Is Our Earth FLAT and Motionless, Not a Spinning Globe?

Discuss conspiracies, mysteries and paranormal phenomena.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: The Earth is FLAT and Motionless, Not A Spinning Globe!

Post by Adama »

Winston wrote:
June 12th, 2018, 2:21 pm

Hey maybe we can go to the next flat earth conference together and meet some nice open minded freethinking new ageish type of girls there? lol. It would be fun and interesting. Such events definitely attract the most open minded types who are not afraid of what people think, and such types usually vibe best with us HAers and freethinkers. lol
But what for? For conversation? I meet people who I can have a conversation with all the time in Central Park. I met a Ukrainian girl the other day, and also a Russian woman from Moscow. Very interesting. I didn't hang out with them though. Also met a German girl last month.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Winston wrote:
June 11th, 2018, 12:58 am
In response to Adama's question to me:
Adama wrote:
January 10th, 2016, 6:25 pm
I am thinking of another proof. The clouds. As far as you can see, whether there is a mountain in the way or not, the clouds are all perfectly even as far as you can see. The bottoms of the clouds are flat. There is some invisible barrier below which clouds can't go. I think the clouds are flat at the bottom and on an even level at the lowest level as far as we can see, because it is a mirror image of the ground. The ground beneath the clouds is relatively flat, and even the clouds are flat, despite having nothing visible which might shape them on the bottom to be flat, and nothing visible which would prevent them from being uneven with each other, and nothing visible beneath them which prevents them from sinking lower in the sky than they are.

The lower most level of clouds all hit a lower ceiling beneath which they can't penetrate, which makes them all flattened out, like pancake batter when it hits a pan. And this invisible lower ceiling for the clouds extends everywhere.

If the bottoms of the clouds are flat when there doesn't seem to be a reason why they should be, shouldn't the earth beneath it also be flat? Why not have a bunch of rocky, jagged, uneven, haphazard clouds, with one here and there, but no pancake batter flatness to the lower limit?

And since we can see with our eyes that there is a lower limit, what in the blazes could it be made up? What substance could stop and shape the clouds in the sky? While allowing air, planes, birds are the rest penetrate? How's that possible?
Well the ball earthers would say that you can't see the curvature from ground level or even from a plane. You have to go very high in space to see curvature. Because it's very gradual. Also on a plane I have seen some curvature on clouds before, but it's very slight. I took a photo of it too. You can see a slight curve or dip. I don't think it's due to the window being curved because when the plane is on the runway the ground level looks normal.

I've been studying both sides of the debate. Both have good arguments. So I don't think it's certain what the shape of the earth is. Both the globe and flat earth models have problems. And NASA refuses to take a real photo of earth from space to settle the issue. So we just don't know. See the Brazilian documentary I just posted in this thread above, where a team of scientists test for curvature. It's very interesting.
Some people are unable to perceive the real truth. But, they think they are walking in the light.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Adama wrote:
June 13th, 2018, 10:02 am
Just because they believe the earth is flat, it doesn't mean I want to interact or hang out with them. Besides that, I have much more interesting things to do, such as becoming extremely familiar with the King James Bible.

Probably all the interesting things that are discussed, or at least the meaty portions of them, will be posted on YT within a few days after anyhow.
Well wouldn't you wanna meet me and gsjackson? Geez. :P
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Btw here are videos by flat earthers about how the sunset works over a flat earth model. What do you think? Are they valid explanations or are they flawed?

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Winston wrote:
June 18th, 2018, 10:49 am
Adama wrote:
Just because they believe the earth is flat, it doesn't mean I want to interact or hang out with them. Besides that, I have much more interesting things to do, such as becoming extremely familiar with the King James Bible.

Probably all the interesting things that are discussed, or at least the meaty portions of them, will be posted on YT within a few days after anyhow.
Now that is a thought which I had not considered. However, I have other matters to concern myself with.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Could the Earth be FLAT and Motionless, Not A Spinning Globe?

Post by Winston »

@gsjackson I'm not sure I'm going to that flat earth conference in Denver. The thing is, $250 for a two day event is kind of hefty. Plus the drive up there is long too. However, near the CA/NV border in a town called Joshua Tree, near the Death Valley desert, is an annual summer event called CONTACT in the Desert. It's a conference of UFO and ancient alien researchers and conspiracy buffs too. A lot of big name researchers and authors will be there, the kind that you hear on Coast to Coast AM. They will speak and do presentations and sign books. It's a lot cheaper and closer to Las Vegas too. Are you interested in going? If so I can research more info about it for you.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Adama wrote:
June 18th, 2018, 10:59 am
Winston wrote:
June 18th, 2018, 10:49 am
Adama wrote:

