My brother is now happier abroad

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
mattyman
Junior Poster

My brother is now happier abroad

Post by mattyman »

My brother's moved to Japan. To cut a long story short, he initially went to there to travel, because he's always wanted to go. His career has been in the video game industry. He did a masters, was working for the same company that developed minecraft for a year, left his job and traveled to Japan, and has been working in backpacker hostels. Now, it looks like he might be getting a job in his field.

The important thing is, he's found a girlfriend who's from Hong Kong. She doesn't want to go back because the lifestyle is apparently even more workoholic than in Japan. My brother just doesn't like England, for the same reasons I don't, the same reasons you guys are posting on here, the same reasons Winston wrote his articles and also due to the way the UK is heading due to the incompetent morons that are in. He's gotten out and I'm happy for him. BRAVO!

ADDITIONAL INFO
After graduating his foundation degree he was on the dole for a year, worked a few dead end jobs including McDonalds, set up a company and was working from home at his computer all the time, sleeping in until 1pm. He got accepted for his masters, and things all took off from there
Last edited by mattyman on February 8th, 2018, 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Re: My brother is now happier abroad

Post by xiongmao »

Nice. I'm a Brit now living in Asia. I didn't like the way my life was going last year in London. I was worrying about terrorism, immigration and all kinds of stuff that really don't have anything to do with me personally getting on in life.

Now I no longer read or care about the news.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
willymonfrete
Junior Poster

Post by willymonfrete »

I hate cold rainy shitholes ......
mattyman
Junior Poster

Post by mattyman »

He's currently in Osaka and has been for the past 6 months working in a hostel but he's traveled around the country a bit prior. He's traveled around Okinawa archipelago in the last summer, where the heat is apparently unbearable. He was planning to travel to Hokkaido next (which I know gets bloody cold and snowy this time of year) and maybe deferring that. As of last posting I haven't heard any updates of the new job lead or situation. The important thing; HE IS PUT OFF RETURNING HOME & is happier over there.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Sounds to me it's because of his new girl friend. I mean work wise it looks like maybe he can get a real gig in Japan. But I think the big difference is the romance department. If he didn't have a girl friend and or dating was tough...I wonder if he would think differently.
mattyman
Junior Poster

Post by mattyman »

Quite possibly, had he not met her he may well be thinking differently. Even prior to meeting her, he said he prefers it over there compared to the UK, he says it feels safer, the streets are cleaner, the public transport is far better, & here isn't so much of a binge-drinking culture as there is in the UK. Still, meeting her has almost certainly influenced his decision.