Update: WE ARE BACK ONLINE! The Forum has been RESTORED! See announcement here. If there are any problems or issues, please report them in the announcement thread. Note: Unfortunately I was not able to import the posts made after the crash (on Sept 18) into the restored forum. However, I exported all the posts submitted after the crash into a Word file, so you can download it, find your posts and re-post them. Download the posts here. Thanks for your patience and welcome back everyone!



Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


What is the difference between good and evil?

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

User avatar
starchild5
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2172
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 11:32 am

Re: What is the difference between good and evil?

Post by starchild5 » November 16th, 2014, 4:03 am

Winston wrote:I don't get how some of you, and many people too, can believe in good without evil. Everything in the universe has a polarity on both sides. That's like saying that you believe in white but not black, or up but not down, or positive but not negative, etc. Everything has an opposite polarity. The union of opposites is what makes existence possible. This is why Eastern philosophy teaches. Don't you guys know that?

The ideal situation is to seek a BALANCE between the polarities, not eliminate one or the other. Balance is the key here. You've got to have both polarities in moderation. Nothing in any extreme is good, not even positivity, love and goodness. This is what Eastern philosophy teaches. I don't understand why Western New Age movements think that the goal should be to strive for an ideal utopia world that is 100 percent good and peaceful with no evil in it. Or that a person can be always positive and happy 24/7 if they choose to be. It is not good for a person to be too positive or too negative. Neither are realistic or ideal. Such New Age goals are delusional and ignore the nature of reality, as well as the union of opposites concept.

Therefore, it makes no sense to believed in God without Satan, or good without evil. If there's a God, then there has to be a devil. Or at the very least, God has to have both a dark side and a good side, just like humans do. If God created evil, pain and suffering, then they must be parts of his nature too. Why would God create pleasure and vices if he didn't want you to have anything to do with them? Christian theology makes no sense. If there's a God, it's more reasonable to believe that he has both a good and bad side and is thus an imperfect being.

To assume that God is 100 percent good and perfect would be like the 50 trillion cells in your body thinking that you and your mind are 100 percent good and perfect because you are in effect "the God of your cells". It makes no sense. The universe is likely a living organism. We are just cells in it, or at least our planet is a cell in it. God is probably just the organism of the universe that we are a part of.

It's possible that God is a created being too, perhaps an offspring of "parent Gods". So in that sense, he is created as well, rather the creator. The universe probably has many scales reaching into infinity.

Just as you don't know what's going on with each of your 50 trillion cells in your body, it's possible that God doesn't know what's going on here either. If something divine is interceding in your affairs, it's most likely higher beings or entities from other dimensions, rather than "the one and only God that created everything".

Sorry for going off on a tangent there.
The difference between good and bad is one of frequencies...how it makes us feel...On earth level..Both Good and evil are controlled by beings with Agendas. They are mere..Good Cop , Bad Cop to fulfill an agenda.

However, In my experience....Good goes with Evil is only on an earthly level...In every culture, race, societies have been conditioned to believe that Good Cannot Exist without Evil..

In higher frequencies, dimensions...There is absolutely no Evil and the feeling of good is not the feeling of good we have in earth that makes us feel just the opposite of mere bad. Its way way Higher.

The universe have parallel realities where in, we have dimensions that is absolutely good..The frequency of that dimension is
in-capable of producing any feelings that could give us bad vibe and pain....The moment we come lower then we are attached to the frequency of bad and still lower only bad vibe.

The beings who control this dimension are using humanity to reach that higher dimensions.

God & Satan are mere Good Cop bad Cop for the controllers..The world would be much better without the concept of either of them...The rulers of earth are much more evil than Satan could ever be....Even the Illuminati, Satanist are being used for higher agendas.

I also believed in the existence of both good and evil across the universe...Its my experience in the last few months that changed that view completely.

The more experience I have about the universe...The more humble it makes me feel ..




Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!



Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 5103
Joined: April 28th, 2013, 3:00 pm
Location: USA,FL

Re: What is the difference between good and evil?

