Do most people feel unloved and unwanted in America?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

Winston wrote:Globetrotter,
The US is a big place. How do you know I wouldn't have fit in if I had lived somewhere else?
Experience.

Winston, you need to get to a point in your life where you realize that sometimes other people know things that you don't.

I have read your posts and ebook and from what you constantly write about, you don't fit in to the USA during the time you were born. Maybe you could have made a go of it during the Commune Era of 1966-1976, but you weren't old enough. You dislike everything about the USA. Your every value that you have expressed, is antithetical to what the USA is about now, 2010.

It's more likely that you fit in to Russia.

They even love Conspiracy Theories, too.

You have written at length that you felt at ease in Russia and fit in.

Ok. Fine. This is an established fact for you.

Thus, you should spend every waking second working to the goal of getting back to Russia, living there and staying there.

Everything else is a waste of time, life and energy.

So, move to Russia.
Make it happen.
Learn Russian, well.
Get a skill set that you can use in Russia for work.
Get a visa and a job and a girl.

You are wasting your life complaining.

You already know where you were happiest, so go there.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

globetrotter wrote:
Winston wrote:They can give you an ear to listen to yeah. But how will that solve anything? In the end, they would only tell you to "go abroad if that makes you happier" so we are back at square one again, which is to GO ABROAD.

So what would that accomplish? I don't get your point.
His point is that 60% of all who expat become Rejectors and have to return home and that their social maladaptedness will still need to be dealt with.

The expats that I meet from America who are young are 90% misfits and socially maladjusted. Most drink to excess and stay in an expat 'bubble'. No local food, no local language, no local music.

Even those from other nations are 'off' and it's clear as can be.

It's best to go with a plan in mind.

For instance my plan is to seek out places that are low stress, to work and retire in. Some place with lots of available work that has a preference for my skill set, age and nationality.
But Globetrotter, there are different types of maladaptiveness. They are not all one type. Don't lump them all into the same category. Guys who drink all the time are not maladaptive just cause they drink. You can stay in the US and drink all the time too, with certain guys who do that. Why do you need to go overseas to get drunk? The US has many bars where you can do that too.

What about the kind of maladaptiveness described by Eric Fromm below?

"The sick individual finds himself at home with all other similarly sick individuals. The whole culture is geared to this kind of pathology. The result is that the average individual does not experience the separateness and isolation the fully schizophrenic person feels. He feels at ease among those who suffer from the same deformation; in fact, it is the fully sane person who feels isolated in the insane society — and he may suffer so much from the incapacity to communicate that it is he who may become psychotic." - Eric Fromm (The Anatomy of Human Destructiveness)

Do you understand that paragraph?

Sure most of us here are probably eccentric types. But it's not like society is sane, healthy and genuine either. lol You know that. Come on now.

Can you clarify the type of maladaptiveness you're talking about? You aren't talking about genuine people who feel maladapted in a culture of fakeness, are you?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

globetrotter wrote:
Winston wrote:Globetrotter,
The US is a big place. How do you know I wouldn't have fit in if I had lived somewhere else?
Experience.

Winston, you need to get to a point in your life where you realize that sometimes other people know things that you don't.

I have read your posts and ebook and from what you constantly write about, you don't fit in to the USA during the time you were born. Maybe you could have made a go of it during the Commune Era of 1966-1976, but you weren't old enough. You dislike everything about the USA. Your every value that you have expressed, is antithetical to what the USA is about now, 2010.

It's more likely that you fit in to Russia.

They even love Conspiracy Theories, too.

You have written at length that you felt at ease in Russia and fit in.

Ok. Fine. This is an established fact for you.

Thus, you should spend every waking second working to the goal of getting back to Russia, living there and staying there.

Everything else is a waste of time, life and energy.

So, move to Russia.
Make it happen.
Learn Russian, well.
Get a skill set that you can use in Russia for work.
Get a visa and a job and a girl.

You are wasting your life complaining.

You already know where you were happiest, so go there.
Globetrotter,
Yeah you have more linear experience than me. But I am an old soul and probably have many more lifetimes. Anyway, Russia? Dude you are arguing from 2004. I've already explained all that years ago.

Again, yes in SOME ways I do fit into Russia, but not others. No place is a perfect match. There will always be complaints and incompatibilities. I am just a very unique person.

