I have a relationship with a Vietnamese woman now

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Re: I have a relationship with a Vietnamese woman now

Post by Devil Dog »

Cornfed wrote:
January 9th, 2018, 12:11 pm
This “confidence” thing is generally confusing cause and effect. People are confident because they know that can do stuff. They don’t magically get to be able to do stuff just because they brainwash themselves into being confident. Most PUA stuff is cargo cult thinking.
I know that I can get shit done. So I do.

Who cares about the chicken vs. egg debate? Well, you do, of course. But only because it provides you with an excuse which absolves you from responsibility for your shitty outcomes.

This is the in-a-nutshell example of the difference between the mentality here vs the mentality on the Roosh forums. "It's somebody else's fault" vs. "How can I improve?"
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Devil Dog wrote:
January 9th, 2018, 1:50 pm
Cornfed wrote:
January 9th, 2018, 12:11 pm
This “confidence” thing is generally confusing cause and effect. People are confident because they know that can do stuff. They don’t magically get to be able to do stuff just because they brainwash themselves into being confident. Most PUA stuff is cargo cult thinking.
I know that I can get shit done. So I do.

Who cares about the chicken vs. egg debate? Well, you do, of course. But only because it provides you with an excuse which absolves you from responsibility for your shitty outcomes.

This is the in-a-nutshell example of the difference between the mentality here vs the mentality on the Roosh forums. "It's somebody else's fault" vs. "How can I improve?"
Clearly this has nothing to do with the topic at hand. You seem to want to make the same silly boomer post regardless of the context.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Devil Dog wrote:
January 9th, 2018, 10:02 am
What a predictable, bumbling fool, pulling out every fallacy in the book. One would think that by 50 or 60 people would outgrow that.
Actually, you're full of shit, the stench can be felt from a mile. I'm beginning to doubt you've done any of the traveling you claim.

Are you "cocky-funny" too?
cornfed wrote:Clearly this has nothing to do with the topic at hand. You seem to want to make the same silly boomer post regardless of the context.
Ok I'm gonna have to agree with you, there is a pattern of boomer idiots. Since this one is not an outright libtard he thinks he's some kind of genius.
The similarities with Kradmelder are interesting to say the least, even a daughter in med-school or what not lol. Nothing would surprise me, we're never done seeing it all in this forum.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Post by Devil Dog »

droid wrote:
January 9th, 2018, 8:31 pm
Devil Dog wrote:
What a predictable, bumbling fool, pulling out every fallacy in the book. One would think that by 50 or 60 people would outgrow that.
Actually, you're full of shit, the stench can be felt from a mile. I'm beginning to doubt you've done any of the traveling you claim.

Are you "cocky-funny" too?
cornfed wrote:Clearly this has nothing to do with the topic at hand. You seem to want to make the same silly boomer post regardless of the context.
Ok I'm gonna have to agree with you, there is a pattern of boomer idiots. Since this one is not an outright libtard he thinks he's some kind of genius.
The similarities with Kradmelder are interesting to say the least, even a daughter in med-school or what not lol. Nothing would surprise me, we're never done seeing it all in this forum.
lol, you looked up my post history? Thanks for caring. Yes, I have DAUGHTERS who make in a year what you will make in a couple of decades. Of course the Jews, bankers, and Illuminati are not all conspiring against them. So they have no excuses. They have confidence in their abilities, though.

