Why do filipinas have pudgy guts?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
well-informed
Freshman Poster

Why do filipinas have pudgy guts?

Post by well-informed »

I've noticed filipina women although many are thin, they have like really pudgy guts. Like they haven't an ab crunch in their life.

Very few, from the pics i've seem to have a nice thin chest.

I wanna know why is that, is it the diet in the phils?
well-informed
Freshman Poster

Post by well-informed »

* sorry for my grammar
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why do filipinas have pudgy guts?

Post by Rock »

well-informed wrote:I've noticed filipina women although many are thin, they have like really pudgy guts. Like they haven't an ab crunch in their life.

Very few, from the pics i've seem to have a nice thin chest.

I wanna know why is that, is it the diet in the phils?
Personally, I think the dominant races in PI tend to have very short and sloppy builds. Add to that the lack of an exercise culture, general laziness, and lots of sun damage at a young age and you get a heap of rough looking, dark, and prematurely aged women who may not be obese but are definitely out of shape and lack sex appeal, IMO.

Some ethnic groups are just more blessed physically than others. Exercise, skin care, and eating habits of the home culture can add or detract from these differences. For example, if we just focus on poorer classes (which tend to be the most available), I think its much easier to find stunning female specimens (in shape, curvy in the right places, and facially beautiful) in Brazil or Russia than Philippines or Bangladesh. Men from Senegal or Croatia are taller on average than their counterparts in China or Peru which gives them a universal advantage in attracting women.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Filipinas often have a piss poor diet too and I chalk a lot of the pudginess to this. Filipino food is high in sugar, saturated fat, and salt. When they aren't eating bad food with subpar ingredients they are usually big on western fast food/junk food stuff as well.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Repatriate wrote:Filipinas often have a piss poor diet too and I chalk a lot of the pudginess to this. Filipino food is high in sugar, saturated fat, and salt. When they aren't eating bad food with subpar ingredients they are usually big on western fast food/junk food stuff as well.
This is 100% correct. They also hate to exercise and will even complain if they have to walk somewhere outside for anything longer than a few minutes. You'll see women carrying around umbrellas everywhere not just for rain but for fear that a ray of sunlight might hit their skin and make them browner, ha ha.

Most women start losing their looks in PI after the age of 25 unless they actually watch what they eat and exercise regularly, but most don't do that. Also being a single mom in a bar tends to keep them younger looking since they have to live off their looks. Then they can maybe stretch their looks into their early 30's if they take care of themselves.

"Proper" and "good" Filipinas that get married and think they have a committed relationship will turn into fat disgusting blobs of fat after they have their first child generally. It's no different than in the States. It's actually worse in PI cause there is technically no divorce here so women just let themselves go once they get married, That's what I've noticed. The ones that stay in shape are typically ego-maniacs and are pre-madonnas. (or former bar girls that still have a survivalist mentality) So you lose either way when you marry a supposed local "good" girl. But i guess your not supposed to be marrying the body right? :roll:

#1 restaurants in Philippines are probably Jolllibee then MCdonalds, KFC and Pizza Hut if that gives you an idea of anything about their eating habits...
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
well-informed
Freshman Poster

Post by well-informed »

@ Mr S

Thanks for the info
Enishi
Freshman Poster

Post by Enishi »

Honestly speaking, the more I read on here, the less attractive the Philippines sounds so far as finding a girlfriend goes. :\
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Enishi wrote:Honestly speaking, the more I read on here, the less attractive the Philippines sounds so far as finding a girlfriend goes. :\
IMO, from what I've read, seen, and heard to date, the Philippines is a last resort Happier Abroad destination; a place to go once you can't cut-it anymore (or just don't like) in CIS/Eastern Europe, LatAm, or more developed parts of Asia. It's probably good for older guys who don't demand much in terms of living and entertainment infrastructure, like a simple lifestyle, and are happy dating smaller girls with brown skin and a peasant look. It also seems like a great option if you are sensitive to subtle and not so subtle forms of race and age discrimination.

If you prefer girls with lighter skin and a more refined look, China probably still has lots of opportunities. If you need curvy girls, there are many places in Africa and the Caribbean to consider. If you must have white girls...well, that's a lot more challenging.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Rock wrote: It's probably good for older guys who don't demand much in terms of living and entertainment infrastructure, like a simple lifestyle, and are happy dating smaller girls with brown skin and a peasant look. It also seems like a great option if you are sensitive to subtle and not so subtle forms of race and age discrimination.
I wouldn't say all Filipinas look like this either, they can be as varied as Thai girls. I know a few very attractive filipinas living in Thailand, one is married to a Thai guy (very Thai-Chinese looking filipina) and the other is leggy, cute, and works as a PR hostess for a major hotel. They still have horrible diets though and bad taste but that's another issue..

