Eastern Orthodox Christianity - The truest and most original Christian Church?

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Winston
Site Admin

Eastern Orthodox Christianity - The truest and most original Christian Church?

Post by Winston »

Wow. Check out this tour of the greek orthodox church by a protestant investigator. Its so magnificent and divine. Look at the paintings under the dome! Wow. So breathtaking and holy! Like the gods that watch over the earth. Like a holy planetarium. Lol

The orthodox priest giving the tour made some interesting points that alex would agree with. For example in the first 75 percent of christian history, christians had no bible until the guttenberg press in the 15th century. So they had no sacred text to worship. they had to connect to god through prayers, contemplation, meditation, music, nature, etc. Not thru some book put together by many different people with different views like american evangelical christians do, which is ridiculous and makes no sense. No book or text could ever represent god or be worshipped as though it were god. Especially a book written by many different people with many different views and is not unified, like the king james bible.

In fact alex said the reason Jesus never wrote anything down was because he didnt want his writings to be viewed as holy sacred scripture, as though it were god, but instead wanted people to discover the christ within. That makes some sense.

James perloff said greek orthodoxy represents the original christianity better than other denominations do. So it might be worth looking into.

Is greek orthodoxy the same as russian orthodoxy? Because the russian orthodox church doesnt feel spiritual at all or sacred or holy or divine. Russians dont seem to care about theology or spirituality much. Only about having a good time and taking advantage of others without regard for ethics.

What do you think?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Eastern Orthodox Church - The truest and most original Christianity? Unliberalized too!

Post by Winston »

Check out these lists of differences between Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Catholicism. One of them is that Orthodox members and priests like to have big beards. No wonder Roosh is drawn to Eastern Orthodoxy, because of his huge beard. lol. It fits right in with the other Orthodox members and clergy. lol. Same with Mr S. He also has a beard now and so fits the Orthodoxy look. lol

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Eastern Orthodox Church - The truest and most original Christianity? Unliberalized too!

Post by Winston »

James Perloff, one of the most intelligent Truthers and Conspiracy Experts, with a very sharp mind, explains in this podcast below why he converted to Eastern Orthodox Christianity and why he feels it's the closest to being the most original Christian Church.

Also, here is James Perloff's blog post where he explains why he joined the Orthodox faith.

https://jamesperloff.com/2017/11/20/i-h ... dox-faith/

Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Glad this thread exists. It shows people that there are only 2 legitimate Christian faiths in the world, Roman Catholicism and Eastern Orthodoxy, period. All of the Protestant faiths are "Johnny Come Lately" denominations which are based on heresy, deceit, and fakery.

If you are to be a Christian, it is one of these two or nothing at all. Sorry @Neo and @Adama but this is just how it is.
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
July 5th, 2019, 1:01 pm
Glad this thread exists. It shows people that there are only 2 legitimate Christian faiths in the world, Roman Catholicism and Eastern Orthodoxy, period. All of the Protestant faiths are "Johnny Come Lately" denominations which are based on heresy, deceit, and fakery.

If you are to be a Christian, it is one of these two or nothing at all. Sorry @Neo and @Adama but this is just how it is.
The only thing a person has to do to become a Christian, is to believe that Jesus is the Son of God, meaning He is the Messiah, and that His complete works of righteousness are all that is required for eternal life; and that He died for our sins and was resurrected. There are no acts of repentance from sin mentioned in the Bible for salvation, neither are their acts of sacraments mentioned in the Bible for salvation. [Repentance from sin is necessary, but it has no role in salvation. Christ saves, not our turning from sin.]

However, if a person just takes a look at every false religion in the world, they are each based upon the works (or faith + works) that the individual does for their own salvation. Christianity - the real form that is simply by trusting, believing and having faith in Christ entirely (not in part or 50/50) - is about Christ and His works (his perfectly sinless life, death, burial and resurrection). A person's own works cannot save him or her from hell any more than a person building a ladder can reach the stars.