You and cornh*le are bffs. That's touching. HA is always interesting in a train wreck sort of way.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Devil Dog wrote:
January 9th, 2018, 8:58 pm
Yes, I have DAUGHTERS who make in a year what you will make in a couple of decades. Of course the Jews, bankers, and Illuminati are not all conspiring against them. So they have no excuses.
They are being paid to be corporate whores so you will have no grandchildren, so I guess they kind of have an excuse.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Devil Dog wrote:
lol, you looked up my post history? Thanks for caring.
No, I didn't look it up. I've just been around to see your posts before; Really just a one-trick pony, not that hard to remember.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Man With a Plan
Freshman Poster

Post by Man With a Plan »

Devil Dog wrote:
The HA mantra, as always, is that you are right and the world is wrong:
Can't get any success with Western women? They are evil and wrong.
Don't have any money? It's because of bankers and Jews.
Can't get a good job? "The system" is rigged against you.
Stop worshipping Jew propaganda! They're actually using the internet to make certain men desirable and others undesirable. That's why I don't use the internet normally. I have a TOR browser with a burst transmission. Because I don't want the anti-west commie Jew feminist deviant atheists kicking my doors down. It's my god-given right to blame other people for my problems!
BACK IN IT! || Happier Abroad Discord Server now open!

Knowledge Seeker | Sleeping Revolutionary | Lone Wolf
Man With a Plan
Freshman Poster

Post by Man With a Plan »

Cornfed wrote:
January 9th, 2018, 9:11 pm
Devil Dog wrote:
Yes, I have DAUGHTERS who make in a year what you will make in a couple of decades. Of course the Jews, bankers, and Illuminati are not all conspiring against them. So they have no excuses.
They are being paid to be corporate whores so you will have no grandchildren, so I guess they kind of have an excuse.
Ohhhhhhhhhh. Devil Dog, he called your daughters WHORES, man! Is you gon' take dat? Beat dat nigga's ass, man!
BACK IN IT! || Happier Abroad Discord Server now open!

Knowledge Seeker | Sleeping Revolutionary | Lone Wolf
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Post by onethousandknives »

I have a relationship that is about to fail, or rather, I'd like it to fail as it's put me basically through almost hell, with a Vietnamese girl in Vietnam.

I had a very very long post written up and deleted it after posting it here. This one is just as long, but maybe more informative? Maybe not. If you got any questions, feel free to PM.

Anyway, one thing I read on I believe reddit, and it makes 100% sense thinking of it. The idea was that Vietnamese girls tie their self worth/the society says their worth revolves around getting and keeping a man. So Vietnamese girls basically try to do this by either being extremely subservient and nice, or by super controlling and manipulative and extremely clingy and jealous and paranoid, to extremely illogical and irrational ends, being suspicious of every time you don't respond in 5 minutes or less, and accusing you of cheating because you have a 60 year old aunt of yours on your Facebook or something. So you'll more or less get one or the other.

Personally, I think Vietnam is absolutely f***ed as a country, from a societal standpoint. I didn't like it a lot. One of the biggest problems I think with Vietnam, and maybe some of the other more closed off developing countries will experience this in time, is the Americanization/Westernization is hitting really fast and very hard. I thought it was actually more Americanized than Taiwan, in that a lot of basically first world nations are getting disillusioned with USA since their own countries are getting better, and USA is getting worse, and USA often doesn't even make logical sense to emigrate to. So I think compared to Taiwan, there was a lot more Americanized fashion, more American pop music playing, etc. TV, too. The big problem is, most first world nations had their first tastes of American culture in the 60s-80s, when our culture wasn't totally utterly degenerate. And now, it exists, but it's not exotic and new anymore. With these developing countries, it's very exotic and new, but they're getting our culture at its worst time in history, with Miley Cyrus compared to say, The Carpenters. The other problem too, specifically with Vietnam is it's taking the enemy of my enemy approach with USA now. They're even letting US ships either dock or refuel in their ports again, etc. Lots of US based NGOs are working in the country now as well, and these NGOs are helping and doing some good obviously, but they're also sometimes agents for Americanization in the realms of feminism, etc. With this Westernization, it's good now for Westerners, as it's very easy to find employment and women to be interested in you as you're so new/exotic/etc, but the future, who knows?

