facebook asking for your ID

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

facebook asking for your ID

Post by chanta76 »

Facebook block my account. They wanted me to send a copy of govt ID. I did send them one but I wonder if this is common. I don't troll or harass people nor sell some gimmick on facebook. I occasion my make comments on threads I follow so wondering if this happen to others.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Re: facebook asking for your ID

Post by TruthSeeker »

You can refuse to give fb your id. You can choose alternative validation questions to restore your account. Sometimes it takes a few weeks of trying but you should be able to restore your account. I would never give them my id. It's not reasonable.

I did give Airbnb my id because that's reasonable - I'm staying in someone's home or apartment, but some social networking site has no business asking for id.