In Russia my personality and communication style fits very well. My open and direct style fits Russia like a glove. But when I'm there, sometimes people tell me I don't fit there, cause I look too nice and soft for their hard environment. People who are rough and tough and street smart fit in better there. A few Russians themselves told me that. (Next time I should show them some of my pamphlets that outline why I fit in there socially lol) Other Russians have looked at me and insinuated that I didn't belong there. They don't exactly like Asians either.

Plus I am frugal and many girls there don't like that. And I am too short and considered "not sexy" to them, thus most girls will only want to be "friends" with me or use me for "language/culture exchange". They don't wanna go home with me. Thus most of my action is limited to prostitutes, who are often greedy and not that attractive.

So, in some ways I fit in and in other ways I don't. Do you understand that?

Eastern Europe would be a good fit for me personality-wise for similar reasons, though it will be better in that it will be more modern and less dangerous in terms of crime and street scams.

The Philippines is a good fit for me for similar reasons too. It's a good personality fit for me, but I can't stand the humid weather, shamelessness, dirty streets, non-intellectualism, etc.

Every place has its pros and cons. You can't have it all.

So what is your suggestion now? The same? If so, why?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

Terrence wrote:
ajushi wrote: Now that's my story and it doesn't apply exactly to all, but I believe that all the guys on here, and many of the ones looking for foreign wives, are f***ed up somehow like me, coming from my kind of background in one form or another and I dare any of you to deny it.
I'd have to deny it. My parents are in their 60's and 70's and still together. I grew up living in the same town as many relatives on both my father's and my mother's side of the family. We had huge family get togethers every holiday, and sometimes would get together just for BBQ. I will say, though, I think many black families from the south are not as fragmented or split as most of mainstream America.

I started dating Japanese women in college and saw a huge difference in how they related to men. That's what got me interested in foreign women. As for moving abroad to places like the Philippines, I will honestly say I don't want to work! Why should I waste my life away making someone else rich? This doesn't mean I don't want to do anything. I am a published author and animated film maker and I just want to do what I do, not give 8-5 to someone else's dream. I was making $2000-$3000 a month from a website while living in the Philippines and that was true freedom. Now it seems like I could do better with even less in China, and live a much much higher quality of life. Why slave alway to live in a $1000 USD a month shit hole in LA?! (not to mention how expensive everything else is)

Also, I draw in a very Japanese influenced style. I saw years ago, during my first tours in Asia, that I could sell more DVDs over here in a day than I could in a month in the US. I almost agree with you about "worthwhile work" being a goal for going overseas. But I don't like work. I make money doing the things I used to get in trouble for doing instead of school "work", meaning drawing comics and cartoons, which was considered play and a waste of time.
Terrence, we see eye to eye. Moving overseas for me has little to do with sex, women, or escaping from living alone.

My issue is having to live in America where you have to slave away your life just to keep a roof over your head (i.e, 12 hour shifts back to back that ruin your health). Hell, when I was in California people were renting rooms for 1000 bucks a month! And it's getting worse, I'm noticing a lot of baby boomers working two jobs just to survive! They will work say a retail job one day, then another day you will see them stocking shelves at a supermarket down the street; I have seen it! My god what happens if they get sick (and they will)?

Also, it's very terrifying to know that as a man, if I run out of money, and I'm too old to work, I will be sent to the streets to live under a bridge because America only values young good looking people, women and children.

F*** U America! I refuse to let you take a S*** on me!
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Re: Jack Duffy, Counselor and Zen Teacher, denies our claims

Winston wrote:
Winston wrote: What's the point of getting counseling? A counselor is not trained to give you advice. They are trained to give you coping skills. They cannot solve problems. They cannot change things for you. They cannot give you love, acceptance or companionship. They can give you an ear to listen to yeah. But how will that solve anything? In the end, they would only tell you to "go abroad if that makes you happier" so we are back at square one again, which is to GO ABROAD.

So what would that accomplish? I don't get your point.

In fact, that's what my counselor, Jack Duffy of Bellingham, WA said. He said, "Well if you are happier abroad, then what are you doing here?" I replied, "Cause people online told me to solve my problems at home first before going abroad, and they said I should get counseling, so I'm here." So you see, following the advice of people online would lead to a dead end in this case.