As far as problems with Vietnam inherent to Vietnam, I mean, it is dirty and polluted. Dirty is relative to a point, as lots of places in USA similarly look like bombed out warzones compared to VN. I'd still would probably feel safer walking at night in a Vietnamese bad neighborhood, but it wasn't ultra safe like Taiwan. Pollution for me was really bad, it aggravated my allergies (which I have almost no problems with in USA and take medicine for only a couple times a year max...) and no amount of medicine could make me feel comfortable allergy wise, with pollution and also the mold being almost everywhere (which they can't help much...) The pollution is just awful, though, I'm talking if you touch a guard rail on the street in VN, your hand will turn brown from soot. Food I found hard to deal with as well, in that Northern Vietnamese food is nothing like American Vietnamese food. Everything was pretty heavily fried and meaty. My girlfriend didn't care enough and didn't take my request seriously that I needed 2-3L of water daily there with no AC (almost no place in Vietnam has air conditioning except your hotel room, and even malls/etc if they got it, keep it at 80 degrees or so...) and she basically wouldn't let me out of her sight the whole time I was there, and I had to spend the entire time meeting relatives/etc and had no time to myself almost.

The other thing too, is Vietnamese culture is very very loud, and very outgoing/extroverted. I wasn't quite prepared for that. I found that hard to deal with, as I'm a pretty introverted and quiet person. Nobody has an inside voice, and it sounds like everyone is yelling at each other. People blare the horns 10 times at 2AM even if they're the only car on the road. The government blasts propaganda/Vietnamese NPR in the afternoon/evening over megaphones all throughout the city. People would litter everywhere and not care, light fires on the sidewalk with their old papers, etc. There is some fairly blatant safety hazard shit compared to the West as well, as in, propane tanks directly under the stove, so if you have a fire, your whole house goes kaboom, etc. Also, scams are VERY common in Vietnam, and as a foreigner, don't feel special, Vietnamese scam the hell out of each other as well. I only got scammed for about $10 worth of things thanks to my girlfriend helping me out, and I got pretty close to local pricing on everything, too. But do watch out for scams/misrepresentations.

Lastly, too, in my case, there just wasn't enough cultural understanding/ability to communicate well. Both on her end and mine. Firstly, communicate with her speaking as soon as possible, Google Translate does well nowadays, but in person you may not be able to communicate at all speaking, and it will suck. Culturally, on her end, I found her to be more blue pilled and lacking any skepticism of any government action/law, and basically more of a mindless sheep in these regards than most American girls, as control is conditioned early on in schools/etc, there. Just really accepting of those sort of things. Also there is some lack of understanding of even basic science, and things like germ theory of disease, etc. The cultural divide is just really high. I think if she was Christian, it could be overcame, and the relationship could have turned out OK. But a Communist consumerist mindset vs yours might take a lot to overcome. The other thing too in Vietnam, that they can't fathom about the West, and this again, messes with perception I think. The ideas of growth and collapse. Vietnam, my girlfriend got to witness her town go from a podunk little farming village to a giant city with malls and skyscrapers. Meanwhile in my town in USA all the stores are closing, malls are abandoned ghost towns, the buildings are getting more run down, etc. It's a very big difference in growing up, actually. In USA, I think a lot of people see that modern society is in fact bullshit, and actually do not lust after all having the newest toys, etc, simply as we're old and tired of it now, and you can sometimes find "alternative" people like that easily. But Vietnam just got started in this, and people will spend a half year's salary on the newest iPhone and be happy with it. To this end, I think consumerism is a lot bigger problem there, and they're so concerned about what their neighbors think, what their work friends think, etc, to a much bigger degree than a lot of people in USA.

Anyway, I again posted way too much. For your particular girl, the rule still stands, every girl is an individual. Culture is culture, but a girl can still be a bitch. Mostly the whole pure virginal Vietnamese girl thing is a giant scam/act and the extent of the problem is basically the same as in the West, from my understanding, anyway. Abortion rates are extremely high there. 59 per 100 live births, most Vietnamese women have had 2-3 abortions in their lives. As you've shown with the Chinese girl, you were willing to put your better judgment ahead of yourself when red flags were thrown up. I did this with said Vietnamese girl, simply as I was lonely at the time. Obviously it's easy to logically analyze this all in the third person, but in the first person with love, and someone being the first person that ever showed you any time of day, it gets hard.

