Has the Divine Feminine and Goddess Worship (Sophia, Gaia) Been Suppressed by a Patriarchical Conspiracy?

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Winston
Site Admin

Has the Divine Feminine and Goddess Worship (Sophia, Gaia) Been Suppressed by a Patriarchical Conspiracy?

Post by Winston »

Check out these interesting videos by some Gnostics and New Agers about how the Divine Feminine and the Goddess Sophia has been suppressed by a patriarchical conspiracy for the last 2000 years or more, and how ancient pre-Christian religions all worshipped the divine feminine nature of the Goddess and Godhead, known as Sophia, Gaia, Venus, Lucifer, and other names. What do you think? Do you think it's legit? Is Mother Nature a divine being or essence that ought to be worshipped too, just as God is? Is the Divine Feminine essential to spirituality?

This is obviously a very popular idea among New Age women of course, who claim that the Divine Feminine is now making a comeback. These videos are interesting and mind blowing. They are biased on the Gnostic tex known as The Pistis of Sophia and others, and worth checking out sometime.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Has the Divine Feminine (Goddess Sophia) been suppressed by a conspiracy?

Post by Winston »

This man explains the mysteries of Sophia. It's mind blowing and really out there and very esoteric too. I'm not sure I understand everything he's saying. lol. @Mr S what do you think of all this?

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Has the Divine Feminine (Goddess Sophia) been suppressed by a conspiracy?

Post by Winston »

Audiobook of the Gnostic Gospel known as The Pistis Sophia, part 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGT912r3Z1M

Here is the Sophia Creation story, if anyone's interested. It explains a lot that the Bible and Genesis do not. So it has a lot of appeal among New Agers, Gnostics and esoteric truth seekers (like me and Mr S lol).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIFETsz8eBY

Some of you guys are probably rolling your eyes at this topic. lol

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Has the Divine Feminine (Goddess Sophia/Gaia) been suppressed by a conspiracy?

Post by Winston »

Wow check this out. The world's first AI female robot is named Sophia and she can hold a conversation and talk about nonduality lol, as you can see in this video below where her makers demonstrate her intelligent conversational capabilities. It's very creepy. Apparently, the Illuminati want to name her Sophia so they can try to turn the divine feminine artificial, which is the main goal of the archons, to make everything artificial in accord with their consciousness, and live through us because we have real souls that the archons don't. They also want to make AI the new "wisdom" for us to all emulate. Crazy and disturbing. Just as they did with the Goddess ISIS by turning the name into that of a terrorist group. Their intent is so obvious.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Has the Divine Feminine (Goddess Sophia/Gaia) been suppressed by a conspiracy?

Post by Winston »

Here's your Goddess of Wisdom Sophia guys. lol. Bow down and worship her now. Especially you guys who say not to put women on a pedestal. lol

Sites that worship Sophia.

http://www.sophiatempleoflight.com

http://www.sophialineage.com/

http://www.ourspirit.com/

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Btw guys you won't believe this. Did you know that in pre-Christian times, when you went to a pagan temple with goddess worship in it, the temple priestess would actually give you great SEX and treat it like a sacred act too, that was part of the ritual of goddess worship, on the path to enlightenment and divinity? Wow lol.

Meaning that the SEX would be GOOD, like in Thailand, because it's part of the culture and has no guilt or impurity associated with it, like it does in Judeo-Christian cultures (not just in the West, but in the Philippines too) and thus can be enjoyed fully and sacredly without any guilt? Wow that must have been soooooo cool!

You see, in the pre-Christian era, the concept of "purity" did not mean to have no naughty or sexual thoughts, like Western culture defines "purity" today. But in fact it meant to be yourself and be who you are. Not to suppress who you are. Wow. That must have been so cool and so authentic! That's the way it should be!

Robert Sepehr, a crypto Aryan researcher, explains more in this video. Very mind blowing.

Also, he talks about Sophia and Baphomet here.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Has the Divine Feminine (Goddess Sophia or Gaia) been suppressed by a patriarchical conspiracy?

Post by Winston »

Sophia the Gnostic Goddess - Manifest the Lost Goddess in Your Life by Dr Joanna Kujawa

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Has the Divine Feminine and Goddess Worship (Sophia, Gaia) been suppressed by a patriarchical conspiracy?

Post by Winston »

More artistic depictions of Sophia and the Divine Goddess and Sacred Feminine. Very beautiful and spiritual.

Here's a famous painting from 1901 called "Accolade" of a knight being Knighted by a beautiful princess or goddess. I like to see this surreal princess as the Divine Goddess, since she looks so surreal and divine.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Has the Divine Feminine and Goddess Worship (Sophia, Gaia) been suppressed by a patriarchical conspiracy?

