Any of you fans of Western or Wild West Movies too?

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Great Western Movies

Post by Winston »

Citizen wrote:
November 17th, 2016, 10:40 am
Maybe you like the these kinds of movies because you want to be a hero or are dreaming of one. Personally, I think Westerns are stupid. Who the fck wants to live with nothing? No women, no sex, no good food, no comforts. My ancestors worked so hard to create something first in Europe and then in Canada. But it turns out that if you work or create it just gets stolen by thieves and their traitorous dog men. The result of that is the creators stop creating that which they create be it material wealth and that which is life. A world of nothing.
What do you mean? Are you crazy? Are you saying that having things brings you happiness? Don't you know that was debunked ages ago? Does it make you happy to drive to Walmart and buy things? Lol. Geez.

Don't you get the romanticism of the Old West? It wasn't about having things. It was about having the FREEDOM to ride around the vast open countryside and landscapes FREELY, like a pioneer and adventurer and trail blazer. Look at the images of Wild West men on horses riding the open range and you'll see what I mean. If that doesn't fill you with a sense of freedom and romanticism, then nothing will. Every real man knows what I mean. Nothing makes you feel more free than to ride on the open range with vast wilderness, plains, prairies, and mountains and canyons around you.

The Wild West was also about a time when men were free without corporations and government and social rules. It was about a time when men could be men and women could be women. When men were REAL and AUTHENTIC and GENUINE. Watch any Old West classic and you will see that men were allowed to be men, and if we had met them, we would have gotten along with them easily, because authentic real men are easy to get along with. No fake macho men that put up an act. But real masculine men like John Wayne and many others. Don't you get it? It was an era of freedom and authenticity. And of course, townspeople were friendly and cheerful, with the good old American optimism and spirit that we grew up with.

So you see, it's about a lot more than being a hero. Also, men in the wild west could go to saloon girls and pay for sex with them, like you see with Wild West movies. You forget that. Or they could go back to the East Coast for women too. Back then, women loved good men.

Btw it's true that the romanticism of the Old West is romanticized in movies. It was even romanticized in 19th Century novels as well. But it's still true that men were men back then and women were women, and people were not afraid to talk to strangers and were more authentic and real back then too, despite the hard brutal life. Plus America was very prosperous back then. There were no taxes or inflation or big government to control you. So there was more freedom in many ways. You gotta consider that too.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Any of you fans of Western or Wild West Movies? Especially Spaghetti Westerns?

Post by Winston »

Just saw this great Spaghetti Western film called "My Name is Nobody" from 1973 starring Henry Fonda and Terence Hill. It was awesome and hilarious, with lots of slap stick comedy. I didn't know Terence Hill was such a good actor. He was so cocky and funny and over the top. Funnier than Charlie Chaplin I think. lol. This is a must see spaghetti western. One of the best. The slap stick comedy scenes and bar drinking contest scenes are among the best I've ever seen in a Western or any movie, and very creative and original. The whole film is up on YouTube if you wanna see it.

The soundtrack theme in it is good too and was also produced by the famous Ennio Morricone.

Here's the bar drinking contest scene. It's the most hilarious scene I've ever seen in a Western. Very creative, funny and original. lol

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Any of you fans of Western or Wild West Movies? Especially Spaghetti Westerns?

Post by Winston »

Great compilation of Wild West movie themes.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

More Wild West movie theme compilations.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

A few more.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Don't you guys love seeing classic Western films? The men in them are so authentic and genuine, like REAL men. No fake confidence or macho-ness. Just true confidence and authentic masculinity. Isn't that so refreshing to see? lol. It was a time when men were men and women were women, and even bad guys were real men, cocky and funny. And the men in them act so free too, and full of authentic natural confidence, not fake BS new age confidence from self-help books. LOL. Do you guys notice that too?

Btw, how come they don't make Western films today as good as before? It seems the best Western films are from the 50's, 60's and 70's. After that, the Westerns became just pure action flicks without the legendary soundtrack or slapstick comedy or creativity or authenticity. And the ones made after 2000 are serious, cold and gritty, without any humor.