Thais and Filipinos look remarkably similar most of the time but I think the major factor is still diet. If Filipinos stopped eating trash there would be way more hot women.
Enishi
Freshman Poster

Post by Enishi »

Lack of white skin/refined look I don't mind so much. I'm even ok with someone being a bit overweight, especially if it goes into their breasts and behind. ;)

I will not however tolerate someone being lazy and letting themselves get obese after the first kid or when they hit 25. I also have little patience for someone whose inner world contains nothing but popculture crap and "I love my family and Jesus because...er...I'm supposed to!"

Based on what I've read on here, it sounds like in the Philippines it would be hard for me to find someone who does not fit into the either the crass idiot or uptight upper class divide.

NE Asia or Europe definitely sound like a better bet for me, especially since I will probably make more in those areas with ESL.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Repatriate wrote:
Rock wrote: It's probably good for older guys who don't demand much in terms of living and entertainment infrastructure, like a simple lifestyle, and are happy dating smaller girls with brown skin and a peasant look. It also seems like a great option if you are sensitive to subtle and not so subtle forms of race and age discrimination.
I wouldn't say all Filipinas look like this either, they can be as varied as Thai girls. I know a few very attractive filipinas living in Thailand, one is married to a Thai guy (very Thai-Chinese looking filipina) and the other is leggy, cute, and works as a PR hostess for a major hotel. They still have horrible diets though and bad taste but that's another issue..

Thais and Filipinos look remarkably similar most of the time but I think the major factor is still diet. If Filipinos stopped eating trash there would be way more hot women.
1. Based on what Mr. S has written recently, it sounds like most of the really attractive and tall Filipinas are generally not available or very expensive and mercenary.

2. One thing I don't get about Filipinas vs. Thais and diet. If Filipinas are eating the high calorie junk diet in abundance, similar to people in many lower class areas of the States, and they are racially similar to certain types of Thais, why does their growth continue to be stunted? According to the data I've seen, the average stature of young people in Phils is around 3 inches shorter than in Thailand. And the Thai average has increased 3-4 inches in last 25 years, generally attributed to increasing prosperity and a richer and/or more westernized diet. The height increase applies to the poor girls from Issan as well. Moreover, if you talk to the old time western expats in Thailand, many will complain that the working girls have gotten a lot bigger - taller and fatter - generally to their chagrin.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Enishi wrote:Lack of white skin/refined look I don't mind so much. I'm even ok with someone being a bit overweight, especially if it goes into their breasts and behind. ;)

I will not however tolerate someone being lazy and letting themselves get obese after the first kid or when they hit 25. I also have little patience for someone whose inner world contains nothing but popculture crap and "I love my family and Jesus because...er...I'm supposed to!"

Based on what I've read on here, it sounds like in the Philippines it would be hard for me to find someone who does not fit into the either the crass idiot or uptight upper class divide.

NE Asia or Europe definitely sound like a better bet for me, especially since I will probably make more in those areas with ESL.
Its sounds like you may like somewhat curvy women with intellectual capacity. And you need an environment where you can make a living on ESL.

If you are 20s to early 30s and don't mind brutal winters, consider an Eastern European or CIS country. Find a country and city which fits your personality best and has easy dating opportunities. I think most of Europe is full of hot women with intellectual depth but you don't get much of a dating handicap in Western Europe. So focus on the poorer countries in the eastern part. Don't know about on-the-ground ESL opportunities. But if they are not sufficient, you could explore the on-line ESL option Lad has written about.

If you 20s to late 30s, need a more mild climate, and can relate to NE Asian women and culture, Taiwan would be good. Girls are generally not lazy and many have some intellectual depth. And you will get a big dating handicap here, both for fun and serious relationships. But for certain things, the people here tend to act in accordance with collective values and Chinese customs just because they are supposed to. On-the-ground ESL opportunities are abundant and lucrative relative to cost of living, especially if you can teach children.