Now that is a thought which I had not considered. However, I have other matters to concern myself with.
You're too shy to meet us HA bros, not too shy to talk to foreign girls? lol. Besides, aren't you supposed to be open and willing to witness for Christ? lol

gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Winston wrote:
June 22nd, 2018, 6:02 pm
@gsjackson I'm not sure I'm going to that flat earth conference in Denver. The thing is, $250 for a two day event is kind of hefty. Plus the drive up there is long too. However, near the CA/NV border in a town called Joshua Tree, near the Death Valley desert, is an annual summer event called CONTACT in the Desert. It's a conference of UFO and ancient alien researchers and conspiracy buffs too. A lot of big name researchers and authors will be there, the kind that you hear on Coast to Coast AM. They will speak and do presentations and sign books. It's a lot cheaper and closer to Las Vegas too. Are you interested in going? If so I can research more info about it for you.
Looks like it already happened:

https://contactinthedesert.com/speakers/

I've never developed an interest in UFO's and ancient aliens, and have never heard of any of the speakers they had this year. Saving my pennies for the flat earth shindig.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

gsjackson wrote:
July 3rd, 2018, 12:35 pm
Winston wrote:
June 22nd, 2018, 6:02 pm
Looks like it already happened:

https://contactinthedesert.com/speakers/

I've never developed an interest in UFO's and ancient aliens, and have never heard of any of the speakers they had this year. Saving my pennies for the flat earth shindig.
Oh I thought it was in August. Those are a lot of big names. However, the entrance fee there is $300 which is kind of expensive. So maybe it's better we didn't go. lol. Btw George Noory of Coast to Coast AM was there too. Maybe I could have met him and asked him if I could be on his show. lol

Aron
Freshman Poster

Post by Aron »

@Winston
Well this thread surprised me. But yeah, the earth is not flat...
Honestly you shouldn't be so open to this idea. None of the physics of flat earth make any sense. Like how it somehow has no gravity. Gravity explains the mechanics of the universe very well. All mass in the universe attracts all other mass. Why doesn't a plane fly off the edge of the earth? Obviously it keeps getting pulled in by gravity continuously, gravity is continuously in effect. If you wanted to fly the plane straight off the earth you'd need to reach escape velocity to escape it's gravitational well. Why does the earth orbit the sun? Because of the sun's gravity constantly pulling on the earth. Which also then explains why the sun goes around the center of the galaxy and so on. It's all very consistent and fits what's observed without requiring every amateur astronomer who bought a telescope to suddenly be in on the conspiracy.

With Flat Earth you're basically just supposed to believe this Dome or whatever is magically floating for no reason. Why isn't the flat earth constantly falling at high speed, so that everyone on earth slams into the dome ceiling? Remember in flat earth there's no gravity so there's nothing keeping them attached to the ground. And the flat earth has to have a bottom at some point, what's below it? Is it turtles all the way down?

To make it easier to understand i will just put this video here. It gives a visualization of the flat earth and how it could not possibly work. One thing I noticed when it explains how spherically radiated sunlight would not just cover half the earth, is that even if it did cover half, areas like Greenland would be under sunlight 95% of the time regardless of season. Which obviously is not true.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uexZbunD7Jg
Flat Earth is basically just something people made up to justify Christianity.
Globe Earth:Earth is formed into a spheroid by gravitational forces over time, consistent with how physics work in the universe
Flat Earth:Earth is flat because....Goddunit!
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Aron wrote:
July 11th, 2018, 8:30 pm
With Flat Earth you're basically just supposed to believe this Dome or whatever is magically floating for no reason. Why isn't the flat earth constantly falling at high speed, so that everyone on earth slams into the dome ceiling?
Falling to where exactly? If most flat earth theories are correct, this is all there is.
Aron
Freshman Poster

Post by Aron »

@Cornfed

But that doesn't really make sense. It's like saying spacetime doesn't exist. Of course there would be something outside the dome, not that a dome makes sense. Even if it's just empty void with no air.

So do you believe in this flat earth idea or not?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Aron wrote:
July 11th, 2018, 8:45 pm
But that doesn't really make sense. It's like saying spacetime doesn't exist. Of course there would be something outside the dome, not that a dome makes sense. Even if it's just empty void with no air.

So do you believe in this flat earth idea or not?
Of course bullcrap constructs like "spacetime" don't exist. If it makes no sense for nothing to be outside the Earth, what does conventional theory say about what is outside the universe and why the entire universe isn't perpetually falling? That would make even less sense. I have no idea whether the earth is flat, but mainstream cosmology makes no intuitive sense.
Aron
Freshman Poster

Post by Aron »

@Cornfed:
Technically all mass in the universe is 'falling'. All mass pulls all other mass. There's no arbitrary 'surface' it all rests on. There's no real outside to the universe either.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Aron wrote:
July 11th, 2018, 8:59 pm
There's no arbitrary 'surface' it all rests on. There's no real outside to the universe either.
If that makes sense to you then the same thing should make sense with respect to the earth.