Which city in the Philippines?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Rudderless
Freshman Poster

Which city in the Philippines?

Post by Rudderless »

Where should I live in the Philippines? One person ranked the cities Cebu, Angeles, and then Manila.

Why is Manila Last? Why Cebu first?

Thanks!

Rudderless
Rudderless

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Cebu is a very friendly city populated by the Visayan ethnic group. Visayans are happy go lucky people easy to get along with and easy to meet. Very emotional and expressive people. In addition to that, the city has more women than men, and the competition for guys is fierce. Cebuana girls are known for being warm, agressive, and also, they are good looking because of a unique Malay- Spanish- Chinese mixture that they are. English is widely used. Tagalog is not. Cebu- number 1 for girlfriends and wives in the Philippines. Sex establishments are available but Cebu is known for its lack of privacy, and gossip. Everything you do is quickly known to all. Having multiple dates/ Gfs is hard. Everything is compact/ compressed and everyone knows each other. There is a joke that Cebuanos do not need text messages because gossip will travel faster than any SMS you will ever send.

Angeles City- Angeles City is populated by the Kapampangan ethnic group. This group is not particularly friendly. They were the most privileged group under the Spaniards and are known for being "stuck up" to other Filipinos. They act almost Japanese as they had many Japanese there who mixed in. The Kapampangans can act cold and proud. And they are not very easy to get to know. There is also a Communist party still active and an anti- American, anti- white sentiment ( all white people are assumed to be Americans in the Philippines). It is not always expressed as hostility but mostly as cold indifference of people to you. But Angeles hosts the largest red light district in the country and this is where guys go for P4P- play for pay- most girls there are from the South of the Philippines- mostly the Waray ethnic group- so, people go to Angeles specifically for go go bar entertainement and sex. Not an easy place to find "love". The good thing about Angeles city is that no one cares about what you do, and people leave you alone, unlike in Cebu where people like to ask very personal questions and try and get into your very soul for answers. Kapampangans may be distant and cold, but they also do not violate your privacy. Entering their society requires the knowledge of the language.

Manila- all ethnic groups are there, but the people are very busy and half are from the provinces working and studying and sending money home to their families. The girls are not agressive but still easy to meet. Add to that the anonymity that you have in a big city. But at the same time, money is everything, everyone is in the city to make money, so it is not a very romantic place where people are into love. But it is still a good place. If you are a guy who wants a bit of romance, a bit of sex, and who wants to be anonymous, Manila is the place for you. Just make sure you've got money.

Depending on what your priorities are, this or that place will be a good fit.

Cebu is good for Catholic- and Catholic-morals- carrying/agreeing-with, true-love-and -family-oriented guys. Angeles City is good for mongers, Manila- for city slickers and individualists.
Last edited by ladislav on December 4th, 2010, 10:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
zzzz
Freshman Poster

Post by zzzz »

I might visit Cebu myself depending if I get bored in Angeles. Manila doesn't appeal to me. Manila just seems like a big dirty congested city in the worst ways possible. I get frustrated enough in Chicago at times.
FreeYourMind
Freshman Poster

Post by FreeYourMind »

ladislav wrote:Cebu is a very friendly city populated by the Visayan ethnic group. Visayans are happy go lucky people easy to get along with and easy to meet. Very emotional and agressive people. In addition to that, the city has more women than men and the competition for guys is fierce. Cebuana girls are known for being warm, agressive, and also, they are good looking because of a unique Malay- Spanish- Chinese mixture that they are. English is widely used. Tagalog is not. Cebu- number 1 for girlfriends and wives in the Philippines. Sex establishments are available but Cebu is known for its lack of privacy and gossip. Everything you do is quickly known to all.

Angeles City- Angeles City is populated by the Kapampangan ethnic group. This group is not paticularly friendly. They act almost Japanese as they had many Japanese there who mixed in. The Kapampangans can act cold and proud. And they are not very easy to get to know. There is also a Communist party still active and an anti- American, anti- white sentiment ( all white people are assumed to be Americans in the Philippines). It is not always expressed as hostility but mostly as cold indifference of people to you. But Angeles hosts the largest red light district in the country and this is where guys go for P4P- play for pay- most girls there are from the South of the Philippines- mostly the Waray ethnic group- so, people go to Angeles specifically for go go bar entertainement and sex. Not an easy place to find "love". The good thing about Angeles city is that no one cares about what you do and people leave you alone, unlike in Cebu where people like to ask very personal questions and try and get into your very soul for answers.

Manila- all ethnic groups are there, but the people are very busy and half are from the provinces working and studying and sending money home to their families. The girls are not agressive but still easy to meet. Add to that the anonymity that you have in a big city. But at the same time, money is everything, everyone is in the city to make money, so it is not a very romantic place where people are into romance. But it is still a good place. If you are a guy who wants a bit of romance, a bit of sex, and who wants to be anonymous, Manila is the place for you. Just make sure you've got money.

Depending on what your priorities are, this or that place will be a good fit.

Cebu is good for Catholic- and Catholic-morals- carrying/agreeing with, true love and -family-oriented guys. Angeles City is good for mongers, Manila- for city slickers and individualists.
What about Davao? I read a lot of favorable things about that city.
wuxi
Freshman Poster

Post by wuxi »

I agree with Ladislav.

I chatted with hundreds of filipinas online and noticed that the friendliest women were always from the southern provinces. It didn't take any effort on my part to peak there interest. I think Cebu, Negros, Bohol and Mindanao are all excellent choices for finding a girlfriend, its just that Cebu City has an international airport, excellent services and a high concentration of emotionally neglected women.

The women I chatted with from Luzon were the least interested in me I would say, some of them would even tell me that. Also, my friends wife is from Luzon(Manila) and she can be a real bitch sometimes(and a nympho).
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

I also heard great things about Davao from my Ilongga girlfriend. She lived there for a while and said it is clean and safe. They apparently have a really tough mayor. The girls I have seen from there look amazing!
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Davao is OK but it seems to have more men than women. Everywhere you go there are guys. Some people call Davao a sausage fest. Foreigners are rare so you would not face competition with other foreigners, but still, too many guys. That is why you always have women praising it. The people are conservative and shy looking.

General Santos is better.
YoucancallmeAl
Freshman Poster

Post by YoucancallmeAl »

How about Iloilo? Or Panay island in general? Anybody have any advice for there/what it's like for foreign men?
I ask because the girl I really like and am getting closest with online lives just outside Iloilo. I'll be visiting her in a month.
But if it doesn't work out with her I'll probably just go to Cebu.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Iloilo is populated by the Ilongo ethnic group known for shyness and typical Oriental behavior- quiet, reserved, unagressive. Not very common for Ilonga ladies to flirt with guys. A guy must make the first move.