The Case for Life After Death - NDE's, Reincarnation, Ghosts & Spirits, Psychic Mediums, Etc.

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

If anyone wants to read the evidence for life after death, here is a free ebook you can download from Victor Zammit's site:

http://www.victorzammit.com/book/
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

globetrotter wrote:Your current most recent threads:

The Scientific and Rationalist Case for Life After Death
Paranormal Phenomena, Conspiracies, Mysteries
Holy smokes check out these awesome ghost stories!
Young genius whipping butt in Moon Hoax Debate!
Food Security Threat: Goverment Set to Ban Public Fishing..

===========================================

Winston if you continue to flood your forum with CT and similar topics you are going to lose membership. It's your forum, but I have seen this happen repeatedly. Your forum will begin to attract only true believers in CT and you will scare off everyone else.
Dude you are in error in several ways. First, two of the thread titles above are not mine. The one about ghost stories was posted by Jamesbond. The one about fishing, I don't know who posted that. But it wasn't me.

No one is disappearing from here due to CT or Paranormal threads. Only you say that. Are you some kind of disinfo shill? Why else would you suppress freethinking information and freethought?

If you don't like such topics, then DON'T CLICK ON THEM!
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

In Part 5 of this interview David Ash explains how quantum physics can account for different planes where everything is just as solid as we are.

He explains why you should look to physicists to understand about God, not biologists, which tend to be Atheists and deny God.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

"SCIENCE and the AFTERLIFE"- Tim Coleman's DVD

During the five years of the Scole experiments the top afterlife scientists in the UK, Europe and America witnessed amazing physical mediumship. In this trailer for the wonderful documentary Afterlife Science by Tim Coleman you can see briefly the scene where Professor Arthur Ellison (pictured) was invited to touch a quartz crystal which was lit up from the inside. As he watched, the crystal dematerialized and when he went to touch it again the outline was there but his hand went straight through it. All of the scientists who took part in the investigation were convinced by the evidence. The DVD is being released in Mid December 2010 but you can email Tim now for an advance purchase Tcole7777@aol.com

http://www.vimeo.com/13764981

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out this interview with Dr. Jeffrey Long of NDERF.org and author of "Evidence of the Afterlife". In it he presents 9 lines of evidence that NDE's prove an afterlife which make a very compelling case. In the third clip, he explains why oxygen deprivation to the brain cannot account for these experiences.

His interview on Skeptiko here:

http://www.skeptiko.com/jeffrey_long_ta ... afterlife/

You can get his book "Evidence of the Afterlife" here:

http://astore.amazon.com/religion-spiri ... 0061452556
Product Description

Evidence of the Afterlife shares the firsthand accounts of people who have died and lived to tell about it. Through their work at the Near Death Experience Research Foundation, radiation oncologist Jeffrey Long and his wife, Jody, have gathered thousands of accounts of near-death experiences (NDEs) from all over the world. In addition to sharing the personal narrative of their experiences, visitors to the website are asked to fill out a one hundred–item questionnaire designed to isolate specific elements of the experience and to flag counterfeit accounts.

The website has become the largest NDE research database in the world, containing over 1,600 NDE accounts. The people whose stories are captured in the database span all age groups, races, and religious affiliations and come from all over the world, yet the similarities in their stories are as awe-inspiring as they are revealing. Using this treasure trove of data, Dr. Long explains how medical evidence fails to explain these reports and why there is only one plausible explanation—that people have survived death and traveled to another dimension.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

MrPeabody wrote:I didn’t see anything rational here. He just kept on repeating the word “mathematics� without going into what specifically he was talking about. It seemed like another appeal to authority, to say, you should take me seriously because I used the word “mathematics�. I saw my father die, and there was nothing mysterious about it. The body just shuts down in predictable stages almost like a computer and then it ends. And he strongly believed in life after death.
Watch the interviews above with Dr. Jeffrey Long I just posted. He makes a very compelling case with 9 lines of evidence, which the oxygen deprivation explanation cannot possibly account for. He explains why they are "medically inexplicable".

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

To believers of the soul and afterlife:

I have a question for you about consciousness and the brain that I'm wrestling with. Maybe you can shed some light on it.