Post by Moretorque » November 17th, 2014, 2:28 am

starchild5 wrote:
Winston wrote:I don't get how some of you, and many people too, can believe in good without evil. Everything in the universe has a polarity on both sides. That's like saying that you believe in white but not black, or up but not down, or positive but not negative, etc. Everything has an opposite polarity. The union of opposites is what makes existence possible. This is why Eastern philosophy teaches. Don't you guys know that?

The ideal situation is to seek a BALANCE between the polarities, not eliminate one or the other. Balance is the key here. You've got to have both polarities in moderation. Nothing in any extreme is good, not even positivity, love and goodness. This is what Eastern philosophy teaches. I don't understand why Western New Age movements think that the goal should be to strive for an ideal utopia world that is 100 percent good and peaceful with no evil in it. Or that a person can be always positive and happy 24/7 if they choose to be. It is not good for a person to be too positive or too negative. Neither are realistic or ideal. Such New Age goals are delusional and ignore the nature of reality, as well as the union of opposites concept.

Therefore, it makes no sense to believed in God without Satan, or good without evil. If there's a God, then there has to be a devil. Or at the very least, God has to have both a dark side and a good side, just like humans do. If God created evil, pain and suffering, then they must be parts of his nature too. Why would God create pleasure and vices if he didn't want you to have anything to do with them? Christian theology makes no sense. If there's a God, it's more reasonable to believe that he has both a good and bad side and is thus an imperfect being.

To assume that God is 100 percent good and perfect would be like the 50 trillion cells in your body thinking that you and your mind are 100 percent good and perfect because you are in effect "the God of your cells". It makes no sense. The universe is likely a living organism. We are just cells in it, or at least our planet is a cell in it. God is probably just the organism of the universe that we are a part of.

It's possible that God is a created being too, perhaps an offspring of "parent Gods". So in that sense, he is created as well, rather the creator. The universe probably has many scales reaching into infinity.

Just as you don't know what's going on with each of your 50 trillion cells in your body, it's possible that God doesn't know what's going on here either. If something divine is interceding in your affairs, it's most likely higher beings or entities from other dimensions, rather than "the one and only God that created everything".

Sorry for going off on a tangent there.
The difference between good and bad is one of frequencies...how it makes us feel...On earth level..Both Good and evil are controlled by beings with Agendas. They are mere..Good Cop , Bad Cop to fulfill an agenda.

However, In my experience....Good goes with Evil is only on an earthly level...In every culture, race, societies have been conditioned to believe that Good Cannot Exist without Evil..

In higher frequencies, dimensions...There is absolutely no Evil and the feeling of good is not the feeling of good we have in earth that makes us feel just the opposite of mere bad. Its way way Higher.

The universe have parallel realities where in, we have dimensions that is absolutely good..The frequency of that dimension is
in-capable of producing any feelings that could give us bad vibe and pain....The moment we come lower then we are attached to the frequency of bad and still lower only bad vibe.

The beings who control this dimension are using humanity to reach that higher dimensions.

God & Satan are mere Good Cop bad Cop for the controllers..The world would be much better without the concept of either of them...The rulers of earth are much more evil than Satan could ever be....Even the Illuminati, Satanist are being used for higher agendas.

I also believed in the existence of both good and evil across the universe...Its my experience in the last few months that changed that view completely.

The more experience I have about the universe...The more humble it makes me feel ..
Hey Starchild that space monster in your avatar doesn't seem to have ears. How does it hear when you talk to it. Does it like have telepathy or does it just read lips ?
Time to Hide!

User avatar
starchild5
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2172
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 11:32 am

Re: What is the difference between good and evil?

Post by starchild5 » November 17th, 2014, 12:39 pm

Moretorque wrote:
Hey Starchild that space monster in your avatar doesn't seem to have ears. How does it hear when you talk to it. Does it like have telepathy or does it just read lips ?
Yes. The did a stupid act long long time ago in our earthly evolutionary scale that made them loose ear, nose, lips etc. They are ONE of our ancestors. They concentrated only on mind power - letting go of the body. They now regret it - They are coming to earth for a reason to get our DNA and use them for their species to become more like humans.