Anyway, good luck. I'm choosing on this one (hopefully I don't get sucked back in) to sit this one out. For learning from other's mistakes, I know a man in his 40s that brought over a Vietnamese girl to here, had a bareback adventure with her here, and is now stuck miserable in Vietnam with her with a kid. So I don't want to be in his position.
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

You say: "She said there 1200 EU could last me a year."
YES YOU CAN!
YOU WILL HAVE A STANDARD OF LIVING LOWER THAN A HOMELESS PERSON!

WONDERFUL STORY THANKS FOR SHARING!
Anyways, I was about to give up on dating abroad entirely due to the scammers and such but then for the past few months I have been communicating with a Vietnamese woman. Her culture is very nice there. Very traditional. She hasn't asked me for money or anything. The only issue is she does not want to move from Vietnam but would prefer for me in the future to move there.
I agree with her living in SE Asia is awesome!
Living in Vietnam is awesome and less Feminist family laws.

Teach English in Vietnam!
http://vietnamteachingjobs.com/

You say: "Although she is skeptical of white men due to her ex using her and then leaving her at the first chance for a Chinese girl."
FYI and NEWSFLASH
If she is not a virgin. Especially if she has had sex with a foreigner.
SHE IS NOT TRADITIONAL
SHE IS JUST MIGHT BE A WHORE
REDFLAGS
1. Is not a virgin
2. Has had a foreign boyfriend
3. Can speak English

MEANWHILE IN SOUTHEAST ASIA
Girls are generally two types:
1. Traditional- Asexual cunts who are cold and will not have sex with you. And once you are married she will not have sex with you.
2. Whores: She date you and will bang her boyfriend from her home country. Meanwhile, she will take all your money and give it to her boyfriend (i.e. Pimp). She will f**k everything that moves except her husband.
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

I think a realistic living standard for a year in Vietnam is about $3000-5000, unless you're a complete p***y who needs McDonalds everyday or something. Food was super cheap there, I could get decent meals for $1-2 eating out. But I'm mostly happy with eating all Asian food forever, as long as it wasn't fried like crazy. Western food is quite a lot comparatively, though. As in, a simple banh mi might be 10K (about 50c) but a personal pan pizza sized pizza that's not good quality at all is about 80-100K, or about $5. I could get a nice big bowl of noodles with pork, and some tea and salad for only 30K, or about $1.50. Sticky rice I paid only....5-6K for, which is a quarter. I liked sugar cane juice the most there and that was only 5K a cup, or about a quarter. You need to buy water, too. Need to spend $1-2 per day on bottled water, or boil your water and use a filter (heavy metal content of water there can be high.) On the plus side, I didn't get sick in Vietnam from tap water brushing my teeth or any food, and I felt better from lack of fluoride in the water as well compared to USA.

Apartments are variable. Hanoi and bigger cities you'll pay more, but generally expect at least $150 a month for something with an air conditioner. It is super variable, though, and you need your GF to help you find the best deals, as a foreigner you'll otherwise be gouged.

Transportation is pretty bad in VN. A motorcycle thankfully is cheap, you can outright buy a nice Honda 100cc bike for about $1000, lots of foreigners ride illegally. I didn't, except riding my GF's 100cc bike in a park. I think VN is accepting IDP's now, but I'm not 100% sure, and technically you need a motorcycle license in USA for your IDP to be valid. But, most people do just pay bribes to the police at $20-40 when they get pulled over. But that wasn't a can of worms I wanted to open on my trip there. Public transport is pretty bad. Sleeper buses are fun, but awful as the owners overbook them and people sleep on the floor. Due to the infrastructure there it can take 8-9 hours for a 200 or so mile trip on said buses. I liked Taiwan a lot more for transportation, since the subway system worked really well and was really clean. Vietnam is planning on subways in Hanoi and Saigon, but they're vaporware at this point. Driving in general scared the hell out of me in Vietnam, they don't have a lot of driving manners at all and are generally dog eat dog with the way they drive, and don't care about anyone else around them. I think in really small towns and cities in Vietnam you could ride a scooter yourself and be OK, but it is downright scary in Hanoi.

