Global Dating and Gender Imbalances

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
tradcom
Freshman Poster

Global Dating and Gender Imbalances

Post by tradcom »

Global dating is great for older generations, as can be seen on this site. However, for younger people, it is much less of an option. Unfortunately, feminism has spread and is spreading significantly throughout the world and will continue to do so, as younger people are much more connected to other countries because of globalization, including the Internet. Young females in many other countries now act much more similarly to American females (this is especially true in European countries, both western and eastern.)

I think another major cause of this is the skewed sex ratio, as has been noted several times on this site. The natural human sex ratio favours females. Only countries with either oppressive government policies or disasters, natural or man-made, have a dating market that favours men. As younger generations grow up in a world without major global military conflicts and with liberal democracy being embraced by more and more countries in one form or another, the sex ratio reverts to its natural state of favouring women.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Do not forget poor countries and religious countries- and those are many and that in order to be a feminist you also need to live in a country with a both good economy and a weak religion. When women are poor, their instinct kicks in and they start depending on a man for a livelihood. Feminism can penetrate a bit among the educated and secular middle classes, but it will have hard time penetrating the masses of working ( or non working) poor in countries with strong religions and weak economies.

Feminism coming to Indonesia? Pakistan? Not any time soon.

Also, do not discount demographics. In a country where there are more women then men, they will not be feminists as much.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

ladislav wrote:Do not forget poor countries and religious countries- and those are many and that in order to be a feminist you also need to live in a country with a both good economy and a weak religion. When women are poor, their instinct kicks in and they start depending on a man for a livelihood. Feminism can penetrate a bit among the educated and secular middle classes, but it will have hard time penetrating the masses of working ( or non working) poor in countries with strong religions and weak economies.

Feminism coming to Indonesia? Pakistan? Not any time soon.

Also, do not discount demographics. In a country where there are more women then men, they will not be feminists as much.

AGREED. GReat post - again.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

Don't discount culture, either! Some cultures traditionally show more respect towards men.

In my opinion, the OP just sounds like an American's elaborate excuse to stay home. Saying that every country in the world is just as feminist as the US is not at all correct.

If you're a young guy who's not too much overweight and not an idiot, then try spending a semester or a year abroad in college: it could very well turn out to be the best time of your life!
tradcom
Freshman Poster

Post by tradcom »

It's not an excuse, just an observation.

An American going to Indonesia and especially Pakistan? Not any time soon for the overwhelming majority, even of those who want to go abroad.

I already explained about demographics.

Poor women may be a good choice, but what about those of us who prefer more-or-less educated women? Most poor women don't get very much of an education - if they get one at all, that is.

I am not at all saying that every country is as feminist as the US; rather, I am only saying that the younger generations in many countries, are becoming significantly closer to the US in terms of how feminist they are.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

theyoungagegroup wrote:It's not an excuse, just an observation.

An American going to Indonesia and especially Pakistan? Not any time soon for the overwhelming majority, even of those who want to go abroad.

I already explained about demographics.

Poor women may be a good choice, but what about those of us who prefer more-or-less educated women? Most poor women don't get very much of an education - if they get one at all, that is.

I am not at all saying that every country is as feminist as the US; rather, I am only saying that the younger generations in many countries, are becoming significantly closer to the US in terms of how feminist they are.
I agree however, from what I have seen Europeans because of the social safety net and how citizens can pretty hold Government accountable for its actions will never adopt the Rugged Individualism that's so prevalent in American Culture. I never see this constant cry of "Independence" among native Europeans even the ones that have relocated to America.
tradcom
Freshman Poster

Post by tradcom »

That doesn't have much to do with feminism, though.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Well, it will make women less obsessed with independence and less hateful and nasty towards men- they will just be relaxed. The main problem in their case is not them hating men or using them but being picky- they want a tall, handsome young man with this and that and the other. Plus, they are more cultured in Europe and want the man to be cultured as well.

Indonesia is very much open with lots of Western people going there ALL the time and the girls there always look for Western guys. The thing is you NEED to learn the language if you want to court girls beyond the ones who hunt tourists, which is not a difficult one to learn.

Do these girls look bad to you?:

http://www.indonesiancupid.com/results/ ... =1&cache=1

And even if they have gotten education the salary there is only some $120 a month.

Colombia, Nicaragua, the DR are not feminist in Latin America.

You just need to know where to go based on how the environment/society, way of life, attitude of the people fits you personally.

You can never fight a 'perfect' fit, but if it fits you more than 60-70% then you are doing OK.

You also need to go to the right country and for this you need one long tour among the most probably candidate countries for you and then pick one/two that you like. Believe me, they are not yet as infested with feminism as you think.

The Philippines has plenty of educated and poor people and so does Russia. Vietnam, Honduras, too. If you have a Ukrainian passport, you can go to Russia without any visa. Kazakhstan is also visa free for you- and it is not feminist and it is educated and the people are classy.

No mascluline dykes walk down the streets of Alma-Ata.

And how many women do you want to meet? There will be one for you that is good, that is for sure! If you want 5-10 you can have those with enough perseverance.

And why are you not dating in Ukraine?

