Most dateless men won't consider going abroad? Why?

What's your story? Discussions your reasons for going abroad.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Re: Most dateless men won't consider going abroad? Why?

Post by MattHanson1990 »

Kradmelder wrote: I think women have many traits in common world wide, but the social constraints and cultures regulating their behaviour vary tremendously, hence they appear to behave different.
For instance, hypergamy is one trait that women have in common worldwide. It's only when a society goes feminist that hypergamy goes unchecked, leaving a large percentage of men out of the mating pool. Not only it goes unchecked, it's also subsidized by the daddygov. In most developing countries, women are friendlier to men because there's no daddygov backing of feminism. Either their societies don't have enough wealth to effectively enforce feminist policies, or they're too inept to do so. They're also wiser to an extent compared to Anglophone countries (e.g. legalizing/tolerating p4p), although that may be changing.
Last edited by MattHanson1990 on June 6th, 2017, 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

The problem with many American women is that they suffer from god complexes. They don't honor men or traditional roles. They lust after ungodly things because they can't submit to God. That's also how and why they can hop from man to man without blinking. It is a spiritual disorder. This is not "normal". It does have to do with cultural influences though. American women were programmed to behave this way.
statnerd
Freshman Poster

Post by statnerd »

Winston wrote:
November 15th, 2008, 1:34 am
Hi all,
Momopi told me recently that most dateless men in America will not consider going abroad, that's why this site doesn't appeal to most people, even if its message and claims are true.

If that's so, then why are most dateless men in the US unwilling to go overseas? Any theories or explanations?

I thought wanting to travel was part of human nature?
Travelling is part of human nature for us, but not for many people. Many people are perfectly content just sitting on the couch, eating pizza, watching TV, and not venturing far beyond home. I have family members who hate travelling. They tend to be boring people who don't really care about anything outside of their own bubble.

Also, MANY Americans have misconceptions about travelling (much less living) abroad. They include:

-It's incredibly expensive. Going to a foreign country abroad is viewed by many Americans as something that only the wealthy do.
-Americans aren't liked overseas.
-It's unsafe (my grandmother was seriously concerned for my safety when I visited Japan, of all places)
-Everyone else in the world wants to move to the U.S. The U.S. is so wonderful, so why would I want to leave?

Most Americans just don't know any better, and that includes the dateless males. They have no idea that there are cultures different from the U.S. where respect and kindness are valued and not viewed as a sign of weakness.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

statnerd wrote:
March 16th, 2018, 9:27 am
Also, MANY Americans have misconceptions about travelling (much less living) abroad. They include:

-It's incredibly expensive. Going to a foreign country abroad is viewed by many Americans as something that only the wealthy do.
-It's unsafe (my grandmother was seriously concerned for my safety when I visited Japan, of all places)
-Everyone else in the world wants to move to the U.S. The U.S. is so wonderful, so why would I want to leave?

Most Americans just don't know any better, and that includes the dateless males. They have no idea that there are cultures different from the U.S. where respect and kindness are valued and not viewed as a sign of weakness.
I agree with your comment.

There are also other reasons why people from USA are not traveling abroad and often do not have even a passport and never have been even outside of their federal state.

Let me add to your list that one major reason is surely 'short vacation' - USA is a wide area and it takes a while to get out of it.
You cannot get so easily away for a few weeks if you have a regular job. Time is really a problem in the USA, you are much better off with vacation when you are from Europe.
statnerd
Freshman Poster

Post by statnerd »

Yohan wrote:
March 16th, 2018, 10:38 am
statnerd wrote:

I agree with your comment.

There are also other reasons why people from USA are not traveling abroad and often do not have even a passport and never have been even outside of their federal state.

Let me add to your list that one major reason is surely 'short vacation' - USA is a wide area and it takes a while to get out of it.
You cannot get so easily away for a few weeks if you have a regular job. Time is really a problem in the USA, you are much better off with vacation when you are from Europe.
True, but the Japanese don't get much vacation time either and yet many of them travel overseas. They also are far removed from Europe and North America, but I see groups of Japanese tourists all the time in NY, Vegas, DC, and all over Europe. They tend to travel in packs.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

statnerd wrote:
Winston wrote:
November 15th, 2008, 1:34 am
Hi all,
Momopi told me recently that most dateless men in America will not consider going abroad, that's why this site doesn't appeal to most people, even if its message and claims are true.

