Poll: Should Darrell Johnston Be Banned From The HA Facebook Group?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Should Darrell Johnston be banned from the HA Facebook group

Yes, he gives harsh criticisms telling us that it's our faults we can't get laid / find a wife in the U.S, and that we need game in every country we go to.
53%
No, he makes good points. Keep him
37%
I have no opinion
11%

Total votes: 19
Darrell_Johnston
Freshman Poster

Re: Poll: Should Darrell Johnston Be Banned From The HA Facebook Group?

Post by Darrell_Johnston »

Winston wrote:
August 11th, 2018, 11:07 pm
Darrell_Johnston wrote:
August 11th, 2018, 4:27 pm
so evidence isnt required in this court?
The evidence was already presented. Matt made his case, and so did you. Now the rest is up to people's opinions. It's not hard to figure out why he banned you and his reasons for it. I started a poll in the FB group so we will see how that goes.
He didnt provide evidence, he provided conjectured report, you asked for screen shots, i asked for screenshots, he was unable to present them
Darrell_Johnston
Freshman Poster

Winston wrote:
Darrell_Johnston wrote:
The evidence was already presented. Matt made his case, and so did you. Now the rest is up to people's opinions. It's not hard to figure out why he banned you and his reasons for it. I started a poll in the FB group so we will see how that goes.
He didnt provide evidence, he provided conjectured report, you asked for screen shots, i asked for screenshots, he was unable to present them
Darrell_Johnston
Freshman Poster

1. You live in Vietnam right? If so, then you are a HAer to right? So why then do you speak out against the HA message and solution? I don't get that.
I don't speak out against it!!!! This is the whole point of me objecting, ask them to present a single screenshot of me speaking out against HA message.....they can't because I haven't. I already addressed this earlier in this thread.
2. You said that location matters, but so does self-improvement. Yet Matt and some of the other guys said you told them to blame themselves for their troubles.
No......I didn't tell anyone to blame themselves......again.....ask them to present a screenshot of me saying that, there is a massive misunderstanding happening here. I talk about accountability, not blame......they think that accountability and blame are the same thing....they are not, why is it my fault that they dont understand basic definitions of the english language?. And its impossible to iron out the misunderstandings and clarify what I am saying when I am ignored, booted and shunned
But the thing is, you don't know these guys and have never met them in real life. So how do you know if they are the problem or not? How do you know if they are to blame? These are strangers to you that you don't know right? How can you be sure that they are to blame if you don't know them? I don't get that.
You dont know them all either.....who are you to tell them that they cant improve their situation? Just because you couldn't doesn't give you any right to tell other people that they can't. I don't tell people they are the problem, I tell people that everyone is capable of finding purpose and increasing their value to improve any situation.....I never said it was easy, I said it requires hard work and endeavor, and I do suggest that the work required is too much of a burden for many people to take responsibility

3. What do you mean by self-improvement?
in the simplest sense of the word.....improving your life situation in as many ways as you can, financially, physically, socially, creatively, mentally......and purposely
How much self-improvement does one need before one should go abroad?
As much as you are prepared to generate, self improvement is a life long endeavour, you dont switch it on and off depending on what location you are in, every person should be constantly working on making his or her future better than their past
Did you know the Zen teacher and author Alan Watts said that self-improvement is a myth? At some point, continuing to improve yourself backfires,
See.....you think that self improvement is only a spiritual thing, it isnt.

If I say self improvement.....what I mean is creating VALUE

Going to university is self improvement, getting a new job is self improvement, doing a cooking course is self improvement, getting in shape in self improvement, starting a diet is self improvement, learning how to dance is self improvement, going traveling is self improvement, learning a language is self improvement, learning to public speak is self improvement, creating a movement is self improvement, learning any new skill is self improvement...

And excelling at skills is what gives a person value to other people because it gives them something to offer the world that other people want, so when I say self improvement it is increasing your value.....in as many ways as you can and bringing that value to the world around you. You can do that anywhere, its not exclusive to region. Developing your intellect, getting healthy, expanding capital, learning how to do things with your hands, build things, create music or art etc

It certainly doesn't work if you tell people to just give up and that nothing is going to help them......then they will just stay at home and do nothing....then have no value to offer anyone, there is nothing good about it, they wont find the meaning in their lives to sustain them through difficult times and they will be no use to themselves or anyone else, there is nothing in that that is good.....THIS is what I am against and I have explained this 1000 times and I dont understand why people keep misunderstanding my message.

I WILL SAY IT ONE MORE TIME, PLEASE READ IT AND TRY TO ABSORB WHAT I AM SAYING BECAUSE I AM BLUE IN THE FACE TRYING TO EXPLAIN THIS AND NO ONE LISTENING.....