Contrary to main stream UFOlogist etc...They are not proud of their looks - They were like us one time and become what they are today because of Greed - They communicate through telepathy BUT it was a mistake - because they did it before it was their time - For humans also - Being Telepathic at this moment in time is not great - We need to align with NATURE which they did not and ended up being like Monsters.

Everything will come to us in TIME - We need not rush it and do the same mistake done by these Aliens....otherwise, we would look like them. They have incredible mind power but it was a trade off...They lost all their bodies now they are trying to correct that mistake.

They know, they don't look great - They want our nose, ear, lips BUT at the same time not loose too much mind power and be like Sheeps either on earth :D :D

So its a very complicated process to find the right DNA at the right stage of evolution.

User avatar
Neo
Junior Poster
Posts: 504
Joined: June 28th, 2018, 7:27 pm

Re: What is the difference between good and evil?

Post by Neo » June 24th, 2019, 3:36 pm

Good is simply this: do to others as you would have them do unto you. It is the golden rule. Evil is simply hurting other people. It is hypocrisy. It is treating people in a way that the doer would not want someone to come back to do to him. Evil simply means mistreating other people.

There is also another evil: worshiping the wrong god.

The problem is that many people get a charge out of harming others or mistreating people. And these people destroy their own souls and their eternal resting places by doing evil.
Salvation is the free gift of God simply for believing that Jesus is the Son of God, and it can't be lost; the only repentance necessary is the change of mind from unbelief to belief, because salvation is not about turning from sin because it is without works. Jesus, the Savior kept all the commandments in absolute perfection for us, ∴ salvation is without works, and He died for our sins, taking the eternal penalty for us.

fschmidt
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2616
Joined: May 18th, 2008, 9:16 am
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: What is the difference between good and evil?

Post by fschmidt » June 24th, 2019, 10:32 pm

Neo wrote:
June 24th, 2019, 3:36 pm
Good is simply this: do to others as you would have them do unto you. It is the golden rule.
So if I would have a hot woman jump unto me, I should jump unto her?

User avatar
Neo
Junior Poster
Posts: 504
Joined: June 28th, 2018, 7:27 pm

Re: What is the difference between good and evil?

Post by Neo » June 25th, 2019, 3:47 am

fschmidt wrote:
June 24th, 2019, 10:32 pm
Neo wrote:
June 24th, 2019, 3:36 pm
Good is simply this: do to others as you would have them do unto you. It is the golden rule.
So if I would have a hot woman jump unto me, I should jump unto her?
It means do nothing to harm another person.
Salvation is the free gift of God simply for believing that Jesus is the Son of God, and it can't be lost; the only repentance necessary is the change of mind from unbelief to belief, because salvation is not about turning from sin because it is without works. Jesus, the Savior kept all the commandments in absolute perfection for us, ∴ salvation is without works, and He died for our sins, taking the eternal penalty for us.

User avatar
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 7444
Joined: August 17th, 2012, 5:22 am

Re: What is the difference between good and evil?

Post by Cornfed » June 25th, 2019, 6:57 am

Neo wrote:
June 25th, 2019, 3:47 am
fschmidt wrote:
June 24th, 2019, 10:32 pm
Neo wrote:
June 24th, 2019, 3:36 pm
Good is simply this: do to others as you would have them do unto you. It is the golden rule.
So if I would have a hot woman jump unto me, I should jump unto her?
It means do nothing to harm another person.
What if it is necessary to harm some people to help others?

User avatar
Neo
Junior Poster
Posts: 504
Joined: June 28th, 2018, 7:27 pm

Re: What is the difference between good and evil?