If that's so, then why are most dateless men in the US unwilling to go overseas? Any theories or explanations?

I thought wanting to travel was part of human nature?
Travelling is part of human nature for us, but not for many people. Many people are perfectly content just sitting on the couch, eating pizza, watching TV, and not venturing far beyond home. I have family members who hate travelling. They tend to be boring people who don't really care about anything outside of their own bubble.

Same surroundings, same circle of friends, same shitty routine, same shitty TV programs - no surprise whatsoever that these sitting ducks adopt a backward mentality. Brainwashing fodder right there!
Horahngee
Freshman Poster

Post by Horahngee »

I guess the reason why many date-less men here in the US/America will not travel abroad for a woman is because of the high risk factor of having to relocate to another country and losing his local-based friends or support group here in the US.

It is easier said than done to relocate to another country or even to another city in the US.

Money is also a big factor. It costs a lot of money to relocate and ship items from one place to another. If the guy does not ship his old items, then he may have difficult time buying new furnitures or items in another country where he also risks the chance of getting ripped off by the locals. For example, a new sofa could cost around $80 in Thailand. However, if the guy is from N. America, for example, and the local vendor in Thailand see's that the guy is a foreigner, then the price of the brand new sofa could be jacked up.

Another reason why date-less men in the US don't want to move abroad is because they are so "comfortable" (what comfort?!) living here in the US where they can watch TV, drive to the nearest shopping mall and go shopping, drive to the nearest beach to go swimming.

I laugh at these date-less men here in the US who also don't want to take the risk of dating or even marrying a female from abroad and bringing her over to the US.

One of these guys is a high school friend of mine named Terence. He's Chinese-American and was born and raised in Hawaii. We went to high school together. His last girlfriend that he had was around five years ago. Since then, he has been actively seeking women on online dating websites such as OK Cupid (LOOOL!!). I met up with him last week when I visited Hawaii. He works in a hospital and has also been trying to find girls to date at the work place, but to no luck, all the girls he was interested in were either already married, or already in a relationship with another guy. I told him, "Hey Terence, why don't you travel to China, Hong Kong, or the Philippines or somewhere else to find a girlfriend to get married?" He told me "nah, I would still rather look for a local girl." I bet my left nut that another five years from now, he will still be a single guy into his early 40's. Sad. LOOOLL!!!
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Horahngee ,

I feel bad for your friend. It sucks that in USA or the west it favors women in the dating market. Slowly it's even happening overseas. Very soon Asia will be over saturated with guys.

Africa maybe the last place..maybe.

It's EGO. Your friend probably think only lower quality guys have to go overseas to get girls.
suprmon
Freshman Poster

Post by suprmon »

No one should be intimidated into doing what they're not comfortable with. Relocation may work out for some, but a challenging endeavor for someone else. Just moving from one state to another within the USA can be overwhelming! Telling someone who's never been outside they're own country to move to another is like telling a child they're moving from a neighborhood they've been so used living in to a whole new one and switching schools to boot. We all know how that's going affect the kid! It would be no different for an adult! Like the previous posts stated; moving is expensive number one and second, you'd better have job skills that country you move to can use or you'll end up homeless in a country you know nothing about! Not to mention the illnesses and sickness you'll need to brace for! And contrary to popular belief, many countries around the world are not receptive to Americans, so you need to be very careful where you go to or could be end up being taken advantage of or worst yet even murdered! If one is considering repatriation the best thing for them to do is to make a few visits to their target country to see how they like it, then maybe make their decision. This should be a well thought out and planned consideration, so anyone reading this who has not so much as left the U.S. should not be a maverick when it comes to where you're going to plant your roots!
CannedHam
Freshman Poster

Post by CannedHam »

Horahngee wrote:
March 19th, 2018, 12:54 pm
I guess the reason why many date-less men here in the US/America will not travel abroad for a woman is because of the high risk factor of having to relocate to another country and losing his local-based friends or support group here in the US.

It is easier said than done to relocate to another country or even to another city in the US.

Money is also a big factor. It costs a lot of money to relocate and ship items from one place to another. If the guy does not ship his old items, then he may have difficult time buying new furnitures or items in another country where he also risks the chance of getting ripped off by the locals. For example, a new sofa could cost around $80 in Thailand. However, if the guy is from N. America, for example, and the local vendor in Thailand see's that the guy is a foreigner, then the price of the brand new sofa could be jacked up.