When a person trusts in Christ (and not on his or her own works), then God gives them the free gift of salvation, by imputing the righteousness of Christ onto that believer, making that person worthy to live again in the new world - and this is what He lived and died for, to make us worthy to join Him in eternity, where the greater life is. [And anyone adding works to their belief for salvation is saying that he is his own redeemer, making himself a co-equal with Christ and renders faith null. A man would have to be Christ in the flesh to be saved by his own works.]

Go to a Catholic or an Orthodox website and look up the plan of salvation, and although it may begin with salvation is by faith, usually by the end, the salvation doctrine turns out to be complicated by works.

Take care, Contriarian, and thanks for the nod.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
redfeather
Freshman Poster

Post by redfeather »

I converted five years ago to Eastern Orthodox after about three years of study about the original ancient church...The Orthodox. I converted for all of the reason's that are talked about in these three video's. The Orthodox faith is the only Church that is traceable all the way back to Jesus Christ. As they stated in the above video...for the first 1,000 years there was only one denomination and that was Orthodox. The split between the Orthodox and the Catholic church occurred in the year 1054 primarily because we Orthodox did not want/believe in a supreme Pope being over the entire church. Another big difference is that our Orthodox Priests are allowed to be married and have a family, so they get to work on some poon which is a natural thing for a male to do. I believe this is one of the reasons why the Catholic church has so many Priests that become pedophiles. If you want to drill down more on this topic here is a link: http://www.returnofkings.com/161374/5-c ... heir-faith
Retired Army Colonel (Combat Arms)
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Eastern Orthodox Church - The truest and most original Christian Church?

Post by Winston »

More intro videos about Christian orthodoxy.

Orthodoxy 101

What is Christian Orthodoxy?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Mr S and I discussing Eastern Orthodoxy over WhatsApp:

Mr S:

I already saw video before, Google must be sharing links or spying on us.... Anyways technically Russian and orthodox are same but they have different bishops presiding over the churches. I think Russians take orthodox seriously you just hear and run into the degenerates just like one would living in America. Same difference, same in Philippines, all countries its easier to meet degenerates and non religious people it seems when your a foreigner just traveling.

I might switch to orthodox when I get to the states. Theres a Greek one near my dad's house and a Russian one a bit further away in another city. I'll see what it's like when I get back there. I'm already familiar with catholicism so it's probably not too many major differences.

I've already subscribed to that cartoon orthodox channel, yeah Google or whatsapp is sending our info cross-platform.

Winston:

Wow. Check this out. Apparently all the eastern orthodox bishops and monks look like you! Lol. They all wear a beard just like you do, which is outlawed in the catholic church. Lol. I wonder why that is. So you and your holy beard would fit into the orthodox religion like a glove. Lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HNr43ObrFk

Furthermore the orthodox church is the only major church that never went liberal like the catholic church did in the 1960s. They still hold to their conservative beliefs. Wow. Thats rad.

Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Winston wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 3:09 am
Mr S and I discussing Eastern Orthodoxy over WhatsApp:

Mr S:

I already saw video before, Google must be sharing links or spying on us.... Anyways technically Russian and orthodox are same but they have different bishops presiding over the churches. I think Russians take orthodox seriously you just hear and run into the degenerates just like one would living in America. Same difference, same in Philippines, all countries its easier to meet degenerates and non religious people it seems when your a foreigner just traveling.

I might switch to orthodox when I get to the states. Theres a Greek one near my dad's house and a Russian one a bit further away in another city. I'll see what it's like when I get back there. I'm already familiar with catholicism so it's probably not too many major differences.

I've already subscribed to that cartoon orthodox channel, yeah Google or whatsapp is sending our info cross-platform.