Furthermore, a counselor might even try to get you to blame yourself and tell you that the problem is YOU, not society, which of course would accomplish nothing. Improving yourself isn't going to solve the huge dysfunctions in US society and social culture and women, especially if you are not the "dating type" of most women nor have the status they want. But even if you were to take all the many great arguments from this site and convince your counselor that the problem was society and not you, it would just come back to the same bottom line. He/she would say, "Ok you are right. Your arguments make sense. The problem isn't you. It's society. So what are you doing here then? You are better off going abroad." and thus we are back to square one again! (I've been through this many times with people)

So you see, it all comes back to the same bottom line again. So what would going to a counselor accomplish?
I found my counselor Jack Duffy, the one who denies our claims about overseas cultures and foreign women, online. Apparently he is a Zen meditation teacher. My gosh. How can a Zen teacher be so closed minded and denialist? He is the mental health counselor I told you about in Bellingham, WA who denied that people are friendlier and more inclusive overseas, that foreign women are more approachable, and that Americans are anti-social. Even though I brought two huge photo albums with hundreds of photos of me and girls in Russia to prove my claims, he denied it all and looked at them with disgust. According to him, all immigrants he's met in America, including Europeans, consider America to be more open and friendly than in their home countries! How can a Zen teacher be so opinionated and dense?

Furthermore, he teaches self-blame (I think) by telling you to say "I feel Americans are anti-social" rather than "Americans are anti-social" and will argue with me about it if I don't use this "me" language. I'm not sure what school of psychology that is based on, but I will email him and invite him to clarify himself here. I will also email him and ask him to explain all the testimonies, photos, videos and comparison charts on this site. If he responds (which he probably won't) I will let you know. lol

Anyway, here are his photos and bios on various sites:

http://sweepingzen.com/2009/12/23/jack-duffy-bio/

Jack Duffy is a Zen teacher in Washington state practicing in the Harada-Yasutani lineage, a dharma heir of Robert Aitken-roshi. As a leader of the Zen Center of Spokane and the Three Treasures Sangha of the Pacific Northwest, Duffy first began practice with Aitken-roshi in 1981 and received permission to teach from him in 1992. Five years later, he was given the title Roshi and underwent Dharma transmission. Duffy has also studied with other masters, including Thich Nhat Hanh and Joan Riek. He brings his roles of spouse, father, and psychotherapist, as well as years of endangered species work and wilderness wanderings, to his teaching.

At home near Bellingham, Washington, Jack leads retreats in the Spokane area twice a year, as well as a week-long sesshin on the Olympic Peninsula near Seattle each April and November.
http://www.zencenterspokane.org/teacher.htm

Jack Duffy

Robert Aitken and Jack Duffy
Our Teacher

Jack Duffy....

was given permission to teach by Robert Aitken, Roshi in January, 1992, and was given independent teaching status and the title of Roshi in the formal Transmission Ceremony 5 years later. Jack has been a student of Aitken Roshi since 1981 and has studied with other teachers, including Joan Rieck and Thich Nhat Hanh.

He brings his roles of spouse, father and psychotherapist as well as years of endangered species work and wilderness wanderings to his teaching.

From a business perspective, I think he's afraid to agree with you Winston because he does not want to upset his Amercian clientele/customers.

Also, don't be surprised that he's not as open minded as you would think because he's probably not a real "zen master" or whatever anyway. For example, most of the martial arts taught in this country is a water down version that is solely used to make money.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

ajushi wrote:I am the one with an insecure attachment style because I was neglected and abused by my mother and abandoned by the father, like 10s of millions of other Americans these days raised in divorced families. I am the one with abandonment issues as a result, giving me a virtually non-existent thresh hold for dealing with rejection and break ups with the American women who are impossible to please mainly because I am in fact insecure, wounded, and so on as a result of my own background.

I am the one who, as a result, struggles with a deficient sense of social belonging and even struggles at work and is insecure in relationships (not a good thing to be with already masculine, domineering American woman.) In fact, I and every man I know from my kind of background is single because of it - they are too insecure to function normally in relationship.

I know American men who are well adjusted with loving American wives. Several in my own town here come to mind..... Every single one of these men comes from a solid multi-generational family and upbringing. I do not. The men I know who come from my kind of background are also all single. A bandaid can not be put on this by going to Europe, etc.

Now that's my story and it doesn't apply exactly to all, but I believe that all the guys on here, and many of the ones looking for foreign wives, are f***ed up somehow like me, coming from my kind of background in one form or another and I dare any of you to deny it.

We are all F*** up in one way or another because we currently live a harsh existence where we have to use other people or submissively let other people use us to survive. It sounds like a simple set up, but abuse and exploitation is always a constant reoccurring theme.

