Update: WE ARE BACK ONLINE! The Forum has been RESTORED! See announcement here. If there are any problems or issues, please report them in the announcement thread. Note: Unfortunately I was not able to import the posts made after the crash (on Sept 18) into the restored forum. However, I exported all the posts submitted after the crash into a Word file, so you can download it, find your posts and re-post them. Download the posts here. Thanks for your patience and welcome back everyone!



Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


Did Jesus Christ go to India during his missing years of 12 to 30?

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

gsjackson
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2382
Joined: June 12th, 2010, 3:08 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA USA
Contact:

Re: Did Jesus Christ go to India during his missing years of 12 to 30?

Post by gsjackson » June 9th, 2019, 5:21 pm

Neo wrote:
June 9th, 2019, 2:35 pm
Shemp wrote:
June 9th, 2019, 12:23 pm
It's pretty clear to me that Jesus was some sort of scam artist. All his so-called "miracles" amount to sleight of hand tricks. Possibly he studied with some Indian fakirs, who mix sleight of hand with extraordinary yogic control of the body. He also had a cult leader personality, like Mark Davis, but only able to dupe the less intelligent lower class types plus some weak educated people like Paul. The cult goes on to this day, still duping fools and weaklings. Just look at Neo or our old friend Adama.
But what if you're wrong, Frank?
Nicely played.

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 28296
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Did Jesus Christ go to India during his missing years of 12 to 30?

Post by Winston » June 12th, 2019, 10:27 am

WorldTraveler wrote:
June 9th, 2019, 7:43 am
I thought Brigham Young who founded the Mormons said Jesus went to North America to teach the Indians (Native Americans), not to India.
Why couldn't he have gone to both? If he's God or the Son of God, or has supernatural powers, why couldn't he go to both India and North America? Why couldn't he teleport to both if he wanted to? It's not unachievable even for a human being to travel long distances in the ancient world, like Marco Polo did for instance. Plus maybe Jesus went to North America in spirit form or resurrected form, not in a normal human body. Or he appeared to them as a vision? Like he appeared to Paul on the road to Damascus?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 28296
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Did Jesus Christ go to India during his missing years of 12 to 30?

Post by Winston » June 12th, 2019, 10:37 am

Neo wrote:
June 8th, 2019, 10:04 pm
There's no connection between Christianity and the Eastern religions.
It depends on which version of Christianity you are talking about. The esoteric versions of Christianity definitely had a lot of common teachings with Eastern religions. See the books referenced above.

You gotta understand that there was never a golden age of Christianity where Christians all believed the same thing. There were always many groups and many versions of Christianity, right from the beginning. For instance, Paul's sect of Christianity was different from James sect. James sect taught that one had to keep the Jewish laws and commandments to follow Jesus, but Paul's sect taught that one did not. Etc. So Christianity has always been diversified with many different variations right from the beginning. You are thinking in fundamentalist narrow views about Christianity, not in reality or reason.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 28296
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Did Jesus Christ go to India during his missing years of 12 to 30?

Post by Winston » June 12th, 2019, 10:39 am

TruthSeeker wrote:
June 9th, 2019, 3:54 pm
Jesus did no go to India, North America or anywhere else 12 to 30.

Luke Chapter 2 tells you he went to Jerusalem then back to Nazareth with his parents. It does not say he went anywhere else so he didn't. It says he was subject to his parents (Luke 2:51). Going somewhere else would not be in line with this.
That just means that Jesus went back to Nazareth with his parents at THAT TIME. It doesn't say where he was or what he did after that, or where he was between 12 and 30. You aren't seeing the bigger picture.

Also what about all the documented evidence that Jesus went East? I heard there are multiple documents, perhaps dozens, that attest to it. You gotta consider that and read them too.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 28296
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Did Jesus Christ go to India during his missing years of 12 to 30?

Post by Winston » June 12th, 2019, 10:49 am

Neo wrote:
June 9th, 2019, 2:35 pm
Shemp wrote:
June 9th, 2019, 12:23 pm
It's pretty clear to me that Jesus was some sort of scam artist. All his so-called "miracles" amount to sleight of hand tricks. Possibly he studied with some Indian fakirs, who mix sleight of hand with extraordinary yogic control of the body. He also had a cult leader personality, like Mark Davis, but only able to dupe the less intelligent lower class types plus some weak educated people like Paul. The cult goes on to this day, still duping fools and weaklings. Just look at Neo or our old friend Adama.
But what if you're wrong, Frank?

Wouldn't it be far better to believe in Christ and then keep His commandments so that you could be rich and in luxury for an entire eternity? David says that at God's right hand there are pleasures forevermore. And Job implies that this world only has a small portion of the revealed glory of God. In other words, the world to come is probably billions of times better than this one.