For other things. Health insurance is ???? Probably get some kind of travel health insurance before you leave. Still should keep at least $500-1000 cash in case of an accident, etc, as unlike USA often doctors/hospitals sometimes will not do anything for you without payment up front and will just let you die. Internet and cell phone plans are cheap, I think a 9 gig data plan was something like $5-10. Ethernet line would be $10 or something, too. Vietnam does have very minor firewalling, but Facebook/Youtube, etc work, and the only conspiracy/anti-government sites that were banned are Vietnamese language ones, I think you just need to change your DNS to get around it totally. Medicine is pretty cheap there, for actual medicines, but if you take any dietary supplements or vitamins, stock up on them in USA, as they can be expensive there. But pharmacy prices for almost all medicines are cheap. Only exception is NSAIDs are sold 3 grams at a time only there, it wasn't much money, but if you're habitually using NSAIDs, bring a big giant bottle from USA. For me personally with the weather, I probably would have done a lot better with an electrolyte drink as well, which you'd have to budget in, especially if you plan to exercise there. Oh, gyms are stupid cheap. It was only 10K admission to one I went to, government run, but they let me in for free because I was a huge foreigner (really.) The better quality gym I think was only 200-300K per month, $10-15. Lastly, for electronics/computer components, it's a good amount more expensive in USA. So if that's something that interests you, buy your motherboard/etc in USA, and just buy a computer case in Vietnam. Same with laptops, there's not a good market for used computers in Vietnam like USA. On the flip side labor rates for hardware repairs are cheap there. But lots of technology is more expensive there. Cars especially are expensive in Vietnam, it's about 10K USD for a early 2000s Ford Explorer or similar, whereas in USA it'd be 1-2K. Also for clothing, if you're Asian sized, you can get lots of good clothes and shoes pretty cheap, but Western brands like Adidas/etc cost more in VN than USA for the same stuff. Knockoff shoes and clothes are surprisingly great quality there, and not expensive.

One obvious thing as well is a lot of items have no price on them, and as a foreigner you'll be getting a made up price on the spot. You'll probably need your GF to not get scammed, unless you're going to modern grocery stores or similar with clear prices. But on the street, the price is whatever they feel like. I didn't mind paying an extra 10-20K extra as a foreigner, but for example, my roommate in TW got scammed there and paid 300K (about $15) for a pair of $1-2 flip flops. So it's definitely better to have a Vietnamese person negotiate for you.

I think you need to be pretty adventurous to live in VN, and be able to tolerate a lot of bad conditions. There are a lot of good jobs opening up now there for certain, and it is the place to teach now for foreigners, and you do get a great salary. But it's rough, and a lot of the people simply aren't pleasant or polite at all. Some people are really good and really kind and great, too, but there's so much negative as well it makes it hard to offset.
JesseL26
Freshman Poster

Post by JesseL26 »

onethousandknives wrote:
January 22nd, 2018, 11:12 pm
I have a relationship that is about to fail, or rather, I'd like it to fail as it's put me basically through almost hell, with a Vietnamese girl in Vietnam.

I had a very very long post written up and deleted it after posting it here. This one is just as long, but maybe more informative? Maybe not. If you got any questions, feel free to PM.