Post by Winston »

Sophia in a nutshell.

http://www.gnostic-jesus.com/gnostic-je ... -myth.html

The Sophia Myth

As one becomes more familiar with the Gnostic creation myth and the Gnostic belief that the world was created by an ignorant, false god, one will also be able to better appreciate the myth of Sophia. In Gnostic tradition, Sophia is regarded as wisdom. To the Gnostics, Sophia is the mother that emanated the demiurge (called Yaldabaoth, Sakla, Samael, and other names in Gnostic texts) without the permission of the Father.

While her fall from grace varies throughout different traditions and texts (in Sethian scriptures, Sophia merely produces the demiurge, while the Valentinians hold that she actually was separated into two entities, a lower and an upper being), Sophia is still regarded in Gnosticism as the bride of Christ and the female counterpart to God. Through her redemption through Christ, Sophia’s redemption is the central drama of the universe. Gnostics believe that Sophia is analogous to the human spirit and resides in each human as the divine spark. On the pages for each Gnostic sect, detailed accounts of their own Sophia myth are given.

http://sophialineage.com/

Who is Sophia?

Her name is synonymous with “Wisdom,” “Divine Feminine,” “Shakti,” and “Great Mother.”

She has been called many different names through time and traditions. Among them are: “Isis,”“Cybele,” “All-Mother,” “Holy Mother.” She is the “first idea of Creation,” the sound that carried the vibration and signature of Matter; she is the “Prima Materia” of Alchemy, the “Anima Mundi or World Soul,” and the limitless light of Kabbalah, “Ain Soph Aur.”

AND…She is largely Forgotten. Sophia Lineage is dedicated to Her Story, and to the essential need for us to Re-member Her.

Gnostic texts largely unearthed in 1945, brought the importance of Sophia and of Mary Magdalene to light, and changed a way of thinking about the Feminine in relationship to 2000 years of Patriarchy and oppression. Many scholars have pursued the importance of re-establishing the Feminine to our cosmological view and to our creation stories, which form and influence how people find their place in culture.

https://www.gaia.com/article/worlds-sou ... yth-sophia

The Myth of the Divine Sophia

In the Gnostic myth of how the world works, Sophia, the feminine personification of wisdom, lives happily with spirits of light (especially her twin brother), in the unified limitless potential of her Father’s radiance, created by the twin powers of Depth and Silence.

She’s so dizzy with love for the Creative Source that when she sees a brilliant shimmering light below, she flings herself down into the darkness, mistakenly following what she believes to be her Father’s radiance, fooled by a mere reflection. There, in the abysmal unrealized potential of the world, she is trapped – separated from the light, the spiritual realization of Gnosis – the knowledge of transcendent unity.

"Water finds its greatest power by seeking its lowest point."
- Zen saying

There, the powers of the underworld have their way with her, using, abusing, and exploiting her, until all she knows is sadness in the struggle to return herself up to the light she has lost, but not forgotten. She gives birth to a bunch of bad boys, demigods called archons, including the worst of them all, the demiurge who becomes the creator of this world, infecting it with pride, ignorance, fear, and his lust for power and pleasure.

But Sophia remains present, and in her resurgent power she brings great beauty and spiritual potential to the Earthly realm and its inhabitants. Witnessing the irresponsible creation of the world by her errant offspring, Sophia conceals Consciousness in the body of the demiurge’s first man, “Adam,” and then brings it into the world as “Eve.”

Finally, Sophia breaks free and ascends back up to the true light of life, raising humanity with her ever so slightly. But she refuses to abandon the sad world of humans, and so she divides herself, keeping a part below, ever present and available for the enlightenment of all.

Here, we may call that Gaia – the consciousness of the world.

Back up in the celestial realm of spiritual light, Sophia rediscovers Gnosis by joining her twin brother in a “marriage” of reunification, balancing the masculine ego of unrealized potential, and uniting it with the sacred feminine – made ever more powerful by adversity – into an androgynous whole. A complete person, full with the knowledge of the transcendent, unified light.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

The Wisdom of Sophia, a documentary about female psychic power.

Sophia Fellowship site

https://sophian.org/about-us.html

The Pistis Sophia

http://www.obinfonet.ro/docs/apocrif/pistissofia.pdf

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Gnostic author John Lamb Lash, author of "Not In His Image", has done a lot of interesting podcast interviews about the Sophianic Creation Story and Gnosticism. Here are some.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

A few more. Very mind blowing.

We get deeply acquainted with the Gnostic Sophia in all her aspects: theological, mythological, and psychological. This exploration takes us to the Pagan and Jewish pedigree of Sophia, from the Shekinah to Athena to every avatar in between. And then even to her extraterrestrial/Anunnaki possibilities. Our journey of understanding Lady Wisdom expands to the goddess archetype, including her suppression and possible return to an unbalanced cosmos.

