Jehovah's Witnesses Don't know their religion is a cult?

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Jehovah's Witnesses Don't know their religion is a cult?

Post by Adama »

Same with Seven Day Adventists. How do they not realize that pretty much all Christians, even the other apostate versions, realize that they are cults and avoid them like the plague? They must be still adding members somehow, but real Christians want nothing to do with them. And I've spoken to some unsaved Christians who also avoid them.

Information is available everywhere, but I supposed that, just like the Scientologists, they believe those are lies and defamation. How unfortunate for them!

And it is almost impossible to get one of them saved, because many JW has become false prophets, by preaching their false religion to others. It is a requirement for them to witness to others, and preaching a false salvation gospel endangers the soul of the one preaching it. Poor, poor, poor JWs and Adventists.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Don't know their religion is a cult?

Post by Adama »

Anyway, when I was walking home from church, I had a man offer me some "reading material." I told him that I belong to a different Christian sect. Then he says to me, "Then I encourage you to read your Bible."

Yeah, if I only read my Bible. He has no idea how much I read the Bible.

Go on YT to see what the JW religion teaches. It is absolute absurdity of the highest magnitude. A person would have to be as blind as a Scientologist to become a JW.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

However unenlightened Seventh Day Adventists may be, I'm awfully glad I had one for a 5th grade teacher, since I took from him a lifelong interest in good health practices. His views on the subject were informed by his church.

I had a JW girlfriend for a while. One thing to be said for that religion is that, far more than any other Christian sect, they inculcate a healthy, non-interventionist, peace-seeking view of foreign policy. They are not government tools.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

This life is for a very short time, especially compared to eternity. For the saved, eternity will be over one billion times better than this life. Unfortunately most of the people in those reprobate false religions will never live again. Eternal death is where every person who is unable to believe will go. In that place, things will happen to them which should kill them, if were they alive, and it will happen continually forever.

I'm glad they have some good advice, but if they are unable to believe in Christ, it really doesn't amount to much of anything.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Some JW false beliefs:

1. God is not a Trinity; the doctrine is inspired by the Devil
2. Jesus Christ is a "created being," who at one time did not exist
3. Jesus is not to be worshiped or prayed to-he is only an angel (a.k.a. Michael the archangel)
4. The Holy Spirit is not a person but is "God's active force" i.e. gravity, electricity etc.
5. Heaven is hope only for select Jehovah's Witnesses. The majority of JWs hope to live on "paradise earth"
6. Heaven is limited only to 144,000 Jehovah's Witnesses.There are only 9,105 alive today (2006 figures)
7. Jehovah's Witnesses are the only "true Christians." All churches and denominations are considered "false religion"
8. There is no Hell or eternal judgment ("Hell" is simply the grave)
9. There is no life after death except for the 144,000 Jehovah's Witnesses
10. Salvation is earned only by being a loyal Jehovah's Witness
11. Jesus second coming happened invisibly and secretly in 1914
12. The "first resurrection" occurred in 1918
13. Jesus did not rise from the dead bodily but as a spirit being
14. Jesus was equal to Adam (just a man)
15. Jesus could have sinned and failed in his mission
16. Jesus was not born the savior but became the savior at his baptism
17. God is not omnipresent
18. God is not omniscient
19. JWs are not sure of their salvation

http://www.watchthetower.net/reasons.html

1. Adventists Teach Salvation by Works. "In article 9 (of 'What Seventh-Day Adventists Believe'), it says, 'that those who are truly converted and love God will diligently study, and give heed to, His Word.'

"Try Seventh-Day Adventist teaching by the Bible. Do they teach salvation by works, or by grace alone? By works, of course, by Sabbath-keeping, by tithing, by law and commandments.

2. Baptismal Regeneration: "Through baptism we are truly born again in Jesus.

3. Investigative Judgment: there is NO such thing as "Investigative Judgment," it is an exclusive heresy of Seventh-Day Adventism.

https://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%2 ... hidden.htm

https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/arti ... adventism/

gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Adama wrote:
April 23rd, 2018, 2:59 pm
This life is for a very short time, especially compared to eternity. For the saved, eternity will be over one billion times better than this life. Unfortunately most of the people in those reprobate false religions will never live again. Eternal death is where every person who is unable to believe will go. In that place, things will happen to them which should kill them, if were they alive, and it will happen continually forever.

I'm glad they have some good advice, but if they are unable to believe in Christ, it really doesn't amount to much of anything.
What is the Biblical source for this belief you hold that those who believe invorrect religious doctrines will suffer eternal torment? It seems counterintuitive, to say the very least, that a just God would preside over such a system. You must have it on some authority you believe unimpeachable.

And how does this system of judgment square with Jesus's assertion that you shall know them by their fruits?
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

gsjackson wrote:
April 24th, 2018, 2:29 am
Adama wrote:
April 23rd, 2018, 2:59 pm

What is the Biblical source for this belief you hold that those who believe invorrect religious doctrines will suffer eternal torment? It seems counterintuitive, to say the very least, that a just God would preside over such a system. You must have it on some authority you believe unimpeachable.

And how does this system of judgment square with Jesus's assertion that you shall know them by their fruits?
It's quite simple and straightforward, really. In order to be saved, to avoid eternal torment, a person must only believe one thing: that Jesus is the Christ, which means He is the Son of God, also known as the Messiah. If a person believes that, they will go to heaven and then live again.

If a person doubts the divinity of Christ, if they refuse to believe that He is the Son of God, or if they place faith in their own works, then they will not be saved, because that denies Christ; they haven't put their complete trust in Him. The requirement to live again, to have their sins paid for, is that a person must trust in Christ for their salvation. If a person doesn't believe that Christ is the Son of God, then they have not trusted in Him. If a person thinks their own good works save them, then they have not trusted in Christ as the Son of God to save them from their sins.

This is unimpeachable.

The JW religion teaches that Jesus is NOT the Son of God. The 7th Day Adventists religion teaches salvation by works through the side door (by faith alone, but then faith includes works). A person must believe that Jesus is the Christ to be saved, and they must put their trust in Him, not in their own works, to be saved. Any religion that fails that test is a deception meant to take people to hell.

It's not just a matter of incorrect religious doctrine. A disagreement in doctrine here or there may not matter so much. However, if their doctrine of SALVATION is incorrect, then they will not enter into eternal life. That is the single thing that absolutely must be correct, even if everything else is wrong. If they have the wrong salvation doctrine, then they have "believed in vain."

As for judging people by their fruit, that goes much deeper than most people understand. Keep in mind though, that even sociopaths can do good works. False prophets can do acts of kindness. They may still work iniquity in ways that the observer is unaware of, but which God knows about. (And even worshiping the wrong deity makes a person a worker of iniquity, as does lending on usury and other things.)

Regarding salvation, many workers of iniquity have fully convinced themselves that they can trust in their many WONDERFUL works to save them, rather than simply believing in Christ. But just because they have good works, it doesn't mean they're not also workers of iniquity. It just means instead of trusting in Christ to be saved, they deceived themselves and justified themselves in their own sight, because they had some good works which they did for others (probably thinking it is a system of balances, which it is not).

A good example of good fruit is how many people they've won to Christ.