Anyway, one thing I read on I believe reddit, and it makes 100% sense thinking of it. The idea was that Vietnamese girls tie their self worth/the society says their worth revolves around getting and keeping a man. So Vietnamese girls basically try to do this by either being extremely subservient and nice, or by super controlling and manipulative and extremely clingy and jealous and paranoid, to extremely illogical and irrational ends, being suspicious of every time you don't respond in 5 minutes or less, and accusing you of cheating because you have a 60 year old aunt of yours on your Facebook or something. So you'll more or less get one or the other.

Personally, I think Vietnam is absolutely f***ed as a country, from a societal standpoint. I didn't like it a lot. One of the biggest problems I think with Vietnam, and maybe some of the other more closed off developing countries will experience this in time, is the Americanization/Westernization is hitting really fast and very hard. I thought it was actually more Americanized than Taiwan, in that a lot of basically first world nations are getting disillusioned with USA since their own countries are getting better, and USA is getting worse, and USA often doesn't even make logical sense to emigrate to. So I think compared to Taiwan, there was a lot more Americanized fashion, more American pop music playing, etc. TV, too. The big problem is, most first world nations had their first tastes of American culture in the 60s-80s, when our culture wasn't totally utterly degenerate. And now, it exists, but it's not exotic and new anymore. With these developing countries, it's very exotic and new, but they're getting our culture at its worst time in history, with Miley Cyrus compared to say, The Carpenters. The other problem too, specifically with Vietnam is it's taking the enemy of my enemy approach with USA now. They're even letting US ships either dock or refuel in their ports again, etc. Lots of US based NGOs are working in the country now as well, and these NGOs are helping and doing some good obviously, but they're also sometimes agents for Americanization in the realms of feminism, etc. With this Westernization, it's good now for Westerners, as it's very easy to find employment and women to be interested in you as you're so new/exotic/etc, but the future, who knows?

As far as problems with Vietnam inherent to Vietnam, I mean, it is dirty and polluted. Dirty is relative to a point, as lots of places in USA similarly look like bombed out warzones compared to VN. I'd still would probably feel safer walking at night in a Vietnamese bad neighborhood, but it wasn't ultra safe like Taiwan. Pollution for me was really bad, it aggravated my allergies (which I have almost no problems with in USA and take medicine for only a couple times a year max...) and no amount of medicine could make me feel comfortable allergy wise, with pollution and also the mold being almost everywhere (which they can't help much...) The pollution is just awful, though, I'm talking if you touch a guard rail on the street in VN, your hand will turn brown from soot. Food I found hard to deal with as well, in that Northern Vietnamese food is nothing like American Vietnamese food. Everything was pretty heavily fried and meaty. My girlfriend didn't care enough and didn't take my request seriously that I needed 2-3L of water daily there with no AC (almost no place in Vietnam has air conditioning except your hotel room, and even malls/etc if they got it, keep it at 80 degrees or so...) and she basically wouldn't let me out of her sight the whole time I was there, and I had to spend the entire time meeting relatives/etc and had no time to myself almost.

The other thing too, is Vietnamese culture is very very loud, and very outgoing/extroverted. I wasn't quite prepared for that. I found that hard to deal with, as I'm a pretty introverted and quiet person. Nobody has an inside voice, and it sounds like everyone is yelling at each other. People blare the horns 10 times at 2AM even if they're the only car on the road. The government blasts propaganda/Vietnamese NPR in the afternoon/evening over megaphones all throughout the city. People would litter everywhere and not care, light fires on the sidewalk with their old papers, etc. There is some fairly blatant safety hazard shit compared to the West as well, as in, propane tanks directly under the stove, so if you have a fire, your whole house goes kaboom, etc. Also, scams are VERY common in Vietnam, and as a foreigner, don't feel special, Vietnamese scam the hell out of each other as well. I only got scammed for about $10 worth of things thanks to my girlfriend helping me out, and I got pretty close to local pricing on everything, too. But do watch out for scams/misrepresentations.