Winston:

Wow. Check this out. Apparently all the eastern orthodox bishops and monks look like you! Lol. They all wear a beard just like you do, which is outlawed in the catholic church. Lol. I wonder why that is. So you and your holy beard would fit into the orthodox religion like a glove. Lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HNr43ObrFk

Furthermore the orthodox church is the only major church that never went liberal like the catholic church did in the 1960s. They still hold to their conservative beliefs. Wow. Thats rad.
So you're becoming a Christian again?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Neo wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 7:26 am
Depends on what you mean. If you mean by your definition, a Christian Fundamentalist/Evangelist, then no I'm not trying to go back to that. I evolved beyond that in 1992. Where have you been? lol. I consider myself a Christian Gnostic though, a seeker of higher esoteric truth that's not geared for the dumb masses. Your simple Gospel tract of "Accept Christ as your savior and be saved forever, even if you commit mass murder" is definitely dumbed down for the masses. Yet you think it's the be all and end off of absolute literal truth. Funny. And it's even more funny that I used to believe as you did. I evolved beyond that in 1992. I'm just seeking truth and meaning now. And that truth does not lie with any fundamentalist branch, that's for sure.

Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Winston wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 12:16 pm
Neo wrote:
Depends on what you mean. If you mean by your definition, a Christian Fundamentalist/Evangelist, then no I'm not trying to go back to that. I evolved beyond that in 1992. Where have you been? lol. I consider myself a Christian Gnostic though, a seeker of higher esoteric truth that's not geared for the dumb masses. Your simple Gospel tract of "Accept Christ as your savior and be saved forever, even if you commit mass murder" is definitely dumbed down for the masses. Yet you think it's the be all and end off of absolute literal truth. Funny. And it's even more funny that I used to believe as you did. I evolved beyond that in 1992. I'm just seeking truth and meaning now. And that truth does not lie with any fundamentalist branch, that's for sure.
Winston, I doubt an Orthodox, Catholic, Anglican, Lutheran, Calvinist, Baptist or any other kind of pastor is going to agree with Gnosticism.

As for mass murder, why do people always bring this up as one of their reasons against faith alone salvation? God has a rod and a staff for each believer. He is almighty, all powerful and omnipotent. The rod is used to chastise. The staff is used to keep the person on the right course.

I seriously doubt a believer could commit mass murder. God has the power to take someone's life in an instant by any means He wants. Also, living with certain diseases and illnesses may be a fate worse than death, and this can truly ruin a person's life and make a person wish for death.

People also forget that eternal life is secure, but riches, glory and honor are completely dependent on doing good works and abstaining from evil. In other words, does the believer want a small house? A mansion? A castle? Does the person want to be among the greatest or among the least?
Pinayhunter
Freshman Poster

Post by Pinayhunter »

Winston wrote:
Neo wrote:
There’s nothing evolved about new age spirituality - it’s been around since Babylon. Really, since the Garden of Eden when Satan told Eve, “Ye shall be as gods.” And it’s precisely what the “dumb masses” are being deceived into believing. Satan knows most people aren’t going to fall for atheism, so instead he promotes things like reincarnation, necromancy, divination, spirit guides, pantheism, etc. It’s everywhere now. Just look at Oprah’s book recommendations.

The KJV Bible is truth. 40 authors on 3 different continents over 1500 years all talking about the same thing. Scrutinized by countless experts in all different fields, and not one discrepancy found. The only book that writes history in advance. I’m absolutely, positively, 100% sure this is the inspired Word of God.

If you’re not saved by faith in the LITERAL blood of Jesus Christ, you WILL experience LITERAL flames, no sleep, hunger, thirst, and suffocation in hell for all eternity after you die. Think about it. A trillion years will pass, and you’re still on day one. You DON’T want to be wrong about this.

“Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.” - 2 Timothy 3:7

“Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:” - 2 Peter 3:3-5
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Neo wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 12:49 pm
Winston wrote:
Neo wrote:
Winston, I doubt an Orthodox, Catholic, Anglican, Lutheran, Calvinist, Baptist or any other kind of pastor is going to agree with Gnosticism.