Another reason why date-less men in the US don't want to move abroad is because they are so "comfortable" (what comfort?!) living here in the US where they can watch TV, drive to the nearest shopping mall and go shopping, drive to the nearest beach to go swimming.

I laugh at these date-less men here in the US who also don't want to take the risk of dating or even marrying a female from abroad and bringing her over to the US.

One of these guys is a high school friend of mine named Terence. He's Chinese-American and was born and raised in Hawaii. We went to high school together. His last girlfriend that he had was around five years ago. Since then, he has been actively seeking women on online dating websites such as OK Cupid (LOOOL!!). I met up with him last week when I visited Hawaii. He works in a hospital and has also been trying to find girls to date at the work place, but to no luck, all the girls he was interested in were either already married, or already in a relationship with another guy. I told him, "Hey Terence, why don't you travel to China, Hong Kong, or the Philippines or somewhere else to find a girlfriend to get married?" He told me "nah, I would still rather look for a local girl." I bet my left nut that another five years from now, he will still be a single guy into his early 40's. Sad. LOOOLL!!!
Lots of good points.

I think many American men are, to be blunt, lazy unmotivated slobs operating on cruise control. One example: my business partner's brother is 31 years old, shares a crappy roach-infested 2 bedroom apartment with another unmotivated glue-sniffer, works at Chipotle, and spends almost all of his disposable income on Magic the Gathering. I talked to him a few years back and it was a non-stop bitchfest about his lack of money, girls ignoring him, etc. One of the most unpleasant people I have ever spoken to. I suggested he go back to school for nursing (his reply: ick... too gross!), go into IT (his reply: too complicated), go into a trade (his reply: can't stand manual labor) and about 7 other ideas including high-school teaching, working for usps/ups/fedex, etc. and it was just a non-stop barf stream of negativity from him. I even suggested he go and teach English abroad for a year or two in order to get out of the autopilot 'rut' he was in (his reply: too difficult to live in another country...)

You really expect this type of guy to go out and meet a foreign girl (requires time and effort), travel to meet her (requires time and money), handle the visa paperwork (requires money and a lot of time), help her adjust to US life (requires a lot of time) etc. while he could be playing Magic the Gathering or computer games?? Get real, ha! On top of that, there's a 99% chance she'll leave his sorry ass when she realizes she's not that much better off than she was in her home country.

When I went to my high school reunion a while back. I was one of a handful of guys who had left to live in another state!!

The real offenders IMO are the retired and financially well-off guys who are chasing divorced hags in Florida when they could be courting much higher quality women overseas. But of course, that requires thinking outside of the box, initiative, and the ability to handle some risk. Well worth it IMO.
Last edited by CannedHam on March 27th, 2018, 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
snede
Freshman Poster

Post by snede »

Last July I met a retired Army officer when I was in Mykolaiv. That week he connected with a lawyer there and they have been doing a lot of traveling since then. Great guy and he's having a lot of fun.
Horahngee
Freshman Poster

Post by Horahngee »

chanta76 wrote:
March 22nd, 2018, 11:31 pm
Horahngee ,

I feel bad for your friend. It sucks that in USA or the west it favors women in the dating market. Slowly it's even happening overseas. Very soon Asia will be over saturated with guys.

Africa maybe the last place..maybe.

It's EGO. Your friend probably think only lower quality guys have to go overseas to get girls.
wassup Chanta76. For my Chinese-American friend Terence, yes, he does have a chip on his shoulder when it comes to finding a girlfriend or a potential wife from overseas.

I just laugh at him when he told me, during out last meet-up in Hawaii, that he is using OK Cupid to find local girlfriends. He told me that quality of the girls that he has so far met, were over-weight girls, and girls with tattoos up their arms, or girls who already have a child, but looking for a "sugar daddy" to take care of her and her baby.

In fact, his mom was going to set him up with this girl from Macau or Hainan.....somewhere in the southern parts of China where his parents are originally from.

He refused to hook up with that girl.

I even told Terence, "hey, why don't you travel to SE Asia to find a girlfriend." He told me that his Chinese parents (they're immigrant type of Chinese parents) told him that they look down on marriage to SE Asians, especially the Vietnamese. I don't know why Chinese people tend to hate on the Vietnamese people.