Lastly, too, in my case, there just wasn't enough cultural understanding/ability to communicate well. Both on her end and mine. Firstly, communicate with her speaking as soon as possible, Google Translate does well nowadays, but in person you may not be able to communicate at all speaking, and it will suck. Culturally, on her end, I found her to be more blue pilled and lacking any skepticism of any government action/law, and basically more of a mindless sheep in these regards than most American girls, as control is conditioned early on in schools/etc, there. Just really accepting of those sort of things. Also there is some lack of understanding of even basic science, and things like germ theory of disease, etc. The cultural divide is just really high. I think if she was Christian, it could be overcame, and the relationship could have turned out OK. But a Communist consumerist mindset vs yours might take a lot to overcome. The other thing too in Vietnam, that they can't fathom about the West, and this again, messes with perception I think. The ideas of growth and collapse. Vietnam, my girlfriend got to witness her town go from a podunk little farming village to a giant city with malls and skyscrapers. Meanwhile in my town in USA all the stores are closing, malls are abandoned ghost towns, the buildings are getting more run down, etc. It's a very big difference in growing up, actually. In USA, I think a lot of people see that modern society is in fact bullshit, and actually do not lust after all having the newest toys, etc, simply as we're old and tired of it now, and you can sometimes find "alternative" people like that easily. But Vietnam just got started in this, and people will spend a half year's salary on the newest iPhone and be happy with it. To this end, I think consumerism is a lot bigger problem there, and they're so concerned about what their neighbors think, what their work friends think, etc, to a much bigger degree than a lot of people in USA.

Anyway, I again posted way too much. For your particular girl, the rule still stands, every girl is an individual. Culture is culture, but a girl can still be a bitch. Mostly the whole pure virginal Vietnamese girl thing is a giant scam/act and the extent of the problem is basically the same as in the West, from my understanding, anyway. Abortion rates are extremely high there. 59 per 100 live births, most Vietnamese women have had 2-3 abortions in their lives. As you've shown with the Chinese girl, you were willing to put your better judgment ahead of yourself when red flags were thrown up. I did this with said Vietnamese girl, simply as I was lonely at the time. Obviously it's easy to logically analyze this all in the third person, but in the first person with love, and someone being the first person that ever showed you any time of day, it gets hard.

Anyway, good luck. I'm choosing on this one (hopefully I don't get sucked back in) to sit this one out. For learning from other's mistakes, I know a man in his 40s that brought over a Vietnamese girl to here, had a bareback adventure with her here, and is now stuck miserable in Vietnam with her with a kid. So I don't want to be in his position.
I totally agree with you 110% I just ended a relationship with a Vietnamese girl that has been living here since age 13. Actually she ended it because of her insecurities and drama from her past. She spoke OK English but far from perfect she wasn't one bit Americanized and retained all of her traditional values. It all started off too good to be true I met someone in America and Asian which I love who is not Westernized accepted me for who I am is not in it for the money and is down to earth and etc...

Then the problems started for no reason and I am a calm guy not a player or anything. If I didn't text her back fast enough she assumed that I changed and I wasn't the same man she had met before. She would send me a picture of a female who is my sister from FaceBook asking me who is it !!! She would cry over nothing for no reason just emotionally unstable. I am only friends with her now but I see all the drama on her FaceBook about her past it's never ending. She hates her Ex back in Vietnam for cheating with multiple women yet she still keeps his number on her cell... When I dated her if my phone rang or vibrated she would look at me with this face like if it were other girls calling or texting me when it was my friends or father calling me... She is very very selfish and jealous yet she can text her male friends and etc... I felt kinda bad for her and wanted her back and so did she but I chose not to go back no matter how honest, faithful, and caring I am it will never workout people like that are mentally fried.

Now I don't know if all the Vietnamese women are like this but this is just my two cents.
After the break up I was depressed for one week but not because of sadness just emptiness from the soul she took out of me she drained me spiritually. I would tell her when she says she was stressed, I'd say you are stressed over nothing for no reason you won't let your past go you finally have a good guy and you drive him nuts. So I don't know what is wrong with these women do they even realize what the hell they do and how they ruin it? I learned my lesson from this one now I know which red flags to look out for next time and if I see them I will abandon ship.

