Additional Russian Visa Form for American Males?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Light
Freshman Poster

Additional Russian Visa Form for American Males?

Post by Light »

I read somewhere that American Males must fill out a special form when applying for a Russian Visa to confirm that they will not be spying on Russia. Is that true? I know many members on the forum have traveled to Russia. Did you need to fill out that form? I read only American Males are required to fill out that special form.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

GuyAbroad8293
Freshman Poster

Re: Additional Russian Visa Form for American Males?

Post by GuyAbroad8293 »

Who knows, ask a visa/immigration lawyer

Post by MatureDJ »

Light wrote:
July 12th, 2018, 4:44 pm
I read somewhere that American Males must fill out a special form when applying for a Russian Visa to confirm that they will not be spying on Russia. Is that true? I know many members on the forum have traveled to Russia. Did you need to fill out that form? I read only American Males are required to fill out that special form.
I didn't need it when I applied in 2015. I'm re-applying later in 2018, so I guess I'll find out.
Light
Freshman Poster

Post by Light »

MatureDJ wrote:
July 13th, 2018, 9:47 am
Light wrote:
July 12th, 2018, 4:44 pm
I didn't need it when I applied in 2015. I'm re-applying later in 2018, so I guess I'll find out.
It was only on two websites but there was no official website that had the forms and most websites didn't mention it, so I guess the form doesn't actually exist or maybe it existed until it was canceled a long while ago. The two websites said that in 2002 the US Government passed a requirement that required Russian males to fill out a form about military service history and additional information, so in reciprocity the Russian government made a form for American males about whether or not the American males would be spying on Russia for the US Government. There is absolutely no mention of the form on the Russian official websites or the embassy website, and most websites so I guess it never existed or doesn't exist anymore.