During anesthesia, most people black out. They don't even dream. They lose all awareness until they wake up later. That happened to me once too. I didn't even dream like in normal sleep.

So my question is, if I lose all awareness of time and thought during anesthesia, is that evidence that consciousness depends on brain? How can that be? I'm sure the skeptics will use that to argue that consciousness does not survive death, right?

How would you explain this?

Also, why does my awareness disappear during normal sleep? How can my soul or consciousness be switched off like a light switch? Can you explain this?

It does seem that when you dream, time doesn't pass in a normal sequence like it does in waking consciousness. I wonder why that is. Do dreams take place in a realm where time doesn't operate as we know it?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
I just uploaded a Skeptiko interview with Dr. Jeffrey Long, author of "Evidence of the Afterlife" to my YouTube channel. Here is the link.

Part 1 of 3

To listen to more Skeptiko podcasts on paranormal science vs. skepticism:

http://www.skeptiko.com

To order Dr. Long's book "Evidence of the Afterlife":

http://astore.amazon.com/religion-spiri ... 0061452556

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I just uploaded this to YouTube:

In this episode of Skeptiko, Alex Tsakiris interviews and debates Dr. Steven Novella, Yale neurologist and host of "The Skeptic's Guide to the Universe", on the interpretations of Near Death Experiences and their implications for survival consciousness.

Last edited by Winston on October 23rd, 2011, 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

To be fair, here is an article from the other side, from an atheist who does not believe that NDE's are evidence of an afterlife.

http://gretachristina.typepad.com/greta ... ences.html

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Great documentaries on life after death

Post by jamesbond »

Check out this new program regarding life after death on "Through the Wormhole". It's very intersting and shows scientific proof that the soul may survive death.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here are more Skeptiko podcasts I uploaded to YouTube.

Interview with Chris Carter, author of "Science and the Near Death Experience".

Alex debates atheist blogger Greta Christina.

Alex debates Susan Blackmore, author of "Dying to Live".

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Chris Carter and Dr. Long have some good evidence regarding the afterlife in their books. I saw Dr. Long being interviewed on a cable news show last year and I heard Chris Carter being interviewed on Coast to Coast radio program last year as well.

I have read dozens of books on the afterlife and did a research paper in college on it as well. There is over whelming evidence that the soul survives death.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out this 1978 documentary about Near Death Experiences and evidence of the Afterlife. It's very interesting.

Last edited by Winston on September 29th, 2012, 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out this highly acclaimed documentary on NDE's and the Afterlife by Jay Weidner.

Infinity
The Ultimate Trip --Journey Beyond Death
A Film by Jay Weidner
Featuring Gregg Braden, Dannion Brinkley, Renate Dollinger, Stanislav Grof, John Holland, Dzogchen Ponlop, Robert Thurman, Alberto Villoldo, Neale Donald Walsch and Brian Weiss.

Trailer:

Order it at Jay Weidner's site here:

http://store.sacredmysteriesmarketplace ... p-dvd.html

Description and Reviews:

COVR Visionary Award Winner: Best DVD 2010

What happens after we pass from this world? Is there a life after this one? Or do we just disappear forever? These are the questions asked in this powerful and poignant feature documentary, Infinity: The Ultimate Trip. Many may be surprised by the answers.

Featuring noted experts Gregg Braden, Dannion Brinkley, Renate Dollinger. Stanislav Grof, John Holland, Dzogchen Ponlop, Robert Thurman, Alberto Villoldo, Neale Donald Walsch and Brian Weiss, Infinity: The Ultimate Trip brings a message of hope and optimism concerning the most mysterious act in a human life; the end of this life and journey to the beyond.

Using vital and beautiful imagery, along with personal accounts of near-death experiences, reincarnation and more, Infinity brings forth the story of our own infinite nature, what to expect after death and the magic and beauty that awaits us on the other side. Here we learn of the energetic landscape of the world that we enter after we die, the angels, or beings of light, who assist us in the passing and the promise of a new life. Infinity: The Ultimate Trip is an honest and hopeful assessment of the greatest journey that any of us will ever take. It changes our view from that of dread and pessimism to one of hope, joy and light.