I rather be alone than to deal with anything like that ever again, My life is too simple and calm to have some cunt ruin it.
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

This is pretty much how I feel now, too. Just drained, and exhausted from her. Like yeah, she literally sucked my soul out.

So yeah, there seems to be a pretty good pattern or archetype of crazy Vietnamese women, selfish, jealous, clingy, paranoid, to watch out for.

Also they're very materialist as well. I mean, for all the talk of how American women want all your money, etc, at least dating as a guy in your 20s, and girls in their early 20s working at Walmart or something, most are just happy you have any working car at all and a license, and a bank account that is not currently overdrawn, and any sort of employment or legal means of making money at all. My girlfriend was mad at me for having used cars I need to repair here, and wanted me to spend $20K magically on a new car, whilst also saving to go overseas.
JesseL26
Freshman Poster

Post by JesseL26 »

Hmmmmm. The materialistic part I understand where you are coming from. But my EX was materialistic but not a gold digger. What I mean by that is she makes good money so like all women she buys endless shoes, handbags, and watches with her own money. She never asked me for a dime. I don't even have a car at the moment dude neither did she I would just take Ubers and it was no problem in that aspect she didn't mind at all. Like I said she would make the perfect GF if she didn't have all the drama and selfishness and jealousy.

Now I met one gold digger on VietCupid a 22 year old saying I must help support her with $500 USD a month!!! I told her who the hell do you think you are. You aren't made out of gold. Just lazy women that do not want to work she had a decent job at a Japanese factory in Vietnam and she quit for no reason.
Now shes apparently ''dating'' a 60+ year old Japanese man that could be her grandfather she says she ''loves'' him. For all we know he is probably cheating on her with other women since he has ''money'' to support her...

Another thing to note is that a lot of these women I meet online from Asia are cool but no one is perfect all have some flaws. But the craziest ones I met was my ex and another Vietnamese that messaged me on Zalo app. This other chick said that she loved me because I looked so handsome on my pic. Yet she has never ever met me. She would bombard me with endless messages about how I must wait for her and etc. I looked at her profile carefully she is legit because of the pics I can smell a scammer from miles away. But she is a lunatic. And lastly these women just met you and the 1st thing they ask is are you taking long to reply back to me because you are talking to other women? I was at my job I can't respond ASAP. So I told her first of all you are not even my f***ing GF what do you care if I am talking to other women or not. She says she wants to marry ASAP. That if not with me to try to tell one of my friends or any guy I know so that she can marry someone. So these damn women you just met online not even in person trying to control you asking you if you are talking to other women and you are not even dating.....

Are all Vietnamese women like this? Anyone with more experience than us on this subject please share your input.
JesseL26
Freshman Poster

Post by JesseL26 »

One thing I've learned is that there are gold diggers everywhere world wide. But I respect these Asian gold diggers more due than Western gold diggers due to the fact that they are direct about it they don't sugar coat it like Western women asking what is your job and how much you make etc...

These Asian women just tell you straight up so that's a good thing so you can move on and find someone better. Also avoid Asian women from 1st world countries especially high-end career women. I met so many from Hong Kong online and many of these women say that they have no time for BF on their profiles yet they are almost 30 years old.

One of them asked me what is my job I said I am a security guard and there were no more replies ever from her, I look through her pics and shes some high end career women driving crazy luxurious cars and taking vacations around the world. These women will end up alone in a house full of cats actually a 28 year old from Hong Kong had a pic of her and 3 cats in her apartment that says it all......

The best thing you can do is search for these women in 3rd world countries or from communist countries because they are so much more well behaved and down to earth but there's also bad ones too like everywhere else but Mainland Chinese women are so much better than Hong Kong women and more beautiful less fake beauty.

And that's all I have to say about that.