I am not against traveling or the happier abroad solution, I dont deny that society has problems......what I am against is this.....

telling men they can not improve is ROBBING them of all opportunity they have, you have no right to tell anyone that they cant improve their situation, everyone has the capability, they are not retarded, but you treat them like they are.......just because you couldn't figure it out, doesn't mean others will not or can not.
Last edited by Darrell_Johnston on August 12th, 2018, 8:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Darrell_Johnston
Freshman Poster

All I do is encourage men to have control, they do have power and I have tried so hard to convince the guys of that but every time I get hated 10 times more for it.
Darrell_Johnston
Freshman Poster

And again.....if I have said something that isn't factual, it shouldn't be hard to debate me and prove me wrong, there is no reason to block because someone disagrees, censorship prevents the battle of ideas from resolving issues
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Darrell_Johnston wrote:
August 12th, 2018, 7:30 pm
Winston wrote:
Darrell_Johnston wrote:
What I meant was that he explained his reasons for banning you and why you dont fit into the group. It was clear and understandable. Not rocket science. Not a mystery.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Darrell_Johnston
Freshman Poster

Winston wrote:
August 13th, 2018, 12:28 am
Darrell_Johnston wrote:
August 12th, 2018, 7:30 pm
Winston wrote:
Darrell_Johnston wrote:
What I meant was that he explained his reasons for banning you and why you dont fit into the group. It was clear and understandable. Not rocket science. Not a mystery.
I didnt say it was rocket science or a mystery......I said it was inaccurate and asked him to show a screenshot to PROVE the accuracy of his claim.

You are running this like a court, but you wont stick to the rules of court. Thus, making this a kangaroo court

If someone makes a statement, it is either a CLAIM or a FACT, to determine if it is a FACT, the person must provide EVIDENCE, with evidence it can be proven to be a FACT, without evidence, it is nothing but a CLAIM......which is a baseless statement with no evidence

So if you really insist on playing this kindergarten make believe court room scenario, I must insist on you playing fairly
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Well the thing is Darrell, if most of the guys there in the FB group don't like you or want you there, why do you want to be there? Since no one is voting in the poll here, let's just go by the poll there. I was hoping you and Matt could resolve the issue here. If you can't, we can just go by the poll in the FB group. Even if you are right and Matt misinterpreted you, still the fact that a lot of guys in the group don't see you as supportive of HAer means that you must have given them that impression somehow. Men don't usually have miscommunication problems like women do, because men tend to be more literal and direct. So this type of miscommunication is rare amongst men. You gotta ask yourself how you gave the guys in the group the wrong impression about your views. Did you phrase them wrongly?

Either way, if most or a lot of guys there don't want you to be there, why do you want to rejoin it? Maybe you are better off here in the forum? The guys here have a thicker skin and aren't as ruffled by disagreement. They've seen all sorts of eccentric types so they can handle guys like you who are not on the same page as them.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Darrell_Johnston
Freshman Poster

You gotta ask yourself how you gave the guys in the group the wrong impression about your views. Did you phrase them wrongly?
I ask myself why the guys got the wrong impression all the time, I have literally clarified their misunderstandings of my views countless times and it still seems to fly over their heads......especially Matt, whom I have had to clarify over and over again, the clarifications are in this thread, you asked me to clarify and I did....but you didn't acknowledge any of it.....this is exactly what happens when I attempt to clarify in your group, they either ghost me or continue as if I had never clarified. So its not my phrazing wrongly that is the issue but more so an unwillingness of you and your crew to try to digest what I am saying.
Either way, if most or a lot of guys there don't want you to be there, why do you want to rejoin it?
Principle, I have done nothing wrong and do not deserve to be booted. I don't need to be liked, I don't expect my ideas to be popular in most manosphere groups, I am not in it to appeal to the masses, I speak to the minorites and enough guys in the group do enjoy hearing a different perspective.
I was hoping you and Matt could resolve the issue here
Thats what I want too, can you ask him to step up and finish this?
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on December 11th, 2018, 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darrell_Johnston
Freshman Poster

Ghost wrote:
August 14th, 2018, 12:33 pm
The whole self-improvement thing is a crock, and if you were pushing that narrative I can see why you weren't well received in the group.

I haven't seen what you said, and thus I do not know which narrative of self improvement you were speaking of. If it was the adapt-to-a-sick-society version, I can see why you were kicked out of the group. Either way, unless you are very clear, talking about self improvement can lead to a lot of misunderstandings.
Ghost, self improvement can be any number of unlimited things, you are right, its a complicated topic and not easy to talk about or explain in a few sentences, this is why it is good to open discussion on such things, sadly.....the discussion always gets shut down by Matt or ignored by the others, just like winston did above.....asked me to clarify then just ignores every point I made.