Post by Neo » June 25th, 2019, 8:00 am

Cornfed wrote:
June 25th, 2019, 6:57 am
Neo wrote:
June 25th, 2019, 3:47 am
fschmidt wrote:
June 24th, 2019, 10:32 pm
Neo wrote:
June 24th, 2019, 3:36 pm
Good is simply this: do to others as you would have them do unto you. It is the golden rule.
So if I would have a hot woman jump unto me, I should jump unto her?
It means do nothing to harm another person.
What if it is necessary to harm some people to help others?
There are other rules and a person would have to be familiar with them to know how to proceed properly, depending on the particular situation.
Salvation is the free gift of God simply for believing that Jesus is the Son of God, and it can't be lost; the only repentance necessary is the change of mind from unbelief to belief, because salvation is not about turning from sin because it is without works. Jesus, the Savior kept all the commandments in absolute perfection for us, ∴ salvation is without works, and He died for our sins, taking the eternal penalty for us.

User avatar
Neo
Junior Poster
Posts: 504
Joined: June 28th, 2018, 7:27 pm

Re: What is the difference between good and evil?

Post by Neo » June 25th, 2019, 8:48 am

Cornfed wrote:
June 25th, 2019, 8:16 am
Neo wrote:
June 25th, 2019, 8:00 am
There are other rules and a person would have to be familiar with them to know how to proceed properly, depending on the particular situation.
So your explanation of good and evil doesn't really hold up.
It's the same one that John gives in the NT. If you want detail, you'll either have to learn the OT or consult a pastor. I am not a pastor and therefore I cannot teach you the law.

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Love your neighbor as yourself means do no harm to another person.
Salvation is the free gift of God simply for believing that Jesus is the Son of God, and it can't be lost; the only repentance necessary is the change of mind from unbelief to belief, because salvation is not about turning from sin because it is without works. Jesus, the Savior kept all the commandments in absolute perfection for us, ∴ salvation is without works, and He died for our sins, taking the eternal penalty for us.

User avatar
Neo
Junior Poster
Posts: 504
Joined: June 28th, 2018, 7:27 pm

Re: What is the difference between good and evil?

Post by Neo » June 25th, 2019, 9:13 am

Cornfed wrote:
June 25th, 2019, 9:01 am
Neo wrote:
June 25th, 2019, 8:48 am
Love your neighbor as yourself means do no harm to another person.
I recall someone else asks Jesus "Who is my neighbor?". The answer was not "everyone".
A parable is sometimes a mystery. Your neighbor is any other person.
Salvation is the free gift of God simply for believing that Jesus is the Son of God, and it can't be lost; the only repentance necessary is the change of mind from unbelief to belief, because salvation is not about turning from sin because it is without works. Jesus, the Savior kept all the commandments in absolute perfection for us, ∴ salvation is without works, and He died for our sins, taking the eternal penalty for us.

User avatar
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 7444
Joined: August 17th, 2012, 5:22 am

Re: What is the difference between good and evil?

Post by Cornfed » June 25th, 2019, 9:26 am

Neo wrote:
June 25th, 2019, 9:13 am
Cornfed wrote:
June 25th, 2019, 9:01 am
Neo wrote:
June 25th, 2019, 8:48 am
Love your neighbor as yourself means do no harm to another person.
I recall someone else asks Jesus "Who is my neighbor?". The answer was not "everyone".
A parable is sometimes a mystery. Your neighbor is any other person.
Jesus clearly disagrees with you. Of course even if you were right this leaves open the definition of a person.

User avatar
Neo
Junior Poster
Posts: 504
Joined: June 28th, 2018, 7:27 pm

Re: What is the difference between good and evil?

Post by Neo » June 25th, 2019, 9:32 am

Cornfed wrote:
June 25th, 2019, 9:26 am
Neo wrote:
June 25th, 2019, 9:13 am
Cornfed wrote:
June 25th, 2019, 9:01 am
Neo wrote:
June 25th, 2019, 8:48 am
Love your neighbor as yourself means do no harm to another person.
I recall someone else asks Jesus "Who is my neighbor?". The answer was not "everyone".
A parable is sometimes a mystery. Your neighbor is any other person.
Jesus clearly disagrees with you. Of course even if you were right this leaves open the definition of a person.
You should go back and re-read the story in question. The point is that we should be merciful to other people. In other words, don't harm anyone else, and be loving.