As far as growing up, I grew up in a dysfunctional home too, and I agree that it changes the way you think about people and relationships. You tend not to trust people and you look out for yourself; not a bad thing considering the type of world we live in.

The thing for me however, once my mother is gone, that's it, I have nobody else so that means, if I start a family, and get married, I don't get any help from elders, uncles, grandparents or anybody.

That's crazy, I'm not going to sign up to do everything on my own! And it's not about money or dowry, it's about having grandparents that you can talk to when your relationship with your wife is on the rocks, or having a sister help watch your kids so you can let your hair out with a night out on the town.

I strongly believe that people who don't have anybody to turn to in a time of need (even just to talk) have a higher propensity for mental illness. So with that said, I'm avoiding getting involved in relationships where I put my fragile emotions and mental well being on the line.

This does not mean that I'm extremely f*** up, it just means that I'm smart enough to know that it's not wise to extend my emotions to a stranger who could emotionally devastate me knowing that I don't have any backup (family, friends) to help me rebuild myself.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

ijohn wrote:There is some truth to the family issue though. Before our adolescence we are shaped by our parents and our upbringing. There is a strong instinct to repeat our parents patterns. Most of us learn through conditioning. There is a strong instinctual fear to leave our parents patterns no matter how destructive they might be. If our source family patterns have been damaged or we find their ways uncomfortable we have to learn how to make new ones. This is very difficult for most people and brings with it its own sets of anxieties and problems. It can feel at least initially like entering an open space without any guides or rules.

I agree. The hardest issue for me was to renounce the Christian faith. I was ingrained in Christianity since I was a child, and was told to talk to something that did not talk back to me like a lunatic, but as time went on, I realized that, for example, giving money to the church does not make you more prosperous, or that believing in god/bible does not make your life better. I simply chose to look at the truth and not "have faith" regardless of the consequences; it was very liberating to say the least.
ssjparris
Junior Poster

Post by ssjparris »

@ northamericanguy i am with you right here bud. I totally agree when you said that you do not want to put yourself in a relationship when it is just going to be emotionally taxing. american women are all bitches. its very very negative experiences i have had with them. extraordinarily difficult to be with. i am focusing on mature foreign relationships from now on.
ijohn
Freshman Poster

Post by ijohn »

From a business perspective, I think he's afraid to agree with you Winston because he does not want to upset his Amercian clientele/customers.

Also, don't be surprised that he's not as open minded as you would think because he's probably not a real "zen master" or whatever anyway. For example, most of the martial arts taught in this country is a water down version that is solely used to make money.
You do have to be careful with American Zen. It is an odd mix of old forms brought from Japan, the meditation itself, a healthy doze of judgementalist calvinist protestantism combined with faux new age spirituality that insists on everything as sunny cheery optimistic and people are always only ever nice and an obsessive, frightened political correctness, the last three of which have nothing to do with Zen.

The graceful ease, that immense quiet silence that you would feel from an old style zen teacher from Asia, you won't see much of it in american zen. You certainly can find good teachers who are real but you do have to be a little discerning. Every teaching can be taken in various ways but if you are not careful you could combine mindfulness with the worst of calvinist judgementalism and find yourself rather than being at ease every moment, judging your every moment. Given the kind of people whom it draws you are also less likely to make long term friends there.

Still american zen does not have the dour rigidness you might find in the Japanese version. It can be a little more colorful and light and a little more fun. Leaving your conditionings is a difficult process fraught with anxiety, fear and danger and you can find yourself in spaces of great aridity and emptiness. Sometimes you don't leave your conditionings, they leave you and it can happen to people anywhere, not just in America. If you are in America and going through a process of leaving your conditionings spending some time in a zen center is a good option. You will have a safe healthy container in which to rebuild yourself and have people to share with which is vital. Preferably find a center that is full of people and allow yourself to be immersed in the practice for a while. Just don't take it too seriously, don't expect to make too many long term friends and know that your teachers are highly imperfect and have their own conditionings, take what they say with a grain of salt. After all everyone who is in American Zen is a convert of some kind, and has the general anxiety and neurosis of someone who has converted.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Jack Duffy, Counselor and Zen Teacher, denies our claims

Post by Winston »

Northamericanguy wrote: From a business perspective, I think he's afraid to agree with you Winston because he does not want to upset his Amercian clientele/customers.

But what a counselor says to you is confidential and not shared with other clients. So why would that be an issue?

