Wearing dress/business wear to Philippines

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
YoucancallmeAl
Freshman Poster

Wearing dress/business wear to Philippines

Post by YoucancallmeAl »

I recently spent good money on a nice set of fitted dress clothes and I don't want to throw them away or leave them behind when I fly to RP. But if I
pack them in my backpack they'll get all wrinkled up. So I was thinking of wearing them on my flight to Cebu and then on the internal flight from Cebu to Iloilo were I'll likely be staying for several weeks.
An advantage to this is that the airline personnel and customs/immigration people will probably treat me with a little more respect and ask less questions if they think I'm a business traveller. This is particularly important as I might want to take the risk of entering RP w/o an exit flight ticket. (why throw away $300+ if you can avoid it?)
The disadvantage is that everyone says you'll be a big target of thieves, scammers, and pickpockets if you're dressed too nicely. (I would only wear the dress clothes to and from airports. I'd change into casual clothes at the hotels)

What should I do?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

zzzz
Freshman Poster

Post by zzzz »

Are these heavier clothes? If so I wouldn't even bring them. Otherwise that's the smart thing to do and wear them on the flights. If I need a pair of jeans I almost always wear them on the flights since they are heavy/big to pack compared to most clothes.