I would be afraid to offer up the vanity of blasphemy, especially when it comes to the nature of Christ's miracles. That's near destruction just for going near there.
I don't get something. If heaven is so great, then why did Lucifer and his angels choose to leave it and fall from heaven, if they were so happy there? Obviously that means they were dissatisfied there if they rebelled against God. Also, if God's paradise or Eden was so great, then why did Adam and Eve choose to fall from it? If everything was perfect, why would they eat the forbidden fruit and take the risk of ruining it all?

Buddhism and Hinduism say that even heaven is not permanent or perfect. It's just a level or dimension in the afterlife, one of many. If you have enough good karma, you can go to a heaven where all your desires finally get fulfilled. However, that's not permanent, nor is it the highest level of heaven. That type of heaven is below nirvana. It's just a place one goes if one earns it, before one is either reborn back on Earth, or ascends to a higher dimension of existence. That makes sense, more than the Christian fundamentalist view that heaven is perfect and forever more. If it was so perfect, then why didn't God put you there in the first place and not bother with this world or allowing any type of fall to happen?

So you see, fundamentalist Christianity makes no sense. It has tons of endless problems you can never solve. This means the Bible should be taken allegorically, not literally, in order to fully appreciate it.

Also keep in mind that evangelical Christianity is only a century old. It's not the Christianity of the last 2000 years, nor the original Christianity either. It's an American sect that didn't become mainstream until the early 1900's. Look it up. This is a huge secret that most Americans don't know.

No one before modern Americans believed the Bible books were infallible, not even Christians and Catholics. No one was that dumb before modern Americans. Everyone knew that books were fallible and contained both truth and lies, as well as the biases of the authors. Everyone had the common sense to know that. That's why they believed that what mattered were the CORE teachings of Jesus, not how infallible the Bible texts were. Only modern Americans are dumb enough to take the Bible literally or believe that it's infallible or have dogmatic views that fundamentalists today do.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

User avatar
Neo
Junior Poster
Posts: 504
Joined: June 28th, 2018, 7:27 pm

Re: Did Jesus Christ go to India during his missing years of 12 to 30?

Post by Neo » June 12th, 2019, 2:09 pm

Winston wrote:
June 12th, 2019, 10:49 am
Neo wrote:
June 9th, 2019, 2:35 pm
Shemp wrote:
June 9th, 2019, 12:23 pm
It's pretty clear to me that Jesus was some sort of scam artist. All his so-called "miracles" amount to sleight of hand tricks. Possibly he studied with some Indian fakirs, who mix sleight of hand with extraordinary yogic control of the body. He also had a cult leader personality, like Mark Davis, but only able to dupe the less intelligent lower class types plus some weak educated people like Paul. The cult goes on to this day, still duping fools and weaklings. Just look at Neo or our old friend Adama.
But what if you're wrong, Frank?

Wouldn't it be far better to believe in Christ and then keep His commandments so that you could be rich and in luxury for an entire eternity? David says that at God's right hand there are pleasures forevermore. And Job implies that this world only has a small portion of the revealed glory of God. In other words, the world to come is probably billions of times better than this one.

I would be afraid to offer up the vanity of blasphemy, especially when it comes to the nature of Christ's miracles. That's near destruction just for going near there.
I don't get something. If heaven is so great, then why did Lucifer and his angels choose to leave it and fall from heaven, if they were so happy there? Obviously that means they were dissatisfied there if they rebelled against God. Also, if God's paradise or Eden was so great, then why did Adam and Eve choose to fall from it? If everything was perfect, why would they eat the forbidden fruit and take the risk of ruining it all?

Buddhism and Hinduism say that even heaven is not permanent or perfect. It's just a level or dimension in the afterlife, one of many. If you have enough good karma, you can go to a heaven where all your desires finally get fulfilled. However, that's not permanent, nor is it the highest level of heaven. That type of heaven is below nirvana. It's just a place one goes if one earns it, before one is either reborn back on Earth, or ascends to a higher dimension of existence. That makes sense, more than the Christian fundamentalist view that heaven is perfect and forever more. If it was so perfect, then why didn't God put you there in the first place and not bother with this world or allowing any type of fall to happen?

So you see, fundamentalist Christianity makes no sense. It has tons of endless problems you can never solve. This means the Bible should be taken allegorically, not literally, in order to fully appreciate it.

Also keep in mind that evangelical Christianity is only a century old. It's not the Christianity of the last 2000 years, nor the original Christianity either. It's an American sect that didn't become mainstream until the early 1900's. Look it up. This is a huge secret that most Americans don't know.