Well he teaches Zen and has studied with masters, so he may be smart in one area but totally clueless in another. If you look at his photos you can see that he is a closed minded person in general. I didn't get any brilliant insights from him during our sessions, that's for sure. Even the psychiatrist in the movie "Blade" gave more intellectual insights than he did. lol. And especially the psychiatrist in the movie "Silence of the Lambs" (played by Anthony Hopkins) was far more intellectual and insightful about human nature.

So how come counselors in real life aren't as brilliant as Anthony Hopkins' character was? lol

ssjparris
Junior Poster

Post by ssjparris »

yeah i know the pyschiatrists are pretty silly compared to movie characters. the pychiatrists in real life are really not supposed to help anyone. but to worsen people's condition.
dreaux
Freshman Poster

Post by dreaux »

Hi, I am new to this forum but have been reading Winston's posts/articles on a semi-regular basis since around 2007. I can't deny that I resonate with a lot of what he writes about and also with what I have read in some of the other posts here. Kudos for having the courage to say what no one else is willing or aware enough to say. There are many ways of looking at these things but it is evident most of us share the feelings of isolation and wasteland that modern western society has become. There are many who perhaps feel this too but live in quiet desperation.

There are also many who are completely ignorant of these viewpoints and who are 100% fine with the way things are. Perhaps it is we who are the fools. My entire family/Everyone I grew up with is married now or otherwise happily (it seems) on 'lock down' - they are "sold out" Christians, married to 9-5 jobs, have bought into the system, etc. I see apparently happy people all the time - then I must turn to the theories of myself or others for consolation.

Underneath all our theories, solutions are what we all seek. I always aim to be empirical, yet I know my viewpoint will always color my experience of the world. I have proven to myself over and over that whatever I focus/dwell on I see/notice more of, automatically, in everyday life. At the same time it seems that these issues are all-pervasive and that maybe the grass really is greener on the other side. At the same time, Mick Jagger "Can't get no satisfaction", Bono still hasn't found what he's looking for, and the Buddha said life is imbued with unsatisfactoriness.

Personally the closest guess I can make in our timeline of human history is that we are all (humanity) seeking a sense of "tribe". What else are we equipped for? This code is written into our very DNA. Yet, our beliefs fragment us into a million separate pieces and we feel that separation.

I have recently been thinking about how our Puritan forefathers came over here and brutally wiped out the tribes of Native Americans who were living in peaceful harmony and oneness with the earth. They came over here with their Bible and forced that program upon them, brought the warring life to them as an invader - all in the name of a "loving" God. Jesus said the meek shall inherit the earth - well its been over 2000 years and I have yet to see that. Those that make war and kill and steal have inherited the earth. The assholes are winning.
Grunt
Junior Poster

Post by Grunt »

I have said for years now that there has been a sea change in American culture. America is no longer about what each person does with their life, but about what each douchebag does to screw up everyone else's life.

Its no longer about asking yourself "How can I start my own business?" or "How can I have a successful marriage?".

Today its about millions of mindless trolls asking themselves "How can I ruin this other guys business?" and "How can I ruin this other guys marriage?" They literally dont know what else to do with themselves.

Since it takes far less effort to destroy than to create, the system works quite well. Now America is filled to overflowing with petty little bitches (male and females) that are constantly looking for something, ANYTHING, to use against anyone and everyone around them.

Cutting someone off in traffic for no reason, closing a door in someones face, gossiping, backstabbing, tripping people up, thats what America is all about now.

Virtually every person you see around you is constantly scanning around them and asking themselves one simple question over and over in their mind, from the moment they wake till the time to go to sleep.

Who can I screw over? Who can I screw over? Who can I screw over? Who can I screw over?

Once you understand this universal rule that dominates our femino-centric dictatorship, everything suddenly makes perfect sense. You now instantly understand how to deal with everyone in any possible situation.

Once I figured out this one primary rule, I started having far fewer problems in life. I now have a far greater degree of control over my life and have recently begun to successfully preempt my enemies, thus leaving them in very unfavorable positions.

More on this if anyone is interested.
How to deal with newbies that talk much but do little.

Pics or it didn't happen.

YES/NO

Cool story, bro.

Problem solved.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Yes, tell us more, Grunt. I had thought the country was just suffering from an epidemic of complete and utter incompetence, but out-and-out malice would explain my experiences also. I'm thinking in particular of people I give money to for services -- lawyers, realtors, property managers, investment advisers, etc. They all -- all of them -- could not serve my interests any less if they were plain and simple trying to screw me. So maybe that's what's going on.

