Was slavery a good thing?

If you're a history buff, love to talk about history and watch the History Channel, this is the board for that.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Was slavery a good thing?

Post by Cornfed »

A problem with civilisation is that in the normal course of events a few people end up owning all the wealth while the rest starve. Suppose the currency in a given region is gold and you have a lot of gold. You will be able to loan your gold at interest since most ventures will require start-up gold. Hence you will get richer while the rest of society gets collectively poorer. Eventually you will have all the gold and everyone else will have none. Hence there needs to be some kind of redistribution system from the haves to the have nots. There are a couple of problems that tend to arise though. If you allow the plebs to vote themselves unlimited free stuff they will tend to bring about failed communist states like Zimbabwe and Venezuela and giving people unconditional free stuff tends to turn them into useless degenerates. Therefore you need a good mechanism for redistributing wealth.

One such mechanism is slavery. The slaves could be kept in line by their owners who would be prepared to spend more money on their upkeep than they would on rented laborers due to pride of ownership. Although chattel slave labor is less efficient than wage slave labor in most contexts, perhaps we should look at restoring chattel slavery.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Was slavery a good thing?

Post by MrMan »

If it were restored, which end of the slave-owner relationship would you be on?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

MrMan wrote:
January 1st, 2019, 5:58 pm
If it were restored, which end of the slave-owner relationship would you be on?
I'd imagine it would depend what other changes were made, but statistically most non-rich people would be more likely to become slaves than masters.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Cornfed wrote:
January 1st, 2019, 4:05 pm
A problem with civilisation is that in the normal course of events a few people end up owning all the wealth while the rest starve. Suppose the currency in a given region is gold and you have a lot of gold. You will be able to loan your gold at interest since most ventures will require start-up gold. Hence you will get richer while the rest of society gets collectively poorer. Eventually you will have all the gold and everyone else will have none. Hence there needs to be some kind of redistribution system from the haves to the have nots. There are a couple of problems that tend to arise though. If you allow the plebs to vote themselves unlimited free stuff they will tend to bring about failed communist states like Zimbabwe and Venezuela and giving people unconditional free stuff tends to turn them into useless degenerates. Therefore you need a good mechanism for redistributing wealth.

One such mechanism is slavery. The slaves could be kept in line by their owners who would be prepared to spend more money on their upkeep than they would on rented laborers due to pride of ownership. Although chattel slave labor is less efficient than wage slave labor in most contexts, perhaps we should look at restoring chattel slavery.
You'd make a terrible slave, I really don't think this system would work for you
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

HouseMD wrote:
January 2nd, 2019, 1:38 pm
You'd make a terrible slave, I really don't think this system would work for you
You’re probably right, but for the average normie slavery under reasonable terms would probably suit them fine by, as Adolf would say, relieving them of the burden of freedom which few can bare.
rabbithabit
Freshman Poster

Post by rabbithabit »

I think it is better to be a cared for slave than a homeless starving free born. As long as slave contract was mutually acceptable I think society and government should allow it.
Cute Rabbit
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

rabbithabit wrote:
January 5th, 2019, 11:06 am
I think it is better to be a cared for slave than a homeless starving free born. As long as slave contract was mutually acceptable I think society and government should allow it.
Are you making some kind of offer? :lol:
rabbithabit
Freshman Poster

Post by rabbithabit »

no i fortunately am a very rich freeborn thanks to my two very gratuitous ex husbands along with modeling opportunities
Cute Rabbit
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

rabbithabit wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 8:52 pm
no i fortunately am a very rich freeborn thanks to my two very gratuitous ex husbands along with modeling opportunities
Ah yes, the other redistribution mechanism of handing people large sums of money for having a vagina. If only our ancestors had abolished that instead of slavery.
rabbithabit
Freshman Poster

Post by rabbithabit »

Ah yes, the other redistribution mechanism of handing people large sums of money for having a vagina. If only our ancestors had abolished that instead of slavery.
thank goodness a misogynist dream that will never materialize in any society as everyone remember their life began in a vagina.
Cute Rabbit
rabbithabit
Freshman Poster

Post by rabbithabit »

Cornfed wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 9:54 pm
rabbithabit wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 9:51 pm
thank goodness a misogynist

dream that will never materialize in any society as everyone remember their life began in a vagina.
That's no excuse for pandering to vagina bearers. There is to reason to lavishly to reward doing something that even comatose females can do, and since most Western females aren't even having children there is no reason to waste resources on their upkeep at all.
blowhard misogynist babbling will not change alimony laws in any manner at all
Cute Rabbit
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

rabbithabit wrote:
January 8th, 2019, 12:01 am
blowhard misogynist babbling will not change alimony laws in any manner at all
Bringing thieving parasitical criminals like you to justice has to start somewhere.
rabbithabit
Freshman Poster

Post by rabbithabit »

I didn't create the laws only follow them to my advantage as you do with welfare and food stamps allowances. such a girl wannabe
Cute Rabbit
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Slavery wasn't a good or a bad thing. It was an act of capitalization and what happens when people underestimate the natural resources beneath them and infight too much. History does repeat itself with the infighting (i.e. neo-form: crabs in a barrel love to quarrel) and underestimating natural resources beneath them (i.e. too much inbreeding in the Black American community hence lower IQs and retardation).

Also neotony had taken place of race mixing as a product of slavery. Brazil would have been New Holland/Nieuw Holland if it weren't for the Portuguese military and male settlers kicking the Dutch ass due to the Dutch not being used to fighting in such a humid climate that the Portuguese were more familiar with. Some of the hottest women in the world are from Brazil is what I'm implying.

Yeah the USA refuses to recognize the neotony verbatim by the advent of the one-drop rule, but it subliminally does in some ways like having "light skin" people represented in this genre more than the other as an example.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

You see this is the thing, the system has made it profitable for women to act as they do on purpose. Why did Donald Trump put Andrew Jacksons picture back up in the Oval Office ? Could it be disposal of the credit monopoly ?
Time to Hide!