As for mass murder, why do people always bring this up as one of their reasons against faith alone salvation? God has a rod and a staff for each believer. He is almighty, all powerful and omnipotent. The rod is used to chastise. The staff is used to keep the person on the right course.

I seriously doubt a believer could commit mass murder. God has the power to take someone's life in an instant by any means He wants. Also, living with certain diseases and illnesses may be a fate worse than death, and this can truly ruin a person's life and make a person wish for death.

People also forget that eternal life is secure, but riches, glory and honor are completely dependent on doing good works and abstaining from evil. In other words, does the believer want a small house? A mansion? A castle? Does the person want to be among the greatest or among the least?
Of course not. Christian denominations tend to be intolerant and consider others to be false. Nothing new there. Once religion becomes institutionalized, it becomes all about preserving the institution, not seeking truth. That's true of any organization, churches included.

Just because organized religion shuns Gnosticism doesn't mean Gnosticism is false or bad. Usually those who take a lot of flack, means they are flying over the target.

The mass murder thing was just to point out the silliness of fundamentalism and evangelicalism, which teaches that salvation is eternal and one cannot lose it, even if one commits mass murder. That's just a belief. There's no logic or fact to support that. In fact the Christian church did not believe that historically. It's part of the MODERN AMERICAN version of Christianity and has NO ROOTS in history at all. It's an AMERICAN INVENTION and didn't exist until the 1800's. It's a silly belief that makes no sense.

Christianity and Jesus could all be true, but not Christian doctrine, nor of the teaching of Biblical infallibility. Those are not necessary. What matters is Jesus' core teachings. That's what the wisest Christians say, including my Venetian friend Alex. Doctrines like Biblical infallibility are silly and unnecessary, and not supported by anything. Inspiration and dictation are not the same thing. An inspired person is not infallible by any means. No one is infallible, not even the gods are.

Americans love extreme beliefs, that's the problem. Sensible European Christians didn't have such extreme beliefs and doctrines. They were far more reasonable. Remember your version of Christianity is NEW and MODERN. It is not the Christianity of history and it is definitely not the original Christianity that Jesus or Paul taught. Evangelicalism didn't even become popular until the early 1900's.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Pinayhunter wrote:
July 10th, 2019, 4:28 pm
Winston wrote:
Neo wrote:
There’s nothing evolved about new age spirituality - it’s been around since Babylon. Really, since the Garden of Eden when Satan told Eve, “Ye shall be as gods.” And it’s precisely what the “dumb masses” are being deceived into believing. Satan knows most people aren’t going to fall for atheism, so instead he promotes things like reincarnation, necromancy, divination, spirit guides, pantheism, etc. It’s everywhere now. Just look at Oprah’s book recommendations.

The KJV Bible is truth. 40 authors on 3 different continents over 1500 years all talking about the same thing. Scrutinized by countless experts in all different fields, and not one discrepancy found. The only book that writes history in advance. I’m absolutely, positively, 100% sure this is the inspired Word of God.

If you’re not saved by faith in the LITERAL blood of Jesus Christ, you WILL experience LITERAL flames, no sleep, hunger, thirst, and suffocation in hell for all eternity after you die. Think about it. A trillion years will pass, and you’re still on day one. You DON’T want to be wrong about this.

“Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.” - 2 Timothy 3:7

“Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:” - 2 Peter 3:3-5
Why can't there be white and black magic? Or white and black paganism or wicca? Why does it all have to be bad? That's black and white thinking. Too extreme.

If all the ancient religions teach that we can become "gods" then they are likely onto something. There has to be a reason for it. Remember that quote in the Bible where Jesus said "Have I not said ye are gods?"

John 10:34
"Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?"

Another similar verse:

Psalm 82:6
"I have said, "You are gods; you are all sons of the Most High."""