Word of advice -- don't give money to anyone in this country for products or services that you don't absolutely need. Chances are excellent that you will be throwing away your money.
Grunt
Junior Poster

Post by Grunt »

Funny you mention "professional" as that is a pet topic of mine lately. I am a disabled veteran and for the most part the "lawyers" that "help" disabled veterans access their earned benefits are "National Service Organizations" and their "Service Officers". This would be the American Legion, Disabled American Veterans, or the Veterans of Foreign Wars.

I filed my first VA Compensation & Pension claim back in 1993, and a full pension application in 2001. The DAV screwed up my claim back in 2001 and set the stage for me to become homeless as a result. Back in 2009 the Department of Veterans Affairs got busted shredding claims and evidence wholesale. Like 70% of all Regional Offices were simply obliterating anything that wasnt nailed down. Some of this evidence was irreplaceable like birth certificates and original discharge forms. I said back in 2001 this was going on, and of course I was told I was insane, that the gov't would NEVER shred files, and that I was probably with Osama bin Laden for saying such a thing.

I also said back in 2001 that the Service orgs were complicit in this scam, and sure enough, I was right on that count too. "VFW worker shredded files, but responsibility for loss remains uncertain" - http://www.jsonline.com/watchdog/pi/100740139.html.

As I said before, I effectively took over my own claim after the DAV sabotaged it. I decided back then that any rights you assign to others, you must not want. So the service orgs got me to 30% disability from 1993 to 2001, but I got myself to 100% within a year and a half of taking over personal control of my claim. I learned the system and used the rules against the VA. I am coming up on my 10 year anniversary of the VA and DAV basically stabbing me in the back.

The system, and those that are a part of it, are making BIG MONEY by leaving the system EXACTLY THE WAY IT IS. They will NOT allow ANYONE to "rock the boat". When my wife and I moved from Montana to Virginia my goal was to use all I have learned to help as many veterans as I can. I myself have been stabbed in the back by the VA and service orgs, and I cant say I enjoyed it. I wont sit by and let the VA screw my fellow veterans.

The VA, and the system, do not appreciate my efforts and do all hey can to hinder my progress. Case in point, http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/04/19/ve ... -disorder/ and http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/08/19 ... -harassed/ and yes I am Glenn McBride.

Along with the BS I get from the VA Regional Office, I get BS from the VA hospital as well. Not to go too much into detail, but the VA hospital subjected me to negligence and abuse. The abuse was blatant, and it was intentional, and I have permanent damage due to it. But since I know the rules, unlike most of my fellow veterans, I have filed a $3.7 million dollar malpractice suit against the VA hospital. The claim is going very well and should go to court this spring. My claim is extremely, and unusually, similar to the Deasy vs US case back in the 90's. http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/06/23 ... treatment/

So whats the point of my story? The lawyers dont want to help you, they want to DISSUADE you. I have spoken to DOZENS of lawyers about my VA malpractice case. I would say 99% of them are VEHEMENTLY against me filing a lawsuit, even though there is merit. Why? Because they know if *I* sue the VA and win, someone ELSE might sue the VA...and win! Then soon, a whole swarm of veterans will begin suing the VA, and even worse, they might get so good at it, that they dont need lawyers anymore!

I study 38 C.F.R. every day, I research Board of Veterans Appeals case histories very often, along with Federal court claims and legislation from congress that impacts veterans, and I have even taken a legal training course in veterans law (got a 95% score too). Why am I doing all this? Because I discovered that everyone nobody else has the balls to do it. Its the old military adage, if you cant find someone to lead the charge against the enemy machine gun nest, you are most likely that leader.

Now what possible reason would these lawyers and service officers and others have to trip up a disabled combat veteran that had a blatantly obvious case of medical malpractice? Easy, they are a pack of back-stabbing traitorous swine that are looking to screw anyone and everyone they can for any excuse whatsoever. But once you understand that fact, they become much easier to deal with, and perhaps even manipulate.

As I said before, once you understand the motivations of your enemy, you can effectively know what he will do in advance. Case in point. Did anyone read the story above where got arrested at the VA Regional Office? Guess what? I had a hidden camera running the whole time. I walked into the lobby with the tape running. The VA even wrote a letter to my senator denying they had me arrested. Too bad I got footage of it all, AND a witness

How do you think the VA is going to beat that little bit of evidence in court?

Understand what motivates your enemy, and life becomes easy. You might even walk away a millionaire if you play your cards right.