The problem with yoga pants

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
sentinel89
Freshman Poster

The problem with yoga pants

Post by sentinel89 »

Many guys think the new yoga pants trend is a gift to men from God. It is actually a curse. It fuels the thirsty male epidemic and our already overly sexualized culture. When you get married, do you really want your wife walking around with pants that conform to every curve on her butt and legs?? Yoga pants are like not wearing any pants at all. There's even youtube videos of women who have painted on yoga pants, and nobody can tell that they aren't real yoga pants. So when women wear yoga pants, their lower torsos are basically naked. Shouldn't the sight of her nakedness be reserved for you and only you, in the bedroom?

Also, it adds no benefit to the lives of men to see tons of girls in public wearing yoga pants. On the contrary, it is nothing but a distracting tease. It gives power to women, not to men. If you want to see a bunch of girls naked, go to a strip club.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Re: The problem with yoga pants

Post by Wolfeye »

Doesn't bother me one bit. I might get a bit annoyed if my wife were REALLY dialing it up (like if they were more or less see-through), but then I'd think she'd be annoyed if I was doing all kinds of athletics (possibly bare-chested) around other women.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I was out with the wife and kids holiday shopping a few days ago. There was this woman, a bit chubby and stout, in front of us on the escalator, way up, who was wearing short cut off jeans, really short. Half her butt was hanging out.

I told my wife in her language that we should say to her, "Excuse me, ma'am. Your butt is hanging out of your pants. I thought you might want to know. Please put it back in."

I suppose you could also say, "Excuse me. If we wanted to see your butt (breasts, etc) we'd ask."
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

How much is "chubby & stout"? Are we talking "Kathy Bates" or are we talking (when she's biggish) Jennifer Love Hewitt? A lot of people have different definitions of chubby- even Salma Hayek-shaped could be called chubby!
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

How about these yoga pants? :D

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
wanderlust
Freshman Poster

Post by wanderlust »

There's been various ways to flaunt the body through US history but it seems the trend has become far more mainstream beginning around 2000 or so, with women doing that now who wouldn't have normally dressed that way in the past.

I often hear women say, "I don't dress this way for men, I do it for me." It took me a while to realize they were dead serious. They were seeking male attention, sometimes, but only for the sake of a status boost. Not to meet someone, find a relationship, etc. Demonstrating their desirability to other women will give them higher status in female company.

At some point, the effectiveness of this is going to fade. In my early 20's (12 years ago or so) I remember girls who wore skimpy clothes getting hit on more and faster than today.
John006
Freshman Poster

Post by John006 »

I am a yoga trainer and I trained the candidates by wearing yoga pants from Siddhiwear, it is very light, after wearing all the I done all the asanas smoothly.
John006
Freshman Poster

Post by John006 »

I am a yoga trainer and I trained the candidates by wearing yoga pants from Siddhiwear, it is very light, after wearing all the I done all the asanas smoothly.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

wanderlust: You make a good point. I think the culture is a protest-ant one, seemingly there's a root there (Protestant, like in the literal sense- which it's not usually pronounced like). I don't get any of the shit that America is now, but a lot of it seems to be metaphorical imaginary nonsense- seemingly produced by people with too little mental stimulation or ability (maybe they've got too much stimulation & they've built up a tolerance to it & then act in the same manner as they would if they didn't have as much, since it works out to be the effect of "not having it"?).

Maybe they're so obsessed with freedom that they feel bullied by anything that exists (that it's "making" them believe that it's there & that it's that way)?