Are Chinese Women Heartless?

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
Traveler
Freshman Poster

Are Chinese Women Heartless?

Post by Traveler »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJm0ZsvQuAI

In this video, Winston tells us that in Chinese culture people are expected to prioritize their parents over their spouse. This is something that westerners often have a difficult time understanding. He also says that a Chinese woman will not date a foreigner unless there is some reason why Chinese men don't want her (such as she is divorced).
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on December 18th, 2018, 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Are Chinese Women Heartless?

Post by zboy1 »

Ghost states many truths: Chinese woman are indeed, too practical. Many can be too materialistic. But there is still a small percentage of woman that are suitable for marriage or for relationships. When you consider that China has a billion people in the world, that is still a significant amount.

Chinese woman consider 'family' to be the utmost importance to them. Same goes for most other Asian woman such as Koreans, Japanese, etc. If you don't like that, then don't marry Asian woman. Asian woman are also lean heavily into cultural traditions. Try to find a Chinese woman that is a bit 'Westernized' but not too much. A good balance of East and West outlook is a good combo for Chinese woman.

Like in any country, the stock of good women is falling in China and the rest of the world.
xtravel
Freshman Poster

Post by xtravel »

All Asian women are very calculating. That can be a good thing.
CannedHam
Freshman Poster

Post by CannedHam »

I'm married to a mainland woman although we're living in the US currently. I can see how some people would view Chinese women as "overly pragmatic" or "cold", and to be fair and some of them are, but overall I'd rate them well above-average.
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

Better find a Chinese wife soon because as my friends Ghost and zboy have pointed out, careerism, materialism, and feminism are rapidly on the rise in China. As a Chinese guy I definitely know this to be true. However, China is hands down the best country to live in and settle in compared to other NE Asian countries, there are still more down-to-earth places such as Nancheng in Dongguan where zboy's at. If you are serious about finding a Chinese wife, then please do me and the Chinese people a favor by staying in China and making an effort to learn the language. It will ultimately serve you better in the long run because it'll give you access to a wider pool of potential dates. Taking a foreign wife back to the US or whatever Western nation you're in / Singapore is shooting yourself in the foot. It's like self-sabotage. Finding a good woman these days is already more difficult than in the past, why contaminate her?

The key is to find a girl who is a bit more "western" or 'modern' to the point where she retains key traditional values at heart, but is otherwise more flexible and easygoing. The ultra-conservative Chinese women who adhere to Confucianism by the book are more likely to view their family of origin with higher importance than their husband, and tend to be more pragmatic when it comes to choosing a husband. However, you can still find women in China who possess a good enough balance of traditional and modern, and I believe those girls should be the ones to look at. Even though the number of wife quality women in China is on the decline, considering the population there's still a significant number, you just have to meet one and as long as you're a decent guy who is able to stay in China permanently and is genuinely willing to burst that expat bubble, I think you will succeed.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
CodeHarder
Freshman Poster

Post by CodeHarder »

I'm not Chinese but I have to be honest, I wouldn't be able to answer this question easily. I would probably end up saying my mother. I can always get another wife or girlfriend but not another mother. Sorry wife! That's not a Chinese thing. That's coming from a western perspective.