Anyhow, it's your typical NE Asians looking down on on SE Asian people. Kind of like my ignorant Korean mom. My dad, on the other hand, is a 3rd-generation Japanese-American, so he's more open-minded and don't really care about the ethnic or racial background of the girl whom I date or marry.

Poor Terence. In face recently, he posted on his facebook page that he's looking for a travel buddy, preferably a female travel buddy. I sent him a message to his FB posting, "Good luck with that, Terence." He got upset with me. :lol:
Horahngee
Freshman Poster

Post by Horahngee »

CannedHam wrote:
March 27th, 2018, 2:20 pm

Lots of good points.

I think many American men are, to be blunt, lazy unmotivated slobs operating on cruise control. One example: my business partner's brother is 31 years old, shares a crappy roach-infested 2 bedroom apartment with another unmotivated glue-sniffer, works at Chipotle, and spends almost all of his disposable income on Magic the Gathering. I talked to him a few years back and it was a non-stop bitchfest about his lack of money, girls ignoring him, etc. One of the most unpleasant people I have ever spoken to. I suggested he go back to school for nursing (his reply: ick... too gross!), go into IT (his reply: too complicated), go into a trade (his reply: can't stand manual labor) and about 7 other ideas including high-school teaching, working for usps/ups/fedex, etc. and it was just a non-stop barf stream of negativity from him. I even suggested he go and teach English abroad for a year or two in order to get out of the autopilot 'rut' he was in (his reply: too difficult to live in another country...)
Canned Ham. OMG! Your business partner sounds like a mirror replica of my friend! Hahaha. Making all kinds of excuses of not finding a girlfriend, and the fact that these kind of people are "status quo" minded people. They don't want to get out of their comfort zone.

My friend is different, as he already went back to school, and now works in the respiratory therapy industry at a hospital in his area. So income and money is not a problem for him, and he's not flipping burger patties at a fast food restaurant.

However, he seemed very stubborn when I suggested that he find a girlfriend abroad in places like Vietnam, Philippines, etc.

When I went to my high school reunion a while back. I was one of a handful of guys who had left to live in another state!!
LOL! Same here. I moved away from home. Also good to get away from my freaking mom. I was helping her rent out our houses that we own by being the property manager and finding tenants for her. All the money from the rent income went to my mom. She did not even pay me a single effing penny. I could not find a job in my field back in my home state, so I left. Thank God for that opportunity. Same luck happened to you too.

The real offenders IMO are the retired and financially well-off guys who are chasing divorced hags in Florida when they could be courting much higher quality women overseas. But of course, that requires thinking outside of the box, initiative, and the ability to handle some risk. Well worth it IMO.
LOL! But that is the typical mentality of the average American guy, especially in the southern and midwestern parts of the US.
MrLee4u
Freshman Poster

Post by MrLee4u »

CannedHam wrote:
March 27th, 2018, 2:20 pm
Horahngee wrote:
March 19th, 2018, 12:54 pm

Lots of good points.

You really expect this type of guy to go out and meet a foreign girl (requires time and effort), travel to meet her (requires time and money), handle the visa paperwork (requires money and a lot of time), help her adjust to US life (requires a lot of time) etc. while he could be playing Magic the Gathering or computer games?? Get real, ha! On top of that, there's a 99% chance she'll leave his sorry ass when she realizes she's not that much better off than she was in her home country.

Well duh, these internet forums are a magnet for mentally ill losers. The dating scene actully favors men in the USA if you do the research.

http://culturewhiz.org/forum/topic/why- ... rs-men-usa
Horahngee
Freshman Poster

Post by Horahngee »

MrLee4u wrote:
May 4th, 2018, 1:54 pm

Well duh, these internet forums are a magnet for mentally ill losers. The dating scene actully favors men in the USA if you do the research.

http://culturewhiz.org/forum/topic/why- ... rs-men-usa
Then why do you come here to post on HA if you think this forum is for losers?

The dating scene favors what kind of men? If you're a white guy, then yeah, the odds are not stacked against you. So it depends on what racial group the male is from where the dating scene is stacked against you.

This is why I am really surprised that there are a lot of western white guys who travel abroad to places like SE Asia to find a wife.