Astral Guests — Jordan Stratford, Sorita d’Este, John Lamb Lash, Tricia McCannon, and Barbara Walker.

Taboo question I posted under the podcast:

"To the lady in this podcast: If women are wiser than men, then how come almost all philosophers are MEN, not women? Why are there so few female philosophers? And the few that have existed aren't even that famous. Also why are women more materialistic than men and why do they go shopping to fill their void? New Age women never address this. Why do women especially in Asia judge men by their financial status but men do not judge their women that way? Why do women love luxury hotels but men are happy with spartan accommodations? Especially in Asia where women are HYPER materialistic and pragmatic and have ZERO interest in philosophy or spirituality?"

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Has the Divine Feminine and Goddess Worship (Sophia, Gaia) Been Suppressed by a Patriarchical Conspiracy?

Post by Winston »

The Buddhist Goddess Guan Yin, equivalent of the Virgin Mary in Catholicism. Who is she? See below.

"If you need a friend, someone who has PROVEN that they would give up all of eternity just for YOU, watch this video."

Kelly Toh
8 months ago (edited)
Chanting sincerely "Namo Kwan Shi Yin Pusha" continuously non-stop can liberate anyone in difficulty, danger ,in suffering or in pain..She has Great Compassion to save anyone in trouble!! She Always will Respond to u.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Has the Divine Feminine and Goddess Worship (Sophia, Gaia) Been Suppressed by a Patriarchical Conspiracy?

Post by Winston »

Chinese movie about Guan Yin with English subs.

The Many Forms of Avalokiteshvara
By Meher McArthur

To many practitioners of the Mahayana schools of Buddhism of East Asia and the esoteric traditions of the Himalayas and Japan, bodhisattvas, or “enlightenment beings,” hold as much importance in daily practice and beliefs as Shakyamuni Buddha himself. Unlike the Buddha, who attained enlightenment and then transcended the human realm, bodhisattvas are said to have postponed their own enlightenment, or nirvana, to remain in this world to help other sentient beings attain enlightenment. Of the many bodhisattvas in the Buddhist pantheon, the most widely revered is Avalokiteshvara (meaning “the lord who gazes down”), a compassionate being who is believed to possess the ability to look in all directions to see who is suffering and to offer salvation. One of the most fascinating figures in Asian Buddhist imagery, Avalokiteshvara is represented in a multitude of forms, from a simple princely bodhisattva holding a lotus, to a complex, multi-armed deity, and even a mother holding a child. In recent years, this bodhisattva’s presence has extended beyond the realm of Buddhism and into areas of secular life.

Avalokiteshvara’s devotion to helping others is understood to be limitless, and to many Buddhists he is seen as embodying the compassion of all Buddhas. According to certain Buddhist texts, the deity took a vow to postpone his own enlightenment until all blades of grass and grains of sand have become enlightened; only then will he transcend this material realm to become a Buddha. In the Lotus Sutra, a text revered by many practitioners throughout East Asia, the deity is the subject of a whole chapter, which describes him as possessing many different powers and the ability to assume many forms in order to share the Buddha’s teachings and relieve the suffering of followers. This colorful description accounts for his diverse representations in Buddhist imagery. In many paintings and sculptures, Avalokiteshvara is shown in the typical garb of a bodhisattva, a prince-like figure wearing robes, a crown, and jewelry (to symbolize his presence in our material realm). Avalokiteshvara can be distinguished from other bodhisattvas by the lotus he holds in one hand, symbolizing the potential in us all to attain enlightenment (just as a pure lotus can grow in the muddiest water). He also typically wears a small image of Amitabha Buddha (or Amitayus), in his crown, representing his spiritual association with this particular Buddha.

In China, the deity is known as Guanyin, and for several centuries has been depicted in both male and female forms. The fluid gender of this deity in a number of Buddhist cultures has been the subject of copious research in Asia and beyond, but may best be explained as a consequence of his freedom to assume any form to respond to the many needs of followers. Many Chinese Guanyin figures have a graceful feminine appearance, but are either considered male or without gender. However, from around the 12th century onwards in China, the deity became associated with a princess named Miaoshan, a figure in an ancient tale who demonstrated tremendous compassion. From this period, female figures of Guanyin became very popular, with some renderings depicted the deity with prominent breasts and cradling a baby, representing her power to give and protect children. With the arrival of Jesuit missionaries in southern China in the early 17th century, these images of Guanyin became associated with images of the Virgin Mary and the baby Jesus, and Guanyin became known in the West as the Buddhist “Goddess of Compassion,” or “Goddess of Mercy.”