the Bible is literally true and believe that Jesus is the only way to God, and all other religions are false and of Satan, etc. Come on man. Those aren't reasonable. They are too extreme. Reasonable thinking men don't usually go for all that unless they are brainwashed.

I don't think God is as unreasonable as you. I don't think God is a fundamentalist. Look at the world around you. There is a variety of nature, plants and animals, marine wildlife, colors, landscapes, terrain, etc. God seems to love variety and beauty. He even created different races. There are millions of species of life. If God is so broad minded and loves variety like this, why would he be suddenly so closed minded as to make only ONE religion true while the rest false? That would not be consistent with his character. Think about it. Use your head. I don't think a God capable of such intelligent design beyond our comprehension is as narrow minded as you think he is.

I explained all this in another thread about why Jesus isn't the only way to God and gave 5 reasonable reasons for it. You never addressed all the arguments I made.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=31994

You were saved in 2015? lol. What were you doing before? What were you doing in the 1980's when I was into the same religion as you? lol. Geez. I knew it. I was a Christian long before you. You are just a spiritual baby. I've evolved far past you since the early 1990's. You got a long way to go as a truth seeker buddy. I've been where you are at now. I know what you think and believe. I can even predict what you're gonna say before you say it, because I used to think like you, back in the late 1980's. I'm way past you bud.

Look. I've researched all sides. Right now I'm just trying to take a REASONABLE middle ground in all this. One that acknowledges valid points on all sides, including your side. That's more than you can say for most people. I don't think God will fault me for taking a middle ground and being REASONABLE. It's the most fair and objective position. God would probably do the same if he were me. Unless of course, we are all part of God, as New Agers and Hindus say. We can't rule that out either.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

More female testimonies of going from New Age to Jesus.

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Winston wrote:
January 19th, 2018, 4:32 pm
Adama,
Geez man. At least I'm not an atheist. Why don't you compliment that or applaud that? Geez. You are asking for too much. It's already great that I believe in God and acknowledge that Christianity has some real power to change lives and create answered prayers and miracles. That's more than you can say for most. Come on. Today most western men tend to be atheists. At least I'm not as dumb as them. Don't you appreciate that?

I think if someone believes in God and does good things and has decent morals, honor and integrity, that's enough. That's more than you can say for most modern Americans. If I were God I would be glad about that. It's plenty and reasonable.

But that's not enough for you. I gotta be a fundamentalist and believe the Bible is literally true and believe that Jesus is the only way to God, and all other religions are false and of Satan, etc. Come on man. Those aren't reasonable. They are too extreme. Reasonable thinking men don't usually go for all that unless they are brainwashed.

I don't think God is as unreasonable as you. I don't think God is a fundamentalist. Look at the world around you. There is a variety of nature, plants and animals, marine wildlife, colors, landscapes, terrain, etc. God seems to love variety and beauty. He even created different races. There are millions of species of life. If God is so broad minded and loves variety like this, why would he be suddenly so closed minded as to make only ONE religion true while the rest false? That would not be consistent with his character. Think about it. Use your head. I don't think a God capable of such intelligent design beyond our comprehension is as narrow minded as you think he is.

I explained all this in another thread about why Jesus isn't the only way to God and gave 5 reasonable reasons for it. You never addressed all the arguments I made.

You were saved in 2015? lol. What were you doing before? What were you doing in the 1980's when I was into the same religion as you? lol. Geez. I knew it. I was a Christian long before you. You are just a spiritual baby. I've evolved far past you since the early 1990's. You got a long way to go as a truth seeker buddy. I've been where you are at now. I know what you think and believe. I can even predict what you're gonna say before you say it, because I used to think like you, back in the late 1980's. I'm way past you bud.

Look. I've researched all sides. Right now I'm just trying to take a REASONABLE middle ground in all this. One that acknowledges valid points on all sides, including your side. That's more than you can say for most people. I don't think God will fault me for taking a middle ground and being REASONABLE. It's the most fair and objective position. God would probably do the same if he were me. Unless of course, we are all part of God, as New Agers and Hindus say. We can't rule that out either.
It is apparent to me, Winston, that some men are so wise in their own conceit that they truly believe that their way is God's way. They think they are as wise as or even wiser than God. So they think that God must truly be following their wisdom. Some of them even brag about how awesomely wise and open minded they are, when really they are just bragging about how they think they are smarter than God. Just astonishing.