Shucks, I know girls in Ukraine who have degrees in engineering but who are poor. On lamine.ru, you can run a search in Ukraine and come up with 90,000 girls all looking for you. The percentage of feminists will be low, but the percentage of those who need a guy with MONEY to give them a good life will be high. An engineer in Luhansk makes $180-220 a month.
tradcom
Freshman Poster

Post by tradcom »

I started this topic as a theoretical musing, not a practical question. The fact is, global dating has become much harder for younger people.

Also, ladislav, don't you think I would be in Ukraine right now if it were that easy? I should note, though, that the FSU countries are not that poor nowadays.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Eastern Ukraine is pretty poor still. Kiev and Odessa are not. As a theoretical musing, it still gets a theoretical or now-matter-how-you-qualify-it answer from me nonetheless, if you wish. In theory ( and in practice) there are plenty of places where there are tens of millions of women of the kind you want and it will be enough for you.
The main thing in theory, in practice, in anything is:

1) to have enough money
2) to be in good health and shape
3) to have enough time
4) to go to the right place

That is what it all boils down to.

And there are plenty of such right places in both theory and practice. The only stumbling block is money. Assuming you are in good health. Younger, older, does not matter provided you know where the right place is.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

theyoungagegroup wrote:I started this topic as a theoretical musing, not a practical question. The fact is, global dating has become much harder for younger people.
I don't know if that's true over all, but many of the places which were global dating hotspots 10 years ago are no longer that way. The world constantly changes, so people need to be open-minded about the countries they will consider and not just make decisions based on some mental stereotype they've created after a lifetime of watching highly biased American media.

theyoungagegroup wrote:I should note, though, that the FSU countries are not that poor nowadays.
Take a look at this list of countries ranked by GDP per capita.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co ... per_capita

Tajikistan is number 147 (1 being the wealthiest)--even poorer than Pakistan, which is 133! I think Tajikistan should be plenty poor enough for you!

Kyrgyzstan is 141. Uzbekistan is 132. Moldova is 131. Georgia is 114. Armenia is 110. Turkmenistan is 103 (right behind Egypt).

Ukraine is only at 100, so it's still not that wealthy a country. Even if there are some millionaires and successful businesses now in FSU countries, it doesn't mean that the majority of people aren't still very poor.

And "FSU countries" include far more countries than just the Czech Republic and Poland. There are dozens of them.
tradcom
Freshman Poster

Post by tradcom »

GDP is all but useless, though. Here's the list that really matters: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_HDI

Notice how the FSU countries Ukraine and Kazakhstan have jumped up 16 spots since the last update, Azerbaijan went up 19, even Georgia with its crazy government went up 15! Some other post-Soviet countries were already quite high, but still went up; Russia and Belarus went up 6 and 7 spots, respectively, while Armenia went up 8 spots.

Also, would you really suggest that I go to Tajikistan, the only post-Soviet country to have an official religion (Islam)?

To ladislav, please do note that much of your experience, at least as stated on this forum, has to do with women (and people in general) of your own age.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

theyoungagegroup wrote:GDP is all but useless, though. Here's the list that really matters: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_HDI

Notice how the FSU countries Ukraine and Kazakhstan have jumped up 16 spots since the last update, Azerbaijan went up 19, even Georgia with its crazy government went up 15! Some other post-Soviet countries were already quite high, but still went up; Russia and Belarus went up 6 and 7 spots, respectively, while Armenia went up 8 spots.

Also, would you really suggest that I go to Tajikistan, the only post-Soviet country to have an official religion (Islam)?

To ladislav, please do note that much of your experience, at least as stated on this forum, has to do with women (and people in general) of your own age.
I do believe he stopped dating women his own age quite sometime ago if I've understood his posts correctly. Correct me if I'm wrong Lad but aren't most of your dates and gfs still in early 20s territory?

HDI is another interesting indicator to consider, esp. for general life quality. But don't write-off GDP per head, both nominal and PPP, either. Both are correlated with basic cost of living, an important consideration when choosing a country to re-locate to.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

theyoungagegroup wrote: Notice how the FSU countries Ukraine and Kazakhstan have jumped up 16 spots since the last update, Azerbaijan went up 19, even Georgia with its crazy government went up 15! Some other post-Soviet countries were already quite high, but still went up; Russia and Belarus went up 6 and 7 spots, respectively, while Armenia went up 8 spots.
Yeah, development happens. No one likes to live in crappy conditions, but development doesn't always imply a rapid change in culture.
theyoungagegroup wrote: Also, would you really suggest that I go to Tajikistan, the only post-Soviet country to have an official religion (Islam)?
I don't know enough about it to have an opinion. You simply said you wanted a poor country, and it's undeniably poor.

Anyway, I think Moldova is your winner. It's the poorest country in Europe and its culture is basically Romanian. The medical care is bad there, there are ongoing border disputes with neighboring countries, and it's a haven for organized crime--but this is what you get in very poor countries.
tradcom
Freshman Poster

Post by tradcom »

Only a portion of Moldova is basically Romania, actually. The other portion, Transnistria, is basically, along with Belarus, the 21st-century Soviet Union.

Also, I never said that I wanted to go to a poor country. What I said was that poor countries may very well be the only option left, and that there are fewer and fewer of those with every passing year.