Critical Acclaim for Infinity:

“a moving and visually pleasing film that shows how our lives are connected to the infinite intelligence of the universe, and that this connection is, indeed, eternal.�
--Spirituality and Health

“Few experiences evoke the emotion of fear more strongly than the thought of death. Yet, those who have had near death experiences have shown us that death can be illuminating, beautiful or incredibly educational for one's immortal soul. INFINITY: THE ULTIMATE TRIP takes a breathtaking look at death, contemplating what it means to cross over into the spiritual ream. The program discusses the process of letting go of earthly ties, forgiving one's self and learning to see yourself as part of something greater than you ever believed. Featuring discussion by authors and thinkers like Alberto Villoldo, Gregg Braden, Neale Donald Walsh, Robert Thurman and others, the program talks about the meaning of life--why we are here in the first place--and how death fits into that picture.�
--Music Design In Review

"Remember the original Star Trek mission “…to go boldly where no man has gone before.� Well the film, “Infinity�, embodies that mission giving us a “bird’s eye view� of the “death experience by exploring personal encounters with that mysterious realm. Amazing stories of being struck by lightning twice, a man “sucked� from his body by an unknown force, a young sickly boy near death leaves his body, a woman paints pictures from a previous lifetime and receives a visitation by an angelic presence. In sharing his motivation to make this film, Director Jay Weidner says, “When my Mother passed away in 2002, I was consumed by my own lack of ability to help her understand that deathis not the end of everything only another phase of consciousness. Witnessing her fear caused me to examine the subject of death and the afterlife.� For him it’s personal.

Neale Donald Walsch, Greg Braden, Dannion Brinkley, Dr. Alberto Villoldo, John Holland, Dr. Stanislav Grof, Dr. Robert Thurman, Dr. Brian Weiss, Dzogchen Ponlop and Renate Dollinger all share personal perspectives concerning experiences with death. Powerful stories told against a dazzling array of beautifully filmed visuals whose images lend support to the words being spoken. This is a quiet film with a powerful message.

This is a film clear in its message that life does not end with death, but is a doorway leading to a new beginning. The psychic medium, John Holland says there is celebration when we are born, yet on the other side they see us depart. Conversely when we die, our earthly loved ones mourn our passing, while the spirit world rejoices at ourreturn. This film helps to us see the bigger picture as both halves of the circle complete. This is a visually engaging film that is informative, and provides a comfortable way to approach talking about death."
--Jeff Ferrannini, Believe 11:11 Magazine

“A highly recommended film that gently and convincingly opens new vistas of truth and understanding.�
--Light of Consciousness Magazine

“Breathtaking scenery and amazing fractal graphics.. expresses hope and optimism about our spirituality, the need to lose fear of death and our ultimate destination. Watch this enjoyable, informative film and it will take you closer to the answers than you have ever been before.�
--New Dawn Magazine

“Gorgeous imagery, personal accounts of near-death experiences and reincarnation, and more round out this incredible presentation that offers a remarkable level of optimism and hope to viewers of all backgrounds.�
--The Midwest Book Review

--“An incandescent vision of life as an ever-evolving soul’s journey, explaining the process of death and reincarnation, and our connection to God and the universe.�
--New Age Retailer Magazine

--“This movie is worth watching and absorbing – over and over.�
--Bella Spark Magazine

“This film is overflowing with images that will pull the viewer instantly into one’s deeper realms. The work shared will connect you with a truth that will immediately evoke a deep sense of comfort, knowing and pure understanding. Infinity: The Ultimate Trip will take you home to the grace found in the consciousness of the Divine.�
---Catherine Bradford, Contact Talk Radio

“What an incredible gift this film is. It touched something deep inside. It opens the heart, clears the mind and helps us all to embrace the mystery of death.�
--Reverend Judy DePrete and Reverend Glenda Knox, Common Ground Spiritual Center

“ INFINITY takes a breathtaking look at death, contemplating what it means to cross over into the spiritual plane. The program discusses the process of letting go of earthly ties, forgiving oneself and learning to see yourself as part of something greater than you ever believed.� --Music Design, In Review

“The point is to know one’s freedom, no matter what the circumstance. Walsch and others report the liberation of realizing that when you cease to fear death, you cease to fear life. And the truth of that is undeniable, always a breath of fresh air.�
-Mt. Shasta Magazine