36 Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves?

37 And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?s ... ersion=KJV

As for who is a person, if that is not clear, then I don't think it can be explained.
Salvation is the free gift of God simply for believing that Jesus is the Son of God, and it can't be lost; the only repentance necessary is the change of mind from unbelief to belief, because salvation is not about turning from sin because it is without works. Jesus, the Savior kept all the commandments in absolute perfection for us, ∴ salvation is without works, and He died for our sins, taking the eternal penalty for us.

User avatar
Neo
Junior Poster
Posts: 504
Joined: June 28th, 2018, 7:27 pm

Re: What is the difference between good and evil?

Post by Neo » June 25th, 2019, 6:15 pm

The other problem with bearing ill will towards other people, or hating them, is that [1 John 3:15] seems to say that those who hate others are murderers, and that these people will not be granted eternal life. If this life is a test to see if each soul is good or evil, bearing ill will towards other people, mistreating other people or harming other people would probably reveal that soul as evil. Every person has a choice to be peaceful and loving or to be cruel and hateful; good or evil.
Salvation is the free gift of God simply for believing that Jesus is the Son of God, and it can't be lost; the only repentance necessary is the change of mind from unbelief to belief, because salvation is not about turning from sin because it is without works. Jesus, the Savior kept all the commandments in absolute perfection for us, ∴ salvation is without works, and He died for our sins, taking the eternal penalty for us.

TruthSeeker
Freshman Poster
Posts: 466
Joined: October 10th, 2017, 1:51 pm

Re: What is the difference between good and evil?

Post by TruthSeeker » June 26th, 2019, 6:27 pm

Neo wrote:
June 25th, 2019, 6:15 pm
The other problem with bearing ill will towards other people, or hating them, is that [1 John 3:15] seems to say that those who hate others are murderers, and that these people will not be granted eternal life.
You are contradicting yourself because you say that all a person has to do is believe in Jesus Christ and they have eternal life and they will never perish.

So what happens if someone does that, they believe on Jesus Christ, they trust in Him for salvation, and then they hate others. So according to you, they will not be granted eternal life or they will lose their salvation.

User avatar
Neo
Junior Poster
Posts: 504
Joined: June 28th, 2018, 7:27 pm

Re: What is the difference between good and evil?

Post by Neo » June 26th, 2019, 6:39 pm

TruthSeeker wrote:
June 26th, 2019, 6:27 pm
Neo wrote:
June 25th, 2019, 6:15 pm
The other problem with bearing ill will towards other people, or hating them, is that [1 John 3:15] seems to say that those who hate others are murderers, and that these people will not be granted eternal life.
You are contradicting yourself because you say that all a person has to do is believe in Jesus Christ and they have eternal life and they will never perish.

So what happens if someone does that, they believe on Jesus Christ, they trust in Him for salvation, and then they hate others. So according to you, they will not be granted eternal life or they will lose their salvation.
It isn't me that says that, Christ Himself says it multiple times.

A person's works cannot save him, because a person would have to be God in the flesh for his works to save him. If a person is already saved and he or she becomes extremely wicked, then God could take away some of the glory and riches he or she would have received in eternity, and/or the person could die early and face an earthly life of extra hardship and sorrow, but eternal life itself will never be taken away once a person is saved.

Loss of salvation would defeat the whole purpose of Christ dying for our sins if people believed and then went to hell afterwards. Salvation occurs once and it is eternal, meaning forever. It isn't temporary on a trial basis of let's see. It's finished once a person gets saved. Thereafter a person either enriches himself and his house or destroys it.
Salvation is the free gift of God simply for believing that Jesus is the Son of God, and it can't be lost; the only repentance necessary is the change of mind from unbelief to belief, because salvation is not about turning from sin because it is without works. Jesus, the Savior kept all the commandments in absolute perfection for us, ∴ salvation is without works, and He died for our sins, taking the eternal penalty for us.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Deep Philosophical Discussions”