If you are mid-to-late 30s or beyond, a second or third tier city in China might be a good bet. Choose a province according to your climate and aesthetic preferences. China is big enough that there are significant regional differences between the people. Like in Eastern Europe, you need to find the place there which best fits your personality and has decent dating opportunities. From everything I've read, ESL jobs in these types of cities are easy to find, generally include housing, and pay very well relative to cost of living. Curvy girls are much less common in China than Taiwan. And girls in southern China are a bit shorter too. But if you can accept the slim look, there are a lot of very cute and attractive girls around. I find the girls in China are often ambitious and thrifty. Intellectual types can be found pretty easily too. In China, you are probably more likely to suffer culture shock than in Taiwan. If this scares you, you could start with a baby step to a second tier city within commuter access of a first-tier location (Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen/Hong Kong).
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Rock wrote: 1. Based on what Mr. S has written recently, it sounds like most of the really attractive and tall Filipinas are generally not available or very expensive and mercenary.
I think this is more of an individual opportunity thing like it is anywhere else and what your social circle is. I imagine if a young 20-mid 30's something man studied at a University there they probably wouldn't have a hard time.
2. One thing I don't get about Filipinas vs. Thais and diet. If Filipinas are eating the high calorie junk diet in abundance, similar to people in many lower class areas of the States, and they are racially similar to certain types of Thais, why does their growth continue to be stunted? According to the data I've seen, the average stature of young people in Phils is around 3 inches shorter than in Thailand. And the Thai average has increased 3-4 inches in last 25 years, generally attributed to increasing prosperity and a richer and/or more westernized diet. The height increase applies to the poor girls from Issan as well. Moreover, if you talk to the old time western expats in Thailand, many will complain that the working girls have gotten a lot bigger - taller and fatter - generally to their chagrin.
The poverty in the Phillipines can be pretty extreme which can explain some of the stunted growth. The GDP per capita for the entire nation is very low. The people in the countryside probably suffer from malnutrition and poor diet. They might get "food" but it's low grade garbage, and couple that with very unhealthy cultural attitudes you get what you see. At least country people in Thailand have plots of land and they tend to be better at subsistence farming. Plus Thai country food is actually pretty healthy with fresh fish, herbs, and farm rice. Even the poorest Isaan people know how to cultivate the land and gather protein from alternative sources such as insects. I also know some rather "country" Filipinos who work in Thailand and they all talk like they are extremely luck to have gotten the hell out of there. Nearly all of them support relatives back home as well.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Repatriate wrote:
Rock wrote: 1. Based on what Mr. S has written recently, it sounds like most of the really attractive and tall Filipinas are generally not available or very expensive and mercenary.
I think this is more of an individual opportunity thing like it is anywhere else and what your social circle is. I imagine if a young 20-mid 30's something man studied at a University there they probably wouldn't have a hard time.
The poverty in the Phillipines can be pretty extreme which can explain some of the stunted growth. The GDP per capita for the entire nation is very low. The people in the countryside probably suffer from malnutrition and poor diet. They might get "food" but it's low grade garbage, and couple that with very unhealthy cultural attitudes you get what you see. At least country people in Thailand have plots of land and they tend to be better at subsistence farming. Plus Thai country food is actually pretty healthy with fresh fish, herbs, and farm rice. Even the poorest Isaan people know how to cultivate the land and gather protein from alternative sources such as insects. I also know some rather "country" Filipinos who work in Thailand and they all talk like they are extremely luck to have gotten the hell out of there. Nearly all of them support relatives back home as well.
Interesting points on rural Thailand. I have a foreign friend there who loves to eat the bugs too. And country rats, which I'm sure rural folks include in their diet and are not filthy like their urban cousins, are a great source of protein. I don't know anything about the PI countryside but from what you say, it sounds like a mess. But even in Manila, most locals seem pretty short with the odd exception here and there.

Regarding younger foreign guys at PI unis having some attractive options, I'm sure that's true. But I bet these girls don't go ga ga over them the way the poor girls do. As a younger guy, your opportunity cost is very high. You've got some excellent prospects in NE Asia and even Thailand. I have no direct experience to base this on but I suspect these types of guys will do better (ie have more access to a larger pool of hotties with minimal material aspirations) in some of the other countries of the region. From my limited exposure to Filipinos both in PI and abroad and based on my taste, the higher class Filipino segment has a lot fewer very attractive young girls than the higher classes from Thailand, Singapore, or NE Asia.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Enishi wrote:Lack of white skin/refined look I don't mind so much. I'm even ok with someone being a bit overweight, especially if it goes into their breasts and behind. ;)

Ha, ha that's what it's like here for the most part. I agree that it is a good last resort for guys over the hill so to speak and look and act like it. You can find a decent looking young simpleton when you get over 50 with little problem. So if you just want a decent looking GF or wife that does the household stuff okay but doesn't have much other ambitions in life then most Filipina's will fit that bill.

I'm kinda stuck here for the time being but I would much prefer to have left and gone somewhere else for a change of scenery. Most of the foreigners that end up living here in Philippines for a long time start acting and taking up a lot of the characteristics of the locals or they just are lushes that hang out in bars everyday. I'm not really into either so keep to myself most of the time nowadays.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.