No one before modern Americans believed the Bible books were infallible, not even Christians and Catholics. No one was that dumb before modern Americans. Everyone knew that books were fallible and contained both truth and lies, as well as the biases of the authors. Everyone had the common sense to know that. That's why they believed that what mattered were the CORE teachings of Jesus, not how infallible the Bible texts were. Only modern Americans are dumb enough to take the Bible literally or believe that it's infallible or have dogmatic views that fundamentalists today do.
I think I have written of this several times, just it must be unacceptable to you. You probably already know all this.

God made all souls upright. It is just that some people crave more than they're allowed to have. At least one of the fallen angels desired to have the glory of God. Read Isaiah chapter 14 for more information on that one.

Eve in particular was deceived by the adversary. Guess what he gained in exchange for this? He gained Adam's world, and also Adam had to die.

God also gave us each free will. So we are not robots. The choice that we are given is to choose between good and evil. Each of these has a reward attached to it.

After the fall of man, life became an evaluation, to determine the place and level of reward each person receives. God wants to see the worthiness of each soul. Each person will be revealed as to what type of person they are by their works. God just wants to see who we really are, and whose side we are really on: good or evil; His or the enemy's.

Also, this is not the only world. There is the world to come. Not much is spoken of it, except that we know that the saints (not the Catholic beatified but all the people who believed in Christ are saints) will be incapable of committing sin. There will be no adversary, no temptation, no evil, no death. Only joy, rejoicing, glory, abundance, pleasures without fear of sin, and peace.

For the saved who are going to heaven, the level of their rewards is determined by their works. For the condemned who are going to sheol (eternal darkness, no light, no food, no water, no companionship, no pleasure), the level of their punishment is determined by their works, but salvation is determined by whether or not they have received the free gift of grace through faith in Jesus, the Son of God, the Redeemer.

As for evangelical and fundamentalist Christians, how is it that people only focus on a small part of history? What about the freedom of religion principles from the Founding US Fathers? People were not free to practice or evangelize or speak the truth without being tortured or put to death because it threatened the power of the ruling elite. It was underground. Fundamentalists weren't allowed to flourish until the USA because of our freedom of religion. But fundamentalists were always around.

Also remember that the winners write the history. If the Catholic church and its proponents are the winners of history, well guess who writes history? Roman Catholicism is a hybrid of paganism and Christianity. Like the Romans did when they conquered throughout their history, they incorporated the conquered people's gods into the Roman religion. Catholicism and the Bible are at odds with each other. See thread: "Poor Catholics Do not know."
Salvation is the free gift of God simply for believing that Jesus is the Son of God, and it can't be lost; the only repentance necessary is the change of mind from unbelief to belief, because salvation is not about turning from sin because it is without works. Jesus, the Savior kept all the commandments in absolute perfection for us, ∴ salvation is without works, and He died for our sins, taking the eternal penalty for us.

User avatar
Neo
Junior Poster
Posts: 504
Joined: June 28th, 2018, 7:27 pm

Re: Did Jesus Christ go to India during his missing years of 12 to 30?

Post by Neo » June 12th, 2019, 2:33 pm

Winston wrote:
June 12th, 2019, 10:37 am
Neo wrote:
June 8th, 2019, 10:04 pm
There's no connection between Christianity and the Eastern religions.
It depends on which version of Christianity you are talking about. The esoteric versions of Christianity definitely had a lot of common teachings with Eastern religions. See the books referenced above.

You gotta understand that there was never a golden age of Christianity where Christians all believed the same thing. There were always many groups and many versions of Christianity, right from the beginning. For instance, Paul's sect of Christianity was different from James sect. James sect taught that one had to keep the Jewish laws and commandments to follow Jesus, but Paul's sect taught that one did not. Etc. So Christianity has always been diversified with many different variations right from the beginning. You are thinking in fundamentalist narrow views about Christianity, not in reality or reason.
James who?

There are no different teachings in Christianity. However there were false versions of Christianity almost immediately. It is even spoken of by Paul a few times.

The way to life is narrow. However, because there is an adversary who wants to see all of God's children destroyed, there are many false religions, including facsimiles of Christianity, meant to divert people away from the true path. It seems right to people, but they are not.

Christianity, true Christianity says that salvation comes simply through faith in Jesus as the Son of God: it is a free gift because He did all the work by keeping the commandments, which is why salvation is without work and without repentance from sin, and He paid the penalty, which is why believers in Him avoid hell. The only thing a person must do to receive it, is to believe that Jesus is the Son of God, the Redeemer.