To me, when I talk about improving, I mean in every way and anyway you can think of to make your life more enjoyable and fulfilling. I have already posted a bit about it in this thread, if there is anything you don't understand, just ask.

In terms of mindset influencing your behaviour and decision making, I don't have to quote spiritual masters, I can direct you to the Psychological science of how power and mindset affect the brain. Its called implicit theories of intelligence.... If you care to read, please read.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Implicit_ ... telligence
whitewilly
Freshman Poster

Post by whitewilly »

Darrell_Johnston wrote:
August 15th, 2018, 3:44 am
Ghost wrote:
August 14th, 2018, 12:33 pm
The whole self-improvement thing is a crock, and if you were pushing that narrative I can see why you weren't well received in the group.

I haven't seen what you said, and thus I do not know which narrative of self improvement you were speaking of. If it was the adapt-to-a-sick-society version, I can see why you were kicked out of the group. Either way, unless you are very clear, talking about self improvement can lead to a lot of misunderstandings.
Ghost, self improvement can be any number of unlimited things, you are right, its a complicated topic and not easy to talk about or explain in a few sentences, this is why it is good to open discussion on such things, sadly.....the discussion always gets shut down by Matt or ignored by the others, just like winston did above.....asked me to clarify then just ignores every point I made.

To me, when I talk about improving, I mean in every way and anyway you can think of to make your life more enjoyable and fulfilling. I have already posted a bit about it in this thread, if there is anything you don't understand, just ask.

In terms of mindset influencing your behaviour and decision making, I don't have to quote spiritual masters, I can direct you to the Psychological science of how power and mindset affect the brain. Its called implicit theories of intelligence.... If you care to read, please read.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Implicit_ ... telligence
We have no tolerance for people like you around here sir! Self improvement? Get real! Here's a good summary of who we are!

https://bit.ly/2PaBafy
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ghost makes some good points.

Men are usually simple, straightforward and direct. They dont usually have miscommunication problems like this. Especially if both parties are from western cultures. So this is unusual.

Plus matt hanson is a very bright guy. He wouldnt ban someone without a good reason. Very few people get banned from the FB group. So this is strange if theres some misunderstanding, as Darrell claims.

Ill go into the FB group archive and look to see what Darrell posted to figure out if there was any misunderstanding or not. If Darrell is an educated intelligent western male i dont understand why hes being misunderstood as he claims. This is a bit strange.

I talked to darrell on the phone before and he seems to be on another wavelength and is not always to the point. It seems like he likes to be indirect a lot. And sometimes i dont get his point.

Darrell_Johnston
Freshman Poster

Darrell_Johnston wrote:
August 15th, 2018, 3:44 am
whitewilly wrote:
August 15th, 2018, 4:00 am
We have no tolerance for people like you around here sir! Self improvement? Get real! Here's a good summary of who we are!

https://bit.ly/2PaBafy
-------------------

In other words....."please stop trying to put the responsibility of my life onto me, i am not responsible for my own actions, behaviours or decisions"
Did you read the link I posted?
Last edited by Darrell_Johnston on August 15th, 2018, 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darrell_Johnston
Freshman Poster

Winston wrote:
August 15th, 2018, 1:47 pm
Ghost makes some good points.

Men are usually simple, straightforward and direct. They dont usually have miscommunication problems like this. Especially if both parties are from western cultures. So this is unusual.
Its far from unusual from the men in your group....least not you who asks me questions and completely ignores the answers I give
Plus matt hanson is a very bright guy. He wouldnt ban someone without a good reason. Very few people get banned from the FB group. So this is strange if theres some misunderstanding, as Darrell claims.
Are you sure about that? how come such a bright guy cant debate? how come such a bright guy has to block every time he runs out of argument? How come this bright guy isn't here now destroying me with his bright ideas?
Ill go into the FB group archive and look to see what Darrell posted to figure out if there was any misunderstanding or not. If Darrell is an educated intelligent western male i dont understand why hes being misunderstood as he claims. This is a bit strange.
Go to the last post I made.....the one I got banned for, and tell me what I did wrong?
I talked to darrell on the phone before and he seems to be on another wavelength and is not always to the point. It seems like he likes to be indirect a lot. And sometimes i dont get his point.
Thats your fault you cant understand, not mine. your line kept getting cut off and you couldnt hear me, and its clear from the recording that most of the times you were not listening to what I was saying or allowing me to walk you through a train of thought that could help you get clarity, so most of what I was explaining didnt go through to you.