I even know a man who brags on when he thinks he got saved, as if that means he's wiser than me, when he really doesn't know anything about God. Yet this man has no knowledge, no understanding, and has forsaken all wisdom to walk in utter blasphemy almost daily.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Winston wrote:
January 19th, 2018, 4:32 pm
Adama,

There's no reason to respond. It is evident to all believers. If a person is unable to believe that Christ is the only way to heaven, then that man is doomed. It really is that simple.

Now can I prove it to you? Do you think I have some supernatural powers? Either believe it or not. But for all those who've failed to believe, they are doomed. It really is simple. And it isn't like believing in Christ costs something from the person. It is free. It is a choice: believe and be saved, or refuse to believe and face damnation.

Why? Because when a person believes in Christ, then Christ will pay the price for their sins and impute onto them His righteousness which makes them worthy to enter into everlasting life to live with Him in purity without sin. This is a FREE gift. There's nothing a person does to earn this, except place their faith in Christ.

Without believing in Christ, the price for that person's sins will not be covered, because salvation is only offered to those who simply believe.

If a person dies without having ever believed in Christ, then that person has refused life eternal.

Now can I prove this to you? No, that's why FAITH IS REQUIRED! God expects us to place faith in His Son. If there were definitive proof, other than creation itself, then there would be no faith required. If you can see something you don't need faith to believe in it.

Take note that the only thing God requires is faith in His Son. It is free to believe. And once a person believes, God may give that person personal revelations. A believer will see God working for him. Unbelievers will just see coincidence because they are in darkness and blindness.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: From New Age to Jesus - Christian Testimonies

Post by Winston »

Website that Alex sent me created by a woman who went from New Age to Jesus. She put it up to warn people in the New Age that their beliefs are all false and that they should turn to Jesus. lol. Highly biased and agenda driven. Assumes Christian fundamentalism is the truth and everything else must be false for that reason alone. lol. @Neo will like this site.

http://www.christiananswersforthenewage.org

Another site preaching to Hindus that they should turn to Jesus. lol

http://www.karma2grace.org/

Interesting Christian apologetic site with a neutral sounding domain name (which is misleading since it's not neutral at all) that tries to explain away the evidence for reincarnation because it doesn't fit the tenets of fundamentalist Christianity. Hilarious how biased this is. But Neo will love it.

http://www.comparativereligion.com/reincarnation.html

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Interesting recommendation from Alex about a lady who turned from New Age to Christianity. She exposes the roots of Halloween below.

Alex:

"Marcia Montenegro, a sharp mind woman who spent most of her life studying all kind of religious and not religious belief systems and esoteric knowledge, she became a somewhat popular astrologer till she finally turned to Christianity which she holds as the religion that has more truth on it than all other belief system and religions. Now she is actively working on criticizing the New Age religion.

From the Marcia Montenegro website, a sharp criticism to the contents of the books of Neal D Walsh "Conversations with God".

http://www.christiananswersforthenewage ... dults.html "

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I don't get something. If the Christian God is the only light and Buddha and Krishna are false then why do so many Christians turn to eastern religions and claim they resonate with them more? If Christianity was the only light then all the conversions would be one way only, from other religions to Christianity. But we all know many Christians turn away. Especially during college. They turn atheist or New Age or Buddhist or Wiccan, etc. If there was only one true light everyone would turn toward it and never turn away from it to another religion. Right? Think about it.

Christians like to focus on people who convert to it but never on Christians who convert to other religions. On YouTube there are many testimonials. There's even a girl who felt more spiritual connection with Hinduism than Christianity so she converted to Hinduism. Theres also Christians who used to be New Age. Like that dude who put up www.reasonsforjesus.com . The conversions go both ways. Not all one way. If there was only one truth and light that wouldnt be so. Christians never consider this because they are arrogant and dogmatic and think there is only one truth and one way.

TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

I would think that if there is only one true God, that He would not have many different ways or representatives to get to Him. I would think that He would only have one way. Jesus was PERFECT. The others were not. They have their flaws. Jesus was also the Son of God. The others were not. So I would think that Jesus would be the only logical way.