False Christianity then comes in to say, there must be works or repentance or sacraments, to divert people from the proper path. Same as false religions are religions of works, such as karma, and they do not have a redeemer who kept the commandments or paid for their sins.

There were always false doctrines that were made to prevent people from getting saved. Pretty much any doubt in the divinity of Christ prevents salvation, and there are religions that preach this doubt. There are "Christians" who do not believe Christ is divine. But by definition they are not Christian, but people lump them in, despite it being obvious these cannot be Christians because they doubt His divinity. False religions are often works-based salvation or dispute the divinity of Christ.
Salvation is the free gift of God simply for believing that Jesus is the Son of God, and it can't be lost; the only repentance necessary is the change of mind from unbelief to belief, because salvation is not about turning from sin because it is without works. Jesus, the Savior kept all the commandments in absolute perfection for us, ∴ salvation is without works, and He died for our sins, taking the eternal penalty for us.

User avatar
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3574
Joined: December 3rd, 2009, 6:57 am

Re: Did Jesus Christ go to India during his missing years of 12 to 30?

Post by Contrarian Expatriate » June 12th, 2019, 5:38 pm

Neo wrote:
June 9th, 2019, 2:35 pm
But what if you're wrong, Frank?
Has ever occurred to YOU that you're the wrong one here Neo? Why is that not within your realm of considerations? Brainwashing, that's why.
Neo wrote: Wouldn't it be far better to believe in Christ and then keep His commandments so that you could be rich and in luxury for an entire eternity?
Believing in Christ as the supreme being of the universe is no different that believing that Godzilla is the one, true God and the Hamburgler, Pikachu, and the kids from South Park are his disciples. You are being lied to!
Neo wrote: I would be afraid to offer up the vanity of blasphemy, especially when it comes to the nature of Christ's miracles. That's near destruction just for going near there.
And that is precisely the problem. Christian cults like yours operate under the principle of FEAR, not reason or evidence, and that is why you are so afraid to think for yourself.

You might be benefit from seeing this video on cultish churches because I see the fear and insecurity that has been cultivated in you.


User avatar
Neo
Junior Poster
Posts: 504
Joined: June 28th, 2018, 7:27 pm

Re: Did Jesus Christ go to India during his missing years of 12 to 30?

Post by Neo » June 12th, 2019, 6:39 pm

No, cult. I was reluctant to go to church for years.

I didn't get saved until my mid 30s. So I know what it is like to live unsaved. I know what it is to chase women and commit all kinds of sin.

It was only because I heard the Word, the gospel of peace, and I instantly believed it, that my life changed.

Eventually I gave up my major sins that most modern young men are involved with, but those don't need to be mentioned. You can probably think of them, but I won't confirm. Now God has given me self-control and self-discipline, and I don't do those things anymore.

I certainly thought I was going to keep on living in sin for the rest of my life and I never even considered another way.

I got saved online, no one recruited me for anything.

So I already know some of what unbelievers think of religion and holiness.

This is the sermon that got me saved years ago:



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hycjHApNNOM
Salvation is the free gift of God simply for believing that Jesus is the Son of God, and it can't be lost; the only repentance necessary is the change of mind from unbelief to belief, because salvation is not about turning from sin because it is without works. Jesus, the Savior kept all the commandments in absolute perfection for us, ∴ salvation is without works, and He died for our sins, taking the eternal penalty for us.

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 28296
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Did Jesus Christ go to India during his missing years of 12 to 30?

Post by Winston » June 12th, 2019, 8:53 pm

Documentary produced by Indian government about Jesus in Kashmir.


This is the latest documentary on the Truth of Jesus in Kashmir by the Film Division of the Government of India.
Visit www.tombofjesus.com to know more about this Truth.
Visit www.alislam.org to know more about the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 28296
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Did Jesus Christ go to India during his missing years of 12 to 30?

Post by Winston » June 12th, 2019, 9:02 pm

Trailer for Christ of India.



More info and article on Jesus in India.

https://ocoy.org/original-christianity/ ... -of-india/

Free PDF ebook about Jesus in India.

https://ocoy.org/site/e-library/

https://25iomb2inafk28vsyu3mqxdf-wpengi ... 2-2017.pdf
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

TruthSeeker
Freshman Poster
Posts: 466
Joined: October 10th, 2017, 1:51 pm

Re: Did Jesus Christ go to India during his missing years of 12 to 30?

Post by TruthSeeker » June 15th, 2019, 4:17 pm

Jesus did not walk as a 12 yr old boy to India. And how would he have gotten to N.A.?

Something major like that the Gospels would have mentioned. Luke 2 says he was subject to is parents. Going to any of those places would have not been "subject" to his parents.

CASE CLOSED

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Religion and Spirituality”