I have a theory about why. It's because modern Hollywood does not like making films anymore where men and men and women are women. They always like to show strong women now who are the bosses and leaders and can beat men in fights, etc. Like in the new Star Wars trilogy. So it's difficult for modern Hollywood to make any decent Western nowadays because they'd have to revert to the "men are men and women are women" formula of the past in order to make a real Western, which goes against their agenda and modern programming to make women superior to men and the new leaders. So it puts them in a conundrum. Because you no real Western film can show women being stronger than men. That's just unheard of. So Hollywood just makes modern Westerns cold and serious and all about brutal violence, with no character development. That's my theory. Sucks huh?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Full soundtrack album for "My Name is Nobody". It will make you feel happy go lucky and like you are living the simple happy life in a small town. lol. Great mood music.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Great Saloon music from the wild west. Will make you feel like going into one. lol

Great Ragtime piano music compilation from the early 1900's. Will make you feel like you're in the 1920's during the good old days and wanna dance. lol

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Have you guys noticed that when you watch classic Western movies from the 50s, 60s and 70s that the men in them are so very different from modern men in that they have REAL GENUINE confidence, not the forced and fake kind that the self-improvement industry of modern American produces? It's so refreshing to see that. The men in those films act so authentic and masculine and it all looks so NATURAL and normal, not fake or pumped up like macho guys try to do. For example, see the Western films with Terence Hill in them. He is funny and cocky as hell, acts like he's invincible even. Yet his funniness and cockiness also look very relaxed and natural, not like it's an act. You won't see anyone like that today, either in movies or real life, who is so freespirited, cocky and happy go lucky like that without acting fake. It's priceless. lol

But a lot of the films of the 70's show that kind of vibe too too. For example, check out this trailer for "The Sting" from 1973 starring Paul Newman and Robert Redford. Notice their facial expressions. Redford looked a lot more wild, freespirited and uninhibited than he does now, whereas today he is so stiff and quiet now. There's also a happy go lucky vibe in that film that you can sort of see in the trailer too. How come you don't see men act like this today, so wild, masculine, playful and authentic? At least not in America. lol

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow check out this summary of Wyatt Earp's rad life. lol. How come men like this don't exist anymore? lol

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow check this out. Doesn't charles bronson in this goodbye scene look and act like a real man with real natural confidence? Notice how still and at ease he is, yet tough as nails and hard as a rock. He doesn't need to brag or boast or one up anybody, unlike you guys, lol, no offense.

Compare him to scott mallon (aka an american in bangkok) who has many insecurities deep down and overacts a lot to try to appear macho. lol. He ought to learn how to be a real man like this man charles bronson. Wow amazing. What a real man. So refreshing. You never seen men like this anymore. This was the epitome of true masculinity and natural confidence.

MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

No, not really. There are a few I've liked. Some of the later ones that have more character development than cliche shootouts were better. I supposed Dances with Wolves counts as a western. That was an entertaining movie.

Some of the old gun smoke episodes are okay for some mind-numbing vegetating.
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

I like Sergio Leone quite a lot. The only thing better that has been made since then imo is Eastwood's Unforgiven.

A Western author gave a speech I listened to some years ago in which he said that all Western plot ideas have already been done and consequently any Western written today will succeed or fail based on its characterization. However, movies as a medium (this is me speaking now, not that author) are better suited for plot than for characterization. Therefore we cannot expect to see too many great Westerns made like in the past.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Any of you fans of Western or Wild West Movies too?

Post by Winston »

Soundtrack score suites to "The Quick and the Dead" about a quick draw contest, starring Sharon Stone, Leonardo DiCaprio and Gene Hackman. One of my favorite soundtracks. Legendary.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Any of you fans of Western or Wild West Movies too?

Post by Winston »

Great spaghetti western flick with Terence Hill. Awesome soundtrack too. Made by soulful Italians.

They Call Me Trinity

WESTERN, English, Full Length Spaghetti Western Film, Full Movie: They Call Me Trinity (Italian: Lo chiamavano Trinità...) is a 1970 Italian Spaghetti Western comedy film written and directed by Enzo Barboni (under the pseudonym of E.B. Clucher) and produced by Italo Zingarelli. The film stars Terence Hill and Bud Spencer as two brothers, Trinity and Bambino, who help defend a Mormon settlement from Mexican bandits and the henchman of the land-grabbing Major Harriman. It was filmed on location in Lazio, Italy, with financial backing from West Film.

In order to protect a group of Mormons from Mexican bandidos, two brothers are forced to convert in this comedic spoof of spaghetti westerns. Trinity is Still My Name is the title of the sequel.

A lazy, unorthodox gunfighter and his portly, horse-thieving brother defend a Mormon settlement from a land-grabbing Major, a Mexican bandit, and their henchmen.