Lee Ermey Dies At Age 74

Discuss news and current events around the world.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Lee Ermey Dies At Age 74

Post by jamesbond »

US actor and retired Marine R. Lee Ermey, best known for his role as foul-mouthed Gunnery Sergeant Hartman in Stanley Kubrick’s “Full Metal Jacket,” has died, his manager said Sunday. He was 74.

Manager Bill Rogin said the Golden Globe nominee Ermey died from complications of pneumonia.

“It is with deep sadness that I regret to inform you all that R. Lee Ermey (“The Gunny”) passed away this morning from complications of pneumonia,” he said in a statement on Twitter.

“He will be greatly missed by all of us. Semper Fi, Gunny. Godspeed,” he wrote, referencing the motto of the United States Marines Corps, in which Ermey served from 1961 to 1971 when he was medically discharged.

Born in Emporia, Kansas in 1944, Ermey bagged his first acting role while studying drama at the University of Manila in the Philippines, landing a part as a helicopter in “Apocalypse Now” (1979). He went on to appear in some 60 films, often in military-related roles.

A board member of the NRA, Ermey also hosted weapons-related TV shows such as the History Channel’s “Lock n’ Load with R. Lee Ermey” and “GunnyTime with R. Lee Ermey” on the Outdoor Channel.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/full-meta ... ead-at-74/
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Lee Ermey Dies At Age 74

Post by Cornfed »

An intrinsically likeable guy born when it was possible to be an intrinsically likeable guy and prosper. He did trade off his military years a bit, but oh well. RIP.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Real Marine drill instructors are anything but intrinsically likeable. My three at Parris Island: a black psychopath, a Puerto Rican psychopath, a loud-mouthed, ignorant redneck. Then when I got to infantry traiming the first sgt. stole every cent I made at the Island out of my locker.
GuadalupePenn
Freshman Poster

Post by GuadalupePenn »

Thank you very much for posting and
sharing this great article. It is so interesting for me