Global Dating and Gender Imbalances

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

theyoungagegroup wrote:Only a portion of Moldova is basically Romania, actually. The other portion, Transnistria, is basically, along with Belarus, the 21st-century Soviet Union.
True, but Transnistria is much smaller than the other part.
theyoungagegroup wrote: Also, I never said that I wanted to go to a poor country. What I said was that poor countries may very well be the only option left, and that there are fewer and fewer of those with every passing year.
I see. Well, I'd at least give the semi-poor countries a chance before you get depressed.

Anyway, the economies of all countries don't always keep improving. Capitalist economies are very prone to financial catastrophes, so it won't take too much to make a more countries poor. Greece is already on its way down. Romania is struggling. Development isn't always inevitable.
tradcom
Freshman Poster

Post by tradcom »

Why do you think I would get depressed?

The general trend these days is the rich countries get poorer, while the poor countries get richer. In this light, the downward economic trend of the EU countries Greece and even to some extent Romania can be explained.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

To ladislav, please do note that much of your experience, at least as stated on this forum, has to do with women (and people in general) of your own age.
Not at all actually. Mostly in the 18-25 age group. I am 50 now but look 30+. Not breaking any laws and they love it. Why would I go abroad looking for a 50 year old?

I think this discussion should be centered around where we can go in 2010 and a few years up ahead rather than where we should not go and what can be done rather than what cannot be done. Otherwise we are just arguing for the sake of arguing and playing the Devil's advocate.

We only need a limited number of women and eventually one ( hopefully).
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Not quite sure what young is complaining about actually.

The main complaint of the women that go to AFA socials though they reluctantly talk about it is "Where are all the younger men...?" that's not to say their aren't some women interested in men 10-15 years older than them. But they would like to meet Western guys still in their 20's, maybe early 30's. So few of them can afford to go or consider it the path of a looser to consider women who are not American.

Any and all of the 'Stans are very poor despite vast oil reserves in some of those countries. Moldova like many FSU countries has very little to offer the modern world in terms of workforce, industry or natural resources. You need natural resources to be a wealthy country, bottom line. FSU workers are exploited in Western Europe as low wage workers. Those with degrees and high skill qualifications are often not allowed to pursue those careers in Western countries because they consider their educational degrees invalid.

If you want a White Women, you can take your chances with Western European Women who won't tolerate much more than a 5-10 year age difference. But I guess your in your 20's so that's not a concern. If you want to get married however, girls 18 to about 28 are not interested, especially those that have finished school and want careers. On the other hand, that cultural shift is happening but very slowly in FSU. A majority of the women in FSU want to get married and have children by 23. You'll just have to invest time into it, sorry but that's the down side, assuming money isn't an issue.

Its pretty obvious if you want Asian or Latinas where to go, so I won't mention it.

Not to always use myself as an example, but I'm 40 and look younger and that's not a joke. I have and continue to date women in their late 20's when I decide I want to date locally which is rare. The reason I am looking Eastward is because I would like to have children and while modern medicine allows women post menopause to have children, that's not ideal for various reasons. I also like White Women so... FSU it is. I haven't given up on Western Europe however and if I want to live in Europe that is BY FAR the easiest way to do it is to marry a local.
Last edited by djfourmoney on November 20th, 2010, 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

theyoungagegroup wrote:I started this topic as a theoretical musing, not a practical question. The fact is, global dating has become much harder for younger people.
Except that it hasn't. There are many places where a young man can land as many women as he has time for.

I think you live in your head in theoretical abstractions and that you don't get out in the real world.

What you read online about a country and how the world is when you show up in some nation, are two separate cases.

Example:
SE and NE Asian Women are submissive.

Total nonsense and not reality-based, at all.

Example:
GDP is useless.

No, actually a PPP Per Cap of 2,500 or less is a great indicator of the 'sweetness' of local women.

Example:
HDI is preferred measurement.

In HDI the USA is ranked above Canada. Not a chance. The USA is a violent, racist, addiction prone society that is obsessed with celebrity; one where you can be financially destroyed by illness.
tradcom
Freshman Poster

Post by tradcom »

First, I haven't mentioned anything about any women being submissive or not; please don't put words in my mouth.

Second, GDP is indeed all but useless; even its creator said so.

Third, Canada is almost as bad as the US in many ways. It is similarly addiction-prone and obsessed with celebrity, and quite possible more racist. The universal healthcare system is a sad joke compared to those in Europe; it doesn't cover quite a lot, including but certainly not limited to dental expenses. It is true that Canada is much less violent, but this can mainly be traced back to differences in gun laws.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

theyoungagegroup wrote:First, I haven't mentioned anything about any women being submissive or not; please don't put words in my mouth.

Second, GDP is indeed all but useless; even its creator said so.

Third, Canada is almost as bad as the US in many ways. It is similarly addiction-prone and obsessed with celebrity, and quite possible more racist. The universal healthcare system is a sad joke compared to those in Europe; it doesn't cover quite a lot, including but certainly not limited to dental expenses. It is true that Canada is much less violent, but this can mainly be traced back to differences in gun laws.
That's assuming Canada is Utopia which its not. Canada is largely not as dysfunctional as America, but unresolved indigenous rights issues, prone to copy American crowd control and protest tactics (See Vancouver Olympics and G20 meetings) and has a real estate bubble of its own (according to Dean Baker). Its health care system may not be as robust as the British NHS but that's because as you said there some deep cultural problems in Canada, not including the rift between English Speakers and French Speakers.

However you are young. Just do it! Do you have a skill that is useful in Europe, Asia or South America? If you do, then just sell your stuff and go. If you don't, educate yourself and go.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Any and all of the 'Stans are very poor despite vast oil reserves in some of those countries. Moldova like many FSU countries has very little to offer the modern world in terms of workforce, industry or natural resources. You need natural resources to be a wealthy country, bottom line. FSU workers are exploited in Western Europe as low wage workers. Those with degrees and high skill qualifications are often not allowed to pursue those careers in Western countries because they consider their educational degrees invalid.
The ones that went to the US and Canada did very well economically - at least eventually, as soon as they could translate all their knowledge into English and get new licenses and establish themselves. But Western Europe? Forget it!

The best thing for those countries is to unite in a capitalist economic union. The biggest mistake was that they tried to unite in a political union under a communist philosophy. They should do what the Arab Gulf countries are doing- uniting economically while keeping their political soveriegnty. Gulf Arabs do not try to emigrate or look for jobs in the West.

They can have a Russian speaking economic zone, but many are still reeling from the Russian control and seeing it as the revival of the empire. Eventually, at least the Slavic countries and the Christian Caucasus will unite in some kind of EU type block and help each other.
The Baltics will be absorbed into Scandinavia and the Stans will join Iran and the Arabs.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!