You are definitely WRONG if you think the Bible is perfect and infallible. There is no logical reason to believe that. None at all. No evidence and no good argument for it. It is a 100 percent FACT that the Bible contains thousands of contradictions and discrepancies, many of which are IRREFUTABLE and cannot be explained away. I know you can't accept that, and any proof or examples given to you will be rejected outright, because your beliefs edit your reality and you've already decided the Bible is infallible, because Christian Evangelism says so, and as part of that group, you cannot question their teachings, because humans have a hive mind and usually conform to whatever their group says, without question, even if it's absurd.

No freethinker who is unbrainwashed considers the Bible to be infallible. No way. Not one. Plus you don't need to believe in Biblical infallibility in order to believe in Jesus or Christianity. As my friend Alex said, what matters is Jesus' core teachings. You can be a follower of Jesus without believing such a wild and extreme and unrealistic doctrine like Biblical infallibility. But since Americans love absolute authority, they INVENTED that doctrine. It's not natural at all.

The Bible has clearly changed and evolved over time, especially in regard to Jesus and his divinity. Please see what Dr. Bart Ehrman has written about on the subject and lectured. His analysis of how the Bible changed and evolved and contains different teachings that clearly contradict each other is irrefutable and solid. See below.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... art+ehrman

Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Winston wrote:
July 12th, 2019, 1:25 pm
Of course not. Christian denominations tend to be intolerant and consider others to be false. Nothing new there. Once religion becomes institutionalized, it becomes all about preserving the institution, not seeking truth. That's true of any organization, churches included.

Just because organized religion shuns Gnosticism doesn't mean Gnosticism is false or bad. Usually those who take a lot of flack, means they are flying over the target.

The mass murder thing was just to point out the silliness of fundamentalism and evangelicalism, which teaches that salvation is eternal and one cannot lose it, even if one commits mass murder. That's just a belief. There's no logic or fact to support that. In fact the Christian church did not believe that historically. It's part of the MODERN AMERICAN version of Christianity and has NO ROOTS in history at all. It's an AMERICAN INVENTION and didn't exist until the 1800's. It's a silly belief that makes no sense.

Christianity and Jesus could all be true, but not Christian doctrine, nor of the teaching of Biblical infallibility. Those are not necessary. What matters is Jesus' core teachings. That's what the wisest Christians say, including my Venetian friend Alex. Doctrines like Biblical infallibility are silly and unnecessary, and not supported by anything. Inspiration and dictation are not the same thing. An inspired person is not infallible by any means. No one is infallible, not even the gods are.

Americans love extreme beliefs, that's the problem. Sensible European Christians didn't have such extreme beliefs and doctrines. They were far more reasonable. Remember your version of Christianity is NEW and MODERN. It is not the Christianity of history and it is definitely not the original Christianity that Jesus or Paul taught. Evangelicalism didn't even become popular until the early 1900's.
The form of "Christianity" which took over Europe is not Christianity but a pagan hybrid that worships Mary, priests, dead saints, statues, and is very much counter to what Christianity is about. Christianity is about Christ. The European forms are mostly about worshiping the Queen of Heaven, which goes all the way back to the time of Jeremiah and is spoken of in that book. Mary worship in false Christianity is just an integration of ancient paganism.

Gnosticism is not Christianity. It is Satanism veiled as Christianity. A person really can't be a Christian without Christ.

As for eternal life being truly eternal, Christ said He would not take it away for any reason (that's what "in no wise cast out" means). It is also a free gift and not by works:

Eternal Security
John 6:37 KJV All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

John 10:28 KJV And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Ephesians 4:30 KJV And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
[See also: John 5:24, John 6:39, 6:40, 10:29, Psalm 89:30-34 KJV]

SALVATION IS THE FREE GIFT OF GOD
Romans 6:23 KJV For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 3:24 KJV Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV [8] For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:[9] Not of works, lest any man should boast.
[See also: Romans 5:15, 5:16, 5:17, 5:18, 5:21 KJV]