What baffles me is in this video clip Joel Osteen says there are many paths to Jesus. @Winston what do you think he meant by that? Was he just compromising and trying to not be so dogmatic?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Probably because Joel Osteen is trying to appeal to the mainstream and if he says Jesus is the only way then it will turn off a lot of people. Hes like Mark Davis. All about marketing. Hes trying to maximize his audience and telling everyone what they want to hear, like a politician does. Thats my impression. It could be that he believes that too. There are Christian universalists and interfaith types and liberal Christians who believe that there are many ways to God. So he could really believe what he says as well. A motivational guru is most effective if he convinces himself of the BS he spouts first.

I dont agree that God would only provide one way. If God was that narrow then he would only create one race and one culture and one animal and one color, etc. If he loves diversity in nature then he should love diversity in religion. The logic follows.

Think about this. Do your parents mind if u go see them by plane, car, boat, train or bicycle? No of course not. As long as u arrive thats what counts.

Also if God wanted everyone to be Christian why would he promote it in the middle east only? He would have Jesus go to every country in the world and proclaim the gospel. Or he would write the gospel in the sky for everyone on Earth to see.

Why cant u just realize that all this religion stuff is man made? Why is that so hard for many Christians? Being inspired to write something does not mean it was dictated. If the Sun inspired you to paint a sunset or sunrise, that does not mean the Sun painted it of course. You are the one who painted it. Not the Sun. Same with the Bible.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Also saying that Jesus is perfect doesnt make it so. When did Jesus say he was perfect? Even if he did it doesnt make it true. If Jesus was perfect why did he curse an innocent fig tree and kill it as an illustration of a parable? We know that trees have a life force so killing one is murder in a sense. Why would a perfect being do that? Buddha would never do that. Why would Jesus lose his temper and overturn the tables in the temple? A perfect person doesnt lose his temper like that. Why did he say u have to hate your family in order to follow him? Isnt hating your family a bad thing?

A man preaching brotherly love only would not get executed. You gotta do something wrong to get executed.

More shockingly, in Revelation chapter 2, Jesus appears and says he is going to kill the children of a church for the disobedience of their parents. How is killing innocent children an act of a perfect being? That makes no sense. Think about it.

Why not just accept the obvious that this is all man made? And hence not perfect?

TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

Winston wrote:
July 16th, 2021, 11:29 am
I dont agree that God would only provide one way. If God was that narrow then he would only create one race and one culture and one animal and one color, etc. If he loves diversity in nature then he should love diversity in religion. The logic follows.

Think about this. Do your parents mind if u go see them by plane, car, boat, train or bicycle? No of course not. As long as u arrive thats what counts.

Also if God wanted everyone to be Christian why would he promote it in the middle east only? He would have Jesus go to every country in the world and proclaim the gospel. Or he would write the gospel in the sky for everyone on Earth to see.

Why cant u just realize that all this religion stuff is man made? Why is that so hard for many Christians? Being inspired to write something does not mean it was dictated. If the Sun inspired you to paint a sunset or sunrise, that does not mean the Sun painted it of course. You are the one who painted it. Not the Sun. Same with the Bible.
That is an unbelievably stupid post especially since you come from a evangelical Christian background. God the Father is pure and holy. We are sinners. We don't just go see Him "by plane, car, boat, train or bicycle". That is not the way to get to the Father. We have to go through the sacrificial Lamb Jesus Christ who paid for our sins on the cross. That is how we have access to the Father, through Jesus Christ. Also Jesus talked of children of God and children of the devil. So all are not God's children. Not all even want to go to the Father.

The gospel has already been preached to those nations you mentioned and for the most part has been rejected. Even Israel for the most part has rejected Jesus Christ. He is the only way to the Father (John 14:6).

He would not write the gospel message on the sky because he wants us to come to Him by faith. Faith comes by hearing, not by seeing.

You know all the Scriptures Winston. You are just making excuses.

You are right however about the inspiration part. All Scripture comes by inspiration of God. He did not write it directly, except for the ten commandments which He wrote on stone tablets.
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

The Bible says be angry and sin not. It also says God is angry with the wicked every day. When Jesus overturned the tables in the temple that was righteous indignation. They were merchandising in the house of God. Just like they do today (selling books, etc.)

You need to learn to rightly divide the Word of truth.
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

@Winston You think God is a nice God? Look at these verses in 2 Thessalonians 1:

6 Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you;

7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,

8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

That's not even God the Father. That's Jesus Christ who is going to take vengeance (revenge) on those who don't know God and obey the gospel. Punished with everlasting destruction? That sounds very brutal.