Any of you having trouble with the submit button?

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.
Winston
Site Admin

Any of you having trouble with the submit button?

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
Terrence told me that sometimes the submit button in this forum doesn't work. I don't know why that is. That's strange. Any others here having trouble with the submit button too?

Momopi, any explanation?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

I've noticed that too and then when you click on it again it creates a double topic. When you delete one of the extras it deletes both and you have to start all over again or just leave the two there.

I've also noticed that a section will be highlighted red for new posts and then when you enter the particular forum there won't be any red highlighted even though someone had written a new reply. It only happens on certain ones, I've noticed it on the Psychology one as it just happened today again.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

That is bizarre. Are you sure you are clicking the submit button, cause sometimes the page loads up and jumps during your click and so you end up clicking something else. lol. I hate that.

You probably went offline or the system logged you out for a while. When that happens, the new posts become old, even if you haven't read them. That's the drawback of phpBB2. I tried to install a mod to fix that, but it was way too tedious and complicated.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

No on both accounts cause I would have been aware of both those scenarios.

Maybe it's time you upgrade your forum software...
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I would have, but phpBB3 has drawbacks that this one doesn't have. Plus the mods here give it more features than phpBB3 has. Plus it'd be time consuming and risky as I'm not sure how the transfer would go. Plus phpBB3's admin menu is a pain in the ass and not very user friendly. I weighed the decision long ago and decided it wasn't worth it or necessary. Also, many forum members prefer the forum the way it is. Once you are used to something, it becomes a comfort zone I guess. lol